Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,365 members, 7,800,735 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:32 AM

Budget 2016: Panel To Submit Report To Buhari Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Budget 2016: Panel To Submit Report To Buhari Today (10345 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Visits President Buhari Today At The Abuja House, London (photos) / Arms Panel Prepares To Submit Report; Dambazau, Ihejirika, Indicted / Buhari Said This While Signing Budget 2016 & What A Senator Said Abt It(pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Budget 2016: Panel To Submit Report To Buhari Today by modath(f): 6:30am On May 02, 2016

President Muhammadu Buhari is expected to receive a clean copy of the budget details today, ending weeks of stand off with the legislators. Buhari submitted budget bill to the National Assembly in December but he withheld assent when the legislators introduced many changes to it.

The budget went back and forth until last week when the presidency and the legislators set up a joint committee headed by Deputy Speaker Yusuf Lasun Suleimon to resolve the impasse. Minister of Budget and National Planning Udoma Udo Udoma represented the presidency on the committee.Sources in the committee said the grey areas had been trashed out.

A member of the committee told Daily Trust last night that the document would be submitted   to President Buhari today.“We’ve done our work already. All that we’re now doing is finishing touches in order to ensure that there’s no single mistake in the document to be submitted to the president,” the source said.

The source added that after the submission, it was likely that  Buhari would sign the budget immediately.

Both the Senate Leader Ali Ndume and Senior Special Assistant to the President on National Assembly (Senate), Senator Ita Enang confirmed to Daily Trust   yesterday that the committee was through with its assignment. Speaking on the assignment, Senator Ndume said:   “ We are done with our assignment, we gave ourselves the deadline of  last Friday and by then we were through but we are meeting tomorrow(today) to finalise our work on the budget.  If we finish, we will submit it to the president immediately for his assent.” 
Asked on the grey areas, he said: “I’ll agree we have areas of disagreement and we have looked and ironed out the areas. We have also looked at critical areas. We are working tirelessly in order to get it done.
“We are meeting tomorrow (Today) to reconsider grey areas, if we finish, we will then take it to the president for him to assent it.”

Contacted, the Senior Special Assistant to the President on National Assembly (Senate), Senator Ita Enang  said the committee members were almost through with their assignment. “They are almost concluding, they are doing a very good work and they dedicated all their time to it. In the next few hours, they will finish. I don’t know the exact time that they will submit their report, all I know is that they have gone very far in their assignment,” he said.

The contentious areas include removal of the Lagos-Calabar rail project from the budget and inclusion of N40bn projects in Ministry of Works, 386 projects in the ministry of Agriculture, among others, by the National Assembly.

The budget Highlights are: 

*The construction of 7,068 housing units in the six geo-political zones and Abuja at N44.5 billion.

*The rehabilitation of Lagos-Ibadan road - N50 billion.

*The Kano-Maiduguri road (Section I-V) - N16 billion.

*Lagos-Calabar rail way line project - N60 billion.

*The concession of 2nd Niger Bridge in Anambra and Delta states - N17 billion.

*Modernisation of Lagos-Kano standard gauge rail line project N52.7billion.

*The completion of Abuja (Idu)- Kaduna 186.5KM single tract rail line N18.2 billion.

*Social welfare scheme - N500 billion.
The record N2 trillion capital vote is expected to reflate the economy, create jobs and reduce unemployment.

l

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/budget-panel-submits-report-to-buhari-today/144897.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget 2016: Panel To Submit Report To Buhari Today by modath(f): 6:31am On May 02, 2016
All ye whose life long assignment is to bleat in pain like goats in advanced stages of labour and tethered to a trees, una pain go soon increase exponentially...

Cal-Lag rail line & 2nd NB not only made it back, the almighty NASS yall were banking on to put the Kunu Sipping D in "his place or even impeach him if need br" got served instead!!!!

P.S Now, Y'all will have to find another narrative to predicate the "Bubu HATES us" crap on , this ship has sailed & it's gonna berth in "The Promised Land".....

