Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,246 members, 7,807,834 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:18 PM

Ayade Pays May Salary On First Day Of The Month - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ayade Pays May Salary On First Day Of The Month (38235 Views)

Governor Ayade Pays December Salary / Cross River State Governor Shocks Workers, Pays May Salary. / FG Fulfils Promise Starts Paying Salary On 25th! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ayade Pays May Salary On First Day Of The Month by Ekiti360(m): 9:13am On May 02, 2016

Cross River State Governor Ben Ayade stunned workers on the 1st of May, Workers Day, when he announced the payment of salaries for the month of May on the first day of the month.A mild drama immediately ensued when the workers who were at the U.J. Esuene Stadium for the May Day celebration began to receive salary payment alert from their various banks.

Unable to contain their excitement, the workers shouted “alert, alert”.

The workers praised the governor. Before now, the governor had paid salaries between the 13th and 20th day of each month.Governor Ayade told the workers, who named him the “Best Labour Friendly Governor in Nigeria”, that his administration had a duty to give workers a sense of dignity.

“We must create opportunities for labour to feel a sense of dignity. If you are truly a Christian, you must know that as you care for your kids, you must care for labour,” he stated.

Another good news is that workers in the Edo State civil and public got cheering news during the May Day celebration as their salaries were increased.

Workers’ salaries were increased by 45 percent. The minimum wage is now N25,000.

The workers, especially members of the Nigeria Union of Local Government Employees who were in pensive mood at the beginning of the rally, danced and sang praises of Governor Adams Oshiomhole.

http://www.ekitionline.com.ng/governor-shocks-workers-pays-may-salary-first-day-month/

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ayade Pays May Salary On First Day Of The Month by solpat(m): 9:21am On May 02, 2016
This people are in for a long month. Salaries for the month paid on the 1st day of the month Haba. Hope he pays another one by 30thgrin

Modified: FTC on point. I dedicate this to my wonderful family and to all legit hustlers in the house. Its Our Year of From Glory to Glory. We must make it in Jesus name.

118 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ayade Pays May Salary On First Day Of The Month by doublewisdom: 9:24am On May 02, 2016
Nigerian politicians are clowns each trying to outdo the other in stup.idity!

97 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ayade Pays May Salary On First Day Of The Month by donbenedict(m): 9:30am On May 02, 2016
Dem no go come work be dat o

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayade Pays May Salary On First Day Of The Month by Lordster: 12:02pm On May 02, 2016
I on get alert nah God win
Re: Ayade Pays May Salary On First Day Of The Month by mrlaw93(m): 12:02pm On May 02, 2016
This is no good news to any reasonable fella.. We gat april payment just last wk.

13 Likes

Re: Ayade Pays May Salary On First Day Of The Month by OBTMOS(m): 12:02pm On May 02, 2016
Stunting like their ancestor-buhari

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ayade Pays May Salary On First Day Of The Month by TrollTrap: 12:02pm On May 02, 2016
I commend him for at least paying the salaries and increasing the minimum wage.... But why pay someone on the first day of the month

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayade Pays May Salary On First Day Of The Month by Nobody: 12:02pm On May 02, 2016
meanwhile aregbosola or whatever is busy giving clumsy excuses

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ayade Pays May Salary On First Day Of The Month by Kimoni: 12:02pm On May 02, 2016
Na trap oo

2 Likes

Re: Ayade Pays May Salary On First Day Of The Month by Zico5(m): 12:02pm On May 02, 2016
That is good if it is not a political taunt. Many of them act well during first tenure and become invisible and desperate when they get the second. Whatever, it is a good gesture.

1 Like

Re: Ayade Pays May Salary On First Day Of The Month by davide470(m): 12:03pm On May 02, 2016
Well, it's a good feat.

First of its kind.

#JointheIvyyLeague... Vote Ivyy for Miss Nairaland.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ayade Pays May Salary On First Day Of The Month by MSItachi: 12:03pm On May 02, 2016
So you now pay people before they do their job?

Or they have to wait 2 months to get the next salary !!! undecided

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayade Pays May Salary On First Day Of The Month by Ifeconwaba(m): 12:03pm On May 02, 2016
nice
Re: Ayade Pays May Salary On First Day Of The Month by raker300: 12:03pm On May 02, 2016
Great news

But shouldn't we be way past this in Nigeria by now? I mean doesn't celebrating this as an achievement seem mediocre? The dude got paid for doing his job, not like they're dashing out the money

I guess being mediocre is the Nigerian way

5 Likes

Re: Ayade Pays May Salary On First Day Of The Month by Mavrick2012: 12:04pm On May 02, 2016
nice one,but the workers should equally remember that the next pay will come in almost 2 MONTHS TIME.lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ayade Pays May Salary On First Day Of The Month by ibroh22(m): 12:04pm On May 02, 2016
just passing by
Re: Ayade Pays May Salary On First Day Of The Month by GuyfawkesAB(m): 12:04pm On May 02, 2016
Why are the workers happy?

Their next pay will be in the next 50 days or thereabouts. They don't know what this will put them into, except they manage their money well

11 Likes

Re: Ayade Pays May Salary On First Day Of The Month by Nobody: 12:04pm On May 02, 2016
Stupi.dity...
Re: Ayade Pays May Salary On First Day Of The Month by cosmatika(m): 12:04pm On May 02, 2016
While my own gov, Ikpeazu has nt paid me, a medical Dr & other workers in Abia since March. Hw do I discharge my duties well wit Hunger & dis fuel palava in d land? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Ayade Pays May Salary On First Day Of The Month by jnrbayano(m): 12:04pm On May 02, 2016
Celebrate this to your own peril.

5 Likes

Re: Ayade Pays May Salary On First Day Of The Month by banmee(m): 12:04pm On May 02, 2016
Alert! Alert! Nigerians are celebrating their right. They are celebrating what they worked for. They are celebrating what should be normal. What a weird country.
Re: Ayade Pays May Salary On First Day Of The Month by Taeewo(m): 12:04pm On May 02, 2016
Alert
Re: Ayade Pays May Salary On First Day Of The Month by peabody: 12:05pm On May 02, 2016
Not cool though. From now till ending of may when they will receive the next one no be here o.
Re: Ayade Pays May Salary On First Day Of The Month by Mannylex(m): 12:05pm On May 02, 2016
Lolz. So what happens when the month ends ? This is a shortlived joy.
Re: Ayade Pays May Salary On First Day Of The Month by ucheudo1: 12:05pm On May 02, 2016
Dropping my latest love single Titled Remember soon
Stay tuned it's gonna be dope
I won't disappoint you guys........

It's still your guy "PATO"
Re: Ayade Pays May Salary On First Day Of The Month by mistabiola: 12:05pm On May 02, 2016
and so?
Re: Ayade Pays May Salary On First Day Of The Month by Nobody: 12:06pm On May 02, 2016
Shoki governor doing shoki things
Re: Ayade Pays May Salary On First Day Of The Month by AnanseK(m): 12:06pm On May 02, 2016
That's pay before service. I hope they will do the work.
Re: Ayade Pays May Salary On First Day Of The Month by ricsman(m): 12:07pm On May 02, 2016
thats good. but person like me will not touch that money till I've worked for it...end of May things.

o don't like those guys in FP comment..... It's workers day.... anything for the worker is welcomed.... by the way he has being paying salary from 13th..... so he can as well pay June salary on the 2nd week.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"The Other Room" Trends On Twitter. Nse Ikpe Etim Joins / Timipre Sylva's Convoy Obeying Traffic Light As He Arrives Yenagoa (Photos) / Avengers Bomb NNPC And Chevron Pipelines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.