Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,778 members, 7,802,388 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:31 PM

What Is This With Accident Victims And Police Report Before Treatment ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is This With Accident Victims And Police Report Before Treatment ? (576 Views)

Amosun Stops His Convoy, Rescues Accident Victims On Busy Akure-Ondo Road (Pics) / Al-Makura's Convoy Helps Accident Victims - PICS / Treat People With Gunshot Wounds, Accident Victims Before Police Report-El Rufai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is This With Accident Victims And Police Report Before Treatment ? by Godjone(m): 9:07pm On Apr 28, 2016
Happening right now in Abuja, close to Chinese Railway Construction Company New-Site, Gwagwa.
A vehicle knocked down two bike men. One is in total coma and the other rushed to hospital.
Now, at the hospital, the management requested for police clearance or presence before they will commence treatment. In the cause of the milieu, a relative to the accident victim immediately approached the police station for a police report.
But as am typing, the police say they must see the accident spot before they can say anything.
I now begin to marvel why somebody who is at the point of death should obtain a police report before he is given medical attention. What nonsense law is this?
Can somebody give me an explanation please
Re: What Is This With Accident Victims And Police Report Before Treatment ? by wittyt98(m): 9:19pm On Apr 28, 2016
its part of whats affecting Nigeria ...that report is to verify the person affected did not engage in a crime stuff things like robbery ... intead of saving the persons life first that's what they do demand ...... its what killed my uncle ..he was knocked down by a car and was rushed to the nearest general hospital around 10pm and instead of giving him first aid and treat him they were requesting for police report the people who took him to the hospital ran to the nearest police station to obtain a police report police wasted their time there too .... after obtaining the report on getting to the hospital back around 11:30pm they found out instead if giving my uncle first aid they just laid him down on a bed nd he was still bleeding seriously they couldn't even stop the bleeding ... at 12 am my uncle gave up the ghost he lost too much blood .
Re: What Is This With Accident Victims And Police Report Before Treatment ? by Godjone(m): 9:38pm On Apr 28, 2016
wittyt98:
its part of whats affecting Nigeria ...that report is to verify the person affected did not engage in a crime stuff things like robbery ... intead of saving the persons life first that's what they do demand ...... its what killed my uncle ..he was knocked down by a car and was rushed to the nearest general hospital around 10pm and instead of giving him first aid and treat him they were requesting for police report the people who took him to the hospital ran to the nearest police station to obtain a police report police wasted their time there too .... after obtaining the report on getting to the hospital back around 11:30pm they found out instead if giving my uncle first aid they just laid him down on a bed nd he was still bleeding seriously they couldn't even stop the bleeding ... at 12 am my uncle gave up the ghost he lost too much blood .
oh my God!

What a foolishness of a nation who has no regards for the sanctity of human life. This to me is preposterous, wicked and the height of stupidity. They should do some thing about this primitive practice

(1) (Reply)

U.S. Seeks To Approve Attack Aircraft For Nigeria / I Won’t Apologize, Tompolo Dares N-delta Avengers. / How Obama Is Helping President Buhari To Stop Biafra Independence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.