Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,996 members, 7,806,891 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:28 AM

2016 Budget To Go Into Full Operation In Few Days – Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2016 Budget To Go Into Full Operation In Few Days – Osinbajo (17587 Views)

President Buhari Presents N7.3trn 2017 Budget to National Assembly / President Buhari Presents 2017 Budget To The National Assembly / Why Buhari Is Yet To Present 2017 Budget To National Assembly – presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2016 Budget To Go Into Full Operation In Few Days – Osinbajo by LoveMachine(m): 11:38pm On Apr 30, 2016
https://www.today.ng/news/national/114561/2016-budget-into-full-operation-few-days-osinbajo

The Federal Government has re-assured Nigerians that the 2016 budget is expected to go into full operations in the next few days.

This assurance was given by Vice President Yemi Osinbajo who was a guest speaker at the 12th edition of ‘The Platform’, an annual national discourse put together by Covenant Christian Centre, at the Federal Capital Territory Abuja.

He said: “We expect that the budget will go into operation in the next few days.

“This year, isn’t it so interesting that we are all paying attention and we know what exactly is going on?” he asked.

Reeling out some of the government’s plans to 2016, Vice President further told the gathering that technology innovation hubs would be established across the country.

The target, according to him, is to have two Super Hubs – one in Lagos and the other in Abuja – and six Regional Technology Hubs in the six geo-political zones – South-east, South-south, South-west, North-west, North-central and North-east.

“In partnership with several major technology companies, the hubs will be fully resourced to the infrastructure and capacity building tools.

“Each hub will be designed to produce relevant innovative technology solutions to a wide range of business, commercial and government problems,” Professor Osinbajo stated.

He further stressed that the government of Buhari was completely and irrevocably committed to change, but warned that it may not be easy.

“Though the early signs may be confusing and sometimes discouraging, there has never been a better opportunity than now to turn the country in the direction of success.

“What we must do is not to blink. No shaking. Let us stay the course, keep our focus and see our country turn around,” the Vice President urged Nigerians

Professor Osinbajo also said that besides fighting corruption, the Muhammadu Buhari’s administration would create jobs for the people by further diversifying the economy.

“We will deepen the diversification of the economy.

“The big areas of focus are agriculture, agro-allied value chains, solid minerals, petrochemicals, technology and entertainment.

“We need to be completely self-sufficient in production of rice, wheat, tomato and several of the products that drain our foreign exchange.

“This country can feed itself, produce enough.

“All that we need to do is focus on those who are producing and remove the obstacles on the way of giving people who are producing money or resources that they need directly,” he stressed.

At the event, nation building, and not just nation formation was also identified as the solution to the socio-economic problems confronting Nigeria.

This suggestion was made by the convener of the platform, and Pastor of Covenant Christian Centre, Poju Oyemade.

The platform is an annual national discuss for promoting national growth and economic development.

The theme for this year is, ‘Nigeria, What Is In Your Hand? Tapping Into Our Dead Economy, Looking beyond Our Oil-driven Economy’.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2016 Budget To Go Into Full Operation In Few Days – Osinbajo by Nobody: 11:41pm On Apr 30, 2016
Ok, CC lalasticlala
Re: 2016 Budget To Go Into Full Operation In Few Days – Osinbajo by Nobody: 11:45pm On Apr 30, 2016
But why is osinbajo taking lair Muhammad position as minister of propaganda?

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2016 Budget To Go Into Full Operation In Few Days – Osinbajo by dunkem21(m): 11:45pm On Apr 30, 2016
OK, we will give you few more days to see the change

It's May already and the fuel queues is still there ..

When we buy a painter of garri for N350 like before, we can talk cool

6 Likes

Re: 2016 Budget To Go Into Full Operation In Few Days – Osinbajo by Nobody: 11:47pm On Apr 30, 2016
Love Machine:
u may be wrong

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2016 Budget To Go Into Full Operation In Few Days – Osinbajo by DONMAYOR19(m): 11:48pm On Apr 30, 2016
this fake pastor Don finally dump God work to lie lie ad propaganda work.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2016 Budget To Go Into Full Operation In Few Days – Osinbajo by Pheals(f): 12:01am On May 01, 2016
i read abt 2017 budget days ago !! And VP is miw talking abt 2016 again ... Who dey expect ur yeye budget again..

Group of confuse liars

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2016 Budget To Go Into Full Operation In Few Days – Osinbajo by Xionez(m): 12:04am On May 01, 2016
Mmmm, na so.
365 days can also be termed few days, shebi u kno?!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2016 Budget To Go Into Full Operation In Few Days – Osinbajo by surestsam(m): 12:29am On May 01, 2016
Bad news for IPOD youths.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2016 Budget To Go Into Full Operation In Few Days – Osinbajo by SamuelAnyawu(m): 12:48am On May 01, 2016
I just like this guy's pedigree.. One of my Achilles heel in APC

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2016 Budget To Go Into Full Operation In Few Days – Osinbajo by Jirate(m): 1:05am On May 01, 2016
Love Machine:

Does He have any Other Work to Do? cool cool cool

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2016 Budget To Go Into Full Operation In Few Days – Osinbajo by 1Tkester: 1:13am On May 01, 2016
DONMAYOR19:

Hahahahaha, you go fear APC virus nah. Once you catch APCikosis, you mouth will be running faster than a flying jet, you will lie better than the devil.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2016 Budget To Go Into Full Operation In Few Days – Osinbajo by Yello1(m): 1:28am On May 01, 2016
That's if dis news is not being denied by 12 noon today. Until den. I dey watch.

