Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,158 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:52 AM

Rejoinder - Sultan CONDEMNED Herdsmen Attacks, Never Absolved Them Of Blame - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rejoinder - Sultan CONDEMNED Herdsmen Attacks, Never Absolved Them Of Blame (1600 Views)

"Do Not Revenge Herdsmen Attacks" - Buhari Appeals To Victims Of Attacks / Nkpor Ipob Killings: Nnamdi Kanu Absolves Obiano Of Blame / Burutai Found Not Guilty, Absolved Of All Blames. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rejoinder - Sultan CONDEMNED Herdsmen Attacks, Never Absolved Them Of Blame by fulanmafia: 7:32pm On May 01, 2016
This FP thread caught my attention for the awfully MISLEADING headline - "Blaming Fulani Herdsmen For Benue, Enugu Killings Absurd!!! attributed to the Sultan Of Sokoto.

https://www.nairaland.com/3079992/blaming-fulani-herdsmen-benue-enugu

Unfortunately most commenters failed to read the contents of the article and realize that the Sultan and the JNI Muslim organization in fact CONDEMNED firmly all of the attacks from Agatu to Enugu, asserting that the attacks were criminal in nature and should be treated as such.

“The repeated heinous acts of attacks are crimes against the citizenry and the perpetrators are therefore criminals and must be treated so.” - Sultan/JNI

The part of the report which was skewed for a likely hateful and ethnic propaganda through the MISLEADING headline actually read thus:

“It is indeed absurd and most unfortunate that certain groups or people ascribe the incidence on ethnic and/or religious premise and to whimsically apportion blame in order to batter the gradual restoration of peace and security in Nigeria,” -Sultan/JNI

Finally, they empathised with the victims families and proffered a way forward:

The JNI, which commiserated with the victims of the attack, also called for “concerted introspection and commitment by relevant agencies to take proactive and effective measures in addressing this pernicious problem.”

It is quite unfortunate that while we collectively condemn these attacks and are working hard to synergize and find a lasting solution to this cancer, others are dedicatedly promoting ethno-religious/political propaganda which can only lead to further confusion and destruction.

Cc: Seun, lalasticlala, let this rejoinder get equal exposure in the interest of our national peace, unity and progress.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rejoinder - Sultan CONDEMNED Herdsmen Attacks, Never Absolved Them Of Blame by chocolateme(f): 7:33pm On May 01, 2016
Ok
Re: Rejoinder - Sultan CONDEMNED Herdsmen Attacks, Never Absolved Them Of Blame by TippyTop(m): 7:35pm On May 01, 2016
If it was Vanguard people would see it as sectional but it came from an Hausa paper PremiumTimes owned by Abubakar Aliyu.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/202714-sultan-reacts-benue-enugu-killings-says-blaming-fulani-herdsmen-absurd.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

5 Likes

Re: Rejoinder - Sultan CONDEMNED Herdsmen Attacks, Never Absolved Them Of Blame by fulanmafia: 7:46pm On May 01, 2016
TippyTop:
If it was Vanguard people would see it as sectional but it came from an Hausa paper PremiumTimes owned by Abubakar Aliyu.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/202714-sultan-reacts-benue-enugu-killings-says-blaming-fulani-herdsmen-absurd.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

The corporate credentials of the paper is not the issue here, but the fact the the Sultans condemnation of the herdsmen's attacks was misreported as him absolving the terrorists of blame.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rejoinder - Sultan CONDEMNED Herdsmen Attacks, Never Absolved Them Of Blame by TippyTop(m): 7:56pm On May 01, 2016
fulanmafia:

The corporate credentials of the paper is not the issue here, but the fact the the Sultans condemnation of the herdsmen's attacks was misreported as him absolving the terrorists of blame.
I just had to set the record straight.

I saw it as important to reveal the identity of the owners of Premiumtimes
Trust zombies and nematodes to invade this thread and pour scorn on SS/SE thinking it was reported by some biased southern based newspaper.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rejoinder - Sultan CONDEMNED Herdsmen Attacks, Never Absolved Them Of Blame by fulanmafia: 8:04pm On May 01, 2016
TippyTop:

Trust zombies and nematodes to invade this thread and pour scorn on SS/SE thinking it was reported by some biased southern based newspaper.

If you're only capable of a myopic, fraudulent and regional perspective of this issue, why not watch by the sidelines while others contribute some substance? Better.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rejoinder - Sultan CONDEMNED Herdsmen Attacks, Never Absolved Them Of Blame by TippyTop(m): 8:08pm On May 01, 2016
fulanmafia:

So Premium Times located at Abiodun Sobajo Street, Agidingbi, Ikeja, is a northern based paper?

If your only capable of a myopic, fraudulent and regional perspective, why not watch by the sidelines while others contribute some substance.
He who pays the piper dictates and calls the tune.