Nothing sweet me pass when Amaechi said the rail will pass through otuoke.. grin

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Budget 2016: Panel To Submit Report To Buhari Today by 9jii(m): 6:32am On May 02, 2016
Ok

1 Like

Re: Budget 2016: Panel To Submit Report To Buhari Today by Nobody: 6:32am On May 02, 2016
Hoping So o undecided undecided undecided
Re: Budget 2016: Panel To Submit Report To Buhari Today by SeverusSnape(m): 6:34am On May 02, 2016
Budget of "change" according to zombies. grin

7 Likes

Re: Budget 2016: Panel To Submit Report To Buhari Today by TPAND(f): 6:38am On May 02, 2016
Nigerians are dying, the economy is getting tougher and tougher and directionless by the day, Buhari sign this heck of a budget.

6 Likes

Re: Budget 2016: Panel To Submit Report To Buhari Today by 989900: 6:39am On May 02, 2016
Social welfare scheme is an ill-thought-out project @ 500billion Naira = avenue for malfeasance.

LA-IB @N50B?

I'm loving the rest!!!

Keen to see Aso villa's budget.

3 Likes

Re: Budget 2016: Panel To Submit Report To Buhari Today by modath(f): 6:41am On May 02, 2016
TPAND:
Nigerians are dying, the economy is getting tougher and tougher by the day, Buhari sign this heck of budget.

Seems tribal induced Myopia blocked your vision and you couldn't see this part.... Even if you were in a vegetative coma & weren't aware of events leading up to this, pragmatism would have impressed upon you that it was suicidal & untenable to ignore capital & progressive projects & have in its place grinders, keke marwa, hair styling equipments etc..

One is only human by expecting occassional flash of logic from your sort, but it's now apparent it's like spooning water into a raffia basket.. "Exercise in futility" SMH.. undecided

The budget went back and forth until last week when the presidency and the legislators set up a joint committee headed by Deputy Speaker Yusuf Lasun Suleimon to resolve the impasse.

18 Likes

Re: Budget 2016: Panel To Submit Report To Buhari Today by IrradiatoR: 6:43am On May 02, 2016
They should get done with this and let implementation begin asap!!!

1 Like

Re: Budget 2016: Panel To Submit Report To Buhari Today by Sirmuel1(m): 6:44am On May 02, 2016
Keep am, no submit am grin
Stupid people

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget 2016: Panel To Submit Report To Buhari Today by Nobody: 6:49am On May 02, 2016
This doc is very crucial at this critical time. FG shd look into it asap.

1 Like

Re: Budget 2016: Panel To Submit Report To Buhari Today by LoveMachine(m): 6:50am On May 02, 2016
TIME SOON COME O!
Re: Budget 2016: Panel To Submit Report To Buhari Today by Lordxeer(m): 6:50am On May 02, 2016
Time
Re: Budget 2016: Panel To Submit Report To Buhari Today by omowolewa: 6:50am On May 02, 2016
Over to the civil servants to implement and our NASS to oversight.
Re: Budget 2016: Panel To Submit Report To Buhari Today by ORACLE1975(m): 6:51am On May 02, 2016
For what
Re: Budget 2016: Panel To Submit Report To Buhari Today by BeardedMeat(m): 6:54am On May 02, 2016
Who warned these evilmen of the impending doom coming down on their heads!

They should have continued playing their politics of self interest with the budget, while the gullible masses that voted for them keep gnashing their teeth in abject poverty! Evil men!

1 Like

Re: Budget 2016: Panel To Submit Report To Buhari Today by omogin(f): 6:54am On May 02, 2016
They have returned all buharis yams to the budget. All hail apc. The corrupt anti corruption fighter

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget 2016: Panel To Submit Report To Buhari Today by amaechi1: 6:56am On May 02, 2016
SeverusSnape:
Budget of "change" according to zombies. grin

It only an empty man will never see anything good in another man's life. I will advice you you come out from your ocean of bitterness and face reality. Also, remember your mentor spent his worker day holiday in Kuje.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget 2016: Panel To Submit Report To Buhari Today by Jesusloveyou: 7:01am On May 02, 2016
989900:
Social welfare scheme is an ill-thought-out project @ 500billion Naira = avenue for malfeasance.

LA-IB @N50B?

