Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,946 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:27 PM

Official: PDP Zones Chairmanship To Northeast - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Official: PDP Zones Chairmanship To Northeast (19397 Views)

Who Is The Most Sellable Person In The South East If PDP Zones VP To Se? / PDP Chairmen In North Reject Zoning Of National Chairmanship To South-west / It's Official!!! PDP Won Osun Bye-election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Official: PDP Zones Chairmanship To Northeast by maupe: 8:10pm On Apr 28, 2016
*Party woos aggrieved members

Onyebuchi Ezigbo in Abuja

After weeks of controversy and intriguing battle for the soul of the Peoples Democratic Party, the party’s National Executive Committee meeting on Wednesday finally affirmed the zoning of the chairmanship position to the North-East.

But the atmosphere at the poorly attended NEC meeting painted a picture that all may not be well with the opposition party after all. Most of those who spoke at the opening of the NEC meeting were all calling for truce and for those who may have disagreed with the decisions reached at the NEC meeting to sheathe their sword and remain in the party.

Speaking to journalists on the outcome of the meeting, the National Chairman of the PDP, Senator Ali Modu Sheriff said that the NEC has approved the report of the zoning and convention committees.

Regarding the highly contested chairmanship position, Sheriff said that the seat has been zoned to the North-East by the NEC without any dissenting voice.

“The NEC meeting has adopted the report of the zoning committee 100% without any dissenting voice. It approved the zoning of the post of e National Chairman to the North East,” he said.

Sheriff said that the party’s NEC will meet again on the May 11 to approve proposals for constitutional amendments ahead of the national convention

According to the report of the zoning committee, the South West is to retaining the position of the National Secretary while the National Organizing Secretary and Youth Leader is to be produced by (South East). Similarly the committee zoned the Deputy National Chairman South back to the South-South.

When asked whether he will be contesting for the chairmanship position at the May convention, Sheriff said:”The issue is a personal decision for me and when I make up my mind on it I will let you know”.

Earlier, Sheriff had expressed satisfaction over the recent outing of the party during a rally in Jigawa state, describing it as a sign of things to come.

www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/04/28/pdp-nec-ratifies-zoning-of-chairmanship-seat-to-neast/

2 Likes

Re: Official: PDP Zones Chairmanship To Northeast by iflywithbuhari(f): 8:25pm On Apr 28, 2016
Very good. Nice work. Now the path is clear for either Ekweremadu to become President, or for Jonathan to return. Any SW loser that wants to defect, is free to do as he pleases. Just don't come back begging. You can go and join either SDP, Accord or KOWA, or better you can go and commit political suicide in APC. We don't care and we don't need you.

18 Likes

Re: Official: PDP Zones Chairmanship To Northeast by tiamiyukunle69(m): 8:36pm On Apr 28, 2016
Who the zoning epp

1 Like

Re: Official: PDP Zones Chairmanship To Northeast by Sunymoore(m): 8:36pm On Apr 28, 2016
The person above the person above me is still bitter about 2015 lost...
For the records, no vacancy in Aso rock.. GEJ is a good man, but not a leader, so he's out of the equation, or bring him in, and APC will win sitting at home...
Ekweremadu is a gooner, because he's be kicked out with his master soon...
Politics of hatred and bitterness will lead some people nowhere...

92 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Official: PDP Zones Chairmanship To Northeast by Nobody: 8:36pm On Apr 28, 2016
For PDP to win the presidential seat in 2019......these are the lists of things to do cool

1)chanqe dah name.....PDP........it denotes corruption........ They should merqe with one yeye party and change the name
2)they should try to lure kwankwanso to their party
3)they should always respect n' bow for Jonathan...... He is the only way to capture SS n' SE
4)Fayose should be promised minister of finance if they eventually win
Abeq.....ah don tire....may rest grin

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official: PDP Zones Chairmanship To Northeast by vickodedon(m): 8:36pm On Apr 28, 2016
Pals I will be coming out 4 the post. Need you guys support.
We will make sure super eagles win world cup.

3 Likes

Re: Official: PDP Zones Chairmanship To Northeast by Abuleoshi: 8:37pm On Apr 28, 2016
This is why Metuh fainted days ago!

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official: PDP Zones Chairmanship To Northeast by GWMI(m): 8:38pm On Apr 28, 2016
i will better follow the devil PDP i know than the angel APC i have not seen.What i mean is that PDP needs some reform and home work then let the hypocritic APC come with their evil propaganda it will be word for word, propaganda for propaganda .I am seeing a new pdp thumbs up.You have my support.Thanks.

