Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,560 members, 7,809,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:38 PM

ENUGU MASSACRE: Northern Govs Under Fire… For Defending Fulani - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ENUGU MASSACRE: Northern Govs Under Fire… For Defending Fulani (32502 Views)

ILE-IFE MASSACRE: Northern Leaders, Speak Now Or Remain Silent Indefinitely / Ngige Booed In Enugu At Townhall Meeting For Defending Buhari's Sectionalism / Idoma Group Lambasts Northern Governors For Defending Fulani Herdsmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

ENUGU MASSACRE: Northern Govs Under Fire… For Defending Fulani by ritababe(f): 6:37am On May 01, 2016
The 19 northern governors came under criticism yesterday over their position that the Fulani should not be labelled as criminals.
The Yoruba socio-political organisation, Afenifere, asked the governors to bury their heads in shame over their position which came in the wake of the heat generated by the attack on Ukpabi-Ninbo community in Enugu State by suspected Fulani herdsmen, last Monday.
Ijaw Youths Council (IYC) also condemned the governors.

The northern governors, who met in Kaduna, on Friday, had taken a strong exception to the branding of perpetrators of crimes around the country as Fulani.

The Chairman of the Northern States Governors Forum (NSGF) and Governor of Borno State, Alhaji Kashim Shettima, who spoke on behalf of the group,said it was an insult to consider criminals as Fulani.

Afenifere, yesterday, faulted the governors’ position, asking them to bury their heads in shame.
The Yoruba group, which spoke through their National Publicity Secretary, Mr. Yinka Odumakin, told Sunday Vanguard: “It (the northern governors’ position) is a sign of unfeeling, uncaring for any group today to come out and say that those who have been causing problems and killing people in the Middle Belt and the South are not Fulani herdsmen. They have killed in Agatu land, Enugu; a traditional ruler was killed in Delta State; they killed Chief Olu Falae’s guard and also kidnapped Chief Falae himself. For some people to gather and call themselves northern governors, and have no sympathy for lives than to be defending the Fulani herdsmen, shows clearly that it is a tragedy of monumental proportion to be in the same country with these elements. You also begin to wonder if the blood of human beings runs in their veins because anybody that has human blood running in his veins will not come and say that Fulani herdsmen are not responsible. What nonsense.”

The Afenifere spokesperson went on: “I think the northern governors should bury their heads in shame. I do not think they are fit to be in the comity of civilized human beings. If the attackers are not Fulani herdsmen, where have they struck in the North-West? Why are their activities only in the Middle Belt and in the South? That is the question these northern governors should answer. When militants were blowing up pipelines in the South-South, were they not called Niger Delta militants? Do they want us to call them Yoruba herdsmen?”

In a statement, the IYC described the northern governors’ position as an affront on other nationalities.

Spokesman for the group, Eric Omare, who spoke to Sunday Vanguard, said the governors stance was disappointing and a tacit support for criminality and Fulani herdsmen pillaging of their host communities.
His words, “The statement by the northern governors is disappointing and a tacit support for criminality and the ongoing Fulani herdsmen terrorism.

“If they are interested in peace in Nigeria, they ought to be more concerned about the implication of the activities of the Fulani herdsmen rather than a perceived insult on the Fulani race.

“The IYC condemns the stand taken by the northern governors and calls on southern leaders to brace up for the challenges ahead.

“Furthermore, we wish to state that part of the reason Boko Haram grew to become a national problem was the tacit support given to them by northern political leaders and this Fulani herdsmen terrorism is taking the same pattern; hence it must be taken seriously.”

www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/enugu-massacre-northern-govs-fire-defending-fulani/

67 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ENUGU MASSACRE: Northern Govs Under Fire… For Defending Fulani by SeverusSnape(m): 6:38am On May 01, 2016
Good. Nice one from Afenifere
The Afenifere spokesperson went on: “I think the northern governors should bury their heads in shame. I do not think they are fit to be in the comity of civilized human beings. If the attackers are not Fulani herdsmen, where have they struck in the North-West? Why are their activities only in the Middle Belt and in the South?

The thunder that will strike those Northern governors is still receiving training in Mount Olympus. They should bury their bald heads in shame.

227 Likes 13 Shares

Re: ENUGU MASSACRE: Northern Govs Under Fire… For Defending Fulani by SeverusSnape(m): 6:40am On May 01, 2016
“Furthermore, we wish to state that part of the reason Boko Haram grew to become a national problem was the tacit support given to them by northern political leaders and this Fulani herdsmen terrorism is taking the same pattern; hence it must be taken seriously.”

