Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,335 members, 7,780,877 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:48 AM

China And Russia Beg U.S. To Abandon Korea Missile Defense Plans - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / China And Russia Beg U.S. To Abandon Korea Missile Defense Plans (720 Views)

Comparin Russian S-400 Vs US Patriot Missile Defense System photos- Bloomberg / Trump Calls Emergency U.N Meeting Over Success In North Korea Missile Test(Pics) / Pics: Russian Plane Arrives U.S. To Evacuate 35 Expelled Diplomats & Families. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

China And Russia Beg U.S. To Abandon Korea Missile Defense Plans by mazeltov(m): 9:22pm On Apr 29, 2016
[img]https://s.yimg.com/lo/api/res/1.2/GbFdeARPD9yXBA6URNKnSA--/YXBwaWQ9eW15O3E9NzU7dz02NDA7c209MQ--/http://slingstone.zenfs.com/offnetwork/d881ac4c03727ccc58833fa1511d1df8[/img]
China and Russia urged the United States on Friday not to install a new anti-missile system in South Korea, after Washington said it was in talks with Seoul in the wake of nuclear arms and missile tests by North Korea.

The United States and South Korea have begun talks on possible deployment of the Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) system after North Korea tested its fourth nuclear bomb on January 6 and conducted missile tests.

The nuclear test and missile launches are in violation of U.N. resolutions against North Korea backed by Russia and China. U.S. and South Korean officials have expressed concern that the North could attempt a fifth nuclear test in a show of strength ahead of its Workers' Party congress, which begins on May 6. North Korea test-fired what appeared to be two intermediate range ballistic missiles on Thursday, but both failed, the U.S. military said.

Speaking at joint press briefing with Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov, Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi said the United States should respect "legitimate concerns" of China and Russia over the missile system.

"This move goes beyond the defensive needs of the relevant countries. If it is deployed it will directly impact China's and Russia's respective strategic security," Wang said.

"Not only does it threaten the resolution of the peninsula nuclear issue, it quite possibly could pour oil on the fire of an already tense situation, and even destroy strategic equilibrium on the peninsula."
North Korea's actions should not be used as an excuse to make moves that would escalate tensions, especially the U.S. deployment of an anti-missile system, Lavrov said, according to an interpretation in Chinese.

North Korea's drive to develop a nuclear weapons capability has angered China, Pyongyang's sole major diplomatic and economic supporter. But Beijing fears THAAD and its radar have a range that would extend far beyond the Korean peninsula and into China.

Chinese President Xi Jinping said on Thursday that Beijing would not allow war and chaos to break out on the Korean peninsula.

North and South Korea remain technically at war after their 1950-53 conflict ended in a truce, rather than a treaty. The North routinely threatens to destroy South Korea and its major ally, the United Sta
Re: China And Russia Beg U.S. To Abandon Korea Missile Defense Plans by Nobody: 10:10pm On Apr 29, 2016
Kai! My priend, please serenade my brain with another sweet propaganda grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: China And Russia Beg U.S. To Abandon Korea Missile Defense Plans by Eze2000(m): 10:25pm On Apr 29, 2016
Zoharariel:

So u love military 'propaganda'?
well wait till my blog is up and running in a month or 2. I'm the king of these things,
Re: China And Russia Beg U.S. To Abandon Korea Missile Defense Plans by ValerianSteel(m): 9:05am On Apr 30, 2016
Zoharariel:
Your Russia and China know the capabilities of a THAAD deployments in the Korean Peninsula.THAAD can see way into Chinese hinterlands,any country with an active missile program won't want a MDS close its borders at all and China and Russia have expressed frustrations at the eventuality of THAAD being deployed.

Of course do not trust the United States,THAAD is the perfect cover to build a defense observation outpost that can link up directly with US spy satelites over China and monitor Missile activities in Russia and China.Afterall Russia deployed their own defense observation outpost in the Arctic as a protest to NORAD who says America shouldn't with an open invitation undecided
Re: China And Russia Beg U.S. To Abandon Korea Missile Defense Plans by 1Tkester: 11:33pm On Apr 30, 2016
ValerianSteel:
[s]Your Russia and China know the capabilities of a THAAD deployments in the Korean Peninsula.THAAD can see way into Chinese hinterlands,any country with an active missile program won't want a MDS close its borders at all and China and Russia have expressed frustrations at the eventuality of THAAD being deployed.

Of course do not trust the United States,THAAD is the perfect cover to build a defense observation outpost that can link up directly with US spy satelites over China and monitor Missile activities in Russia and China.Afterall Russia deployed their own defense observation outpost in the Arctic as a protest to NORAD who says America shouldn't with an open invitation [/s]undecided

Load of trash!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Why Has Trump Not Spoken To Any African Leader? - Wall Street Journal / Fallout Of Supposed ' Donald Trump's Speech On Africans And Arabs' / Ghana To Invade Gambia At Midnight If Its President Does Not Resign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.