Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,502 members, 7,801,319 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:44 PM

‘Why Bitumen Exploration Is Just Taking Off In Ondo’ - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘Why Bitumen Exploration Is Just Taking Off In Ondo’ (11708 Views)

Bitumen Exploration To Commence In Ondo Soon / FG Awards Oil Block License To Ondo For Bitumen Exploration / Ondo Begins Bitumen Exploration With 10,000 Barrels Per Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘Why Bitumen Exploration Is Just Taking Off In Ondo’ by 2n2k(m): 10:24am On Apr 30, 2016
goingape:
bitumen is no a deposit my friend.

it is a by product extract from the distillation of crude oil.

bitumen can never be in a deposit form.

Your knowledge is extremely limited.

1 Like

Re: ‘Why Bitumen Exploration Is Just Taking Off In Ondo’ by farem: 10:26am On Apr 30, 2016
iKarma:
[size=18pt]‘Why bitumen exploration is just taking off in Ondo’[/size]

The Ondo State government yesterday gave reasons for the long delay in the take off of bitumen exploration in the state.

[size=12pt]It attributed the delay to the absence of a licence, which took the state government more than five years to secure.[/siz

owriononlineng.ng.net/bitumen-exploration-just-taking-off-ondo/

Sometimes I just wonder at why ondo and States have to show in the last five years for gej but misery and dilapidation. It takes political hypnotism to make people continue this support when the reality shows erosion-ravaged roads and sepulchre-like (rotten and white-washed)projects.

The ONLY hope for us was high-priced international oil price which was murderously and buffonically squandered!
Re: ‘Why Bitumen Exploration Is Just Taking Off In Ondo’ by goingape: 10:30am On Apr 30, 2016
2n2k:

while you are lacking some!
Re: ‘Why Bitumen Exploration Is Just Taking Off In Ondo’ by Fanyogoyogo: 10:31am On Apr 30, 2016
2n2k:

lmao abi. I swear. Most of these nlers sha. Fear catch me when I read some of the post on this thread. People dumb o.
Re: ‘Why Bitumen Exploration Is Just Taking Off In Ondo’ by Fanyogoyogo: 10:37am On Apr 30, 2016
farem:

Sometimes I just wonder at why ondo and States have to show in the last five years for gej but misery and dilapidation. It takes political hypnotism to make people continue this support when the reality shows erosion-ravaged roads and sepulchre-like (rotten and white-washed)projects.

The ONLY hope for us was high-priced international oil price which was murderously and buffonically squandered!

My brother na so. GEJ and his gang of 40 middle eastern thieves. They'll be shouting that Yorubaland offers nothing, while stopping Yorubaland from exploring its resources.

I believe bitumen is a kind of crude oil, going down this route could be environmentally damaging. I'll admit that my knowledge is quite limited in this area. I hope others can help with clearification.

1 Like

Re: ‘Why Bitumen Exploration Is Just Taking Off In Ondo’ by bakry86: 10:45am On Apr 30, 2016
goingape:

There r two types of bitumen.
one is a remnant obtained from exploration of crude oil, the other is natural deposit. It's found in Ogun, Ondo n Edo....
d 3 major components r sand, water n oil. It is not economical like crude oil because it contains very low quantity of oil....

1 Like

Re: ‘Why Bitumen Exploration Is Just Taking Off In Ondo’ by paycash: 10:57am On Apr 30, 2016
This is a scam this present administration in Ondo State has nothing to offer, if you ask them why dangote refinery moved to Lagos they will tell liars.
Up till this present nothing is working in Ondo State not even a single company no to talk about existing companies like oluwa glass, Okitipupa oil mill, Ondo omo wood etc. All granded even all Agagu road project was abandoned.
Re: ‘Why Bitumen Exploration Is Just Taking Off In Ondo’ by goingape: 10:58am On Apr 30, 2016
bakry86:

There r two types of bitumen.
one is a remnant obtained from exploration of crude oil, the other is natural deposit. It's found in Ogun, Ondo n Edo....
d 3 major components r sand, water n oil. It is not economical like crude oil because it contains very low quantity of oil....
thank you for this information!

this is how a gentleman do things. and for the rest who quote me spewing RUBBISH, I guess you are the most intelligent APE on earth.
Re: ‘Why Bitumen Exploration Is Just Taking Off In Ondo’ by rusher14: 11:19am On Apr 30, 2016
goingape:

You've been directed to Google yet you insist.

