Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,821 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:15 AM

What Rank Would An ND2 Certificate Holder Occupy In The Nigerian Army? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Rank Would An ND2 Certificate Holder Occupy In The Nigerian Army? (78157 Views)

'Major Dagger' Drilling Students At The Nigerian Army Depot / Become A Globally Relevant B.sc And M.sc Certificate Holder With Acca Qualificat / The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Rank Would An ND2 Certificate Holder Occupy In The Nigerian Army? by Nobody: 6:10pm On May 04, 2016
My very good friend wants to join the Nigerian Army next year, by then he must have completed his National Diploma programme. I know he won't be taken as a recruit, but what rank would he occupy(if any), and what advantage would he get over an SSCE holder?
Re: What Rank Would An ND2 Certificate Holder Occupy In The Nigerian Army? by harryhenry02: 6:34pm On May 04, 2016
for Nigerian Army. you start with private just like those that applied with SSCE.

but under Nigerian Navy, you will be given Seaman if you grasuated with a Lower Credit, but if you have upper credit, you will be promoted to Able Seaman

I think Air Force follow the Footsteps of the Nigerian Navy too

73 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Rank Would An ND2 Certificate Holder Occupy In The Nigerian Army? by Nobody: 7:16pm On May 04, 2016
harryhenry02:
for Nigerian Army. you start with private just like those that applied with SSCE.

but under Nigerian Navy, you will be given Seaman if you grasuated with a Lower Credit, but if you have upper credit, you will be promoted to Able Seaman

Would navy require swimming experience? Cos the dude can't swim much.

6 Likes

Re: What Rank Would An ND2 Certificate Holder Occupy In The Nigerian Army? by karnap(m): 11:45am On Sep 26, 2017
PoshBoss007:

navy required swimming, he most have to learn how to swim,until then GOODLUCK to him.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Rank Would An ND2 Certificate Holder Occupy In The Nigerian Army? by Justice666: 3:26pm On Dec 22, 2019
Someone with second class lower what rank.will they give him.in Nigeria navy

1 Like

Re: What Rank Would An ND2 Certificate Holder Occupy In The Nigerian Army? by Tenifayo23: 5:17pm On Dec 22, 2019
PoshBoss007:
My very good friend wants to join the Nigerian Army next year, by then he must have completed his National Diploma programme. I know he won't be taken as a recruit, but what rank would he occupy(if any), and what advantage would he get over an SSCE holder?
My sincere advice to you or your friend, tell him to hold on and finish his education first before thinking of joining the military.

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Rank Would An ND2 Certificate Holder Occupy In The Nigerian Army? by Tenifayo23: 5:25pm On Dec 22, 2019
harryhenry02:

You are wrong concerning your assertion on Nigerian Navy but not sure about Nigerian Air Force. If you join the Navy with OND except you are in medical department, you will assume the rank of Ordinary Seaman which is the lowest rank in the Navy.
However, irrespective of your grade, joining with OND will place you in "Other Rank" which most people call recruit.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Rank Would An ND2 Certificate Holder Occupy In The Nigerian Army? by Tenifayo23: 5:26pm On Dec 22, 2019
karnap:

navy required swimming, he most have to learn how to swim,until then GOODLUCK to him.
You need not know how to swim before joining Nigerian Navy for you will be taught but it is advisable for you to know how to.

4 Likes

Re: What Rank Would An ND2 Certificate Holder Occupy In The Nigerian Army? by Tenifayo23: 5:28pm On Dec 22, 2019
Justice666:
With second class lower, are you referring to first degree here? If yes, sorry the minimum requirement is second class upper and above

1 Like

Re: What Rank Would An ND2 Certificate Holder Occupy In The Nigerian Army? by Sammy145: 9:03pm On Apr 12, 2020
Please, can i still furthermore with my Education after joining the Navy with my OND result? And I hope i won’t be rank-less after joining with my OND result??

Please I need answers ASAP

1 Like

Re: What Rank Would An ND2 Certificate Holder Occupy In The Nigerian Army? by Teju07: 5:09pm On Dec 28, 2021
Please if I apply for Navy with a BSc/HND result, that's if I apply as a graduate will I be a......

Recruit or non Recruit?

Nd I hope I will be a commissioned officer?

Pls I need a reply?

