Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,467 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:25 PM

Nigerian Family Plunge From 4-storey Building In South Korea(Pic) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Family Plunge From 4-storey Building In South Korea(Pic) (28635 Views)

Four Generations Nigerian Family Photo / Lesbianism: Nigerian Family Disowns Daughter In Italy / 20 Pictures Last Borns Of A Typical Nigerian Family Can Relate To (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Family Plunge From 4-storey Building In South Korea(Pic) by dre11(m): 1:53pm On May 04, 2016
Nigerian woman, three kids survive plunge from 4-storey building in South Korea

By Emma Emeozor

A Nigerian woman and her three children trapped on the fourth storey of a burning building in Pyeongtaek, South Korea, miraculously survived without injuries.

In her bid to draw public attention to the nightmare, the 30-year-old woman, identified as Mrs Precious Enyioko, dangled her baby through the window as smoke billows from two floors below. This drew the attention of onlookers, who screamed and waved their hands as she held out her terrified one-year-old infant whose legs were kicking furiously before dropping her to the crowd. But this was after Airmen persuaded her to throw the kids from the building.

Another three-year-old child followed, then another four-year-old, before the woman leaped from the window, the only escape route, CNN reported. Remarkably, all survived without injury. United States Air Force Master, Sgt. Daniel Raimondo, told CNN he was walking to dinner at the weekend when he saw clouds of smoke and set off in that direction.

On assessing the scene, Raimondo and a colleague discussed how to help and resolved to get some blankets from a nearby store.

They corralled others to help hold the blankets, then tried to persuade the mother to drop her children to safety. First, Sgt. Melanie Scott said the woman was understandably reluctant to let go of her children. “You could tell she was scared. She didn’t want to,” Scott said.

Raimondo said the “last baby was the most difficult in my eyes, she just wouldn’t let her go for some reason.” He said he repeatedly begged the mother: “Please just throw the baby down! I remember her screaming (at) the baby, “I love you, I love you. …” Next thing you know she dropped the baby.”

“You’re alive!” By this time, the mother had to jump. “The smoke and the fire was just horrendous,” Raimondo said. “You could barely even see her at that point.” The woman fell more heavily than the children and hit the ground beneath the blanket, but someone had had the foresight to put cushions underneath it,” he said.

“We carried her into a safe location into a salon,” he said. “I just kept yelling and talking to her, ‘You’re alive! You’re alive!’. She flew like Supergirl.”

On Monday, the rescued family met the people who saved their lives and thanked them.

“I don’t know how I would explain my thanks,” said the children’s father, Prince Enyioko.

“I was so surprised, I see the people gathering here to rescue my family, especially the military.”

Raimondo said he sat with the first child to be rescued in the aftermath Saturday and held her while her mother, suffering from smoke inhalation, sat in shock. “I let her know that she was very brave and she flew like Supergirl. She just smiled,” he said. “It was an emotional experience. The good news is they made it through alive.”

http://sunnewsonline.com/nigerian-woman-three-kids-survive-plunge-from-4-storey-building-in-south-korea/

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Family Plunge From 4-storey Building In South Korea(Pic) by gunuvi(m): 1:57pm On May 04, 2016
Glory be to God.

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Family Plunge From 4-storey Building In South Korea(Pic) by IRserveMyComent(f): 2:54pm On May 04, 2016
And the four all made it alive. To to God be the glory.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Family Plunge From 4-storey Building In South Korea(Pic) by ijustdey: 3:46pm On May 04, 2016
In her bid to draw public attention to the
nightmare, the 30-year-old woman, identified as
Mrs Precious Enyioko, dangled her baby through
the window as smoke billows from two floors
below. This drew the attention of onlookers, who
screamed and waved their hands as she held out
her terrified one-year-old infant whose legs were
kicking furiously before dropping her to the
crowd. But this was after Airmen per

I doff my hat for the woman for quick thinking and focusing on how to salvage the situation than just wailing and crying her self to death.....

her quick thinking safe her and her 3 lovely children...

more pictures of them....

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Family Plunge From 4-storey Building In South Korea(Pic) by wayne4loan: 4:07pm On May 04, 2016
The bond between a good mother and her children is unexplainable

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Family Plunge From 4-storey Building In South Korea(Pic) by KnowMore: 4:07pm On May 04, 2016
God is truly a wonder working God of all nation. grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Family Plunge From 4-storey Building In South Korea(Pic) by tolexy007(m): 4:07pm On May 04, 2016
shocked
Re: Nigerian Family Plunge From 4-storey Building In South Korea(Pic) by RaeMystix: 4:09pm On May 04, 2016
ijustdey:

I doff my hat for the woman for quick thinking and focusing on how to salvage the situation than just wailing and crying her self to death.....

That's an example of African sense.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Family Plunge From 4-storey Building In South Korea(Pic) by abat4real37(f): 4:09pm On May 04, 2016
thank God for their life
Re: Nigerian Family Plunge From 4-storey Building In South Korea(Pic) by Nobody: 4:10pm On May 04, 2016
If only we Nigerians can fully utilize the potentials of our intuition
in decision making . . .
We are really blessed with wisdom, but our evil thoughts is an hindrance
to it manifestation.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Family Plunge From 4-storey Building In South Korea(Pic) by kenbee(f): 4:10pm On May 04, 2016
Small Time, Lying Muhammed will say that the Miracle was as a result of GMB Overseas travel

17 Likes

Re: Nigerian Family Plunge From 4-storey Building In South Korea(Pic) by gurunlocker: 4:10pm On May 04, 2016
Na everywhere Nigerians dey.... congrats tho

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Family Plunge From 4-storey Building In South Korea(Pic) by mhizbright: 4:11pm On May 04, 2016
its the work of God o. thank God for their lives cool

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Family Plunge From 4-storey Building In South Korea(Pic) by Bigdreams(m): 4:11pm On May 04, 2016
Thank God all of them are safe.

