Stats: 3,148,720 members, 7,802,174 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:26 AM

Tell Us How You Got Into Higher Instituition - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Tell Us How You Got Into Higher Instituition (1189 Views)

Secrets Of Having Competitive Egde In Securing Admission Into Higher Institution / IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. / Change Of Instituition,please Help! (2) (3) (4)

Tell Us How You Got Into Higher Instituition by infogenius(m): 9:05pm On Aug 10, 2009
Hi Forumites,

I am a little bothered that despite how easy it is to gain admission into higher institution of learning these days. Many candidates that apply for these institutions do not get admitted even into their local Universities.
Why is it so?

Any way I am a graduate, but frankly speaking it was not easier getting admission in the 90s as it is now.
How did I get admission? You may ask me.
My getting admission then was a function of knowing exactly the right person and using my ability to get  what I wanted.
Simply put, I used what I had to secure admission.

Tell us how you got your own admission in your own time.

Cheers
Re: Tell Us How You Got Into Higher Instituition by okusaga: 10:59pm On Aug 10, 2009
By Hook and crook,
it wasnt easy but we thank God ,,,
Re: Tell Us How You Got Into Higher Instituition by infogenius(m): 7:37pm On Aug 11, 2009
okusaga:

By Hook and crook,
it wasnt easy but we thank God ,,,

Ha ha ha! By Hook and crook? Real thanks to Jah,But let us know how you did it.
Re: Tell Us How You Got Into Higher Instituition by pongwa(m): 8:55pm On Aug 11, 2009
i entered the way it should be entered, writ and pass the exams in flyin colours and the cache was God
Re: Tell Us How You Got Into Higher Instituition by Dclique(m): 9:18pm On Aug 11, 2009
I knew some1,who knew som1,that knows som1,
Re: Tell Us How You Got Into Higher Instituition by C2H5OH(f): 9:21pm On Aug 11, 2009
cheesy use what you have to get what you want. i heard it works like a charm, though i haven't tried it.

simple: apply, fill in stats, write an outstanding personal statement, leave the rest to God.
Re: Tell Us How You Got Into Higher Instituition by infogenius(m): 9:49am On Aug 12, 2009
C2H5OH:

cheesy use what you have to get what you want. i heard it works like a charm, though i haven't tried it.

simple: apply, fill in stats, write an outstanding personal statement, leave the rest to God.

It works like Real charm no be small.

Dclique:

I knew some1,who knew som1,that knows som1,

There must always be som1 when making progress in life.

pongwa:

i entered the way it should be entered, writ and pass the exams in flyin colours and the cache was God

Shot! Simply the best.Having the G- Factor in all endeavours of life,
Re: Tell Us How You Got Into Higher Instituition by infogenius(m): 8:02pm On Aug 20, 2009
Na only three people enter univeristy for here?
Re: Tell Us How You Got Into Higher Instituition by C2H5OH(f): 8:38pm On Aug 20, 2009
no dey mind these people. dem no like to dey post for education board.
Re: Tell Us How You Got Into Higher Instituition by CLASSIFYD(m): 9:22am On Aug 21, 2009
I'm a graduate of d university of lagos(unilag). I got admitted in d 2009/2010 academic session. I did jamb nd i passd fairly well, did a computer based post ume exam. D results were out bt on checkn my result,my registration numbr was invalid. Complained severally at d admission office but to no avail. Weeks past bt i still had no result. To cut d story short,my result was l8a releasd precisely on d 24th of august 2009! When d admission lists were out,i saw my name nd i was overwhelmd wit joy. Thank God 4 my academics nd seeing me through it.
Re: Tell Us How You Got Into Higher Instituition by luvola(m): 1:00pm On Aug 21, 2009
first of all ,i thank d almighty God for my admision. mak una help thank prof lattef hussein lasu v.c for fear admision policy , lasu v.c is d best in nig . i wrote my first post ume in lasu and believe me i got adm to acc dept without spending one kobo, if u knw u ar good and brilant , go and try lasu postjamb and yur adm sure 100%.lasu conduct post ume and after 4hrs d result was release. no sch in nig has ever done dat. greatest lasuite
Re: Tell Us How You Got Into Higher Instituition by luvola(m): 1:03pm On Aug 21, 2009
first of all ,i thank d almighty God for my admision. mak una help thank prof lattef hussein lasu v.c for fair admision policy , lasu v.c is d best in nig . i wrote my first post ume in lasu and believe me i got adm to acc dept without spending one kobo, if u knw u ar good and brilant , go and try lasu postjamb and yur adm sure 100%.lasu conduct post ume and after 4hrs d result was release. no sch in nig has ever done dat. greatest lasuite
Re: Tell Us How You Got Into Higher Instituition by infogenius(m): 1:14pm On Aug 22, 2009
luvola:

first of all ,i thank d almighty God for my admision. mak una help thank prof lattef hussein lasu v.c for fair admision policy , lasu v.c is d best in nig . i wrote my first post ume in lasu and believe me i got adm to acc dept without spending one kobo, if u knw u ar good and brilant , go and try lasu postjamb and yur adm sure 100%.lasu conduct post ume and after 4hrs d result was release. no sch in nig has ever done dat. greatest lasuite

I thank God for you.Lasu has always been a different breed of a university.Many candidates don\t know that you can get admission without paying a kobo.
Congrats.
CLASSIFYD:

I'm a graduate of d university of lagos(unilag). I got admitted in d 2009/2010 academic session. I did jamb nd i passd fairly well, did a computer based post ume exam. D results were out bt on checkn my result,my registration numbr was invalid. Complained severally at d admission office but to no avail. Weeks past bt i still had no result. To cut d story short,my result was l8a releasd precisely on d 24th of august 2009! When d admission lists were out,i saw my name nd i was overwhelmd wit joy. Thank God 4 my academics nd seeing me through it.