I'm loving the rest!!!

yes, this lagos-ibadan road is another grey area that should be reduce by 50 percent,
Re: Budget 2016: Panel To Submit Report To Buhari Today by SeverusSnape(m): 7:05am On May 02, 2016
amaechi1:

It only an empty man will never see anything good in another man's life. I will advice you you come out from your ocean of bitterness and face reality. Also, remember your mentor spent his worker day holiday in Kuje.
Please what is this amaechi wannabe saying??.. grin

Swerve joor.

1 Like

Re: Budget 2016: Panel To Submit Report To Buhari Today by Nobody: 7:08am On May 02, 2016
I hope this will mark the end of the controversies that have trailed the budget since it was submitted to the National Assembly. The executive must ensure adequate implementation of the budget to show to Nigerians that the budget is worth the wait. I only pray there won't arise another reason not to sign it. So much is hinged on that budget and the earlier it is signed the better for all of us.

2 Likes

Re: Budget 2016: Panel To Submit Report To Buhari Today by Nobody: 7:26am On May 02, 2016
Amazing

1 Like

Re: Budget 2016: Panel To Submit Report To Buhari Today by Taeewo(m): 7:27am On May 02, 2016
Good
Re: Budget 2016: Panel To Submit Report To Buhari Today by Danmas: 7:53am On May 02, 2016
Great. finally the Calaba-Lagos rail that will pass 2ru daura would take off…

1 Like

Re: Budget 2016: Panel To Submit Report To Buhari Today by Ijaya123: 7:56am On May 02, 2016
TPAND:
Nigerians are dying, the economy is getting tougher and tougher and directionless by the day, Buhari sign this heck of a budget.

How many in your family have died due to tough economy?

Meanwhile, that's a good move. Hopefully the budget would be signed this week.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget 2016: Panel To Submit Report To Buhari Today by modath(f): 8:04am On May 02, 2016
bejeiodus:
I hope this will mark the end of the controversies that have trailed the budget since it was submitted to the National Assembly. The executive must ensure adequate implementation of the budget to show to Nigerians that the budget is worth the wait. I only pray there won't arise another reason not to sign it. So much is hinged on that budget and the earlier it is signed the better for all of us.

If nobody hacked your account & this is truly from you, I'll say Bravo!! , This is commonsense approach to opposition , proper checks & balance......

Wonder why do you dem tinz you do if you can exhibit logic laik dis.. smiley

5 Likes

Re: Budget 2016: Panel To Submit Report To Buhari Today by onatisi(m): 8:26am On May 02, 2016
Nigerians are in for a great shocker but one thing I am happy about is that by the end of this government tenure,Nigerians will realize that the present system of democracy we are practicing can never produce a credible honest leader or crop of leaders. Another political party will emerge that will campaign on the promise of nation restructuring . The bitter truth is the present leadership in Nigeria today from governors ,senators to the president have nothing to offer Nigerians.
Re: Budget 2016: Panel To Submit Report To Buhari Today by juman(m): 8:29am On May 02, 2016
The budget implementation would be between twenty percent and thirty percent implementation.

Cannot be more than that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget 2016: Panel To Submit Report To Buhari Today by onatisi(m): 8:34am On May 02, 2016
juman:
The budget implementation would be between twenty percent and thirty percent implementation.
Cannot be more than that.
Thank you. You are a very wise man
That is why I said Nigerians are in for a shocker,I cant Wait for September or October when this government comes up with more excuses for not implementing the budget fully .

2 Likes

Re: Budget 2016: Panel To Submit Report To Buhari Today by Femich18(m): 8:34am On May 02, 2016
ok..make them submit correct budget o...if them like make them go comot smtin again. I trust PMB he will be thorough with it
Re: Budget 2016: Panel To Submit Report To Buhari Today by asha80(m): 8:34am On May 02, 2016
989900:

LA-IB @N50B?

I'm loving the rest!!!

Jesusloveyou:
yes, this lagos-ibadan road is another grey area that should be reduce by 50 percent,
any reasons why two of you feel lag Ibadan rd project cost should be reduced?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

House Of Representatives Investigates Non-payment Of Salaries In Kogi / Yoruba Women Praise Igbo Men On TV And Finish Yoruba Men / 2023: Buhari Didn’t Ask Emefiele To Resign — Presidency Source

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.