Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,863 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:58 PM

Ex- Minister Of Education, Birmah, Leaves PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex- Minister Of Education, Birmah, Leaves PDP (533 Views)

Richard King Leaves PDP For APC (Photos) / #EdoDecides: Solomon Edebiri Leaves PDP / Isa Yuguda Leaves PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex- Minister Of Education, Birmah, Leaves PDP by aminho(m): 12:48pm On May 01, 2016
Ex- Minister of Education, Birmah, leaves PDP

A former Minister of Education under late General Sani Abacha, Alhaji Dauda Birmah, yesterday dumped the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
He said he left the party because the leadership of the party turned its back on him.
Birmah also said that he left the PDP because he was not allowed to vote as a national delegate for the governorship candidate of the party, Nuhu Ribadu, and its presidential candidate in the 2015 general elections, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan.
The former presidential candidate of the defunct All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP) did not disclose which party he will join.
Birmah, who announced his decision to leave PDP to reporters in an interview in his Asokoro home in Abuja, said that his next political party will be communicated to his followers soon.
He said: “The time has come for me now to categorically state that I am not in the party because I do not want my supporters and other people who take me seriously to believe that I am part of what is happening today.
“They are trying to re-engineer the party. They have gone to the market and have exchanged its goat for a monkey. I do not want to be a part of that. I have decided to leave the PDP.
“I will decide which political party to go to and that will be my final destination politically in a partisan manner.”
He added: “The milestone of my falling apart with the PDP was when Bamanga Tukur was removed as the national chairman because his stand was contrary to the characteristic stand of the PDP because they always wanted three or four people sitting in some smoked filled room to determine what people should ordinarily decide in a convention or in primaries.
”That was the point at which I parted company spiritually with the PDP. In the PDP I was elected as the national delegate for my local government.
“There was only one national delegate and I was elected. But you will be surprised that when we wanted a congress to nominate a governor in Adamawa, the PDP removed the primaries from Yola and brought it to Abuja.”

”Almost all the delegates were in Yola while they came to Nyanya and collected political prostitutes as delegates. I did not participate in the nomination of the governor and I did not participate in the nomination of the president.
“If at my level I will be a member of a party and they will refuse to allow me to participate then you know that I should no longer belong to that party.”

lalasticlala, OAM4J, mynd44
Re: Ex- Minister Of Education, Birmah, Leaves PDP by madridguy(m): 12:50pm On May 01, 2016
Ok
Re: Ex- Minister Of Education, Birmah, Leaves PDP by aminho(m): 12:50pm On May 01, 2016
Naso!correct guy
Re: Ex- Minister Of Education, Birmah, Leaves PDP by MrFairplay4ume(m): 1:28pm On May 01, 2016
When is club[s][/s] party transfer ending in Nigria?

(1) (Reply)

Read Complete Buhari's Speech At The Signing Of The 2016 Budget Into Law / FG Distributes Goods Seized By Customs To BH Victims, Right Or Wrong - PIC / Budget Will Be Implemented 100% — FG Said So

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.