^^ This is just the fact, No wonder Buhari said "An attack on Bokoharam is an attack on the north", The heartless governors just did the same for Fulani herdsmen.

191 Likes 12 Shares

Re: ENUGU MASSACRE: Northern Govs Under Fire… For Defending Fulani by SeverusSnape(m): 6:44am On May 01, 2016
That is the question these northern governors should answer. When militants were blowing up pipelines in the South-South, were they not called Niger Delta militants? Do they want us to call them Yoruba herdsmen?”

May the gods of our land bless Yinka Odunmakin for this wonderful question. Mynd44, Obinoscopy FP

155 Likes 12 Shares

Re: ENUGU MASSACRE: Northern Govs Under Fire… For Defending Fulani by STFUand4kMeHARD(m): 6:46am On May 01, 2016
Fulani Herdsmen thread ....... straightest road to BAN on Nairaland nowadays grin

No comment cool

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: ENUGU MASSACRE: Northern Govs Under Fire… For Defending Fulani by Frenchkiss564: 6:49am On May 01, 2016
Wetin concern afenifere with the position of northern governors on igbo issue. Afenifere should f*cking mind their own business we have so many issues in yoruba land that deserves their attention

6 Likes 7 Shares

Re: ENUGU MASSACRE: Northern Govs Under Fire… For Defending Fulani by realestworld(m): 6:49am On May 01, 2016
These herdsmen are the replacement for bokoharam

6 Likes

Re: ENUGU MASSACRE: Northern Govs Under Fire… For Defending Fulani by ritababe(f): 6:51am On May 01, 2016
SeverusSnape:

^^ This is just the fact, No wonder Buhari said "An attack on Bokoharam is an attack on the north", The heartless governors just did the same for Fulani herdsmen.

they are all terrorist what do you expect? they are killing Southerners now but when time come its the northerners that will suffer it just like how boko haram start with Christians.

62 Likes 1 Share

Re: ENUGU MASSACRE: Northern Govs Under Fire… For Defending Fulani by SeverusSnape(m): 6:53am On May 01, 2016
Frenchkiss564:
Wetin concern afenifere with the position of northern governors on igbo issue. Afenifere should f*cking mind their own business we have so many issues in yoruba land that deserves their attention
Can you see why the north is more United??... The governors came together and spoke in one voice - "stop calling Fulani herdsmen criminals", Afenifere did the right thing by speaking, Ohaneze has done the same, IYF has done the same, Even IYC. Besides, this herdsmen menace is happening all around the SOUTH.

150 Likes 7 Shares

Re: ENUGU MASSACRE: Northern Govs Under Fire… For Defending Fulani by dgr8truth(m): 6:56am On May 01, 2016
I marvel at the way with which the northern elites defend, protect and justify the acts of their commons even in the face of stark obviousity of the wickedness of their actions.

How I which the south will emulate this act of protecting your own, but if wishes were horses beggars would ride.

The SW and SE especially will always fight over their ego, which is politically irrelevant and also double as their Achilles heel, their only unifying feature is celebrating the misfortune of their perceive rival.

The earlier the south wake up to the reality of the power of their political, economical and social unity their regions hold the better for the political, economical and social future of this country.

30 Likes 6 Shares

Re: ENUGU MASSACRE: Northern Govs Under Fire… For Defending Fulani by januzaj(m): 7:04am On May 01, 2016
Frenchkiss564:
one of the issues that deserve their attention is this.....shey na for Igboland dem kidnap false....you hear wetin their secretary talk...he talk say Ogun and osun na their grazing land...
The Yoruba group, which spoke through their National Publicity Secretary, Mr. Yinka Odumakin, told Sunday Vanguard: “It (the northern governors’ position) is a sign of unfeeling, uncaring for any group today to come out and say that those who have been causing problems and killing people in the Middle Belt and the South are not Fulani herdsmen. They have killed in Agatu land, Enugu; a traditional ruler was killed in Delta State; they killed Chief Olu Falae’s guard and also kidnapped Chief Falae himself. For some people to gather and call themselves northern governors, and have no sympathy for lives than to be defending the Fulani herdsmen, shows clearly that it is a tragedy of monumental proportion to be in the same country with these elements.
Those Governors are animals aswear...they didn't even condemn the attacks instead they defended those that carried out the attacks
You also begin to wonder if the blood of human beings runs in their veins because anybody that has human blood running in his veins will not come and say that Fulani herdsmen are not responsible. What nonsense.
they are animals in human skin ....middle belt governors were there and couldn't address the issue instead they supported the trash blurted out by Shettima......if Fulani herdsmen grow to become national problem it should be within their region like bokoharam......we don't want them in South west

