Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,120 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:58 PM

13-year-old Gang Leader Arrested In Lagos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 13-year-old Gang Leader Arrested In Lagos (44314 Views)

Notorious Gang Leader Arrested After His Charm Failed During Police Raid (photo) / Offa Bank Robbery: Ayoade Akinnibosun AKA A.Y - Profile Of The Gang Leader! / Wife Of Kidnapper And Sister In-law To Notorious Gang Leader Arrested. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

13-year-old Gang Leader Arrested In Lagos by lalasticlala(m): 2:15pm On May 03, 2016
A 13-year-old boy has told the police in Lagos that he joined armed robbery in order to survive. The boy, name withheld, said although his parents were still alive, they were not interested in his welfare. He explained that he and about 40 other boys of his age used to sleep in various shops at Idumota Market at night.

The teenager was arrested by traders at Idumota Market, Lagos Island while attempting to steal customers’ money and handsets. The boy would have been lynched but for the quick intervention of the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority (LASTMA) officials. Some traders described the suspect as terror of the night.

They added that he was the leader of a gang of young robbers. The teenager said he was forced to embrace stealing and armed robbery. He said: “I was born in this market. My parents also sell in this market. But they don’t cater for me. I do everything in order to feed myself.

About 40 children sleep with me in shops at night. We wake early to leave the shops before people start coming for business. “Last year, while I was playing football with other children, some guys from Jankara area called me and gave me a gun. They said I should keep the gun for them.

They also called one of my friends, Daniel, and gave him guns to keep. We hid the guns in our clothes. There was a day that they took us to Agege to rob. Daniel and I kept the guns they used for the robbery operation that day.” The boy said the men had taken him and Daniel to several places for robbery, but always wouldn’t give them anything after the operation.

And if the boys dare to demand a share of the loot, the men would threaten to kill them. He added: “I don’t rob people with gun. I only carry it and hid it for them. I’m living here in the market with other children whose parents have abandoned. Most times, we sleep inside toilets.”

http://newtelegraphonline.com/lack-parental-care-says-teenage-robber/
Re: 13-year-old Gang Leader Arrested In Lagos by Nobody: 2:16pm On May 03, 2016
shocked
If your parent discarded you as a nobody (lack of care/upbringing) why then did you discard your living shocked , if para-venture he is not detained, he will turn International robber

Parents, if you can't bring up your child morally, pls stop fvcking coz definitely some illiterate parents don't know what is birth control, na to open yansh born pikins everywhere undecided

l.a.la.sticlala, your dp is fuckery hilarious cheesy cheesy

47 Likes

Re: 13-year-old Gang Leader Arrested In Lagos by joezy23(m): 2:17pm On May 03, 2016
wow

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13-year-old Gang Leader Arrested In Lagos by akanniade10(m): 2:18pm On May 03, 2016
Wonders shall never end!!! Future Sina Rambo spotted

2 Likes

Re: 13-year-old Gang Leader Arrested In Lagos by Fynestboi: 2:20pm On May 03, 2016
Good riddance to rubbish.
Re: 13-year-old Gang Leader Arrested In Lagos by donbenedict(m): 2:23pm On May 03, 2016
So u saying he takes a gun and points it at people and they screeam grin

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: 13-year-old Gang Leader Arrested In Lagos by Nobody: 2:37pm On May 03, 2016
OMG! Why on earth will parents give birth to children and abandon them? If you can't cater for them, why bring them into this cruel world to suffer? Imagine a child at the age of 13 carrying a gun and being involved in robbery activities, how then will Nigeria move forward? I won't judge or blame the young child. When children ain't properly guided, when they are not taught what's right or wrong, when there's no one to check the company they keep, they are bound to go astray. If God doesn't intervene they become vicious criminals. No wonder the Holy Book says in Proverb 22:26 Train up a child in the way he should and when he's old he shall not depart from it. I pray God reveals himself to the young boy and teach him all his parents failed to.

4 Likes

Re: 13-year-old Gang Leader Arrested In Lagos by freecocoa(f): 2:37pm On May 03, 2016
This is just sad.

Something needs to be done about those people breeding children they can't afford to cater for, leaving these young ones to become a menace to society, nonsense. angry

3 Likes

Re: 13-year-old Gang Leader Arrested In Lagos by Nobody: 2:37pm On May 03, 2016
He is a product of his environment

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 13-year-old Gang Leader Arrested In Lagos by Khd95(m): 2:37pm On May 03, 2016
Oyenusi re-incrnate

This goes out to some reckless parents who manufactures children without the means of catering for them,nd rather than throwing them out into the streets to be environmental harzards,why not giv them up for adptionsad

If u enjoyed the love nd care of ur parents,pls click LIKEgrin

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13-year-old Gang Leader Arrested In Lagos by RichYoungNigger(m): 2:37pm On May 03, 2016
Gang leader ??
You mean primary school play leader ??