5 Likes

Re: 2016 Budget To Go Into Full Operation In Few Days – Osinbajo by malton: 4:03am On May 01, 2016
DONMAYOR19:
How you take know say him fake? Abi you know am personally?
Re: 2016 Budget To Go Into Full Operation In Few Days – Osinbajo by Bawsse(m): 6:16am On May 01, 2016
Let the change begin, Pdp will regret ever letting another party taste the presidency and prove that the government can do more for the people...

Watch and see, if u like screenshot this message buh I'm sure this administration won't give u d chance to use it to mock me

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2016 Budget To Go Into Full Operation In Few Days – Osinbajo by Blackfire(m): 6:28am On May 01, 2016
In all honesty i pray this govt do well for the sake of the common man.

9 Likes

Re: 2016 Budget To Go Into Full Operation In Few Days – Osinbajo by omenka(m): 6:41am On May 01, 2016
By the time APC is done with the implementation of the budgets of four years, PDP would be too scared to announce they are running for election in 2019 let alone reveal their presidential candidates- na stone Nigerians go stone them. cheesy

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2016 Budget To Go Into Full Operation In Few Days – Osinbajo by Nobody: 7:00am On May 01, 2016
omenka:
By the time APC is done with the implementation of the budgets of four years, PDP would be too scared to announce they are running for election in 2019 let alone reveal their presidential candidates- na stone Nigerians go stone them. cheesy
With the way the government continues to grabble with the basics of governance, one doesn't need to be a seer to know that this government is a motionless train that won't reach anywhere. I pray you will be man enough to continue to stick your neck out for this government. I know a lot of people hungry people that will love to have it for dinner!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2016 Budget To Go Into Full Operation In Few Days – Osinbajo by omenka(m): 7:04am On May 01, 2016
bejeiodus:
With the way the government continues to grabble with the basics of governance, one doesn't need to be a seer to know that this government is a motionless train that won't reach anywhere. I pray you will be man enough to continue to stick your neck out for this government. I know a lot of people hungry people that will love to have it for dinner!
Failure is what you hope and pray for so you can tell some people "I told you so" but Buhari will succeed and so shall Nigeria.

You will be disappointed.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2016 Budget To Go Into Full Operation In Few Days – Osinbajo by Nobody: 7:14am On May 01, 2016
omenka:
Failure is what you hope and pray for so you can tell some people "I told you so" but Buhari will succeed and so shall Nigeria.

You will be disappointed.
I pray he does so. But the signs are too alarming to nurse such hope. A president who has failed to coherently articulate his plans for the nation cannot be trusted to lead us out of this quagmire. That is why Madam Oby and other cheerleaders who kept chanting Sai Baba in the buildup to the 2015 election have continued to express their fears. I don't support the APC, but I am a Nigerian living under its leadership. If the party makes life better, it will rub off on all of us.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2016 Budget To Go Into Full Operation In Few Days – Osinbajo by omowolewa: 8:25am On May 01, 2016
Let's see how things will go thereafter
Re: 2016 Budget To Go Into Full Operation In Few Days – Osinbajo by greatiyk4u(m): 8:34am On May 01, 2016
Nigeria is truly in safe hands

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Budget To Go Into Full Operation In Few Days – Osinbajo by slimpoppa(m): 9:05am On May 01, 2016
It better does
Re: 2016 Budget To Go Into Full Operation In Few Days – Osinbajo by tommykiwi(m): 9:05am On May 01, 2016
Abeg...Una story too much. Tomorrow U will come out to deny dis Ur statement.

1 Like

Re: 2016 Budget To Go Into Full Operation In Few Days – Osinbajo by Ghydyon(m): 9:06am On May 01, 2016
It's a matter of time......

I believe in change but the masses are suffering.
Buhari should do something fast. Nigerians are tired of same story everyday.

VOTE MYSTICGAL FOR MISS NAIRALAND 2016
Re: 2016 Budget To Go Into Full Operation In Few Days – Osinbajo by Adatob(m): 9:06am On May 01, 2016
Ok
Re: 2016 Budget To Go Into Full Operation In Few Days – Osinbajo by Nobody: 9:07am On May 01, 2016
Lol......after we don spend half a year without budqet
Re: 2016 Budget To Go Into Full Operation In Few Days – Osinbajo by kolnel: 9:07am On May 01, 2016
Can't wait for the real action to start
All this talk talk is getting boring
And Apc better start working on the 2017 budget since it takes one year to get budget passed
Pls Apc don't deny this news tomorrow as usual
Re: 2016 Budget To Go Into Full Operation In Few Days – Osinbajo by Nobody: 9:07am On May 01, 2016
Belches'
Re: 2016 Budget To Go Into Full Operation In Few Days – Osinbajo by Akkord4gov: 9:08am On May 01, 2016
Delay is dangerous,make u no dey act like mumu-2baba

This government mumu ehb

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obaseki Wins As Appeal Court Throws Out Ize-Iyamu’s Case For Ballot Recount / "PDP Caused Us The Pain We Are In Today" - Senator George Akume / Adeosun And Gwarzo Meet Reps, Refuse To Shift Grounds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.