Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,131 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:34 AM

Emirates Vacation Club Dupes Nigerians - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Emirates Vacation Club Dupes Nigerians (25975 Views)

MMM Participant Accused Of Duping Fellow Member He Was Matched With (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emirates Vacation Club Dupes Nigerians by ijustdey: 7:36am On May 03, 2016
Dubai-based Emirates Vacation Club (EVC) has allegedly scammed about 2,000 Nigerians through dubious investment. The victims, it was learnt, invested several thousands of US dollars in 99 years time-sharing private residency accommodation at a 45-storey Emirates Grand Hotel (EGH) on Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai.

According to reports of three meetings held in separate locations in Nigeria by the victims towards seeking redress on the matter, Nigerians and other nationals were lured into investing in EVC on arrival at Dubai Airport. As a product of their meetings, a Focal Persons Committee (FPC) has been set up with the mandate to pursue legal and diplomatic means to recover all funds invested by Nigerians in EVC/ EGH.

The FPC has also been mandated to write the Federal Government through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, National Assembly, Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Inspector General of Police/ Interpol and United Arab Emirates Embassy in Nigeria.

Nigerian investors held three separate meetings, under the auspices of FPC in Enugu on March 28, Abuja on April 2 and in Lagos on April 3 to strategise on how to recoup their investments from EVC/EGH.

Some others, who lodged in hotels operated by the Emirates Group such as Emirates Towers had their personal details accessed by EVC, through which the staff of EVC subsequently made telephone calls to the lodgers’ rooms and invited them for discussions at the office of EVC located in the EGH, Dubai, the reports said.

The affected Nigerians alleged that when EVC found out that many Nigerians had invested so much, it moved into Nigeria and incorporated Global EVC with certificate number RC 1005770 issued on January 24, 2012. Meanwhile, the National Coordinator of the group and FPC Chairman, Mr. Donald Nwandu, said the EVC opened an office on 9, Bourdillon Road, Ikoji, Lagos, after discovering that many Nigerians were interested in the investment. In addition, EVC also operated openly at the remodelled domestic wing of the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Ikeja and malls in Lekki area, he said.

He said: “Nigerians, who invested with EVC Global in Nigeria, paid money into bank accounts opened with Zenith and GTB. It was discovered that about 10,000 people have, so far, paid money for just 32 apartments that EVC and EVC Global leased from Emirates Grand Hotel.”

Efforts to get the EVC to respond to the allegations proved abortive, as several emails sent to them for more than two weeks were not responded to at the time of filing this report.Also, another member of the group, Mr. Emmanuel Ejime, said some members had been frustrated by EVC by arbitrarily increasing the annual maintenance fee from the contract sum of $350 to between $600 and $700.

http://newtelegraphonline.com/dubai-based-firm-dupes-2000-nigerians/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emirates Vacation Club Dupes Nigerians by tollytexy(m): 7:43am On May 03, 2016
Lol badt sharp guy... na dem first start oooo.. make dem no forget where scam was originated grin grin

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emirates Vacation Club Dupes Nigerians by Nobody: 7:49am On May 03, 2016
shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Emirates Vacation Club Dupes Nigerians by TPAND(f): 8:03am On May 03, 2016
Good for them. Invest your wealth in Nigeria, so Nigerians and Nigeria can benefit from it. You invest in Dubai's economy and then condemn your own and blame your government, you must be sick upstairs.

Nigerians and most especially Africans have this craving for things that are established, glitters. They never make any mental effort to maker theirs attractive. That's why Africa is the disposal hub of the world.

111 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Emirates Vacation Club Dupes Nigerians by ammyluv2002(f): 9:40am On May 03, 2016
TPAND:
Good for them. Invest your wealth in Nigeria, so Nigerians and Nigeria can benefit from it. You invest in Dubai's economy and then condemn your own and blame your government, you must be sick upstairs.

Nigerians and most especially Africans have this craving for things that are established, glitters. They never make any mental effort to maker theirs attractive. That's why Africa is the disposal hub of the world.
Re: Emirates Vacation Club Dupes Nigerians by klassykute(m): 9:41am On May 03, 2016
na we teach dem scam ba .. dey ar good learners

3 Likes

Re: Emirates Vacation Club Dupes Nigerians by gulfer: 9:41am On May 03, 2016
I am sure the fraudster is one smart_alec from nowhere else but Nigeria angry angry angry angry................. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emirates Vacation Club Dupes Nigerians by beGOOD4aba(m): 9:42am On May 03, 2016
duping everywhere
Re: Emirates Vacation Club Dupes Nigerians by otitokoroleti: 9:42am On May 03, 2016
TPAND:

Re: Emirates Vacation Club Dupes Nigerians by gurunlocker: 9:42am On May 03, 2016
Arab scam Nigerian? those Nigerians must be gullible....

