Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,046 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:43 AM

5 Nigerians Among Forbes 30 Most Promising Young African Entrepreneurs For 2016 - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 5 Nigerians Among Forbes 30 Most Promising Young African Entrepreneurs For 2016 (34729 Views)

The African Entrepreneurs Merit Awards: Personalities, Brands Honoured (Photos) / Forbes- Top 10 Richest Men In Nigeria 2017 / Dangote Now Wealthier Than Oprah And Trump Combined – Forbes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Nigerians Among Forbes 30 Most Promising Young African Entrepreneurs For 2016 by FanYogo1(f): 2:34am On Apr 30, 2016
[size=18pt]5 Nigerians among Forbes 30 most promising young African entrepreneurs for 2016
[/size]

Every year since 2011, Mfonobong Nsehe has identified the most exceptional young African entrepreneurs below the age of 35. Last year, we shared with you the 6 Nigerians that made the Forbes 30 under 30 CEO.

This time out, Forbes has released a list of the most promising young African entrepreneurs under 35 for 2016. Abiola Olaniran, who made the list last year, reappears in this year’s list. He is joined by 4 other Nigerians.

Abiola Olaniran
Founder, Gamsole

Olaniran, 27, is the founder and CEO of Gamsole — a Nigerian gaming company, Olaniran founded the company in 2012, and it has venture backing from 88mph, a Kenyan seed fund. The company’s games now have more than 9 million downloads both locally and internationally on the Windows Phone store.

OLATORERA-ONIRU

Founder, Dress Me Outlet

[img]http://instagr.am/p/BDbXIsSlVtn/media/?size=l[/img]

Olatorera Oniru, 28, is the founder of Dressmeoutlet.com – a Nigerian e-tailer of fashion products, health & beauty products and home-goods. Dressmeoutlet stocks more than 1,000 products from premium designers globally. Dressmeoutlet ships worldwide and currently has customers in different states across Nigeria, Uganda and the United States of America. The company now employs more than 20 full-time employees and has funding offers from notable investors including Nigerian investor Tony Elumelu.

Ogunlana Olumide and Chukwuwezam Obanor
prepclass-founders
Founders, PrepClass

Olumide and Obanor, both 24, are the founders of PrepClass — a Nigerian academic solutions provider offering online test prep software, full-length tests, and a Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) experience similar to that of Nigerian university pre-entry exams. PrepClass also provides personalized home tutors in Lagos, Nigeria, skilled at meeting individual academic needs. The company has been funded by CRE Venture Capital and the Venture Garden Group.

Kasope-Ladipo-Ajai
Founder, OmoAlata

Ladipo-Ajai, 29, is a co-founder of OmoAlata – a Nigerian brand that processes and packages local Nigerian spices and peppers. Its flagship OmoAlata Peppermix which is a blend of fresh organic tomatoes, onions and peppers has been favorably received in the Nigerian market. Kasope Ladipo-Ajai was the winner of the 2015 She Leads Africa Pitch Competition.

https://techpoint.ng/2016/04/28/forbes-most-promising-african-entreprenuers/

lalasticala, myd44 and the rest of them mods, please do the needful

sholes0
hopeathand
coolitempa
thev0ice
lordave
freeglobe
OBAFEMIawolowo
Adesiji77
obadisa
tochukwuifeduba
Scholes007
modath

33 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 5 Nigerians Among Forbes 30 Most Promising Young African Entrepreneurs For 2016 by FanYogo1(f): 2:36am On Apr 30, 2016
May Oduduwa continue to bless the Yoruba nation and their ever strong and ambitious entrepreneur spirit.
Yorubaland is blessed! Full of talents. In politics, economy and education. Too bad we have less ambitious leaders.
When it comes to business, na we get am.
We're not talking petty trading or small shops, we're talking big businesses.

