Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,881 members, 7,802,847 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:11 PM

Freeman David, A Nairalander Is Dead! - Family (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Freeman David, A Nairalander Is Dead! (88766 Views)

One Year On : Remembering The Footprints Of A Nairalander - Freeman David / A Tribute To Freeman David / Freeman David Remilekun, Are You Really Gone??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Freeman David, A Nairalander Is Dead! by Fynestboi: 10:33am On May 02, 2016
Aristotle in his famous saying puts it that 'BEING QUA BEING' meaning Being is being or Being for being. Also the Great existentialist, Martin Heidegger said Being is a thing into death, meaning existence of a being is also a movement towards it's death therefore Being is nothing.

Going from the authorities above, Being is a metaphysical entity that moves in a vicious circle of empty and void purpose. Being is what most see as the essence of existence but this is wrong. I see being in the same light Heidegger sees it. As something that is nothing, that is continually moving towards emptiness.

Since being doesn't have essence on it's own with other things defining him, then Being is JUST nothing. For example, if a child is born today, that child is still a being but what begins to define his beingness is essence and what are these essence? The name he will be given,the language and culture he will learn to give him an identity, the educational line he will toll to make him know things because he came to the world not knowing. So being is actually nothing until these things starts defining him which is the essence. And as the Existentialists will put it "existence precede essence"
This means that for a being to be important, he must exist first before having essence, that he cannot have essence without existing. So the main attribute of a Being is that it must exist. A wood is a being according to my postulation. Humans are beings, cars are beings. All of these are beings because they exist in reality and they all have no purpose without essence, something to give it meaning.

The difference between Humans and Trees or cars under the concept of Beingness, is what Existentialists categorize as Being and being (big Being and small being). This is a discourse for Other day grin

Cc fynestboi

I still find it hard to believe.

He wrote the above quote, on Philosophy thread.

*not happy.*
Re: Freeman David, A Nairalander Is Dead! by Nobody: 10:42am On May 02, 2016
R.I.P #Freeman we don't know when we will breath our last or who's last day it is. Do your best and leave the rest
Re: Freeman David, A Nairalander Is Dead! by Janelle07(f): 10:45am On May 02, 2016
RIP David till we meet to part no more.
Re: Freeman David, A Nairalander Is Dead! by abdullkabar(m): 10:45am On May 02, 2016
With a heavy heart cry
Re: Freeman David, A Nairalander Is Dead! by sewcool: 10:48am On May 02, 2016
dasphinx1:
Oh God!!!! Same type of death that happened to my dad cry ...... RIP bro cry
So sorry my dear *hugs*
Re: Freeman David, A Nairalander Is Dead! by Nobody: 10:54am On May 02, 2016
RIP
Re: Freeman David, A Nairalander Is Dead! by Chuckdee(m): 11:03am On May 02, 2016
What a great loose!... My heartfelt condolences to his family. R.I.P brother.
Re: Freeman David, A Nairalander Is Dead! by buchi16(f): 11:04am On May 02, 2016
freeman the philosopher he was my dept mate in skul though a year higher...a political philosopher...wen he speaks it has philosophy written all over it ..death has snatched u away frm us..MAY UR GENTLE SOUL REST IN PERFECT PEACE
Re: Freeman David, A Nairalander Is Dead! by sewcool: 11:05am On May 02, 2016
Mayflowa:

Jeezz! What kind of bath? The one with bath basin or standing shower?

I personally told my mum that the day she will bath in a bath basin in my sister's house, she wud become my adversary that day because I saw her did once.

She has never gone against the rule. I was so strict about it because I did fall in an hotel bath. As muscular as I was, I couldnt support myself and had headache for one month. I dont do bath basin ever since!
What caused your fall please?
Re: Freeman David, A Nairalander Is Dead! by Jerrymax01(m): 11:07am On May 02, 2016
I still can't believe his exit from the face of the earth, even when I did confirmed the sad news myself, heard about his demise yesterday, from a fellow ex-corper that we all served together in the same PPA together with Freeman David. I was so dumbfounded, because that was the saddest news have ever heard in my life! Such a cool, vibrant, brilliant, brave, educator, Philosopher, comedian and enactor of peace has falling and departed this wicked world, remembered the good times we spent together, pictures we took together when we both traveled to conduct election all the way from Yenagoa to Akasa in Brass local govt of Bayelsa state, the good time we spent together in CESS Opolo Corpers Lodge and the pictures we took together on your Pop party, which you sat by my side and I asked you, "David are you not gonna drink anything? and you said all you wanted was water, such a disciplined gentle guy" . He was loved by everyone in the lodge and calls everyone boss, such a humble being, I remembered I told him to stop calling me boss, the last time we chatted on bbm, your dream of becoming one of the topmost ranked officer in the Nigeria army is gone as well. David I will forever remember your words of encouragement and motivation, adieu bro till we meet to part no more.

2 Likes

Re: Freeman David, A Nairalander Is Dead! by anumide(f): 11:07am On May 02, 2016
BlissB I understand that you don't want to dishonor the dead, but please tell me he didn't commit suicide so that I can stop this noise in my head.
Adieu David
cry

1 Like

Re: Freeman David, A Nairalander Is Dead! by carinmom(f): 11:11am On May 02, 2016
RIP Freemanan cry
Re: Freeman David, A Nairalander Is Dead! by Vivalavida99(f): 11:12am On May 02, 2016
Rip Freeman.

