Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,107 members, 7,807,338 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:29 PM

An Open Letter kicking against forcing Seun's ideologies on Nairalanders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Open Letter kicking against forcing Seun's ideologies on Nairalanders (1045 Views)

Military Is Not Forcing Anyone To Take Vaccination At Nnewi-PICTURES / FFK Reacts To Hausa Threats Of Kicking Igbos Out Of The North / EFCC Forcing Me To Implicate Jonathan - Robert Azibaola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Open Letter kicking against forcing Seun's ideologies on Nairalanders by koboko69: 10:14pm On May 03, 2016
Dear mods,

Before creating this thread, i am well aware of the rules.

Firstly this is an Open letter and not a complaints.

Secondly, this is not complaints against a mod but an opinion to the admin.

Thirdly, there is no specific section to post an open letter to the admin hence i chose to post where i am comfortable with.

Meanwhile
I didn't study law, but Buhari's war against plunderers and looters have thought me so many ways u can avoid a "ban" or jail.

Back to the matter,

Dear Seun,

I logged on to Nairaland to see your thread asking for opinions on banning "Sports betting and forex trading" as u intend to ban promosions of such permanently for the reasons quoted below
In our experience, it's not enough to warn Nairaland members about the dangers of forex day-trading and sports betting. The promise of quick profit is just too strong for thousands of vulnerable Nairaland members to resist. The only way to protect them is complete censorship.

We believe that the complete ban of such content will make Nairaland a better platform for discussing legitimate entrepreneurship and finance.

We believe that the complete ban of such content will make Nairaland a better platform for discussing legitimate entrepreneurship and finance.

This inspired me to write this to you.

Firstly, i have to note your biasness on the thread as you only gave opportunity for those against to vote. What about those that see nothing wrong?

I am not into sports betting or forex trading but the question is are they "LEGITIMATE" businesses?

Oh yes, they are so why the ban?

There is a national lotto commission in Nigeria and lotto commisons worldwide and these people pay tax too.

Banks, telcos, real estate agents, alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages company, e.t.c promote promos and lottos at one point of the other in thr year. How is sports betting different?
This is a matter of choice.

I have seen adverts of banks like save 10,000 naira for a month and stand a chance to win 1 miilion, 10 million naira or whatever in a draw, even a house in bla bla or anyhow they carry out their promotions

Forex tradings are also promoted on national television stations and radio stations at different times as i have listened to such programs. With all the publicity, i have not participated in any, as its a matter of choice.

In my opinion, its time u stop forcing your ideologies on people or Nairalanders, this was the same thing you were doing just before the general elections in 2015, where u were openly in support of PDP thereby carrying out wrong actions against apposition, in politicks section, including your infamous thread about APC being sponsors of Bokoharam. (Thank God for your apologies)

I have seen professors, legitimate business men, workers with decent salaries just bet on sport games for fun..

In my opinion the best u can do is add a disclaimer to anything you are not comfortable with.

I have seen channels on BBM, facebook pages, tweets e.t.c promoting sports betting or Forex, this have not stopped the hosts from growing, neither does it make them loose "customers". Some have lost money, some have made money.

Scammers are also involved in legitimate businesses, we have seen cases of scam in auto sections and other sections.

SPORTS BETTING AND FOREX TRADING ARE BOTH LEGITMATE BUSINESSES. Its your a matter of choice to engage in any of such.

No business guarantees gain, you can gain or loose in any business. Whatever " legitimate business" anyone chooses as his path is his/her business.

Finally, It is your forum, and this is my opinion, you still have the sole RIGHT to do whatever you want with it as long as it is legal.

This is just an open opinion.

God bless Niaraland
God bless Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: An Open Letter kicking against forcing Seun's ideologies on Nairalanders by Nobody: 10:33pm On May 03, 2016
Sports betting and forex will go on with or without nairaland. As far as I'm concerned, Seun is right, nairaland have a lot of underaged people and he is trying to protect the people.

6 Likes

Re: An Open Letter kicking against forcing Seun's ideologies on Nairalanders by koboko69: 10:34pm On May 03, 2016
There is no law banning sports betting or forex trading in Nigeria so i wonder how this is illegitimate.

Its is wrong to keep forcing ur beliefs on others.

