Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,420 members, 7,808,508 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:48 PM

Everything About Admission And Scholarships - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Everything About Admission And Scholarships (2190 Views)

Istanbul Aydin University Admission And Scholarships Application... / Advice On France Student Admission And Visa / Norway Admission And Free Tuition Fees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Everything About Admission And Scholarships by nairacountry(m): 12:17pm On May 04, 2016
Hello everyone,
I think we can actually have a thread wholly dedicated to admission seekers in any of the immigrants friendly countries (be it Europe, North/South America, Caribbeans and even Africa). Especially those schools of sound academic excellence couple with cheap tuition fees

It will shock many people to know that there are colleges / universities as cheap as Cad$6000 for Master's prog Website: http://www.uottawa.ca/en and some with scholarship for exceptional students in school.
To crown it all, these processes are DIY; you don't have to pay any agent in order to get admission.
Note: some are far cheaper than this, reason for this thread.
Comments from [/b]Nigerians in diaspora [b] currently enjoying these largesse will go a long way in helping someone today so that down the line, somebody could testify of getting admission via your input.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Everything About Admission And Scholarships by joeeboi1(m): 2:47am On May 05, 2016
If you are talking of helping someone, you are definitely talking about me.. I'd stay glu to this thread hopefully gurus in the house will set sail.
Re: Everything About Admission And Scholarships by stunning4real: 7:55am On May 05, 2016
Staying glue to this thread. Thanks OP
Re: Everything About Admission And Scholarships by Danny4show(m): 8:11am On May 06, 2016
Good to be here... nice one@op thumbs up... let us all storm this thread.....

1 Like

Re: Everything About Admission And Scholarships by peter1994(m): 9:23am On May 06, 2016
nice one.
I've been looking forward to this
Re: Everything About Admission And Scholarships by nairacountry(m): 10:35am On May 06, 2016
Good to know 'you' are not alone.
The rate at which people get admission and scholarship opportunities abroad without any hazzle will surprise you and me. However, if one lack the rightful information especially at the right time, one may spend another whole full calendar year roaming planet earth.

The truth is that, many of these 1st-world countries lack human materials and expertise in one sector or the other and we as a country are blessed with hard working populace.
I would have gotten a very good scholarship for my sibling assuming he is into ICT.
So,lets share ideas and opportunities, then sky would be our starting point.

Good People. Great Nation

3 Likes

Re: Everything About Admission And Scholarships by dbay01(m): 10:49pm On May 16, 2016
Nice thread, wanted to write an entirely new thread on winning scholarship. Just won a full scholarship to start my masters in Belgium. For now, i will advice you register for regular scholarship updates from various scholarship advertising sites. Check out these sites:
www.afterschoolafrica.com
www.scholars4dev.com
www.scholarship-positions.com
I will be available to answer all your various questions. Best of luck
Re: Everything About Admission And Scholarships by Nobody: 7:16am On May 17, 2016
hi. Please can someone with a 2:2 in psychology stand a chance to
win scholarship in Belgium? If so, what do you advice him to do and
could you please recommend some schools to aid the search? Thank you.
dbay01:
Nice thread, wanted to write an entirely new thread on winning scholarship. Just won a full scholarship to start my masters in Belgium. For now, i will advice you register for regular scholarship updates from various scholarship advertising sites. Check out these sites:
www.scholars4dev.com
Re: Everything About Admission And Scholarships by dbay01(m): 9:12pm On May 17, 2016
sirRiddy:
hi. Please can someone with a 2:2 in psychology stand a chance to
win scholarship in Belgium? If so, what do you advice him to do and
could you please recommend some schools to aid the search? Thank you.
Well, the efforts lie with u. 'Google search' for schools that offer ur preferred course in the particular country of ur choice. Most times, scholarship organizations/schools favour students with high grades and/or students with leadership potentials. Always check eligibility requirements of each scholarship to see if you can apply or not.
Best of luck!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Everything About Admission And Scholarships by Neyoalao(m): 1:09am On May 18, 2016
nairacountry:
Good to know 'you' are not alone.
The rate at which people get admission and scholarship opportunities abroad without any hazzle will surprise you and me. However, if one lack the rightful information especially at the right time, one may spend another whole full calendar year roaming planet earth.

The truth is that, many of these 1st-world countries lack human materials and expertise in one sector or the other and we as a country are blessed with hard working populace.
I would have gotten a very good scholarship for my sibling assuming he is into ICT.
So,lets share ideas and opportunities, then sky would be our starting point.

