Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:01 AM

Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? - Religion (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? (43310 Views)

Poll: Does the New Testament require us to tithe?

Yes: 38% (28 votes)
No: 61% (44 votes)
This poll has ended

Who Says God Can Not Change Your Story (photo) / Reasons Why Tithing Is Irrelevant Under The New Covenant / The Truth Your Pastor Would Not Tell You About Tithes: Tithing Is Unscriptural U (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by PastorKun(m): 7:04am On Dec 05, 2012
aba2aba:
Agreed! It was introduced in 1895 by pastor Robert G.Williams of Wesley Chapel , Cincinnati Ohio USA when their Church ran out of money.Before then there was no such teaching that believers must tithe in the new covenant.
Malachi3:9 placed a curse on non-tithers but Gal.3:13 says we are redeemed from the curse of the law/

@Bidam and other victims of the tithe scam
I hope you can read and see how recently monetary tithes was introduced to the christian church after almost 2,000 years of christianity. No doubt about it, it's a modern day scam. If you are in doubt about the highlighted, do a google search on the history of tithing in the church. I am sure the results would shock you.
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Nobody: 10:11am On Dec 05, 2012
Goshen360: ^^^ And God's people are breaking loose from tithe falsehood for Christians. Why don't you check the poll and see for yourself. Tithers are not "blessER" than non-tithers for our high priesthood don't demand tithe as per-requisite to bless us under the New Covenant.
And Jesus wept! You keep on making the mistake of saying tithing is falsehood..Agreed MOG's have made a big deal out of it..like i keep telling u guys..tithing is NEVER FALSEHOOD
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Nobody: 10:18am On Dec 05, 2012
Pastor Kun:

I hope you can read and see how recently monetary tithes was introduced to the christian church after almost 2,000 years of christianity. No doubt about it, it's a modern day scam. If you are in doubt about the highlighted, do a google search on the history of tithing in the church. I am sure the results would shock you.
Such a shame u call it a scam when scriptures outlined d principles so clearly...and u call ursef a pastor? Did Apostle paul say in the scripute tithing is a scam? Did any of the apostles preach against it lyk we have present day believers doing? Infact did Jesus condemn tithing? Just answer this questions..then i will accept..am not acceptin fables generated by men who regard the church of Christ with disdain.
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by PastorKun(m): 10:28am On Dec 05, 2012
Bidam: Such a shame u call it a scam when scriptures outlined d principles so clearly...and u call ursef a pastor? Did Apostle paul say in the scripute tithing is a scam? Did any of the apostles preach against it lyk we have present day believers doing? Infact did Jesus condemn tithing? Just answer this questions..then i will accept..am not acceptin fables generated by men who regard the church of Christ with disdain.

One the thing is very clear, the type of tithing(money from income) being preached today is totally different from the biblical one which was of agricultural produce. The fact that the word of God had to be twisted to preach monetary tithe from income is enough to label it a scam as no true man of God would twist his word. Of course we already know that tithing was never instructed to christians in the bible and again scriptures had to be twisted again to justify mandatory christian tithing. If this is not a scam, what can it possibly be.

PS: I know you are finding it so difficult to accept your MOG whom you rever so much as been mis leading you on the subject but that is the simple truth.
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Nobody: 10:37am On Dec 05, 2012
Pastor Kun:

One the thing is very clear, the type of tithing(money from income) being preached today is totally different from the biblical one which was of agricultural produce. The fact that the word of God had to be twisted to preach monetary tithe from income is enough to label it a scam as no true man of God would twist his word. Of course we already know that tithing was never instructed to christians in the bible and again scriptures had to be twisted again to justify mandatory christian tithing. If this is a scam, what can it possibly be.

PS: I know you are finding it so difficult to accept your MOG whom you rever so much as been mis leading you on the subject but that is the simple truth.

You have to understand that some people's lives depends on the tithe to survive or in the case of the sheeple , an expectation that God will send them more cars, mansions and good living , if only they gamble sow more and more seed !

