Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,791 members, 7,802,500 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:32 PM

Accounts Officer Testifies Against Akpobolokemi, Confirms N67.5 Million Transfer - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Accounts Officer Testifies Against Akpobolokemi, Confirms N67.5 Million Transfer (8136 Views)

Defamation: Governor El-Rufai Testifies In Court (Photos) / Patrick Akpobolokemi Threatens To Slap Female Reporter (video, Pic) / EFCC To Arraign Akpobolokemi And Emmanuel Atewe For N8.5bn NIMASA Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Accounts Officer Testifies Against Akpobolokemi, Confirms N67.5 Million Transfer by Nobody: 1:19am On May 04, 2016
The EFCC is getting close to nailing the former Director general of the Nigeria Maritime Administration and Safety Agency, NIMASA, Patrick Ziadeke Akpobolokemi. Akpobolokemi along with 6 others were arraigned before a Lagos state high court on Tuesday May 3rd,2016.

Read the EFCC's full statement below;

As the trial of a former Director-General of the Nigeria Maritime Administration and Safety Agency, NIMASA, Patrick Ziadeke Akpobolokemi and six others continued today3rd May, 2016 before Justice R.I.B Adebiyi of a Lagos State High Court sitting in Igbosere, an account officer Oliver Ewerem of Access Bank Plc narrated how funds were transferred to Gama Marine Nigeria Limited and one Vincent Udoye from a NIMASA account.

While being led in evidence by prosecuting counsel Idris Abdullahi Mohammed, Ewerem gave a breakdown of some of the transactions that occurred between 2nd - 11th February, 2015.

“On 2nd February, 2015, there was a credit of N28, 000,000 from the account of Committee of Voluntary International Maritime Organization Member State Audit Scheme, VIMSAS. The same day, another credit of N39, 450,000 entered into account of Gama Marine.

“On 10th February, 2015, there were withdrawals from Gama Marine account in favour of one Vincent Udoye, N10 Million in three tranches which is N30 million was made. Another withdrawal by same Vincent Udoye in three tranches of N10, 000,000 which is N30 million occurred again in the same account.

"Also, on 10 February, 2015, a credit of N10, 000,000 in three tranches was paid into Vincent Udoye’s account. On 11 February 2015, another credit of N10,000,000 million in three other tranches were again paid into the account of Vincent Udoye, altogether being seven transactions and amounting to N67,450,000, ".

Akpobolokemi is standing trial alongside six others on a 13-count charge bordering on conspiracy, stealing and fraudulent conversion of funds to the tune of N687, 294,680 (Six Hundred and Eighty Seven Million, Two Hundred and Ninety Four Thousand, Six Hundred and Eighty Naira).

His co-accused persons are Captain Ezekiel Bala Agaba, Ekene Nwakuche, Governor Amechee Juan, Vincent Udoye, Captain Ade Sahib Olopoenia and Gama Marine Nigeria Limited.

Trial continues tomorrow May 4, 2016.

Wilson Uwujaren
Head, Media & Publicity
3rd May, 2016
http://dumebiifeanyi.com/accounts-officer-testifies-ex-dg-nimasaconfirms-fraudulent-n67-4-million-transfer/

2 Likes

Re: Accounts Officer Testifies Against Akpobolokemi, Confirms N67.5 Million Transfer by Nobody: 1:50am On May 04, 2016
Going!!!

1 Like

Re: Accounts Officer Testifies Against Akpobolokemi, Confirms N67.5 Million Transfer by kuuljay(m): 6:44am On May 04, 2016
Wailers where are you? One of your own is witch hunted here, come and throw tantrums grin grin grin grin they be like who have they convicted? I say I wished efcc has the power to convict so many things they don't know

16 Likes

Re: Accounts Officer Testifies Against Akpobolokemi, Confirms N67.5 Million Transfer by allenuzoma(m): 9:57am On May 04, 2016
keeping ma arms crossed until someone goes to jail...all this propaganda ain't taking us anywhere....

1 Like

Re: Accounts Officer Testifies Against Akpobolokemi, Confirms N67.5 Million Transfer by aminho(m): 9:57am On May 04, 2016
Sipping fura da nono on top mango tree
Re: Accounts Officer Testifies Against Akpobolokemi, Confirms N67.5 Million Transfer by stobery(m): 9:58am On May 04, 2016
That's chicken change when compared to the Rivers state money Amaechi spent campaigning for Buhari yet the state is still commissioning some laudable projects

2 Likes

Re: Accounts Officer Testifies Against Akpobolokemi, Confirms N67.5 Million Transfer by Shortyy(f): 9:58am On May 04, 2016
kuuljay:
Wailers where are you? One of your own is witch hunted here, come and throw tantrums grin grin grin grin they be like who have they convicted? I say I wished efcc has the power to convict so me thing they don't know
What's this one on about?

5 Likes

Re: Accounts Officer Testifies Against Akpobolokemi, Confirms N67.5 Million Transfer by iyatrustee(f): 9:58am On May 04, 2016
The kind of monies you hear that has been stolen from our coffers, the money no dey finish ni?

6 Likes

Re: Accounts Officer Testifies Against Akpobolokemi, Confirms N67.5 Million Transfer by Burger01(m): 9:58am On May 04, 2016
We need a scapegoat. Just nail someone and give him death sentence by hanging. I hate Nigerian judiciary system....too tardy angry

2 Likes

Re: Accounts Officer Testifies Against Akpobolokemi, Confirms N67.5 Million Transfer by Sunymoore(m): 9:58am On May 04, 2016
Hmm
Re: Accounts Officer Testifies Against Akpobolokemi, Confirms N67.5 Million Transfer by Chuksemi(m): 10:01am On May 04, 2016
Jonathan's tenure was worse than Abacha's. The kind of money stolen can make you cry. Thank God for Buhari, here to sanitise the system.