5 Likes

Re: Official: PDP Zones Chairmanship To Northeast by ki02020(m): 8:38pm On Apr 28, 2016
I still believe in my party APC

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Official: PDP Zones Chairmanship To Northeast by Mywapi: 8:38pm On Apr 28, 2016
Re: Official: PDP Zones Chairmanship To Northeast by vicmela(m): 8:38pm On Apr 28, 2016
Na them sabi.

2 Likes

Re: Official: PDP Zones Chairmanship To Northeast by HoLEEsinner: 8:39pm On Apr 28, 2016
Lol in Spanish

1 Like

Re: Official: PDP Zones Chairmanship To Northeast by bettercreature(m): 8:39pm On Apr 28, 2016
iflywithbuhari:
Very good. Nice work. Now the path is clear for either Ekweremadu to become President, or for Jonathan to return. Any SW loser that wants to defect, is free to do as he pleases. Just don't come back begging. You can go and join either SDP, Accord or KOWA, or better you can go and commit political suicide in APC. We don't care and we don't need you.
lol i pity you! Your people couldnt save jonathan with all the riggins plus 95% of your votes and now you are threatening the intelligent people of south-west? Continue.

75 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Official: PDP Zones Chairmanship To Northeast by ki02020(m): 8:39pm On Apr 28, 2016
I still belief in my party APC

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Official: PDP Zones Chairmanship To Northeast by greatiyk4u(m): 8:39pm On Apr 28, 2016
Ndi- Igbo ibem ndonuooo (my fellow Igbos take heart)

How can you wail all days all night wishing Buhari/APC all sorts of ill lucks claiming Buhari and his party hates Ndi -Igbo because He is a gworo chewing aboki when the PDP you wail and die 4 just reduced us to the lowest echelon in their zoning formula...........imagine the statement below

"According to the report of the zoning committee, the South
West is to retaining the position of the National Secretary
while the National Organizing Secretary and Youth Leader
is to be produced by (South East)."

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official: PDP Zones Chairmanship To Northeast by luvinhubby(m): 8:39pm On Apr 28, 2016
PDP is Nigeria's GOP, grand old party.

5 Likes

Re: Official: PDP Zones Chairmanship To Northeast by Ryabcool(m): 8:40pm On Apr 28, 2016
[b] These people have just given APC the rocket launcher to blow them out of existence come 2019. How foolish can these people get? The SW PDP they just discarded now are those that managed to almost tie the votes GEJ got in 2015 with Buhari. Now that there won't be anybody to campaign for them here in the SW, what then is the point?

In 2019 when the election comes, let's break down how the public voting based on the mindset of each zone will be when a Northern Presidential aspirant comes forth from the PDP:

North; It is well known that no northern politician alive today can match the popularity of Buhari. So please tell me who in the pdp will have the liver and power to confront him in the North when votes and public charisma is involved? Buhari at worst will definitely score 75% of all the votes in the north. Meaning APC wins, PDP loses

South East; They have been clamoring for an Igbo presidency, and they heavily campaigned against the North during the last election. Will they suddenly turn around and start singing praises of another Northern candidate just because he's from the PDP? Bear in mind that the actions of the Fulani herds men of late does not favour anybody from the north in the SE. Though I predict a narrow win for the PDP, expect a very low turn out of voters because nobody would care about any of the APC and PDP candidates. While this is a win for the PDP, it might not be a win on the long run because overall numbers will matter.

South South; the general mindset is also going to go almost the same way of the South East, though there might be more voters turn out in favour of the PDP here. Overall, numbers will still not be enough to guarantee anything.

South West; Now this is going to be the funniest of all. PDP having just lost their political structure in the Southwest, who will campaign for them when the elections come? The public perception of PDP in the SW is at an all time low, and tonight has just made it even lower. Does anybody think Yoruba people will stand and watch some people from other zones come to tell them to vote for people who couldn't carry their indigent important politicians along when they were working the shenanigans of their political structure? Very laughable. With nobody of value to campaign for them, even KOWA will win more votes than PDP. APC will sweep almost all the votes here.

So in summary, I don't see how PDP hopes to make any serious impact in the next election. They have shot themselves in the foot and it will not heal in another 7 years to come. CONGRATS APC FOR WINNING THE NEXT ELECTION!