If that boy carry gun enter my house, i go slap am,kneel am down and make him wash plate for me

3 Likes

Re: 13-year-old Gang Leader Arrested In Lagos by Phemostiga(m): 2:38pm On May 03, 2016
OH LORD MY FATHER SAVE ME FROM THE TERROR OF THE NIGHT
Re: 13-year-old Gang Leader Arrested In Lagos by Toyeebh(m): 2:39pm On May 03, 2016
Oshee
Re: 13-year-old Gang Leader Arrested In Lagos by kennyman2000(m): 2:39pm On May 03, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: 13-year-old Gang Leader Arrested In Lagos by Emeskhalifa(m): 2:39pm On May 03, 2016
See why i insisted on not getting bae pregnant ba?
For God sake, why bring a child to the world if u can't train him or her?

Check my profile for affordable data

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 13-year-old Gang Leader Arrested In Lagos by Junior66(m): 2:39pm On May 03, 2016
freecocoa:
Space things on my mind.
where u go hide since? not seeing u online these days
Re: 13-year-old Gang Leader Arrested In Lagos by Nobody: 2:39pm On May 03, 2016
osedvgirl:
shocked

If your parent discarded you as a nobody (lack of care/upbringing) why then did you discard your living shocked , if para-venture he is not detained, he will turn International robber

Parents, if you can't bring up your child morally, pls stop fvcking coz definitely some illiterate parents don't know what is birth control, na to open yansh born pikins everywhere undecided
E just tire me.

1 Like

Re: 13-year-old Gang Leader Arrested In Lagos by tolexy007(m): 2:40pm On May 03, 2016
shocked angry
Re: 13-year-old Gang Leader Arrested In Lagos by Icecomrade: 2:40pm On May 03, 2016
Bad
Re: 13-year-old Gang Leader Arrested In Lagos by Engrr(m): 2:40pm On May 03, 2016
Okoooo!

Picture of the boy or.............
Re: 13-year-old Gang Leader Arrested In Lagos by dannytoe(m): 2:41pm On May 03, 2016
so sad, but is buhari's fault, abi?
Re: 13-year-old Gang Leader Arrested In Lagos by 0955eb027(m): 2:42pm On May 03, 2016
I am coming.
Re: 13-year-old Gang Leader Arrested In Lagos by berrystunn(m): 2:43pm On May 03, 2016
Vote ❎
Re: 13-year-old Gang Leader Arrested In Lagos by Nobody: 2:44pm On May 03, 2016
tensazangetsu:

E just tire me.
sure
Re: 13-year-old Gang Leader Arrested In Lagos by Nobody: 2:44pm On May 03, 2016
Following! So the little boy took to stealing? Hmmm.... Ok! NEXT!!!
Re: 13-year-old Gang Leader Arrested In Lagos by 400billionman: 2:45pm On May 03, 2016
Okay angry

1 Like

Re: 13-year-old Gang Leader Arrested In Lagos by Nobody: 2:45pm On May 03, 2016
it would be weird having a 13year old baby pointing a gun at me and asking me to hands up.

the slap wey I go give am ehn, no be here at all. angry
Re: 13-year-old Gang Leader Arrested In Lagos by PreacherxSon(m): 2:45pm On May 03, 2016
another Dericko Nwamama, spotted !!!

1 Like

Re: 13-year-old Gang Leader Arrested In Lagos by freecocoa(f): 2:47pm On May 03, 2016
Junior66:

where u go hide since? not seeing u online these days
I have been kinda active in these last weeks, not just as was.

Life has happened.grin
Re: 13-year-old Gang Leader Arrested In Lagos by MisterMachine: 2:48pm On May 03, 2016
this is bad o. to avoid this kin wahala, best migrate to australia where crime rate is one of the lowest in the world. How? ask desireaustralia dot com
Re: 13-year-old Gang Leader Arrested In Lagos by olafum1(m): 2:48pm On May 03, 2016
Pls let's have a law to regulate the number of child birth to the means and capacity of the parents, or better still the generality of the nation.
Re: 13-year-old Gang Leader Arrested In Lagos by Nobody: 2:49pm On May 03, 2016
RichYoungNigger:
Gang leader ??
You mean primary school play leader ??

If that boy carry gun enter my house, i go slap am,kneel am down and make him wash plate for me

i laughing in spanishing........i bet, no b u go tell d story the nxt day

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Robs And Shoots Russian Woman In Thailand (Photos) / 13-Year-Old Ghanaian Girl Beats Her 14-Year-Old Friend To Death Over Boyfriend / Lastma Officer Stops Man From Boarding Bus Because He Looks Like Yahoo Boy (vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.