Must it always be this easterners?? Wailers come and eat oh.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Accounts Officer Testifies Against Akpobolokemi, Confirms N67.5 Million Transfer by adezjamz(m): 10:01am On May 04, 2016
Will someone tell Buhari we have 7months left in 2016.

This is what happens when the leader of the past are leading in the future.

1 Like

Re: Accounts Officer Testifies Against Akpobolokemi, Confirms N67.5 Million Transfer by secnelly: 10:02am On May 04, 2016
This is serious
Re: Accounts Officer Testifies Against Akpobolokemi, Confirms N67.5 Million Transfer by macaranta(m): 10:02am On May 04, 2016
Okay
Re: Accounts Officer Testifies Against Akpobolokemi, Confirms N67.5 Million Transfer by SalesConsultant(m): 10:02am On May 04, 2016
allenuzoma:
keeping ma arms crossed until someone goes to jail...all this propaganda ain't taking us anywhere....

I'm tired broo.

The economy is good as dead. So sad!
Re: Accounts Officer Testifies Against Akpobolokemi, Confirms N67.5 Million Transfer by ItuExchange(m): 10:03am On May 04, 2016
Many high-ranking executives are guilty of this.

Neteller here: .com.ng

1 Like

Re: Accounts Officer Testifies Against Akpobolokemi, Confirms N67.5 Million Transfer by TOPCRUISE(m): 10:03am On May 04, 2016
Shortyy:
What's this one on about?
Wailer identified

2 Likes

Re: Accounts Officer Testifies Against Akpobolokemi, Confirms N67.5 Million Transfer by hushshinani(m): 10:04am On May 04, 2016
this people don carry money die...
so so plenty millions and billions...
Shai Baba welldone for good work... Hush!!!

5 Likes

Re: Accounts Officer Testifies Against Akpobolokemi, Confirms N67.5 Million Transfer by sammyj: 10:05am On May 04, 2016
It's high time we decide what the penalties for this demons called alleged looters. One i believe the Masses will just put all of them together in one furnace and burn them for destroying the future of this country !! angry angry angry shocked undecided

1 Like

Re: Accounts Officer Testifies Against Akpobolokemi, Confirms N67.5 Million Transfer by kingarizona1(m): 10:06am On May 04, 2016
Chuksemi:
Jonathan's tenure was worse than Abacha's. The kind of money stolen can make you cry. Thank God for Buhari, here to sanitise the system.

Another masquerade spotted. I'm sure you're one of the people your Lia Mohammed created jobs for, I'm still looking for the remaining 999. #Zombie does Patrick Ziakele Akpobolokemi sound like an Eastern name!?

2 Likes

Re: Accounts Officer Testifies Against Akpobolokemi, Confirms N67.5 Million Transfer by Nobody: 10:07am On May 04, 2016
allenuzoma:
i don see one of dem, make una dey show una selve o
Re: Accounts Officer Testifies Against Akpobolokemi, Confirms N67.5 Million Transfer by jessy12: 10:07am On May 04, 2016
Chuksemi:

I thought Abacha did not steal money, according to ur MASTER

2 Likes

Re: Accounts Officer Testifies Against Akpobolokemi, Confirms N67.5 Million Transfer by jessy12: 10:08am On May 04, 2016
I thought Abacha did not steal money, according to ur MASTER

1 Like

Re: Accounts Officer Testifies Against Akpobolokemi, Confirms N67.5 Million Transfer by Pranxta(m): 10:10am On May 04, 2016
c
Re: Accounts Officer Testifies Against Akpobolokemi, Confirms N67.5 Million Transfer by 9jatatafo(m): 10:13am On May 04, 2016
Let me speak like one our Naija prophets here. In my vision I see nobody going to jail, it's all noise making and public stunting
Re: Accounts Officer Testifies Against Akpobolokemi, Confirms N67.5 Million Transfer by persius555(m): 10:17am On May 04, 2016
Burger01:
We need a scapegoat. Just nail someone and give him death sentence by hanging. I hate Nigerian judiciary system....too tardy angry
There is no justice in nigeria justice system. A sharia court would have been appropriate, but in nigeria $hit happens.
Re: Accounts Officer Testifies Against Akpobolokemi, Confirms N67.5 Million Transfer by DaBullIT(m): 10:24am On May 04, 2016
But it's all media trial and witch hunt

Gospel according to wailers
Re: Accounts Officer Testifies Against Akpobolokemi, Confirms N67.5 Million Transfer by omobaekiti: 10:32am On May 04, 2016
allenuzoma:
are you suggesting they jail him without trial?cos I don't get what you are saying,and do point the propaganda out...is it the confirmation from the account officer or that he was taken to court yesterday and would be in court today...I just want to know.
Re: Accounts Officer Testifies Against Akpobolokemi, Confirms N67.5 Million Transfer by wink2015(m): 10:34am On May 04, 2016
[size=15pt]Akpobolokemi was recommended to President Jonathan by Tompolo for the position of Director General of Nimasa. Despite his deficiency Jonathan turn his eyes and made him a DG. Unfortunately, he failed to use his good office to bring development to the maritime industry or his delta ijaw community.

The money meant for the development of the maritime industry particularly the National Maritime Unversity. He embezzled it.
[/size]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Court Hears IPOB's Application Against Proscription Today / Prophet Owa’s Bombshell: Nigeria ’ll Break Into Three / See What My Akwa Ibom Friend Gave Me This Afternoon . Picture.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.