Check my signature
Re: Nigerian Family Plunge From 4-storey Building In South Korea(Pic) by Precious91(m): 4:12pm On May 04, 2016
Smart thinking there woman.Thank God the rescuers are not selfie takers who are more interested in taking pics than rescuing people

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Family Plunge From 4-storey Building In South Korea(Pic) by hemartins(m): 4:12pm On May 04, 2016
Thank God for their lives
Re: Nigerian Family Plunge From 4-storey Building In South Korea(Pic) by JeffreyJamez(m): 4:12pm On May 04, 2016
ijustdey:

Exactly!.....some will sit down and be shouting Jesus

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Family Plunge From 4-storey Building In South Korea(Pic) by ChiefTortoise(m): 4:15pm On May 04, 2016
If to say na dis 9ja oooo, 1 some people go dey take pictures. 2 some people go dey wail and weep without taking action.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Family Plunge From 4-storey Building In South Korea(Pic) by Nobody: 4:15pm On May 04, 2016
Nigerians are doing well

- The woman fell more heavily than the children - Chai Garri and Akpu sef grin
- I love you, I love you...she said to the baby kiss
- Prince Enyioko sef wink

Listening to Chief Osita Steven Osadebe's Ije Awele, an amazing song

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Family Plunge From 4-storey Building In South Korea(Pic) by cold(m): 4:16pm On May 04, 2016
Sigh...where exactly does god come in here? Thankful to the S Koreans who held up the blankets and the one who had the presence of mind to put cushions underneath to absorb the shock of the fall. If not for these kind hearted folks,this family would have dropped to their deaths because god isn't going to spread his 'loving' arms to cushion their fall. I'm at a loss on what role god played here.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Family Plunge From 4-storey Building In South Korea(Pic) by Nobody: 4:16pm On May 04, 2016
Thank you Lord for saving these lives.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Family Plunge From 4-storey Building In South Korea(Pic) by Lilimax(f): 4:16pm On May 04, 2016
So thoughtful of the people around them in helping rescuing them alive.
If it were to be Naija, most of them will be thinking on how to snap the picture and post on the social media embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Family Plunge From 4-storey Building In South Korea(Pic) by RichDad1(m): 4:18pm On May 04, 2016
Lucky them. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Family Plunge From 4-storey Building In South Korea(Pic) by olutop(m): 4:19pm On May 04, 2016
Na dis kind brain our ladies need b4 venturing into gvn birtj cryNa dis kind brain our ladies need b4 venturing into gvn birth
Re: Nigerian Family Plunge From 4-storey Building In South Korea(Pic) by sibb2011: 4:20pm On May 04, 2016
Miraculous God! How Wonderful You u Are. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Family Plunge From 4-storey Building In South Korea(Pic) by Excuzeme: 4:20pm On May 04, 2016
ijustdey:

WRONG, dude!

Its NOT her "quick thinking" that saved her.
It is the SELFLESS ATTITUDE of the Citizens and bystanders that saved her!

Let me explain:
*Would you think she could have survived if "neighbours" did not encourage her to jump?
*Did you think she would have survived if they did not gather blankets to catch her jump?
*Do you think she would not have crashed landed/died if someone did not have the sense to put CUSHIONS under the Blanket (due to her heavy weight)?

Now, if this happened in Nigeria, l can assure you two things would have taken place:

1) Most of us will be too busy "video-recording" how someone was about to jump to her death, with three children, so we can sell the video and use it to MAKE MONEY ON OUR BLOGS!

2.) Others would have been planing on how to rob whatever was on her, after she had jumped to her death! or have you not seen "my people" robbing accident victims, instead of helping them with first aid of transport to a hospital?

Our Society is so "morally decadent" that we need a MORAL REVOLUTION..... even more violent than the ones those Criminal-Senators of ours deserved!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Family Plunge From 4-storey Building In South Korea(Pic) by obaival(m): 4:24pm On May 04, 2016
A New word had just been resently added to d English language and guess what?d word is Buhari which is a verb meaning travelling(to go)eg :I buharied to Enugu last week and currently buharing to asaba and will soon buhari to London next week! Feel free to use d word anywhere and anytime
Re: Nigerian Family Plunge From 4-storey Building In South Korea(Pic) by Kgdavid(m): 4:28pm On May 04, 2016
RaeMystix:

That's an example of African sense.

African sense indeed.

Better wake up and smell the coffee.
Re: Nigerian Family Plunge From 4-storey Building In South Korea(Pic) by ckmayoca: 4:30pm On May 04, 2016
See everyone shouting nigerians nigerians instead of to congratulate her. If na crime she commit now na Name dem go dey look as if say she no be nigerian. Congratulation woman for cheating death.
Re: Nigerian Family Plunge From 4-storey Building In South Korea(Pic) by sleeknick: 4:31pm On May 04, 2016
they pulled off some Jackie Chan and Bruce Lee shiii...nice one
Re: Nigerian Family Plunge From 4-storey Building In South Korea(Pic) by Nature129(m): 4:31pm On May 04, 2016
So if they asked me which country my aunty/sister is, I will say South Korea. Nna, Nigerians dey try o...smh

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Son Pranks His Mother, Tells Her That Their TV Is Touchscreen / Vera Ogbebor: Battle For Child Custody / Man, His Wife & Child Burnt In Their House In Imo State (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.