Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,375 members, 7,808,309 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:12 AM

Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo (62014 Views)

Aftermath Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Tanker Explosion (Graphic Photos) / More Pictures Of The New Lagos Buses / 4 Interesting Facts About Nigeria You Probably Didn’t Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by saxby(f): 5:33pm On Apr 29, 2016
Okay... I created a thread https://www.nairaland.com/3073782/finding-stolen-phone-share-detective on how to track a lost phone incase it gets stolen. Reason being that I was expecting my own phone.

Well, pending when i get mine, i decided to "flex" my friend`s own to be sure of what I was expecting.

While at it, I saw old pictures of Lagos (some before independence) So I decided to share. Follow me as I take you back memory lane.

PROJECT: Displaying Old Pictures of lagos State (Mostly Island)
NETWORK PROVIDER: Etisalat
PHONE USED: Tecno Boom J8
AIM: To determine the speed of network and Capability of the Device used.

1. Cameron Road, Ikoyi
2. Creek Bridge Ikoyi
3. Club Road Ikoyi
4. Marina

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by saxby(f): 5:34pm On Apr 29, 2016
Fed Palace Hotel
Bristol Hotel, Lagos Island
National Hall
TBS

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by saxby(f): 5:34pm On Apr 29, 2016
Carter bridge
Broad Street
?? ??
broad st

1 Like 1 Share

Kingsway
CFAO
1961 Carter Bridge with olden day 'go-slow'

Eko Bridge, 1973

5 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by socialmediaman: 5:35pm On Apr 29, 2016
Well its better now than then

5 Likes

Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by TippyTop(m): 5:36pm On Apr 29, 2016
This was before Niger Delta Oil money rolled in, in few years Abuja people would also forget their city was built by our oil.

#ResourceControlNow

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by saxby(f): 5:37pm On Apr 29, 2016
Lagos Cathedral in the 70s
Carter Br
"" ""
Broad str

2 Shares

Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by Rossikk(m): 5:43pm On Apr 29, 2016
What about the mainland? By the way, those bicycles were on the pedestrian sidewalks. That's wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by saxby(f): 5:43pm On Apr 29, 2016
Bar Beach 1960s
TBS
Independence square, Lagos. 1960s
CMS

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by Pheals(f): 5:44pm On Apr 29, 2016
nice photos !!!

2 Likes

Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by khalhokage(m): 5:44pm On Apr 29, 2016
Nice
Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by saxby(f): 5:52pm On Apr 29, 2016
1929. The land in the middle is where the present TBS is the race course. The land at the bottom left is present day Victoria Island
Cathedral Church, Marina
Cameron Road Ikoyi
Kings College

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by jmichlins(m): 5:52pm On Apr 29, 2016
At times i do wonder if we are ripe for independence. See how organized the place is and neat as well

6 Likes

Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by saxby(f): 5:57pm On Apr 29, 2016
Old Advert
TBS, Race Course
Federal Palace Hotel
Igbosere

3 Shares

Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by saxby(f): 5:59pm On Apr 29, 2016
Race Course site
State House, Marina
Aerial view Tinubu Square Environs
UTC

3 Shares

Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by derrick333(m): 6:01pm On Apr 29, 2016
white men left too early lipsrsealed

58 Likes

Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by saxby(f): 6:03pm On Apr 29, 2016
PZ factory, Marina
CMS Bookshop 1955
High Court, Igbosere 1960s
Bar Beach 70s

4 Shares

Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by sherrylo: 6:07pm On Apr 29, 2016
derrick333:
white men left too early lipsrsealed

Honestly!

13 Likes

Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by saxby(f): 6:08pm On Apr 29, 2016
Idumota
Custom Ware house
Niger house. Head office of U.A.C. group.
Old National Assembly

3 Shares

Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by saxby(f): 6:11pm On Apr 29, 2016
CBN
Enu Owa street
Marina, by Davies street
Eko Hotel in the 80s

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by DaBullIT(m): 6:14pm On Apr 29, 2016
Lagos has upgraded beyond words

No wonder Olamide thinks , if i carry you go to Island my guy you go love Lagos o

And thats why those people want Lagos to be declared as no man's land

Mtchewww

Mynd44

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by amaechi1: 6:15pm On Apr 29, 2016
Nice one. Bringing back the memories of old good days. Days when everyone works for the progress of Nigeria. Day when greed and impunity were far away to be mentioned. Days of sanity and respect. God light our (Nigeria) shine again!

11 Likes

Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by saxby(f): 6:16pm On Apr 29, 2016
Idumota
Marina (Notice that no one litters the environs then)
E.C.N . Electric Corporation Of Nigeria . Later became NEPA. (That small child in the pix go don old by now grin grin)
Nnamdi Azikiwe street, Idumota

1 Share

Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by SweetGuy225: 6:19pm On Apr 29, 2016
So many south east asian cities were at the same developmental level with Lagos in the sixties - Bangkok, Singapore, Manila, Kuala Lumpur etc. They are all better than Lagos today in all ramifications.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by saxby(f): 6:19pm On Apr 29, 2016
US Consul 1949
Ikoyi Club 1950s
Creek hospital
Ijora

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by itstpia8: 6:21pm On Apr 29, 2016
We've seen the pictures before, they've been recycled many times.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by saxby(f): 6:24pm On Apr 29, 2016
Federal Palace Hotel, VI
Tinubu Square - 1950s - 1960s (Look at how clean it was. Not now that its congested cry )
Race Course TBS 1910s/1920s
1967 Postcard of Tinubu Square

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by selfdefence: 6:32pm On Apr 29, 2016
itstpia8:
We've seen the pictures before, they've been recycled many times.

Hmmmm... Are you sure?? Because me I've not seen o.

Lalasticlala seun mynd44 have you guys seen them before?

4 Likes

Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by MarysMeal: 6:37pm On Apr 29, 2016
SweetGuy225:
So many south east asian cities were at the same developmental level with Lagos in the sixties - Bangkok, Singapore, Manila, Kuala Lumpur etc. They are all better than Lagos today in all ramifications.

From sweetguy25 and now this.

More like bitterguy cos you are pained.

2 Likes

Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by Ogonimilitant(m): 6:41pm On Apr 29, 2016
Great
Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by saxby(f): 6:47pm On Apr 29, 2016
1960s - Carter Bridge heading towards the Island
Tinubu Square back in the day, just as it was beginning to get rowdy
Kingsway Stores Lagos 1975
Old Ikoyi Hotel grounds

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Cost Of Flight Tickets From Nigeria To USA / Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) / I Trekked To Church Today And It Was Fun But Church Looked Scanty (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.