Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,889 members, 7,806,580 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:32 PM

Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne (65581 Views)

Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) / Ooni Of Ife Celebrates 1st Year On The Throne With Soyinka, Obasanjo, Others / Sultan Of Sokoto Celebrates 10th Anniversary Of The Ascension Of Throne (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by topsyking: 9:43am On May 03, 2016
In 1979, palace of Ooni of Ife ,The visit of Omo n'oba ni Edo Erediauwa to the palace of Ile-Ife to see the Ooni of Ife, Adesoji Aderemi, on his ascension to the throne of Benin.The following year1980 Ooni Aderemi joined his ancestors. Baba was pleased enough with Omo'n'ba to swap his black leather seat with him. Baba had seen three Benin Obas before he joined his ancestors.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by seunny4lif(m): 10:06am On May 03, 2016
I think say Oba of Benin no dey leave palace grin grin
I think dats Oba of ife person sitting room not the main palace grin grin
So, Oba dey enter transfer sha grin grin grin

96 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by Pheals(f): 10:09am On May 03, 2016
Y kings of today dey fight !! Oba respected the ooni by leaving his beautiful palace to visit him !! I thought the oba doesn't leaves his palace ni !!

God bless the ooni
God bless the oba

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by topsyking: 10:10am On May 03, 2016
Pheals:
Y kings of today dey fight !! Oba respected the ooni by leaving his beautiful palace to visit him !! I thought the oba doesn't leaves his palace ni !!

God bless the ooni
God bless the oba
THATS WHAT I HEARD TOO OOO grin

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by seunny4lif(m): 10:16am On May 03, 2016
grin grin grin
I think Oba no dey go transfer according to our Benin bros grin grin
As the Oba no leave him go Western conference and as if he no leave house go welcome the queen of England for airport grin grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by CACAWA(m): 10:16am On May 03, 2016
If this story is true, then I have a question.

According to the picture above, the Oba of Benin was newly installed meaning his predecessor had just died, and the Ooni of Ife died the next year.

In 2015 also, a new Ooni of Ife was installed and the Oba of Benin died about same time.

Also, this Ooni of Ife has married a Benin woman....hmmmm

Something tells me that the Oba of Benin is the ab_OBA_ku of the Ooni of Ife.

Especially when you recall that the reward for an abobaku is that he must also enjoy life like the King.

154 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by klassykute(m): 10:20am On May 03, 2016
Pheals:

God bless the ooni
God bless the oba
pheals u b edo girl?.
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by Movic1(m): 10:30am On May 03, 2016
CACAWA:

According to the picture above, the Oba of Benin was newly installed meaning his predecessor had just died, and the Ooni of Ife died the next year.

In 2015 also, a new Ooni of Ife was installed and the Oba of Benin died about same time.

Something tells me that the Oba of Benin is an abOBAku of the Ooni of Ife.

Especially when you recall that the reward for an abobaku is that he must also enjoy life like the King.

It seems true o

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by TippyTop(m): 10:37am On May 03, 2016
[s]
CACAWA:

[/s]

The visit was in 1979, Oba Akenzua joined his ancestors in 1978 so how could Akenzua be the Abobaku? Actually it could be argued the Oni was Akenzua's abobaku having died a year after Oba Akenzua.
The Oba of Benin joined his ancestors early in 2015 few months later the Oni died, I wonder why?

If I were you I'd be praying for the Edaiken to live a prosperous and long life because the fate of the Oni rests with him. I dey joke o
grin grin grin grin grin grin

112 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by Agunechemba1(m): 11:07am On May 03, 2016
Who dem epp?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by Elose11(m): 11:25am On May 03, 2016
Baba was pleased
enough with Omo'n'ba to swap
his black leather seat with him.
For those of us who finds it difficult to understand the superiority of the Oba of Benin over the Ooni of Ife, please meditate on the above. That an older Ooni vacated his exalted seat for a visiting Oba speaks volume. In africa tradition it is the young that stands up for his elder to sit. For the Oba to accept that abnormality means the Benin monarch is superior to the Ooni.

126 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by OkoNDOoBo: 11:47am On May 03, 2016
Na Lie Oba of benin don't go out..
But can bow for UK chick outside his palacegringrin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by topsyking: 11:54am On May 03, 2016
there's a kind of strange connections btw the two obas. one died n the other follows.. conspiracy theory

2 Likes

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by CACAWA(m): 11:58am On May 03, 2016
TippyTop:
[s][/s]

The visit was in 1979, Oba Akenzua joined his ancestors in 1978 so how could Akenzua be the Abobaku? Actually it could be argued the Oni was Akenzua's abobaku having died a year after Oba Akenzua.
The Oba of Benin joined his ancestors early in 2015 few months later the Oni died, I wonder why?

If I were you I'd be praying for the Edaiken to live a prosperous and long life because the fate of the Oni rests with him. I dey joke o
grin grin grin grin grin grin
lol

So why did they not announce his death earlier than Ooni.

Lol...anyway sha

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by omoigbomina(m): 12:05pm On May 03, 2016
Elose11:
Baba was pleased
For those of us who finds it difficult to understand the superiority of the Oba of Benin over the Ooni of Ife, please meditate on the above. That an older Ooni vacated his exalted seat for a visiting Oba speaks volume. In africa tradition it is the young that stands up for his elder to sit. For the Oba to accept that abnormality means the Benin monarch is superior to the Ooni.
and it is the junior that visits the senior.