157 Likes 16 Shares

Re: 5 Nigerians Among Forbes 30 Most Promising Young African Entrepreneurs For 2016 by Lovelynature(m): 2:46am On Apr 30, 2016
God bless Nigeria

but op why are you this greedy The poster and ftc same timewink

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Nigerians Among Forbes 30 Most Promising Young African Entrepreneurs For 2016 by FanYogo1(f): 2:58am On Apr 30, 2016
Lovelynature:
God bless Nigeria

but op why are you this greedy The poster and ftc same timewink

My brother, shey dem pay una for FTC? Oya no vex grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Nigerians Among Forbes 30 Most Promising Young African Entrepreneurs For 2016 by FanYogo1(f): 3:11am On Apr 30, 2016
[quote author=seunny4lif post=45169741] cheesy grin

If they like, hate on Yorubas. Our sun has risen. The horizon is ours for the taking.
If they like, ignore us. They will later want for our attention.
If they like, bite us. They’ve bitten more than they can chew.
If they like, mock us. In their heart, they can't deny they love our culture.

Yoruba is beyond you and I. Yoruba identifies a unique set of people. It's an ideology. It's a religion. It's a language. It's a belief. It's unexplainable.

Ask Europeans. Ask North Americans. Ask South Americans.
They've adopted our language and culture.

Ask Beyonce. Ask Drake.
Once they've tasted Yoruba, they talked about it. They loved it.

Oduduwa a gbe wa o. May Oduduwa continue to bless each and everyone of his children.

Yorubaland: Land of the risen sun.

142 Likes 15 Shares

Re: 5 Nigerians Among Forbes 30 Most Promising Young African Entrepreneurs For 2016 by seunny4lif(m): 3:13am On Apr 30, 2016
grin grin grin
FanYogo1:

If they like, hate on Yorubas. Our sun had risen. The horizon is ours for the taking.
If they like, ignore us. They will later regret it.
If they like, bite us. They bit more than they can chew.
If they like, mock us. But they can't deny they love our culture.
Yoruba is beyond you and I. Yoruba symbolizes a unique set of people. It's an ideology. It's a religion. It's a language. It's a belief. It's unexplainable.

Ask Europeans. Ask North Americans. Ask South Americans. They've adopted our language and culture.

Ask Beyonce. Ask Drake. Once they've tasted Yoruba, they talked about it. They loved it.

Oduduwa a gbe wa o. May Oduduwa continue to bless each and everyone of his children.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Nigerians Among Forbes 30 Most Promising Young African Entrepreneurs For 2016 by Standing5(m): 3:35am On Apr 30, 2016
FanYogo1:
May Oduduwa continue to bless the Yoruba nation and their ever strong and ambitious entrepreneur spirit.
Yorubaland is blessed! Full of talents. In politics, economy and education. Too bad we have less ambitious leaders.
Must u go so low on everything Nigerian in the name of internal competition and insecurity bigotry?

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Nigerians Among Forbes 30 Most Promising Young African Entrepreneurs For 2016 by FanYogo1(f): 3:38am On Apr 30, 2016
Standing5:
Must u go so low on everything Nigerian in the name of internal competition and insecurity bigotry?

23 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 5 Nigerians Among Forbes 30 Most Promising Young African Entrepreneurs For 2016 by MysticZeus: 3:59am On Apr 30, 2016
Working now, to make that list in 3Years.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Nigerians Among Forbes 30 Most Promising Young African Entrepreneurs For 2016 by FanYogo1(f): 4:03am On Apr 30, 2016
MysticZeus:
Working now, to make that list in 3Years.