Some people are already relating religion to sports betting and forex, using that as a reason why it should be banned. Smh

3 Likes

Re: An Open Letter kicking against forcing Seun's ideologies on Nairalanders by koboko69: 10:35pm On May 03, 2016
lofty900:
Conji is bad grin

Run to sexuality and romance angry

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter kicking against forcing Seun's ideologies on Nairalanders by Fash20: 10:44pm On May 03, 2016
I know thread like this cannot make frontpage but anyhow sha if it makes FP contact me on ........... I repeat ...........

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter kicking against forcing Seun's ideologies on Nairalanders by koboko69: 10:44pm On May 03, 2016
lofty900:
Sports betting and forex will go on with or without nairaland. As far as I'm concerned, Seun is right, nairaland have a lot of underaged people and he is trying to protect the people.

Laughable. This logic is null and void.

Na nairalad holy pass. undecided

Underage don't access other social networks?

He should remove romance and sexuality section too then.

4 Likes

Re: An Open Letter kicking against forcing Seun's ideologies on Nairalanders by SubtleFRED(m): 10:47pm On May 03, 2016
With or without Nairaland,I'd still place my bets every weekend.

Which sport betting are they saving people from?
The one that paid my school fees from my year two till date or which?

He should just add a disclaimer to it.
I understand he is trying to show how much he cares for NLers and in his words 'saving' them from fraudlent acts but banning them is totally uncalled for.

Funny enough,either him(seun) or any of his mod will still speedily push a thread about Akin Alabi or Kunle Soname to FP and tag it 'Nairabet owner' or 'Bet9ja owner' grin grin

4 Likes

Re: An Open Letter kicking against forcing Seun's ideologies on Nairalanders by dubemnaija: 10:47pm On May 03, 2016
The way atheists thinks baffles me
Re: An Open Letter kicking against forcing Seun's ideologies on Nairalanders by henchamb(m): 10:52pm On May 03, 2016
era of open letters
let me grab my pen and paper
tittle..
from nairaland to seunland... the making of a tyrant

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter kicking against forcing Seun's ideologies on Nairalanders by searchng4love: 11:08pm On May 03, 2016
koboko69:

Run to sexuality and romance >sad
We know you. You're a baba ijebu machine operator. Only that nl rules will not allow me post your pictures. However they should be banned. I mean banned. Please come back home to the romance and sexuality sections.
Re: An Open Letter kicking against forcing Seun's ideologies on Nairalanders by koboko69: 11:10pm On May 03, 2016
searchng4love:

We know you. You're a baba ijebu machine operator. Only that nl rules will not allow me post your pictures. However they should be banned. I mean banned. Please come back home to the romance and sexuality sections.

seun and mods, i authorize this clown to post "my pictures"

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter kicking against forcing Seun's ideologies on Nairalanders by searchng4love: 11:13pm On May 03, 2016
koboko69:

seun and mods, i authorize this gentleman to post "my pictures"
Unless you Seun says so I won't. But you and I know I have them.
Re: An Open Letter kicking against forcing Seun's ideologies on Nairalanders by koboko69: 11:21pm On May 03, 2016
searchng4love:

Unless you Seun says so I won't. But you and I know I have them.

geeeerraaaahaaaheeereeee!!!! Dont have time for jesters

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter kicking against forcing Seun's ideologies on Nairalanders by searchng4love: 11:24pm On May 03, 2016
koboko69:

geeeerraaaahaaaheeereeee!!!! Dont have time for jesters

Just get permission from Seun
Re: An Open Letter kicking against forcing Seun's ideologies on Nairalanders by searchng4love: 11:25pm On May 03, 2016
henchamb:
era of open letters
let me grab my pen and paper
tittle..
from nairaland to seunland... the making of a tyrant
Please include in your petition that modath has been on my nerves in recent times
Re: An Open Letter kicking against forcing Seun's ideologies on Nairalanders by koboko69: 12:02am On May 04, 2016
dubemnaija:
The way atheists thinks baffles me

This is not about religion.
Re: An Open Letter kicking against forcing Seun's ideologies on Nairalanders by prince088: 12:03am On May 04, 2016
Op you are wasting your time. Seun banned Biafra, is it sports betting he can't ban?
Re: An Open Letter kicking against forcing Seun's ideologies on Nairalanders by koboko69: 9:34am On May 04, 2016
prince088:
Op you are wasting your time. Seun banned Biafra, is it sports betting he can't ban?

this is a different issue on its own

(1) (Reply)

Adegboruwa Has No Fraud Case / Militancy In The South West: Terrorism, Agitation Or Politics? / APC National Leader, Bola Tinubu Linked To Drug Trafficking Ring In Chicago

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.