[/b] grin grin grin

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Official: PDP Zones Chairmanship To Northeast by shamecurls(m): 8:40pm On Apr 28, 2016
Lobatan!

IPOB must vote a Fulani come 2019

Loving the way PDP is marginalizing them......

Even the South-south has more stakes in PDP than the South-East

#DoubleLoss #CollateralDamage

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official: PDP Zones Chairmanship To Northeast by rawtouch: 8:40pm On Apr 28, 2016
he who pays the piper....

1 Like

Re: Official: PDP Zones Chairmanship To Northeast by Kangol99(m): 8:41pm On Apr 28, 2016
Ok

2 Likes

Re: Official: PDP Zones Chairmanship To Northeast by Nobody: 8:41pm On Apr 28, 2016
PDP wants to win in 2019 and PDP has to win the North to do that. Hence the zoning.

5 Likes

Re: Official: PDP Zones Chairmanship To Northeast by Nobody: 8:41pm On Apr 28, 2016
The South West should not feel cheated by the PDP zoning of its chairmanship to North East.
PDP gave them 8 solid years of Presidency under Obasanjo!
For me, PDP should zone the Senate Presidency to South South.
If PDP can woo someone like Kwankwaso with the 2019 ticket, he will pull great votes in the North together with Block SE+SS and Ekiti .

4 Likes

Re: Official: PDP Zones Chairmanship To Northeast by bastian5050(m): 8:41pm On Apr 28, 2016
maupe:

www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/04/28/pdp-nec-ratifies-zoning-of-chairmanship-seat-to-neast/
Very wrong move.the party zoned the 2019 presidential position to the north and now they are zoning the party chairmanship to the north still.Tor, they are not tired of being an opposition.

5 Likes

Re: Official: PDP Zones Chairmanship To Northeast by chesterlee(m): 8:42pm On Apr 28, 2016
Good for the Party of the people!!!

1 Like

Re: Official: PDP Zones Chairmanship To Northeast by mrvitalis(m): 8:42pm On Apr 28, 2016
Then if we the igbos don't get the presidential slot then I think we should consider our stand in PDP

5 Likes

Re: Official: PDP Zones Chairmanship To Northeast by ksuccess(m): 8:43pm On Apr 28, 2016
Well....seems good to me from a political angle.

Let's wait and see how it turns out.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official: PDP Zones Chairmanship To Northeast by dandostism88(m): 8:43pm On Apr 28, 2016
Believe me PDP will return with full force...

2 Likes

Re: Official: PDP Zones Chairmanship To Northeast by Nobody: 8:43pm On Apr 28, 2016
They should stop disturbing us with their useless party chairmanship.

6 Likes

Re: Official: PDP Zones Chairmanship To Northeast by lukency(m): 8:44pm On Apr 28, 2016
May God destroy PDP d way it destroy Nigeria.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official: PDP Zones Chairmanship To Northeast by Karm16: 8:44pm On Apr 28, 2016
Upon all the noise by Igbos. They've even zoned presidency to the North. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin gringrin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

iflywithbuhari:

LMAOOOOOO....... Tell me, which Northerner would vote for GEJ and Ekeremadu? grin Are you still relying on the presidency PDP zoned to the North?
As a matter of fact, don't expect Yorubas to vote for the dead party.

I'm telling y'all now because in 2019, we don't want you weeping on social media about how Yorubas betrayed you. Listen and listen hard, SW and SE are not political allies. Don't expect to get our votes.

Should Yorubas join and reform Kowa, KOWA will win. We're just politically intelligent like that. Don't touch thy annointed grin

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Official: PDP Zones Chairmanship To Northeast by chikel2000(m): 8:45pm On Apr 28, 2016
Everything shld go to d north
Re: Official: PDP Zones Chairmanship To Northeast by Nobody: 8:45pm On Apr 28, 2016
This move is definitely going to be the game changer for the PDP. The simple object is to whittle down the popularity of the APC in the North. The seat obviously is Sheriff's to keep. He has done so much in the short time he has spent in office. This move should be followed by propitiatory steps to placate aggrieved members. The 2019 presidential election is going to be an epic battle in the north.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

COVID-19: Buhari Names 12-member Presidential Task Force To Control Spread / Kogi PDP Primary: I gave The Delegates Anointing Oil, that did it - Melaye / EFCC Begins Manhunt For Ugonna Madueke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.