Even if it was based in Otuoke but owned by Alhaji Fulani guess who it would still support?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rejoinder - Sultan CONDEMNED Herdsmen Attacks, Never Absolved Them Of Blame by TippyTop(m): 8:12pm On May 01, 2016
Someone is trying to skew narratives here.
This is official Premium Times address:

53, Mambolo Street, Zone 2,

Wuse, Abuja.

If they were based in Lagos how come they have an Hausa version of Premium Times?

5 Likes

Re: Rejoinder - Sultan CONDEMNED Herdsmen Attacks, Never Absolved Them Of Blame by fulanmafia: 8:16pm On May 01, 2016
TippyTop:

He who pays the piper dictates and calls the tune.

Even if it was based in Otuoke but owned by Alhaji Fulani guess who it would still support?

Your infatuation with the messenger in this scenario is just a weak distraction.

The point here is that the wrong message was passed and instead of the healing, unifying effect that the Sultans condemnation and commiseration should have had, the misleading title only lead to further hatred and division.

4 Likes

Re: Rejoinder - Sultan CONDEMNED Herdsmen Attacks, Never Absolved Them Of Blame by HopeAtHand: 8:59pm On May 01, 2016
fulanmafia:

Your infatuation with the messenger in this scenario is just a weak distraction.

The point here is that the wrong message was passed and instead of the healing, unifying effect that the Sultans condemnation and commiseration should have had, the misleading title only lead to further hatred and division.

Since you're a mod and this is your thread, what are the chances of this making FP.

I comment best when i believe it has a destination.
Re: Rejoinder - Sultan CONDEMNED Herdsmen Attacks, Never Absolved Them Of Blame by HopeAtHand: 9:08pm On May 01, 2016
TippyTop:

Please permit me to deflect from the discourse of the thread. Why do Igbos always write SS/SE like we are an item. It is quite unnecessary and makes Igbos come across as desperately seeking SS friendship.

Igbos take a chill. Pls

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rejoinder - Sultan CONDEMNED Herdsmen Attacks, Never Absolved Them Of Blame by Ogbuefi2020: 9:26pm On May 01, 2016
HopeAtHand:

Please permit me to deflect from the discourse of the thread. Why do Igbos always write SS/SE like we are an item. It is quite unnecessary and come Igbos come across as desperately seeking SS friendship.

Igbos take a chill. Pls
This thread is not for kids

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rejoinder - Sultan CONDEMNED Herdsmen Attacks, Never Absolved Them Of Blame by Ogbuefi2020: 9:36pm On May 01, 2016
fulanmafia:

You first alleged the title was twisted for ethnic purposes. You should be apologizing for that hasty allegation instead of this your poor damage control

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rejoinder - Sultan CONDEMNED Herdsmen Attacks, Never Absolved Them Of Blame by TippyTop(m): 9:49pm On May 01, 2016
HopeAtHand:

Please permit me to deflect from the discourse of the thread. Why do Igbos always write SS/SE like we are an item. It is quite unnecessary and come Igbos come across as desperately seeking SS friendship.

Igbos take a chill. Pls

Eh! Mr man I am probably more SS than you, both my parents are Edo born and bred. I have no reason to claim any tribe than my own.
You've just made yourself a laughing stock by assuming every one against northern oligarchy is from the East.
Run along little man.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rejoinder - Sultan CONDEMNED Herdsmen Attacks, Never Absolved Them Of Blame by otukpo(f): 10:09pm On May 01, 2016
The Sultan is someone i respect and thus do not expect any mis-yarning from him.

1 Like

Re: Rejoinder - Sultan CONDEMNED Herdsmen Attacks, Never Absolved Them Of Blame by Nobody: 10:19pm On May 01, 2016
TippyTop:

Eh! Mr man I am probably more SS than you, both my parents are Edo born and bred. I have no reason to claim any tribe than my own.
You've just made yourself a laughing stock by assuming every one against northern oligarchy is from the East.
Run along little man.
Epic reply

9 Likes

Re: Rejoinder - Sultan CONDEMNED Herdsmen Attacks, Never Absolved Them Of Blame by Nobody: 10:20pm On May 01, 2016
HopeAtHand:

Igbos take a chill. Pls
I hope u saw his reply "little mind"

2 Likes

Re: Rejoinder - Sultan CONDEMNED Herdsmen Attacks, Never Absolved Them Of Blame by fulanmafia: 10:26pm On May 01, 2016
Ogbuefi2020:

You first alleged the title was twisted for ethnic purposes. You should be apologizing for that hasty allegation instead of this your poor damage control

My refusal to dwell on that aspect does not eliminate the likelihood.
Re: Rejoinder - Sultan CONDEMNED Herdsmen Attacks, Never Absolved Them Of Blame by Ogbuefi2020: 11:43pm On May 01, 2016
fulanmafia:

My refusal to dwell on that aspect does not eliminate the likelihood.
That is because the likelihood crashed with the revelation of the owners of the media house that reported it. Like I said a simple apology will do. You are the tribalist here

2 Likes

Re: Rejoinder - Sultan CONDEMNED Herdsmen Attacks, Never Absolved Them Of Blame by Candyrain(m): 1:40am On May 02, 2016
TippyTop:

Run along little man.

