Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,152 members, 7,807,508 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:29 PM

Why Is Islam Not A Dominant Religion In Se And Ss? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Islam Not A Dominant Religion In Se And Ss? (4686 Views)

The SE And SS Will Vote Atiku / SE And SS Will Support Northerners To Remove Osinbajo If Anything Happens To PMB / Let Us Boycott Oil From SE And SS And Save The Shame (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Islam Not A Dominant Religion In Se And Ss? by EastLebanon(m): 6:26pm On May 04, 2016
islam is one of the dominant religion in nigeria,over 80 percent of the hausa/fulani embraces islam,in sw,which is the home of the yorubas over 50 percent of the population embraces islam,in se and ss,muslims is not up 10 percent of the population considering that it's one the major population in nigeria.why is it this way?opinions are welcomed.
Re: Why Is Islam Not A Dominant Religion In Se And Ss? by nrexzy: 6:29pm On May 04, 2016
Because people Blindly follow any Religion or are Forced into it.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Islam Not A Dominant Religion In Se And Ss? by excellencyabia1: 6:32pm On May 04, 2016
OP What do you think
Re: Why Is Islam Not A Dominant Religion In Se And Ss? by ckmayoca: 6:33pm On May 04, 2016
Because they saw the light and they can recognise it. Not until hypocrites took of the christian dom. There fore fathers dropped idle gods for Christianity so they had to keep it going.
Re: Why Is Islam Not A Dominant Religion In Se And Ss? by Nobody: 6:37pm On May 04, 2016
first of all Muslims in the sw are not up 30percent
and I don't think the southeast ever traded with muslims before amalgation
even Christianity was enforced on southerners because of the contact they had with Christian missionaries

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Islam Not A Dominant Religion In Se And Ss? by Bobandgreat: 6:41pm On May 04, 2016
Hagmond:
first of all Muslims in the sw are not up 30percent
and I don't think the southeast ever traded with muslims before amalgation
even Christianity was enforced on southerners because of the contact they had with Christian missionaries

Is it Islam that was peacefully handed over to Tinubu them in SW. Yeye dey smell.

12 Likes

Re: Why Is Islam Not A Dominant Religion In Se And Ss? by Ohammadike: 6:45pm On May 04, 2016
Because we don't strap holy belt on scream allah akhbar and blow ourselves up because one mumuhead promised us 72 virgins

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Islam Not A Dominant Religion In Se And Ss? by mpatu1: 6:46pm On May 04, 2016
Cos we are circumcised
Re: Why Is Islam Not A Dominant Religion In Se And Ss? by Nobody: 6:48pm On May 04, 2016
was Christianity ever handed peacefully to Negros
go get a history book all abrahmic religion are always violent
how foolish for blacks to exalt Christianity while the whites denigrated theirs
Bobandgreat:

Is it Islam that was peacefully handed over to Tinubu them in SW. Yeye dey smell.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Islam Not A Dominant Religion In Se And Ss? by bodeloja: 6:49pm On May 04, 2016
EastLebanon:
islam is one of the dominant religion in nigeria,over 80 percent of the hausa/fulani embraces islam,in sw,which is the home of the yorubas over 50 percent of the population embraces islam,in se and ss,muslims is not up 10 percent of the population considering that it's one the major population in nigeria.why is it this way?opinions are welcomed.

Sorry Sir, did u say 10%? Where did you get that percentage from?

Muslims in the SS/SE are less than 1% and almost non -existant, with the exception of Northerners and South Westerners that live in the SS/SE.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Is Islam Not A Dominant Religion In Se And Ss? by Bobandgreat: 6:59pm On May 04, 2016
Hagmond:
was Christianity ever handed peacefully to Negros
go get a history book all abrahmic religion are always violent
how foolish for blacks to exalt Christianity while the whites denigrated theirs

You are probably a history student. You are also a sort of activist. I am just a realist. I believe that this world must have a designer. My experience in life alone has taught me that organised things don't just happen. Not possible. There is always the organizer. Things become chaotic if there is no organizer. What I want to know is was Islam handed over to Tinubu and co peacefully?