Butu why?
Re: ‘Why Bitumen Exploration Is Just Taking Off In Ondo’ by RetroBoy: 11:21am On Apr 30, 2016
iKarma:

I am not arguing with you about Ondo's mismanagement, so save the unnecessary long epistle for another thread. Like Bayelsa like all 36 state.

My grouse with you is your thought process. Ondo shouldn't stop working or stop diversifying its economy because of current salary issue.

If Ondo does, una cry. If Ono, doesn't, una still cry. Are you from Ondo? Do you currently live in Ondo?

Had you taken time to read and digest the article, you'd have read where they stated that FG had to give Ondo permission to start exploiting Bitumen. Because of fear of how Ondo would grow, being that it's the largest host of bitumen resources in the world, they've been delaying the process. Clueless shoeless GEJ delayed the permission process further. Ondo couldn't have started mining without permission.
How long will it take Ondo to start generating revenue fron the bitumen exploration?
Are you saying Ondo workers should forget salaries until revenue starts coming from bitumen exploration?
Re: ‘Why Bitumen Exploration Is Just Taking Off In Ondo’ by goingape: 11:24am On Apr 30, 2016
rusher14:
You've been directed to Google yet you insist.
Butu why?
kiss my ass
Re: ‘Why Bitumen Exploration Is Just Taking Off In Ondo’ by Sheggy13(m): 11:26am On Apr 30, 2016
iKarma:

I am not arguing with you about Ondo's mismanagement, so save the unnecessary long epistle for another thread. Like Bayelsa like all 36 state.

My grouse with you is your thought process. Ondo shouldn't stop working or stop diversifying its economy because of current salary issue.

If Ondo does, una cry. If Ono, doesn't, una still cry. Are you from Ondo? Do you currently live in Ondo?

Had you taken time to read and digest the article, you'd have read where they stated that FG had to give Ondo permission to start exploiting Bitumen. Because of fear of how Ondo would grow, being that it's the largest host of bitumen resources in the world, they've been delaying the process. Clueless shoeless GEJ delayed the permission process further. Ondo couldn't have started mining without permission.
The guy you've been quoting is more informed than you. Don't let Mimiko and his gang of thieves fool you. I'm a resident and indigene of the state, so we know this sudden bitumen exploration is all but a charade to use as a campaign agenda to give his PDP candidate he wants to impose a chance for continuation of the so-called project since he has barely few months left in office. I can't believe you'll believe the cheap lie that they've been denied license for 5 years by Jonathan's govt. This was the same govt Mimiko went about telling Ondo indigenes to vote for GEJ for 2nd term and even made him his SW campaign coordinator with billions released to him. That is to show you how close Mimiko was to GEJ that could have made him grant him the license in a jiffy. Same Mimiko didn't cry out all this while that his PDP-led FG denied him the license that could have helped boosted the economy of the state, but suddenly found his voice now few months to the end of his tenure. Brother wise up please.

4 Likes

Re: ‘Why Bitumen Exploration Is Just Taking Off In Ondo’ by toseman(m): 11:27am On Apr 30, 2016
Mimiko is a very smart individual, why is it when he is leaving office,and now giving excuse for late approval for the bitumen mining.

He only waited for the best time to act, the new company formed, he is major stake holder in it.
Just deceiving people that its for the state benefit, all nah lie,its fr personal gain.