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ENUGU MASSACRE: Northern Govs Under Fire… For Defending Fulani by CSTR2: 7:05am On May 01, 2016
The greatest mistake of this herdsmen is to attack igboland. They didn't expect this level of coordinated media attack on their Region, people and way of life ,that is even attracting unprecedented level of local and international attention.
They probably thought it was another agatu, Ondo or mile 12.

102 Likes 7 Shares

Re: ENUGU MASSACRE: Northern Govs Under Fire… For Defending Fulani by dechriscool(m): 7:07am On May 01, 2016
This is the problem with the northerners.They think about the north and never border about Nigeria.Whenever befall other part of the country is inconsequential to them.Their periority is welfare of the north and for the north.And someone will tell us,there is an entity call NIGERIA.But most southerners will always want us to believe Nigeria first irrespective of your geopolitical area.
The southern part of this country should brace up.The south east and south west should bury their differences and form an allied to confront the northerners.This will go a long way to liberate this country from othman Dan Fodio ideology of the north.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ENUGU MASSACRE: Northern Govs Under Fire… For Defending Fulani by jared007: 7:09am On May 01, 2016
The silly Governors 4rm middle-belt are part of this 19 abi? I wonder why Northern minorities worship Fulani sef? Until middle-belt cut away 4rm d North they shall forever be slaves and remain a conquered territory.

82 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ENUGU MASSACRE: Northern Govs Under Fire… For Defending Fulani by VampireeM(f): 7:14am On May 01, 2016
Northerners are the most tribalistic people in Nigeria. Those yeye facial tribal marked govs were only concerned about herdsmen being branded terrorists and not the lives killed! The northern elites are quiet and not condemning their inhumane acts too cause its their cattles that are being normaded by those herdsmen

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ENUGU MASSACRE: Northern Govs Under Fire… For Defending Fulani by mightyokwy(m): 7:16am On May 01, 2016
Let me reserve my comment bcs am just returning from ban simply bcs I condemned the attitude of Nigerian police toward this herdmen menace.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: ENUGU MASSACRE: Northern Govs Under Fire… For Defending Fulani by Abeymills(m): 7:22am On May 01, 2016
Bubu is a moster n d north d problm of dis great country d president n northern governors should bury thier in shame yeye govt..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ENUGU MASSACRE: Northern Govs Under Fire… For Defending Fulani by ObinnaIzuora: 7:30am On May 01, 2016
CSTR2:
The greatest mistake of this herdsmen is to attack igboland. They didn't expect this level of coordinated media attack on their Region, people and way of life ,that is even attracting unprecedented level of local and international attention.

I dont know the problem of your kids, they have been attacking the South for long. They even killed an Enugu chief few months ago, raped women in Imo and killed many in Ebonyi, stop trying to mock the Agatu people. I dont know why you kids always try to turn every thread to a chest beating one, grow up.

Kudos to the Afenifere, those 19 devilish governors should shut there mouth. You cant call the ND guys Niger delta militants and cry for calling those terrorist, fulani herdsmen. I hate hypocrites.

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ENUGU MASSACRE: Northern Govs Under Fire… For Defending Fulani by Super1Star: 7:36am On May 01, 2016
CSTR2:

Another chest beater on the loose.

Haveyou forgotten how they hoisted Fulani flag in Abia, rape.d women in Imo, desecrated Enugu and probably they were even the ones that nearly sacked Umuleri.

You are here beating your chest like king kong that you are. I thought you chest beaters were daring them to attack you!!!!

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: ENUGU MASSACRE: Northern Govs Under Fire… For Defending Fulani by johnmartus(m): 7:42am On May 01, 2016
Afenifebi always make jocular remark i wonder when "yinka"turn to ibo spokesman rubbish the governors did not mention yoruba name
Re: ENUGU MASSACRE: Northern Govs Under Fire… For Defending Fulani by EmeeNaka: 7:50am On May 01, 2016
The north will always kill.
I think we Nigerian masses should agitate for regional govt.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ENUGU MASSACRE: Northern Govs Under Fire… For Defending Fulani by omowolewa: 7:51am On May 01, 2016
Their defense is just too weird, Benue state was attacked by Fulani herdsmen and even a reconciliatory/mediatory meeting was held between the Maitea'Allah and the Agautu tribe (Live on AIT).