May God grant you eternal rest.
Re: Freeman David, A Nairalander Is Dead! by carinmom(f): 11:14am On May 02, 2016
Jerrymax01:
I still can't believe his exit from the face of the earth, even when I did confirmed the sad news myself, heard about his demise yesterday, from a fellow ex-corper that we all served together in the same PPA together with Freeman David. I was so dumbfounded, because that was the saddest news have ever heard in my life! Such a cool, vibrant, brilliant, brave, educator, Philosopher, comedian and enactor of peace has falling and departed this wicked world, remembered the good times we spent together, pictures we took together when we both traveled to conduct election all the way from Yenagoa to Akasa in Brass local govt of Bayelsa state, the good time we spent together in CESS Opolo Corpers Lodge and the pictures we took together on your Pop party, which you sat by my side and I asked you, "David are you not gonna drink anything? and you said all you wanted was water, such a disciplined gentle guy" . He was loved by everyone in the lodge and calls everyone boss, such a humble being, I remembered I told him to stop calling me boss, the last time we chatted on bbm, your dream of becoming one of the topmost ranked officer in the Nigeria army is gone as well. David I will forever remember your words of encouragement and motivation, adieu bro till we meet to part no more.

My condolence to you, may his soul RIP.

1 Like

Re: Freeman David, A Nairalander Is Dead! by femibabalola(m): 11:21am On May 02, 2016
May his gentle soul rest in peace
Re: Freeman David, A Nairalander Is Dead! by WalkerMichael(m): 11:22am On May 02, 2016
FAREWELL FREEMAN. MAY YOUR SOUL REST IN PERFECT PEACE. AMEN
Re: Freeman David, A Nairalander Is Dead! by sewcool: 11:22am On May 02, 2016
herald9:
He just slip.. Fell.. And died?

Shiit! Why are we born in the first place if this is how we gonna go? sad
Aren't you happy that you are born?
To enjoy sights, sounds, sea, breeze, air etc etc?
You were born to solve a particular world problem or leave the earth a better place than you met it.
To love even those who do not deserve it, or appreciate you for it, or repay you for it.
If you donot repent and go back to your Maker to find out what that purpose of your life is, life may always seem menaingless.
Re: Freeman David, A Nairalander Is Dead! by vicadon: 11:23am On May 02, 2016
Rip Freeman
Re: Freeman David, A Nairalander Is Dead! by sewcool: 11:26am On May 02, 2016
iamgiggssleaky:
on the 2nd of Dec 2009, I also slipped and fell in the bathroom.. it was horrible. I hit my head so bad the skin around my lashes got split into two even a part of the tile cracked .. I lost blood and was rushed for stitching immediately. I thank God I'm alive to give this testimony. RIP bro. God knows best
What caused your fall please?
I'm so glad you survived.
Slashed eyelids?? What a miracle.
Re: Freeman David, A Nairalander Is Dead! by jeniro(m): 11:30am On May 02, 2016
rip mate..... u were indeed an inspiration..... I remember checking most comments for jst ur reply....Wat an icon!!!!
Re: Freeman David, A Nairalander Is Dead! by D9ty7(m): 11:36am On May 02, 2016
RIP man
Re: Freeman David, A Nairalander Is Dead! by sewcool: 11:37am On May 02, 2016
sunky2sweet:
Even after death so much love shown to you. I ask myself questions like How come they call it goodbye? How come the good die? Rest on my brother.
Good bye because the person is loved.
Not only the good die but the bad also. It is the way of the whole earthsmiley

1 Like

Re: Freeman David, A Nairalander Is Dead! by Imagecraft(m): 11:39am On May 02, 2016
Rest in peace bro
Re: Freeman David, A Nairalander Is Dead! by Tadeus(m): 11:41am On May 02, 2016
RIP broda. May your gentle soul rest in perfect peace. Amen
Re: Freeman David, A Nairalander Is Dead! by shearer1982(m): 11:41am On May 02, 2016
My thoughts N prayer are with the family....indeed you are free from this earthly hustling R.I.P.!
Re: Freeman David, A Nairalander Is Dead! by lalasticlala(m): 11:41am On May 02, 2016
fratermathy:

That's me!

Yes. Was trying to recall ur moniker. Accept My condolence

1 Like

Re: Freeman David, A Nairalander Is Dead! by sewcool: 11:44am On May 02, 2016
Re: Freeman David, A Nairalander Is Dead! by osesology(m): 11:50am On May 02, 2016
May his soul Rest In Peace!
Re: Freeman David, A Nairalander Is Dead! by elmoore676(m): 11:50am On May 02, 2016
Oh rest in peace bro
Re: Freeman David, A Nairalander Is Dead! by elmoore676(m): 11:50am On May 02, 2016
May your gentle soul rest in perfect peace
Re: Freeman David, A Nairalander Is Dead! by sewcool: 11:51am On May 02, 2016
Vivipop:
Please o, i hope this is not what i'm thinking? Buchi of UNN left us all heart broken and with unanswered questions with his philosophical brouhaha. Please not again, **crying**
Suicide? undecided
Re: Freeman David, A Nairalander Is Dead! by aalangel(f): 11:51am On May 02, 2016
ukjerry:

OH Lord, I hope it's not what I'm thinking?? Y? but he was online that day. and judging by d time of death, His last post was few hours before.... .............

Please what's his moniker?

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply)

I Cheated On My Husband With A Guy From Work And I Don't Know What To Do. / What's Your Favourite Nickname For Your Mom? / Wall Gecko Wipes Out Family Of Six In Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.