Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,269 members, 7,780,603 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:27 PM

I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? - Jobs/Vacancies (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? (41088 Views)

If You Have Been Scammed By This Number 08064553565 Come In / Help! I Have Been Scammed / How I've Been Coping With This Unemployment After Nysc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by Tbells91(f): 9:39am On May 06, 2016
folks4luv:

I think some are really genuine out there, to identify them , just look out for some signs, like you just experienced, asking for money before giving you a job. I don't think any serious agency should do that.

Ohh OK! I'll send you a pm..
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by Tbells91(f): 9:43am On May 06, 2016
[quote author=alexandraa post=45340244][/quote]

Didn't know..I think I sought opinion from the wrong person.. Thanks
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by Tbells91(f): 9:47am On May 06, 2016
Kathyl:

And your mouth na 'pass'. Is that the proper way to address someone in such situation?

Thank you o! Guess he got his opportunity and decided to use it.. Even those that are currently helping with the situation didn't insult me. Thanks again!

1 Like

Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by Tbells91(f): 9:48am On May 06, 2016
femi4:
she complained to you

I don't have to..
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by folks4luv(f): 9:49am On May 06, 2016
Tbells91:

Ohh OK! I'll send you a pm..
Okie's. I'll be waiting
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by femi4: 9:51am On May 06, 2016
Tbells91:

I don't have to..
You never complained to me either
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by femi4: 9:55am On May 06, 2016
Tbells91:

Thank you o! Guess he got his opportunity and decided to use it.. Even those that are currently helping with the situation didn't insult me. Thanks again!
Why do you have to wait for his response before you speak your mind?

You could had done this directly to me in your initial post
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by Tbells91(f): 12:17pm On May 06, 2016
femi4:
Why do you have to wait for his response before you speak your mind?

You could had done this directly to me in your initial post

That's because I wanted you to enjoy the moment! I really don't have a problem with the insult..I expected it.
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by Tbells91(f): 12:27pm On May 06, 2016
femi4:
You never complained to me either

I'm still not complaining.. She stood up for me and I showed my appreciation!
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by fretfingers: 2:33pm On May 06, 2016
Tbells91:

I'm still not complaining.. She stood up for me and I showed my appreciation!

As s/he replied your bbm msgs to h(er/im) yet?

I added h(er/im) on my bbm and s/he sent a BC about some ushering job for a seminar...
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by EmeraldKemi: 3:02pm On May 06, 2016
Technology has gone beyond that.
all you need is the account number.
then log into your bank internet banking
do as if you want to do another transfer, type the number, it will bring out the name.
sorry about the cash tho

Tbells91:

That's exactly why I'm here.. What do you think? I have the account details but I don't think the bank will give out customers info..
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by SamOgasco(m): 3:47pm On May 06, 2016
EmeraldKemi:
Technology has gone beyond that.
all you need is the account number.
then log into your bank internet banking
do as if you want to do another transfer, type the number, it will bring out the name.
sorry about the cash tho

It only brings out the account name and not the full info of the account owner. OK?
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by Megaideas(f): 4:20pm On May 06, 2016
Whenever you are desperate for something, you will fall mugu several times. How can you be looking for job and you are paying money for it? Where did you get the money from? Chai! It's not your fault anyway; it's Nigerian factor, that's what obtains in Nigeria. You sent money to an online fraudster whom you don't know at all. Naturally, you have been scammed. But you should just forgive youself and move on with your job search. May God help you.
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by odimbannamdi(m): 4:40pm On May 06, 2016
I have followed this thread from the first day it was created and I am quite impressed with how willing nairalanders are willing to help the OP recover her money.

OP, sorry about your loss. But I have a very strong conviction in my spirit that the money can be recovered. Either by using security operatives or setting the scammer up.

A lot of people have offered workable solutions and some have even asked that you contact them personally. Sieve through the suggestions and contact them asap.

With the advancement of technology today, scammers will find it difficult to get away with crime, particular those whose booty were received through well-documented institutions like banks.

Just be hopeful.
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by Tbells91(f): 6:31pm On May 06, 2016
fretfingers:

As s/he replied your bbm msgs to h(er/im) yet?

I added h(er/im) on my bbm and s/he sent a BC about some ushering job for a seminar...

No.. And he has stopped sending me BC's too
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by Tbells91(f): 6:33pm On May 06, 2016
Megaideas:
Whenever you are desperate for something, you will fall mugu several times. How can you be looking for job and you are paying money for it? Where did you get the money from? Chai! It's not your fault anyway; it's Nigerian factor, that's what obtains in Nigeria. You sent money to an online fraudster whom you don't know at all. Naturally, you have been scammed. But you should just forgive youself and move on with your job search. May God help you.

Amen.. Thank you!
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by Tbells91(f): 6:34pm On May 06, 2016
odimbannamdi:
I have followed this thread from the first day it was created and I am quite impressed with how willing nairalanders are willing to help the OP recover her money.

OP, sorry about your loss. But I have a very strong conviction in my spirit that the money can be recovered. Either by using security operatives or setting the scammer up.

A lot of people have offered workable solutions and some have even asked that you contact them personally. Sieve through the suggestions and contact them asap.

With the advancement of technology today, scammers will find it difficult to get away with crime, particular those whose booty were received through well-documented institutions like banks.

Just be hopeful.

Yeah! Thank you very much! I'm taking the necessary steps as suggested!
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by fretfingers: 11:03pm On May 06, 2016
Tbells91:

No.. And he has stopped sending me BC's too

Hmmm...

That probably means u r no longer on his contact list...
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by Nickymezor(f): 12:07am On May 07, 2016
Hmmm, scammers every whr...Lord help us
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by drphantom: 7:02am On May 07, 2016
Tbells91:
I know I'm gonna get lots of insults for this but please don't forget to add your constructive advice to the insults. Thanks in advance..