Good People. Great Nation
expansiate on how you could have gotten the scholarship for your brother and sites and information needed for anyone interested in scholarship opportunities
Re: Everything About Admission And Scholarships by Neyoalao(m): 1:13am On May 18, 2016
dbay01:
www.scholars4dev.com
sir can you please give hints on how you applied what your grades were like just to help those of us interested too
Re: Everything About Admission And Scholarships by dbay01(m): 1:31am On May 18, 2016
Neyoalao:

sir can you please give hints on how you applied what your grades were like just to help those of us interested too
I started by searching for scholarships offered by different countries as well as receiving updates from some scholarship advertising sites. After checking what their requirements were, I tried to get my documents ready. Most scholarships will require the following:
*Academic transcript
*Proof of English Language Proficiency (if it's an English taught program) I wrote an IELTS test in my case.
*International passport (this could be submitted later,depending on the scholarship provider)
*Motivation letter/statement of purpose
*Reference letters etc
I graduated with a first class but I have seen cases where 2-1 students won a similar scholarship.
Re: Everything About Admission And Scholarships by mariosam(m): 8:42am On May 18, 2016
Please,i will like to see what your letter of motivation/ statement of purpose looks like .All I have seen online, looks too abstract to me.i will love to see that of a homegrown nigerian.
Re: Everything About Admission And Scholarships by mariosam(m): 8:43am On May 18, 2016
Please,i will like to see what your letter of motivation/ statement of purpose looks like .All I have seen online, looks too abstract to me.i will love to see that of a homegrown nigerian.

Thanks
Re: Everything About Admission And Scholarships by nairacountry(m): 10:24am On May 18, 2016
dbay01:
www.scholars4dev.com

Congrats on this opportunity to broaden your knowledge in your field.
And thanks for sharing. By the way Wat course of studying is that?

Neyoalao:

expansiate on how you could have gotten the scholarship for your brother and sites and information needed for anyone interested in scholarship opportunities

I once bumped into a website giving African students scholarship to study ICT in their country. It was a good package but my brothers have social sciences backgrounds not infotech as a prerequisite for the said admission.
It was more than a year now, can't really place the country again (seems Vietnam) let alone the web.
A thread like this would have come handy as a place to notify peeps that met the scholarship criteria
Re: Everything About Admission And Scholarships by dbay01(m): 12:08am On May 19, 2016
nairacountry:

Congrats on this opportunity to broaden your knowledge in your field.
And thanks for sharing. By the way Wat course of studying is that?

I once bumped into a website giving African students scholarship to study ICT in their country. It was a good package but my brothers have social sciences backgrounds not infotech as a prerequisite for the said admission.
It was more than a year now, can't really place the country again (seems Vietnam) let alone the web.
A thread like this would have come handy as a place to notify peeps that met the scholarship criteria

My pleasure sir. I studied Food Sciences and technology.

1 Like

Re: Everything About Admission And Scholarships by adeyinka09: 7:51am On May 19, 2016
dbay01:

My pleasure sir. I studied Food Sciences and technology.
Wow wow! Congrats Bayooo. In short am really happy for you. We need to talk. Will send u pm rite away
Re: Everything About Admission And Scholarships by nairacountry(m): 9:33am On May 19, 2016
Hello, we need more people like dbay01 on this thread so that scholarship hopeful can gain/learn from what you have or currently enjoying.
Thanks as you be your brothers' keeper
Re: Everything About Admission And Scholarships by Neyoalao(m): 11:03am On May 19, 2016
seconded we need first hand information please
Re: Everything About Admission And Scholarships by usenjay: 12:13am On May 21, 2016
I studied Electrical/Electronics Engineering n am HND graduate, and want to do master with it
Re: Everything About Admission And Scholarships by tripoli007(m): 4:22pm On Jul 13, 2016
[quote author=dbay01 post=45687304]Nice thread, wanted to write an entirely new thread on winning scholarship. Just won a full scholarship to start my masters in Belgium. For now, i will advice you register for regular scholarship updates from various scholarship advertising sites. Check out these sites:
www.scholars4dev.com
I will be available to answer all your various questions. Best of luck[/quote

I graduated last year with a 2:2 in electrical/electronic engineering any hope for scholarship program me in Europe ?I will really appreciate if there's any assistance you can render

(1) (Reply)

Bolivia Visa Attention / 25 Airports That Are Best Avoided / Liberia Passport?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.