2 Likes

Re: What Rank Would An ND2 Certificate Holder Occupy In The Nigerian Army? by Tenifayo23: 8:22am On Dec 30, 2021
Sammy145:
Please, can i still furthermore with my Education after joining the Navy with my OND result? And I hope i won’t be rank-less after joining with my OND result??

Please I need answers ASAP
You will assume the rank of Ordinary Seaman if you join with OND. However, the only advantage you will have is advance promotion. I.e you will be promoted to the rank of Seaman after four years in service with some years seniority on that seaman rank.
Furthering your education while in the military is possible but not easy and automatic. You will have to apply and then proceed if your application is granted. Else the certificate won't be recognised if your application isn't granted but you go on to further your education codedly.

6 Likes

Re: What Rank Would An ND2 Certificate Holder Occupy In The Nigerian Army? by Tenifayo23: 8:23am On Dec 30, 2021
Teju07:
Please if I apply for Navy with a BSc/HND result, that's if I apply as a graduate will I be a......

Recruit or non Recruit?

Nd I hope I will be a commissioned officer?

Pls I need a reply?
Applying with HND will place you in the officer cadre and not other rank

2 Likes

Re: What Rank Would An ND2 Certificate Holder Occupy In The Nigerian Army? by Mercilessmessi: 12:54am On Feb 01, 2022
Pls, what rank can I attain if I join the Nigerian Navy with a second class upper in Bachelor of Agric in d university.

1 Like

Re: What Rank Would An ND2 Certificate Holder Occupy In The Nigerian Army? by danielbello(m): 2:00pm On Feb 01, 2022
Ok
Re: What Rank Would An ND2 Certificate Holder Occupy In The Nigerian Army? by slawormiir: 2:00pm On Feb 01, 2022
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

Grab my weed to learn
Re: What Rank Would An ND2 Certificate Holder Occupy In The Nigerian Army? by Blacknote: 2:01pm On Feb 01, 2022
PoshBoss007:

I believe by ND2 you mean HND, he'll be in the officers rank.
Re: What Rank Would An ND2 Certificate Holder Occupy In The Nigerian Army? by tit(f): 2:01pm On Feb 01, 2022
If boko Haram can be general, you can be field marshall

12 Likes

Re: What Rank Would An ND2 Certificate Holder Occupy In The Nigerian Army? by AlphaStyles(m): 2:01pm On Feb 01, 2022
You go still start with private but your position will be more higher than that of your fellow regulars
Re: What Rank Would An ND2 Certificate Holder Occupy In The Nigerian Army? by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 2:02pm On Feb 01, 2022
PoshBoss007:

he will learn byforce else he die there

1 Like

Re: What Rank Would An ND2 Certificate Holder Occupy In The Nigerian Army? by nextBIGthing: 2:02pm On Feb 01, 2022
Chief of Army staff if you get long leg and army cabals

1 Like

Re: What Rank Would An ND2 Certificate Holder Occupy In The Nigerian Army? by AlphaStyles(m): 2:03pm On Feb 01, 2022
Justice666:
navy only collects sec class upper only the army collects lower

1 Like

Re: What Rank Would An ND2 Certificate Holder Occupy In The Nigerian Army? by Nova1988(m): 2:03pm On Feb 01, 2022
ah shit!

here we go again!

a post made is 2016 just made fp 5 years later, never give up in this bleeped up life.

4 Likes

Re: What Rank Would An ND2 Certificate Holder Occupy In The Nigerian Army? by seunlayi(m): 2:04pm On Feb 01, 2022
Joining NA this days is like a 50/50 suicidal attempt

2 Likes

Re: What Rank Would An ND2 Certificate Holder Occupy In The Nigerian Army? by yomalex(m): 2:05pm On Feb 01, 2022
Na Officer dey enjoy

www.domesms.com.ng
Re: What Rank Would An ND2 Certificate Holder Occupy In The Nigerian Army? by sayab86265: 2:06pm On Feb 01, 2022
If you ask me na who ah go ask
Re: What Rank Would An ND2 Certificate Holder Occupy In The Nigerian Army? by PatrickOkunima(m): 2:06pm On Feb 01, 2022
harryhenry02:

In the Nigerian Navy, National Diploma is Seaman irrespective of grade. NCE is Able Seaman, name with RN. RN + RM is Leading Seaman.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries / CRIN Workers Strip To Underwear To Protest Against Management (photos) / Nigeria's First Females Army General And Naval Rear Admiral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.