Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,694 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:32 PM

MAN U,CHELSEA,BARCA,Soccer fans,Please Settle This Argument on Team Stategy - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / MAN U,CHELSEA,BARCA,Soccer fans,Please Settle This Argument on Team Stategy (581 Views)

Man U - Chelsea Game Postponed! / Arsenal plays Villa, Man-U, Chelsea, Liverpool - In Just 2 Weeks? / If U Were A Player In A Transfer Saga Among Arsenal Man U Chelsea Madrid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

MAN U,CHELSEA,BARCA,Soccer fans,Please Settle This Argument on Team Stategy by shadex1(m): 6:55am On Aug 11, 2009
I just got off an argument with my cousin and i tend to loose most arguments to some people not because i am wrong but because there is no third person to listen to our point of views and evualuate them.
Dear nairalanders and sport lovers,i would need you to come settle this for us.
the argument was about styles of football.
He said there are only two types of styles,either defensive or attacking and i disputed it and said that we have three styles: defensive,balanced and attacking
(Hey please,Man U and Chelsea fans,no sentiments here,lets be realistic.thank you.)
DEFENSIVE or should i say ULTRA DEFENSIVE like what man u did to barca two seasons ago when Scholes scored against barca.and against Chelsea last semi-finals.Man u played an all defensive game,ultra defensive.but it doesnt mean they didnt attack because the aim of a match is to score and win and you cannot do that by defending only so when i say a formation is defensive it doesnt mean the team defends and when they have the opportunity to attack,they still defend.but their primary objective is to defend.the defensive tactics is also the one lower teams adopt against the bigger teams when they know the attacking players of the opposing team would break down their normal defensive system with ease so they adopt a more defensive tactics where most of the players,including the midfielders and sometimes the strikers have to move further back.
ATTACKTING or you can say ULTRA ATTACKING is what barcelona, arsenal and a traditional real madrid do and some other spanish teams.
their aim is to attack at all cost and they have little time to defend which forces the opposition to sit back also because the thought of loosing the ball and letting it get to the attackin players scares them so they dont attack and mostly defend.that is what barca forced almost all teams to do against them throughout last season,even chelsea.you know an attacking system of play from the line of defense.the defensive line starts high up the field,closer to the arch in the midfield and opposing teams are mostly caught offside when they try to beat it.even the centre backs push forward to attack like the way Gerard Pique does,if you watch barca matches,you would know what gerard piques does.he charges forward and sends passes to the midfielders and sometimes the strikers.NOTE: when the system goes wrong,the team concedes alot of goals,like madrid against liverpool in anfield in champions league,real madrid against barcelona,the 6-2 thrashing in bernabeu.barcelona against athletico madrid in 2008/2009 la liga in the camp nou.4 goals were allowed by barca.
now my third style of play is the BALANCED SYSTEM.It may not be an official tactics but some games find a way of balancing themselves.ok a balanced system to me a a style a play adopted when you know the team you are facing has a strong attacking set up just as strong as yours,and a defense strong enough to contain your own attacking system.which makes the game balanced.like when a man u vs chelsea play, or any of the big four.you dont see one team over attacking or over defending,everybody just takes their normal position.
like the champions league final,barca started off with a balanced tactics and so did man u.and when barca started to get into the game,they turned into their normal ultra attacking.my point is that there are three styles.the ULTRA DEFENSIVE,THE BALANCED SYSTEM AND THE ULTRA ATTACKING.I would say the balanced system is the style of play man u uses normally,you hardly see them attacking with almost six players close to the box 18 even though the full backs charge forward,neither do you see them defending with all their midfielders, you can hardly catch any of them them out of position and that is why it is hard to beat them.I would say chelsea and liverpool also do the same.
what do you have to say about this

(1) (Reply)

Uefa Champions' League Round 16 Clashes / Mancity Beats Chelsea At Home 4-2 / Chelsea Vs Inter! Who Wins?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.