99 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by comos: 12:07pm On May 03, 2016
topsyking:
In 1979, palace of Ooni of Ife ,The visit of Omo n'oba ni Edo Erediauwa to the palace of Ile-Ife to see the Ooni of Ife, Adesoji Aderemi, on his ascension to the throne of Benin.The following year1980 Ooni Aderemi joined his ancestors. Baba was pleased enough with Omo'n'ba to swap his black leather seat with him. Baba had seen three Benin Obas before he joined his ancestors.

Two kings don't share the same throne.

The ooni of Ife, Adesoji Aderemi realizes that and did the right thing pronto.

8 Likes

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by Rotimi47: 12:19pm On May 03, 2016
CACAWA:

wicked assumption. grin

3 Likes

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by seunny4lif(m): 12:22pm On May 03, 2016
grin grin grin grin
CACAWA:

2 Likes

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by Elose11(m): 12:29pm On May 03, 2016
comos:

Two kings don't share the same throne.

The ooni of Ife, Adesoji Aderemi realizes that and did the right thing pronto.
If this your statement about two kings not sharing the same throne makes sense to you, how come none of the yoruba monarchs the new Ooni visited vacates their seats for him?

14 Likes

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by doublewisdom: 12:40pm On May 03, 2016
Elose11:
Baba was pleased
You made sense. You only leave your seat for a superior.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by iamodenigbo1(m): 12:42pm On May 03, 2016
following
Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by Eddy2cute(m): 12:56pm On May 03, 2016
That was before he ascended the throne of the benin monarchy. If he was already seated as the oba of benin he can't go and visit the ooni! Instead its the ooni that will come and visit him in benin. Also didn't u guys notice the superiority of the benin monarchy over the kingship of ife, as the ooni has to vacate his own sit in his own palace for a visiting prince about the be crowned king of benin? If the prince even asked 4 the ooni's wife for the night he will still definitely grant him the favour hehehehe that's the defination of true superiority of the benin monarchy over the yorubas. #fact

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by Eddy2cute(m): 12:58pm On May 03, 2016
doublewisdom:
You made sense. You only leave your seat for a superior.
#fact

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by Marotzke(m): 12:59pm On May 03, 2016
CACAWA:
lol

So why did they not announce his death earlier than Ooni.

Lol...anyway sha
They announced it only that some people were too dense to understand. Crown prince Eheneden Erediauwa announced before the presidential elections of 2015 that "the leopard is distresed in the Savanna."

Those who know "wetin dey" , understood and took necessary precautions. The "Ofekes" only got to know last week.

Even when prince Eheneden took the historical and ritualistic walk from Benin to Uselu to assume the Edaiken n' Uselu title, their mumu eyes never opened.

I am sure that such people will still be wondering what happened when Eheneden Erediauwa finally assumes his titular Oba name; just like Solomon Akenzua became Oba Erediauwa in 1979 .

26 Likes

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by Nobody: 1:06pm On May 03, 2016
all of una mumu o grin

just cos the OP with no verifiable source stated that the ooni vacated a leather seat for the oba of Benin, you lots now think the oba is superior.

how are you sure that the seat is actually precious to the ooni?

Na wah o

12 Likes

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by Nobody: 1:08pm On May 03, 2016
Elose11:

If this your statement about two kings not sharing the same throne makes sense to you, how come none of the yoruba monarchs the new Ooni visited vacates their seats for him?
which verifiable source told you a seat was vacated by someone? The crappy write up the OP placed up there? grin

2 Likes

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by topsyking: 1:11pm On May 03, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
all of una mumu o grin

just cos the OP with no verifiable source stated that the ooni vacated a leather seat for the oba of Benin, you lots now think the oba is superior.

how are you sure that the seat is actually precious to the ooni?

Na wah o
the leather seat is not the ooni of ife throne.. its just a sign of respect for a visiting king to your palace.. nothing more.. and he can never sit on the throne of ooni of ife.. i hope this is clear now
this is ooni of ife on his throne which only him sits

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by aventura: 1:12pm On May 03, 2016
Thesame way every new emir must visit the sultan. If the new oba of benin visits the ooni then it puts to rest the age long arguments between both sides on who is superior.

7 Likes

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by Nobody: 1:21pm On May 03, 2016
topsyking:
the leather seat is not the ooni of ife throne.. its just a sign of respect for a visiting king to your palace.. nothing more.. and he can never sit on the throne of ooni of ife.. i hope this is clear now
i won't call it a sign of respect but being a good host.

15 Likes

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by topsyking: 1:24pm On May 03, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
i won't call it a sign of respect but being a good host.
correct.. that's what i mean.. a good host

3 Likes

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by nigeriancritic1(m): 2:20pm On May 03, 2016
CACAWA:

This you assertion is what happen when a bush boy Jambito read Logic wey pass am.

5 Likes

Re: Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne by topsyking: 4:15pm On May 03, 2016
nigeriancritic1:

This you assertion is what happen when a bush boy Jambito read Logic wey pass am.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bode Thomas Died Of Barking After Insulting Alaafin Of Oyo. How True? / Alaafin Of Oyo, Adeyemi At Gabriel Igbinedion 85th Birthday (Photos) / Ooni Ogunwusi And Wife At Lagos Airport On Their Way To The US, Caused A Scene

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.