Mimiko really dashed people's expectation. So much was expected from him. Despite the fact that during the Western region era,Ondo state was the highest producer of cocoa, that used to be a past glory anyway.
The state doesn't have a single industrial estate. except for civil service jobs, Mimiko tainted his name with his handwork, he has left nothing good to judge, Agagu's tenure was far far better.

All the scholarship for indigent student Agagu introduced, Mimiko canceled everything...
posterity is judging him already, come this year October PDP go definitely loose in Ondo state

2 Likes

Re: ‘Why Bitumen Exploration Is Just Taking Off In Ondo’ by sunkymike(m): 11:28am On Apr 30, 2016
goingape:

Just a simple Google search would have educated you enough.
There are 2 major ways of getting bitumen
1. Refined Bitumen which is gotten from the fractional distillation of crude oil.
2. Crude Bitumen which is naturally occurring, they can be found at bottom of lakes, ground where organisms have decayed and have been subjected to heat and pressure for a long period of time.
And for the record, Ondo state has the 2nd largest deposit of naturally occurring Bitumen in the world.

1 Like

Re: ‘Why Bitumen Exploration Is Just Taking Off In Ondo’ by goingape: 11:31am On Apr 30, 2016
sunkymike:

Just a simple Google search would have educated you enough.
There are 2 major ways of getting bitumen
1. Refined Bitumen which is gotten from the fractional distillation of crude oil.
2. Crude Bitumen which is naturally occurring, they can be found at bottom of lakes, ground where organisms have decayed and have been subjected to heat and pressure for a long period of time.
And for the record, Ondo state has the 2nd largest deposit of naturally occurring Bitumen in the world.
let say Google is not in existence! will you open your God damn mouth to say this?

get-out!
Re: ‘Why Bitumen Exploration Is Just Taking Off In Ondo’ by ba7man(m): 11:41am On Apr 30, 2016
goingape:

You're wrong. It is found in deposit form in Ondo.

It's general knowledge.

1 Like

Re: ‘Why Bitumen Exploration Is Just Taking Off In Ondo’ by ba7man(m): 11:43am On Apr 30, 2016
goingape:
let say Google is not in existence! will you open your God damn mouth to say this?

get-out!
Just learn something new and move on...... that's why we're all here isn't it?

1 Like

Re: ‘Why Bitumen Exploration Is Just Taking Off In Ondo’ by rusher14: 11:45am On Apr 30, 2016
goingape:
kiss my ass
Lol. grin
Re: ‘Why Bitumen Exploration Is Just Taking Off In Ondo’ by Kunlegzy(m): 12:03pm On Apr 30, 2016
goingape:

it's beat me to know that you are arguing over confidently on a matter you have no idea about. Lol. Are u a Geologist ?
Re: ‘Why Bitumen Exploration Is Just Taking Off In Ondo’ by goingape: 12:05pm On Apr 30, 2016
Kunlegzy:
it's beat me to know that you are arguing over confidently on a matter you have no idea about. Lol. Are u a Geologist ?
branch!

part geologist I may say!

paleontology
Re: ‘Why Bitumen Exploration Is Just Taking Off In Ondo’ by engrchykae(m): 12:07pm On Apr 30, 2016
iKarma:

It's indeed nice, though I doubt you read it.

Nigerian youths aren't asking why their state couldn't explore their natural minerals without FG's permission. They aren't asking why states only get 13% of revenues from mineral exploration.