Congrats man!
Re: Tell Us How You Got Into Higher Instituition by Dclique(m): 1:19pm On Aug 22, 2009
What

We've nt even reached those dates yet.

U see d future or somthng?
Re: Tell Us How You Got Into Higher Instituition by sweetpain: 1:54pm On Aug 22, 2009
I read like craze because I was afraid of failure and being left behind by my contemporaries.

I desended on all the past Jamb questions I could lay my hands on and chewed them all to pieces. A lot of peeps who knew me felt I would pass easily but I wasnt so sure. Infact I thought I was going to fail (it would have been a first though grin).

The result came out and it was a blast (one of the best in Nigeria for that year). I like to talk about it b/c it is to me one of life's more elusive moments of glory.
Re: Tell Us How You Got Into Higher Instituition by fineboyp(m): 2:13pm On Aug 22, 2009
sweetpain:

I read like craze because I was afraid of failure and being left behind by my contemporaries.

I desended on all the past Jamb questions I could lay my hands on and chewed them all to pieces. A lot of peeps who knew me felt I would pass easily but I wasnt so sure. Infact I thought I was going to fail (it would have been a first though grin).

The result came out and it was a blast (one of the best in Nigeria for that year). I like to talk about it b/c it is to me one of life's more elusive moments of glory.

, urs is almost an exact reflection of mine, though i wasn't that much of a reader, i was in the top five in my class back in sec sch, I was scared stiff checkin my O'level result , i jst had this fear , wat if everybdy did well and i failed.i waz praying for even "credits" , but behold second best O'level in ma sch,
same happened with my UME, back den we didnt hv to take any post UME, i was the first of my group of frnds to chck mine, when i saw my score (mid two-hundreds) i was kinda dissapointed cos i thought my frnds wld do probably do beter, i even hid it frm them, they supposed i did terribly and felt sorry for me', after dey all checked, bam!!! , mine was highest, in ma sch for that year, needless to say i got into school on merit immediately after sec sch.
Re: Tell Us How You Got Into Higher Instituition by sweetpain: 3:04pm On Aug 22, 2009
fineboy_p:

, urs is almost an exact reflection of mine, though i wasn't that much of a reader, i was in the top five in my class back in sec sch, I was scared stiff checkin my O'level result , i jst had this fear , wat if everybdy did well and i failed.i waz praying for even "credits" , but behold second best O'level in ma sch,
same happened with my UME, back den we didnt hv to take any post UME, i was the first of my group of frnds to chck mine, when i saw my score (mid two-hundreds) i was kinda dissapointed cos i thought my frnds wld do probably do beter, i even hid it frm them, they supposed i did terribly and felt sorry for me', after dey all checked, bam!!! , mine was highest, in ma sch for that year, needless to say i got into school on merit immediately after sec sch.
Needless to say, English almost threw in a spanner with a C6 (I did not see anything there was to read in this particular subject grin) and I had not enroled for GCE which was the only safety net at the time b/c dad said there was no money or it will be a waste.
Re: Tell Us How You Got Into Higher Instituition by fineboyp(m): 4:10pm On Aug 22, 2009
its alot more complicated these days with post-this, post-that schools keep xploitin candidates and depriving many,
Re: Tell Us How You Got Into Higher Instituition by CLASSIFYD(m): 8:51am On Aug 23, 2009
@dclique, am jst talkn with faith nd so shall it be. AMEN.
Re: Tell Us How You Got Into Higher Instituition by CLASSIFYD(m): 8:56am On Aug 23, 2009
@infogenius, thnx in advance!
Re: Tell Us How You Got Into Higher Instituition by luvola(m): 11:10am On Aug 23, 2009
GOD BLESS U INFOGENIUS, U AR MOUTED . ANY LASUITE IN D HOUSE SHUD HOLLA ME - olaklives05@yahoo.com

Re: Tell Us How You Got Into Higher Instituition by infogenius(m): 11:13am On Aug 23, 2009
sweetpain:

Bravo! you have just revealed a bumper secret of passing JAMB examination and any exam.
Re: Tell Us How You Got Into Higher Instituition by tck2000(m): 8:19pm On Jan 31, 2020
sweetpain:

Needless to say, English almost threw in a spanner with a C6 (I did not see anything there was to read in this particular subject grin) and I had not enroled for GCE which was the only safety net at the time b/c dad said there was no money or it will be a waste.
Re: Tell Us How You Got Into Higher Instituition by infogenius(m): 10:41am On Apr 29, 2020
Saw this thread started for over a decade and I believe it is a motivator to
those that want to get into the higher school of learning.

Kindly share your experience, it may just be what a candidate out there is looking for.

Thank u.
Re: Tell Us How You Got Into Higher Instituition by infogenius(m): 2:41pm On Jun 27, 2022
luvola:
GOD BLESS U INFOGENIUS, U AR MOUTED . ANY LASUITE IN D HOUSE SHUD HOLLA ME - olaklives05@yahoo.com
Amen. Many Thanks
Prayer no dey expire

Unilag Supplementary List / Direct Entry Student Lets Meet Here / Its For Real Not Scam Get Your Invitation Letter In 2weeks