3 Likes

Re: Emirates Vacation Club Dupes Nigerians by Pavore9: 9:43am On May 03, 2016
A well packaged scam. The scammers fed off on some Nigerians' thirst for Dubai property and that is how many billions out of the Nigerian economy? angry

4 Likes

Re: Emirates Vacation Club Dupes Nigerians by JohnFrankling(m): 9:43am On May 03, 2016
The scammer is a Nigerian

2 Likes

Re: Emirates Vacation Club Dupes Nigerians by Taeewo(m): 9:44am On May 03, 2016
Hahahaha
Re: Emirates Vacation Club Dupes Nigerians by debson(m): 9:44am On May 03, 2016
Victim. cry cry
Re: Emirates Vacation Club Dupes Nigerians by Dyt(f): 9:45am On May 03, 2016
Muchechechecheche
Re: Emirates Vacation Club Dupes Nigerians by henrydadon(m): 9:45am On May 03, 2016
21st century and someone still getting scammed..seem some people will remain vulnerable all their life
Re: Emirates Vacation Club Dupes Nigerians by Nobody: 9:45am On May 03, 2016
bushmeat has caught the hunter shocked

1 Like

Re: Emirates Vacation Club Dupes Nigerians by saopauloman(m): 9:46am On May 03, 2016
those Arabians still need money ?
Re: Emirates Vacation Club Dupes Nigerians by Nobody: 9:46am On May 03, 2016
TPAND:

The thieves parading themselves as politicians with unlimited cash aren't establishing in Nigeria and you expect few who have limited cash to pump it in Nigeria while living in Dubai..
Splendid!

3 Likes

Re: Emirates Vacation Club Dupes Nigerians by kingthreat(m): 9:47am On May 03, 2016
I don't [pity the Nigerians scammed
Re: Emirates Vacation Club Dupes Nigerians by kennyman2000(m): 9:48am On May 03, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: Emirates Vacation Club Dupes Nigerians by adekennis(m): 9:49am On May 03, 2016
henrydadon:
21st century and someone still getting scammed..seem some people will remain vulnerable all their life

People like you easily get scammed..

5 Likes

Re: Emirates Vacation Club Dupes Nigerians by youngice(m): 9:50am On May 03, 2016
Very confused write up
Re: Emirates Vacation Club Dupes Nigerians by aremed(m): 9:52am On May 03, 2016
One chance in Dubai....

1 Like

Re: Emirates Vacation Club Dupes Nigerians by Electroweb(m): 9:55am On May 03, 2016
Praise the Lord!!! Haleluyah!!!! I thank God for my life. I almost invested in the stuff in 2011. But something always bothered me, which is how i will get my money back once it leaves the country. When they came to Nigeria, they came with fine Dubai babes for their marketing. Not all that glitters is gold. Use your brain and not your emotions when it comes to investment. Another thing was, the more i read the package, the less i understood it. Another tip: Always invest in what you understand.
Shalom.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emirates Vacation Club Dupes Nigerians by Awesome80(m): 9:56am On May 03, 2016
in the present economic situation?nawa o grin

5 Likes

Re: Emirates Vacation Club Dupes Nigerians by kuuljay(m): 9:56am On May 03, 2016
Scamming a bunch of nigerians is like telling me my grandma is a virgin,i can only believe it if they said some nigerians collaborated to scam other nigerians

1 Like

Re: Emirates Vacation Club Dupes Nigerians by callJesu: 9:56am On May 03, 2016
Sadly
Re: Emirates Vacation Club Dupes Nigerians by PoundspassDolla(m): 9:57am On May 03, 2016
grin grin grin this ppl contacted me through their agents they mount on shopping mall,they also mount them on cinemas,hotels and so on.... When they see you coming they will just access you by your look or appearance before approaching you...... If you fall.............. Na you be their mugu.

1 Like

Re: Emirates Vacation Club Dupes Nigerians by kennysteve77: 9:59am On May 03, 2016
I'm sure it's a Nigerian that went to Dubai to Dupe his fellow Nigerians...

1 Like

Re: Emirates Vacation Club Dupes Nigerians by epospiky(m): 9:59am On May 03, 2016
that sounds like goodnews undecided
Re: Emirates Vacation Club Dupes Nigerians by shizzy7(f): 10:00am On May 03, 2016
They were advertising the thing on NTA....

Na rich people dem dupe...Nice one.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bitfinex Crypto Hack: US Arrests Couple For Allegedly Laundering $4.5 Billion / Save And Grow Rich: 6 Simple And Practical Ways To Save Money And Grow Rich / Awuzie: Money In Chinmark's Frozen Account Can't Pay 3 Top Investors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.