Instead of 'we hate yorubas' 'Yorubas are the problem', una should start wearing your thinking caps at this critical period.
if i tell you that fg dont want nigeria to progress you may not agree with me.
My reasons are these:
On power:I learnt that fg policies on power generation and distribution is not encouraging as every power plant must be wired to the national grid for fg to share.
Now if this retrogressive policy is removed,i know that many states can have their own hydroelectric powerstations as many states have water bodies that can be dammed and made to provide electricity and help agriculture.
Resource control:This is very discouraging for states to get a meagre 13% and obtaining of licences from fg before common sense will prevail.
Security:Fg controlled security have proven beyond reasonable doubt that they can't handle security in Nigeria.
But when u consider how effective local vigillantee can be you would consider having regional police or state police.
THE SOUTH IS MARKED FOR DOMINATION WHETHER SOUTHWEST OR SOUTHEAST THINKS ARE THEY CO OPPRESSORS.
Re: ‘Why Bitumen Exploration Is Just Taking Off In Ondo’ by Young109(m): 12:53pm On Apr 30, 2016
agabusta:

It is the same incompetence and bad management that is being displayed in Bayelsa.

They both have access to extra cash, but are still neck deep in debt. It is bad management.

Both of them also got bail out funds last year from Buhari led FG. While Ondo is owing 4 months, Bayelsa is owing 5 months. It is incompetence on the part of those governors. 

The northern governors are smart enough, not to stretch the population of their civil service beyond their purse/capability. That is good management. 

According to your reasoning, the southern guys that want to clear their streets of Almajiri decided to bring them into its workforce. Now, they are finding it difficult to pay them. And most of these guys are not even very productive to the states! 

Mimiko has no success stories at all for his 2nd term. That is why he is just looking around for something to hold on to. 

He has I think 8 more months to complete his administration. 

He is the only governor to have won 2nd term in Ondo state and the state is seriously regretting giving him that chance. I will be very surprised if PDP wins that state in the coming election.

We have been hearing "bitumen is about to be exploited since 2002". They should spare us the narrative till when we see actual mining of the product. 

Some Persons talk sense than you imagine. Thumb up to this one
Re: ‘Why Bitumen Exploration Is Just Taking Off In Ondo’ by j1mmy: 1:07pm On Apr 30, 2016
Bitumen?? oil?

explore farming, Nigeria has arable land in abundance...ship cash and food crops abroad for raw materials and direct consumption.

yeye african! olodo people!
Re: ‘Why Bitumen Exploration Is Just Taking Off In Ondo’ by OAUTemitayo: 1:47pm On Apr 30, 2016
goingape:
do you even know what is bitumen?

you don't explore bitumen, it is a by product of crude oil (coal tar)
Bitumen is not a by product of Crude oil but petroleum products can be extracted from it.
Re: ‘Why Bitumen Exploration Is Just Taking Off In Ondo’ by allycat: 5:40pm On Apr 30, 2016
Fanyogoyogo:

My brother na so. GEJ and his gang of 40 middle eastern thieves. They'll be shouting that Yorubaland offers nothing, while stopping Yorubaland from exploring its resources.

I believe bitumen is a kind of crude oil, going down this route could be environmentally damaging. I'll admit that my knowledge is quite limited in this area. I hope others can help with clearification.

I guess bitumen was just found when GEJ became president, thee was no knowledge of bitumen deposits prior to GEJ. Or is it that pervious governments allowed bitumen exploration by on do state and GEJ stopped it. I guess On do state was like little New Yor until GEJ and his band of 40 eastern thieves came and killed the state. SMH
Re: ‘Why Bitumen Exploration Is Just Taking Off In Ondo’ by 19naia(m): 7:35pm On Apr 30, 2016
How is that the excuse when the delay goes back since the days of 1982 when i first learned Ondo state had Bitumen reserves to tap.

If you know Bitumen is there since 1980 or earlier, that is no mere delay.

People who schooled in Ondo state are most likely to have been taught in school about Ondo state Natural Resources. And i was among the ones taught in school about Ondo states Bitumen deposits and my school days there go back to the 1980's

Better now than never and i hope its not going to add to air pollution and global climate change.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atiku Starts Presidential Campaign With Facebook Address On Monday / Makarfi: PDP Will Win At First Ballot, APC Has Nothing To Show / Elections: Remove Lagos REC, Cancel Oluomo's Contract, LP Urges INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.