On Grazing Reserve Bill, they should just forget that!
The question is, for who is the reserve gonna be and where? Not in Saki anyway and if it happens, its certainly not for Fulani Cow trailers.

The amount of monies sunk on irrigation farming and aforestation program in the North is enough to buy(grow) them lush vegetation for grazing. So why eyeing dis-united southern governors' land.

4 Likes

Re: ENUGU MASSACRE: Northern Govs Under Fire… For Defending Fulani by Yorubasgreat(f): 7:56am On May 01, 2016

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: ENUGU MASSACRE: Northern Govs Under Fire… For Defending Fulani by ShowYourCertificate: 8:16am On May 01, 2016
Buhari is Fulani

5 Likes

Re: ENUGU MASSACRE: Northern Govs Under Fire… For Defending Fulani by jstbeinhonest(m): 8:17am On May 01, 2016
CSTR2:

I cant belive you are still chest beating over this,agatu happened in the north,Ondo were clashes on the farms (several of which have occured in ibo land),Mile12 was an ethnic crises.Enugu was INVADED,homes were burnt,villagers were killed,it was a one way traffic.They virtually sacked the village.This is unprecedented in the south.And you expect the media not to harp on it?.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: ENUGU MASSACRE: Northern Govs Under Fire… For Defending Fulani by SonOfEl(m): 8:18am On May 01, 2016
Super1Star:

Another chest beater on the loose.

Haveyou forgotten how they hoisted Fulani flag in Abia, rape.d women in Imo, desecrated Enugu a probably they were even the ones that nearly sacked Umuleri.

You are here beating your chest like king kong that you are. I thought you chest beaters were daring them to attack you!!!!

The hoisted flag story died naturally when the constituency members decided to investigate the matter. Am not justifying what one commenter posted that made other ethnicities look cowardly, I only feel the abia flag incident was not in away similar to the killings going on by the Fulani.

Is it arochukwu that would sit and won't retailiate to Fulani's madness? Or is it the ngwa people that won't roast them and their cattle alive for dinner should it ever occur in their communities? Or is it aba or umuahia that the Fulani's want to rampage? See eh, abia state is a flash point, such Fulani madness won't dare come close, and if it does, they and their cattle's should rest in peace RIP.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: ENUGU MASSACRE: Northern Govs Under Fire… For Defending Fulani by malton: 8:25am On May 01, 2016
uduokirika1:
I wept when i saw Benue, Nasarawa and Plataeu Governors in that meeting!
Theses states ve suffered more casualty to the herdsmen menaace yet they were part of this unholy meeting!

@topic,

The Northern governors can talk trash eh. I wonder how we ended up with people so bereft of sense of reasoning as leaders. They lack any iota of diplomacy!

So arrogant, inhuman and trashy!

2 Likes

Re: ENUGU MASSACRE: Northern Govs Under Fire… For Defending Fulani by uduokirika1(m): 8:28am On May 01, 2016
I wept when i saw Benue, Nasarawa and Plataeu Governors in that meeting!

Theses states ve suffered more casualty to the herdsmen menaace yet they were part of this unholy meeting!

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ENUGU MASSACRE: Northern Govs Under Fire… For Defending Fulani by Super1Star: 8:29am On May 01, 2016
SonOfEl:

The hoisted flag story died naturally when the constituency members decided to investigate the matter. Am not justifying what one commenter posted that made other ethnicities look cowardly, I only feel the abia flag incident was not in away similar to the killings going on by the Fulani.

Is it arochukwu that would sit and won't retailiate to Fulani's madness? Or is it the ngwa people that won't roast them alive for dinner should it ever occur in their communities? Or is it aba or umuahia that the Fulani's want to rampage? See eh, abia state is a flash point, such Fulani madness won't dare come close, and if it does, they and their cattle's should rest in peace RIP.

If I hear!!!!.

Na so u na talk say dem no fit attack u na.

The rest is history today.

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Osun Elections: Ademola Adeleke Casts His Vote (PHOTOS) / Aisha Yesufu: 'For Your Marriage To Work, Keep Your Mother Out Of It' / Sule Lamido Mobbed At The Wedding Of Ringim's 4 Daughters (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.