This Tithe thing is hinged on greed not love.
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by PastorKun(m): 12:12pm On Dec 05, 2012
@Bidam
Remember it's a very big sin to twist the word of God no matter the justification.
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Dec 05, 2012
Pastor Kun: @Bidam
Remember it's a very big sin to twist the word of God no matter the justification.
Twisting wat again? The reverse is the case here: u guys keep on harping abt twisting scriptures dat is as clear as the noon day: Fact1...Jesus approved of tithing(mat23:23)..whether u bring a long monologue of xplanations abt agric produce etc..as far as say na tithes jesus yarn dere no wahala..Wat He says to one He says to all..do not decieve urselfs...Apostle paul on the other hand even made clearer statements by saying ministers have a right to material harvest(1cor9:12)(1tim5:17-18)..haba no be d same bible we dey read? I just love the simplicity of the gospel..u guys now brought baseless arguments to mean no be tithes e dey yarn..weda na tithes or no be tithes the point is paul encourages to giving which is seriously on d decline in local assemblies these days cos pple now have Phd in theology reasoning the word of God intellectualy to suit there egos and carnal desires...just becos there are counterfeits doesn't mean there are no Good ones out there..remember the parable of the sower(mark4:cool..And now the Grand finale is Baba God stamping His authority by saying;"I Am the Lord I change Not..therefore you sons of jacob are not consumed". as una don become sons of belial by eating una tithes toh God dey watch una..God principles are Eternal He will never change them..God is still speaking today through His prophets..or re u guys saying there are no prophets in the body of Christ since OT is abolished?(na una talk am no be me).Thank God for prophets...Surely the Lord God does nothing,unless He reveals His secrets to His servants the prophets...guys pls embrace the simplicity of the gospel..dnt try to reason it out with ur intellect...d foolishness of God is wiser than men..i don talk oo.
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Joagbaje(m): 2:36pm On Sep 27, 2013
Pastor Kun:

I hope you can read and see how recently monetary tithes was introduced to the christian .

You don't have right to call any christian a VICTIM because of his faith and conviction.

1 Like

Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Candour(m): 3:04pm On Sep 27, 2013
Some things not written expressly in scripture but which can be stated without fear of contradiction based on old testament history and laws

1. Jesus would NEVER have received tithes when he was on earth because he was not from the tribe of Levi.

2. The apostles would NEVER have received tithes because non was a Levite or serving at the Temple.

They all knew what the law says. Remember the law was in full operation then and the Levitical priesthood was in charge. I can confidently say here that if they had tried collecting tithes from any body, the Jews whould have STONED THEM TO DEATH because it would have been Sacrilege.

The question now comes, how could the early Christians have paid tithe? who would they have paid it to?

Catholic history records tithe as being resurrected at a council in Tours(567AD) and Macon(585AD). Does it mean that all the Christians who lived in that span of over 500 years all sinned and are going to hell?

Christians saved by Grace, what do you think?

2 Likes

Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by brocab: 6:20am On Nov 16, 2015
Can I answer your silly question "No the apostles didn't preach against the tithe-because none had mention it, why should they? Jesus didn't follow up on it.
You tithers keep on jumping the gun about tithing, but none of you tithe the way God had commanded the Jews to tithe.
Matthew 23:23 Jesus didn't say anything to the Pharisees about their tithes 'only because they had some decency to obey God's tithing rules.
Tithing back then' is nothing like today, giving and tithing have two different meanings-you are confusing yourselves with both words.
Freewill giving didn't come under the law like tithing did.
Such a shame u call it a scam when scriptures outlined d principles so clearly...and u call ursef a pastor? Did Apostle paul say in the scripute tithing is a scam? Did any of the apostles preach against it lyk we have present day believers doing? Infact did Jesus condemn tithing? Just answer this questions..then i will accept..am not acceptin fables generated by men who regard the church of Christ with disdain.

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (Reply)

38 Repentant Prostitutes Baptized In Port-Harcourt (Photos) / Folorunsho Alakija Preaches The Gospel On Streets Of Lagos (Video) / Juan Hugo's Testimony Of Heaven & Hell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.