I'm a Graduate seeking employment and have bills to pay.. I joined some channels on BBM where I get lots of information, some time ago, someone posted a BBM pin of a person who offers ushering/weekend jobs. Being broke and needing to get some legal and fast money, I added the pin and it happened to be a woman.

She sends BC's of jobs she has and most times she'll tell me I can't do jobs like that cz I'm a Muslim and I wear hijab. She said if I can pay agency fee to her friend, I could get ushering jobs from him.

She has been on my list since February and we talk once in a while, last week she said there was a 3day job in ikeja and I could participate if I paid 7k as agency fee. Without thinking, I transferred 7k to the account number she gave me and even invited 3 of my friends who also paid. I asked her for the address of the venue but she said I should wait till she finished compiling the names of the girls that had paid, so that she could send it to the agent and then get the address. This was Wednesday night.

On Thursday morning, we got ready and set out to beat the traffic from Alagbado to ikeja hoping she would send the address since she said the event was to start by 11am. We got to ikeja some minutes to 11 and then she said we couldn't work last week, we should bear with her and she would fix us for this week. I started pinging her and sent her a whole lot of messages but she didn't reply.. I asked for her number but she said she doesn't give her number to clients.

On Friday, she later replied and said I shouldn't worry, that we would work on Tuesday and Wednesday this week. And that she couldn't refund the money cz she has added our names to the list already and if we don't work on Tuesday and Wednesday, she will give us our money.

Yesterday was Tuesday, she hasn't replied any of my messages since Sunday but she has been reading them. But she still hasn't deleted me and the other people I gave her pin to.

What do you guys think? I'll post the information I have if needed.. Thanks in advance and please go easy on me!

Pls mod in charge! Help do the needful.. Thank you!

This fraud. Threaten her with making it a police case. You have her bank details which means you potentially have a verified link to her.

Plus I hope you have not deleted all the conversation with her on bbm?

You have all th evidence you need to make her life miserable

1 Like

Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by hemanuelmoc(m): 2:07pm On May 07, 2016
@Tbells91, am beginning to believe you havebeen scammed finally. I will like to know the outcome I don't know if I should ask for your pin before people will say am looking 4 E-date. But my chat with her abi na him is pointing towards scam, but I dey wait make she/him ask me to pay.
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by chidarlus(m): 9:38pm On May 07, 2016
Tbells91:

But why is she not replying.. She's been reading my messages.. And a business person should have a business number at least..
my dear!!!!...dont know wat else to say....mayb he/she is ashamed or still working on it and dont know what to say to u, hence his/her cold shoulder ish behaviour .......if only you go gree.....just let every every go, its part of many lessons that make you wiser(lyk me...lol), stronger and above all... a good story teller
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by chidarlus(m): 10:01pm On May 07, 2016
1forall:

Which true business owner withholds their number from clients??

It looks like you've been cheated. Sorry about that.
lets face d truth...a lot of business owners dont give out dia numbers, some prefer a particular method of contact...I personally dont give my cellular number out....it helps to separate personal live from work
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by chidarlus(m): 10:05pm On May 07, 2016
femi4:
Your mumu na first class. Na man scammed you. He was using a female dp cos its easier to believe a woman. No wonder, he couldn't provide you with phone no.

Moving on, you sound desperate and only desperate people get scammed easily.

Stop being desperate!
true talk....but nor nid for d attack na!!!
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by bunmiano: 8:42pm On May 08, 2016
HateU2:
kiss kiss
I smell something
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by Nobody: 8:52pm On May 08, 2016
bunmiano:

I smell something
Wat
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by Tbells91(f): 10:25pm On May 09, 2016
chidarlus:
my dear!!!!...dont know wat else to say....mayb he/she is ashamed or still working on it and dont know what to say to u, hence his/her cold shoulder ish behaviour .......if only you go gree.....just let every every go, its part of many lessons that make you wiser(lyk me...lol), stronger and above all... a good story teller

Yeah right! I'm letting the money go but I want him to be stopped if possible..
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by Tbells91(f): 10:26pm On May 09, 2016
fretfingers:

Hmmm...

That probably means u r no longer on his contact list...

Yeah.. Just confirmed it!
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by bunmiano: 2:14am On May 10, 2016
HateU2:
Wat
never mind dear
Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by Getfun: 12:40pm On May 10, 2016
The person is a scammer and he is going to be caught soon, I added him, played along, he gave me same account no and name, same agency fee of 7k for instant placement,immediately I demanded his phone no, I deleted me quickly, his case has been reported and he will be caught soon, except if he doesn't walk on the soil, op, waiting to share his story as soon as he is caught,

1 Like

Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by Musici: 9:49am On May 11, 2016
Beware for those lukin 4 ushering job.many scammers are out dere now.bb 2b1d03de(drud agency),5c43e330(starlite) and many more. do not pay any reg fee at al.if dey cnt take frm the first job dont ansa dem.anybody that has bk conectn starlite:kadei onyekachukwu peter acces bk: 0008602091,the oda 1 name is emmanuel akuna(or sumtin lik dat bolton agency)

1 Like

Re: I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? by alexandraa: 4:18pm On May 12, 2016
Tbells91:
This is the account details: Esimike Jude 6237711585 Fidelity bank.
And this is the lady's pin: 25b19f98
I'll post her pictures as soon as I can! Thanks
I feel the person is actually a guy not a lady sef.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Npower - Just Received This Text Message From NPOWER / Masters Degree Holder Spotted Seeking Job By Showing His Credentials On Placard / Never Pay Money To Buy These 3 Courses Again...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.