Hahahaha... I love this. Nice one

Hopeathand, he called u little man, are u? I'm sure u must be so ashamed of ur little self now. Lolzzz

6 Likes

Re: Rejoinder - Sultan CONDEMNED Herdsmen Attacks, Never Absolved Them Of Blame by nwala85: 1:49am On May 02, 2016
okay, we are watching

1 Like

Re: Rejoinder - Sultan CONDEMNED Herdsmen Attacks, Never Absolved Them Of Blame by HopeAtHand: 11:02am On May 02, 2016
TippyTop:

Run along little man.

@bolded, Very good of you to realise you're only assuming things. I'm 110% IKWERRE, so i usually speak for IKWERRES.

Same rule applies to you Edo SSoutherner. Please and please, refrain from saying we SS, because the SS is way too diverse for Edosians to make/takr decisions for everyone. Always say your tribe because that is what you represent.

Im done with you.

3 Likes

Re: Rejoinder - Sultan CONDEMNED Herdsmen Attacks, Never Absolved Them Of Blame by Ojiofor: 11:26am On May 02, 2016
HopeAtHand:

@bolded, Very good of you to realise you're only assuming things. I'm 110% IKWERRE, so i usually speak for IKWERRES.

Same rule applies to you Edo SSoutherner. Please and please, refrain from saying we SS, because the SS is way too diverse for Edosians to make/takr decisions for everyone. Always say your tribe because that is what you represent.

Im done with you.
You speak for nobody but yourself only.

1 Like

Re: Rejoinder - Sultan CONDEMNED Herdsmen Attacks, Never Absolved Them Of Blame by HopeAtHand: 12:19pm On May 02, 2016
Ojiofor:

You speak for nobody but yourself only.

While you might be right in your assertion but it is a lot better to say i speak for my ethnic group than when someone says we SS. It is very inappropriate.

2 Likes

Re: Rejoinder - Sultan CONDEMNED Herdsmen Attacks, Never Absolved Them Of Blame by Ojiofor: 12:39pm On May 02, 2016
HopeAtHand:

While you might be right in your assertion but it is a lot better to say i speak for my ethnic group than when someone says we SS. It is very inappropriate.
In this case 'better' isn't good enough just speak for yourself next time.
Re: Rejoinder - Sultan CONDEMNED Herdsmen Attacks, Never Absolved Them Of Blame by HopeAtHand: 6:19pm On May 02, 2016
Ojiofor:

In this case 'better' isn't good enough just speak for yourself next time.

Direct your advice to those who are in the habit of saying "we SS/SE".

1 Like

Re: Rejoinder - Sultan CONDEMNED Herdsmen Attacks, Never Absolved Them Of Blame by blackmatter007: 6:39pm On May 02, 2016
HopeAtHand:

Hypocrite!!!

1 Like

Re: Rejoinder - Sultan CONDEMNED Herdsmen Attacks, Never Absolved Them Of Blame by Ogbuefi2020: 6:44pm On May 02, 2016
HopeAtHand:

Lets meet at the appropriate thread kid. Stop contradicting yourself. There cannot be "we SS" if there should not be "we SE/SS
Re: Rejoinder - Sultan CONDEMNED Herdsmen Attacks, Never Absolved Them Of Blame by Scholes007(m): 8:08pm On May 02, 2016
HopeAtHand:

pointing reckless finger... Why are you in the habit of saying SS?
Re: Rejoinder - Sultan CONDEMNED Herdsmen Attacks, Never Absolved Them Of Blame by AustineE1: 9:36pm On May 02, 2016
Op! In your effort to play the role of a janitor for the Fulani sultan,who made a statement unbecoming of the northern oligarchy,you also ended up showing your evil insensitivity to the feelings of others.
I thought that in your effort to do damage control for your Fulani sultan,you wld ve started by apologising to Nairalanders on behalf of the Fulani race,however you failed to do so.
Meanwhile your Sultan in the statement i read,said it categorically that those who have been maiming Nigerians are criminals but they shouldnt be refered to as Fulani herdsmen....pls if i may ask,who do we refer them as? Are they the Nigerian Fulanis? or like Wole Soyinka asked,are they the Fulanis from Futa Jalon?your guess is as good as mine. This was how the north defended boko haram not until the beast was unleashed on them....'not to have a sense of history,is to remain a child forever'.

(1) (Reply)

/ Rescued Chibok Girl Was Never Kidnapped - (photo Evidence) / Woman Lives With Her Dead Husband’s Ghost For 4 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.