1 Like

Re: Why Is Islam Not A Dominant Religion In Se And Ss? by seunny4lif(m): 7:03pm On May 04, 2016
Here we go again wetin Aba made statistics grin grin
Where you see 50% Mulisms in Yorubaland
Ondo state = 10% Mulisms
Oyo maybe 40% and dats the highest in Yorubaland

5 Likes

Re: Why Is Islam Not A Dominant Religion In Se And Ss? by Nobody: 7:04pm On May 04, 2016
chaos is a sort of organisation
tinubus parent's were Muslim probably the same way your parents are Christians
the world leading religions except Hinduism and Buddhism covered their early followers through violence
Bobandgreat:

You are probably a history student. You are also a sort of activist. I am just a realist. I believe that this world must have a designer. My experience in life alone has taught me that organised things don't just happen. Not possible. There is always the organizer. Things become chaotic if there is no organizer. What I want to know is was Islam handed over to Tinubu and co peacefully?

1 Like

Re: Why Is Islam Not A Dominant Religion In Se And Ss? by EastLebanon(m): 7:10pm On May 04, 2016
excellencyabia1:
OP What do you think
i'm here to learn.
Re: Why Is Islam Not A Dominant Religion In Se And Ss? by Bobandgreat: 7:28pm On May 04, 2016
Hagmond:
the world leading religions except Hinduism and Buddhism covered their early followers through violence

Not Christianity. Christianity is against violence.

5 Likes

Re: Why Is Islam Not A Dominant Religion In Se And Ss? by cedar3: 7:33pm On May 04, 2016
why is Christianity not a dominant religion in NE and NW? Answer that, then I can answer yours.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Islam Not A Dominant Religion In Se And Ss? by Nobody: 7:36pm On May 04, 2016
LMAO
Christianity peaceful?
have read of the inquisition,slavery,burning people,drowning, imprisonment just to flush out so called heretics
Whatever Islam is doing now they learnt from their big brother
Bobandgreat:

Not Christianity. Christianity is against violence.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Islam Not A Dominant Religion In Se And Ss? by gidgiddy: 7:36pm On May 04, 2016
There was little or no contact between the SS/SE area and the Muslim North before the British came. Although the Muslim North did try to wage a jihad on the South so as to forcibly convert them to Islam, they never managed to make it past Lokoja and parts of present day Edo state due to several factors such as weather,topography, inaccessible roads and thick forests. Had they made it through, their would have been a bloodbath since Igbos who were to egalitarian to have accepted foreign control and would have fought them fiercely. Also, before the amalgamation of 1914, Lord Lugard who was then Governor of the North and South protectorates severely restricted movement between the North and South to avoid sectarian violence between the two. Lugard always knew we were incompatible but cared more about British interests than he did about the people. I laugh at people who chant 'one Nigeria', they don't know Nigerian history. All these reasons we're why Islam never made any headway in the SS/SE area

13 Likes

Re: Why Is Islam Not A Dominant Religion In Se And Ss? by Bobandgreat: 7:43pm On May 04, 2016
Hagmond:
LMAO
Christianity peaceful?
have read of the inquisition,slavery,burning people,drowning, imprisonment just to flush out so called heretics
Whatever Islam is doing now they learnt from their big brother

Have u asked urself why Christians didn't forcefully convert all of Nigeria to Christianity. I mean they had the military strength. They had the cooperation. Why didn't they? Reason. They go about it peacefully. They don't need to terrorize u to convince u.
The Northerners couldn't have stood a chance against the Great Britain if it was by force. My brother, Christianity solved their internal problems because of the original message by Jesus Christ. Peace.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Islam Not A Dominant Religion In Se And Ss? by Pavore9: 7:46pm On May 04, 2016
What percentage of Igbos living in Igboland practice Islam? It is easier for an Igbo to be an Atheist than convert to Islam because as an Igbo, Islam makes no sense to me just as Christianity may make no sense to a Fulani/Hausa Muslim.

8 Likes

Re: Why Is Islam Not A Dominant Religion In Se And Ss? by excellencyabia1: 7:47pm On May 04, 2016
EastLebanon:
i'm here to learn.
your contribution can teach others
Re: Why Is Islam Not A Dominant Religion In Se And Ss? by Nobody: 7:51pm On May 04, 2016
British didn't forcefully convert northerners to Christianity because the sultan and emirs are doing just fine in controlling their people while Britons controlled the emirs and the money to forcefully convert northerners during war the British company in charge of Nigeria couldn't find it, it will be a total loss because of debt
while they forcefully and stylishly did in the south was because the societies are almost democratic and egalitarian
Bobandgreat:

Have u asked urself why Christians didn't forcefully convert all of Nigeria to Christianity. I mean they had the military strength. They had the cooperation. Why didn't they? Reason. They go about it peacefully. They don't need to terrorize u to convince u.
The Northerners couldn't have stood a chance against the Great Britain if it was by force. My brother, Christianity solved their internal problems because of the original message by Jesus Christ. Peace.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Islam Not A Dominant Religion In Se And Ss? by EazyMoh(m): 7:56pm On May 04, 2016
Let me pray Isha'i, I dey come.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Islam Not A Dominant Religion In Se And Ss? by MirabelArode(f): 7:57pm On May 04, 2016
seunny4lif:
Here we go again wetin Aba made statistics grin grin
Where you see 50% Mulisms in Yorubaland
Ondo state = 10% Mulisms
Oyo maybe 40% and dats the highest in Yorubaland

Passingshot alias dropshot and joborskill alias irunobo alias searchiingforlove will not agree with you. To yoruba muslim 70% of yorubas are muslim. When farouk spoke with kunle he mentioned it and kunle never denied or corrected him. Was kunle being sheepish in that conversation? grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Islam Not A Dominant Religion In Se And Ss? by kcnwaigbo: 8:02pm On May 04, 2016
10% muslim population in the SS/SE? I have never seen any indigeneous SS/SE muslim in my life and I have lived in these two regions for over 2 decades!! If at all they exist they would be less than 0.1% of the population of these regions.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Islam Not A Dominant Religion In Se And Ss? by seunny4lif(m): 8:02pm On May 04, 2016
grin grin
MirabelArode:

Passingshot alias dropshot and joborskill alias irunobo alias searchiingforlove will not agree with you. To yoruba muslim 70 of yorubas are muslim. When farouk spoke with kunle he mentioned it and kunle never denied or corrected him. Was kunle being sheepish in that conversation? grin
Re: Why Is Islam Not A Dominant Religion In Se And Ss? by iSlayer: 8:16pm On May 04, 2016
Never hard to spot a fool on NL nowadays. I've spotted one saying Christianity is same as Islam in violence. They can never condemn evil. The Devil's own children,they are!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Islam Not A Dominant Religion In Se And Ss? by Bobandgreat: 8:44pm On May 04, 2016
Hagmond:
British didn't forcefully convert northerners to Christianity because the sultan and emirs are doing just fine in controlling their people while Britons controlled the emirs and the money to forcefully convert northerners during war the British company in charge of Nigeria couldn't find it, it will be a total loss because of debt
while they forcefully and stylishly did in the south was because the societies are almost democratic and egalitarian

Bros calm down. Relax. Retrace ur steps, let me tell u something. U have just said it all. They came for profit. Who ever they converted in the process was willingly. If they came for religion, the north wouldn't have withstood them. They would all have converted or died. Have u ever seen Muslims when they conquer a nation? Woe be tide u if u don't convert. Or u want to spread corruption among the society.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Islam Not A Dominant Religion In Se And Ss? by Nobody: 9:01pm On May 04, 2016
OK can you tell me how Christianity got to almost all region in the world(Nigeria inclusive)
At the beginning of the colonial era less than 5% where Christian, after colonialism less than 50% of Africa was Christian.
Bobandgreat:

Bros calm down. Relax. Retrace ur steps, let me tell u something. U have just said it all. They came for profit. Who ever they converted in the process was willingly. If they came for religion, the north wouldn't have withstood them. They would all have converted or died. Have u ever seen Muslims when they conquer a nation? Woe be tide u if u don't convert. Or u want to spread corruption among the society.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Islam Not A Dominant Religion In Se And Ss? by Rayhutar(m): 9:18pm On May 04, 2016
SE/SS would have resisted Islamization by all means, because which SE/SS girl/woman will allow herself to be covered like a masquerade in the name of religion, that one go cause major women riot for the entire region be that, even the women fought British colonization government to a stand still in Aba

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Islam Not A Dominant Religion In Se And Ss? by Nobody: 9:38pm On May 04, 2016
Hagmond:

Christianity is not a religion... kilode... its a lifestyle

1 Like

Re: Why Is Islam Not A Dominant Religion In Se And Ss? by Nobody: 9:40pm On May 04, 2016
crixtex:

Christianity is not a religion... kilode... its a lifestyle
una don start again o

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Breaking News: Houston Texas Flood Goes From Bad To Worse / Endorsement From Groups Boost Presidential Ambition of PT's Olawepo Hashim / Edo, Ondo 2020: Inec’s Quest For Flawless Elections Amid Challenges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.