You've already made it. Nothing is impossible with a little passion and hardwork. I'm wishing you the best of luck.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Nigerians Among Forbes 30 Most Promising Young African Entrepreneurs For 2016 by Nobody: 4:06am On Apr 30, 2016
Ow I wish we can just celebrate this guys as beautiful and successful Nigerians without any ethnic coloration

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Nigerians Among Forbes 30 Most Promising Young African Entrepreneurs For 2016 by nairaman66(m): 6:50am On Apr 30, 2016
Good news!
Re: 5 Nigerians Among Forbes 30 Most Promising Young African Entrepreneurs For 2016 by simplemach(m): 6:51am On Apr 30, 2016
I hope to make this list soonest

3 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerians Among Forbes 30 Most Promising Young African Entrepreneurs For 2016 by jidxin(m): 6:52am On Apr 30, 2016
checking for my name.. . yes it's der

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerians Among Forbes 30 Most Promising Young African Entrepreneurs For 2016 by DICKtator: 6:52am On Apr 30, 2016
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerians Among Forbes 30 Most Promising Young African Entrepreneurs For 2016 by ossaisly(m): 6:53am On Apr 30, 2016
Re: 5 Nigerians Among Forbes 30 Most Promising Young African Entrepreneurs For 2016 by peeparty(m): 6:54am On Apr 30, 2016
We set the pace others follow omo naija.

6 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerians Among Forbes 30 Most Promising Young African Entrepreneurs For 2016 by omenka(m): 6:55am On Apr 30, 2016
I doubt Seun's name isn't on the list.

Oya, make I go see the list.

Edit:

Crappy list as far as I'm concerned. angry

3 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerians Among Forbes 30 Most Promising Young African Entrepreneurs For 2016 by VocalWalls: 6:55am On Apr 30, 2016
Good one.

These are the celebs. Not old thieves.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Nigerians Among Forbes 30 Most Promising Young African Entrepreneurs For 2016 by laurel03(m): 6:56am On Apr 30, 2016
Baba God answer my call ooo

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerians Among Forbes 30 Most Promising Young African Entrepreneurs For 2016 by encryptjay(m): 6:56am On Apr 30, 2016
Hehehehe... impressive.

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerians Among Forbes 30 Most Promising Young African Entrepreneurs For 2016 by opalu: 6:58am On Apr 30, 2016
Watch out. Very soon. I will be listed along with those who like this comment.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Nigerians Among Forbes 30 Most Promising Young African Entrepreneurs For 2016 by kloser(m): 6:58am On Apr 30, 2016
FanYogo1:
bigot alert

5 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerians Among Forbes 30 Most Promising Young African Entrepreneurs For 2016 by kyrios: 6:59am On Apr 30, 2016
Would join them soon
Re: 5 Nigerians Among Forbes 30 Most Promising Young African Entrepreneurs For 2016 by Nobody: 6:59am On Apr 30, 2016
Coming sooner
Re: 5 Nigerians Among Forbes 30 Most Promising Young African Entrepreneurs For 2016 by augster(m): 6:59am On Apr 30, 2016
Im gon make that list... Watch out for my name
Re: 5 Nigerians Among Forbes 30 Most Promising Young African Entrepreneurs For 2016 by opalu: 7:00am On Apr 30, 2016
I thought Seun should be in that list. Or his own list is not "Promising Entrepreneurs" but "Arrived Entrepreneurs'?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Nigerians Among Forbes 30 Most Promising Young African Entrepreneurs For 2016 by Codedrock(m): 7:00am On Apr 30, 2016
Click like if you are proud to be Yoruba.

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Nigerians Among Forbes 30 Most Promising Young African Entrepreneurs For 2016 by Vveni(m): 7:00am On Apr 30, 2016
Thank God my name is not there but a year from now they will be wondering 'what a mystery!!'

Just how God created me.

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerians Among Forbes 30 Most Promising Young African Entrepreneurs For 2016 by anochuko01(m): 7:01am On Apr 30, 2016
I came to check their ages.... at 23, I need to buckle up!

3 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerians Among Forbes 30 Most Promising Young African Entrepreneurs For 2016 by Kjking(m): 7:02am On Apr 30, 2016
if seuns name is not on that list then there is a mix up somewhere... NAIRALANDERS let's celebrate our very own youngest entrepreneur (oga seun) by clicking the like button

20 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Courts Reject Old Naira Notes, Turn Lawyers, Litigants Back / One Reason You're Still Broke As Young Person / Court Orders GTB To Pay customer's Stolen 5 Billion!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.