Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,868 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:04 AM

20 Beautiful Biblical Baby Names - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 20 Beautiful Biblical Baby Names (2631 Views)

Baby Names No One Loves Any More - (check It Out) / Kabiru Ishaq Sa'id Celebrates His 3 Wives, Gives Them Pet Names / Check Out These Ridiculous Baby Names That Had To Be Banned (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

20 Beautiful Biblical Baby Names by winexviv: 1:37pm On Apr 30, 2016
Odds are, someone in your family has a name that comes directly from the Bible. (My family includes a Ruth and a Michael.) While perennial favorites like Mary have dropped in popularity a bit, there are still plenty of unique options to pull from the pages of the Judeo-Christian texts. Here are 20 of our favorite Biblical baby names.

Asher
Asher came out of relative obscurity into superstardom at the start of the 21st century—and it’s now a top 100 favorite. It means “blessed one.”

Delilah
The name of a Biblical temptress has become a tempting baby name pick for many modern parents.

Elijah
An Old Testament name that means “Jehovah is God,” Elijah is currently #11 on the popularity list in the U.S.

Elizabeth
This perennial top 20 favorite was the name of John the Baptist’s mother in the Bible.

Esther
This Biblical queen’s name is now back on the rise after nearly a century of decline.

Eve
With Ava, Ever, and Evelyn on the rise, the name of the very first woman on Earth (at least as far as the Bible is concerned) is also on an upswing.

Gabriel
This heavenly classic was given to an angel—and is currently in the top 25 names.

Gideon
Neil Patrick Harris chose this Biblical classic for his son, and it’s been on a huge upswing among other 21st century parents.

Hannah
This classic name means “grace,” and is currently in the top 30 baby names.

Isaac
The beloved son of Abraham and Sarah has a name that means “laughter,” and has been a top 50 pick in the 2000s.

Josiah
This Old Testament king of Judah sports a name that’s been on a long, slow rise since the 1990s.

Jude
One of Jesus’ apostles, Saint Jude is often associated with miracles and lost causes. And of course, it’s the name from one of the Beatles’ seminal songs.

Levi
Yeah, it’s the jeans company—but Levi is also an Old Testament name that’s currently in the top 50 baby names in the U.S.

Luke
The author of one of the Gospels has a stylish name that’s become popular in recent years for its association with the hero of the original Star Wars trilogy.

Magdalene
After falling out of the top 1000 back in the 1940s, it appears this New Testament name is on its way back into popularity. It means “high tower.”

Mary
The name of the mother of Jesus was a perennial top 10 favorite, but has fallen out of the top 100 in the past decade. It means “bitter.”

Naomi
This pretty Hebrew name means pleasant, and just broke into the top 100 a few years ago.

Source http://babbyy.com/2016/02/29/20-beautiful-biblical-baby-names/
Re: 20 Beautiful Biblical Baby Names by RealAdewole(m): 2:25pm On Apr 30, 2016
Deborah also

2 Likes

Re: 20 Beautiful Biblical Baby Names by winexviv: 2:53pm On Apr 30, 2016
RealAdewole:
Deborah also
Yes
Re: 20 Beautiful Biblical Baby Names by peacengine(m): 3:56pm On Apr 30, 2016
Judith, Joseph

1 Like

Re: 20 Beautiful Biblical Baby Names by winexviv: 4:30pm On Apr 30, 2016
peacengine:
Judith, Joseph
Yes
Re: 20 Beautiful Biblical Baby Names by chriskosherbal(m): 5:22am On May 01, 2016
I see, what a name.
Re: 20 Beautiful Biblical Baby Names by veave(f): 8:01pm On May 01, 2016
Jemimah
Re: 20 Beautiful Biblical Baby Names by winexviv: 3:51pm On May 10, 2016
Naetochi is good too
Re: 20 Beautiful Biblical Baby Names by tpiah01: 4:41pm On May 10, 2016
is someone looking for names, or what exactly is the reason for the thread, op?
Re: 20 Beautiful Biblical Baby Names by anistonjennifer: 10:15am On Jun 01, 2016
Femi
Fera
I know so far. Majorly, when I am in need of names , then I wish to choose it from
http://www.babynology.com/nigerian-boynames-f0.html
Re: 20 Beautiful Biblical Baby Names by patani(m): 5:36am On Jun 02, 2016
Joash
Keilah
Re: 20 Beautiful Biblical Baby Names by Nobody: 8:44am On Jun 02, 2016
What is Delilah doing there?

1 Like

Re: 20 Beautiful Biblical Baby Names by sexymoma(f): 5:14pm On Jun 02, 2016
Hephzibah
i so much love that name
Re: 20 Beautiful Biblical Baby Names by Baddo101(m): 7:39pm On Jun 02, 2016
Jacobu grin
Re: 20 Beautiful Biblical Baby Names by dlawsamesq(m): 7:45pm On Jun 02, 2016
Shekinah is the name for me
Re: 20 Beautiful Biblical Baby Names by naniawini(f): 11:45am On Jun 03, 2016
Beulah also
Re: 20 Beautiful Biblical Baby Names by lovingT(f): 11:47am On Jun 03, 2016
Kadmiel
Re: 20 Beautiful Biblical Baby Names by DebbyChris(f): 2:56pm On Jun 03, 2016
sexymoma:
Hephzibah i so much love that name
I have reserve this name for my daughter...
Re: 20 Beautiful Biblical Baby Names by sexymoma(f): 2:57pm On Jun 03, 2016
DebbyChris:
I have reserve this name for my daughter...
lolz

(1) (Reply)

What's The Remedy When One Swallows A Bone / Bizarre Birthmark: Baby Born With White Streak Of Hair / How A One Night Stand Has Changed Everything After Four Years Of Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.