Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,259 members, 7,807,890 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:55 PM

HFtv Africa Interview: Omawumi On Her Smoking And Drinking Habit, Flares Up - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / HFtv Africa Interview: Omawumi On Her Smoking And Drinking Habit, Flares Up (45972 Views)

“I Won’t Reply Dms Again” - Davido Flares Up After A Fan Lied (pics) / Actress Bevely Naya Sides With Omawumi On Her Her Interview -walk-out / Olajumoke Pictured Withmo Abudu,omoni Oboli, Omawumi On Women's Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HFtv Africa Interview: Omawumi On Her Smoking And Drinking Habit, Flares Up by 6digitscomrade: 6:13am On May 05, 2016
well said...but is typical of africans they never put their spoons where their mouth is...too nosy..always poking peoples lives..they form say dem nor dey shit meanwhile for dem house all of dem dey shit otoro shit..lol...country wey pastors,bishop dey get joint,hotel,but him go preach on sunday say church members dey sell beer and ciga say na sin..huh...bloody hypocrites!!!!!!!!!!
Pranxta:
All this interviewers sef, be bringin up unneccessary topics. So tell me how does her drinking and smoking habits(i.e if she does do either of that) affect her singing or her self esteem?

We haven't heard anything bad about her naa
Re: HFtv Africa Interview: Omawumi On Her Smoking And Drinking Habit, Flares Up by Chicent(m): 6:17am On May 05, 2016
playtheblues:
That interviewer said that there's a rumour that Omawumi smokes.

My question is: who amongst us here had heard that 'rumour' before this interview?

The truth of the matter is that there was no rumour except the one the journalist was hoping to start.

These journalists can be very mean sometimes.

yes there wasnt any rumour of such, she just used that as a lifeline since that was the only available thing she could hold. She asked the question wrongly, even if its a rumour.

1 Like

Re: HFtv Africa Interview: Omawumi On Her Smoking And Drinking Habit, Flares Up by Kingbusssy(m): 6:20am On May 05, 2016
Pranxta:
All this interviewers sef, be bringin up unneccessary topics. So tell me how does her drinking and smoking habits(i.e if she does do either of that) affect her singing or her self esteem?

We haven't heard anything bad about her naa
Re: HFtv Africa Interview: Omawumi On Her Smoking And Drinking Habit, Flares Up by Homguy(m): 6:32am On May 05, 2016
anitank:
good! atleast this would teach interviewers to compose relevant questions they want to ask before inviting someone for an interview. If you haven't seen her do it before why ask such a silly question?
that was why the interviewer said it was a rumour! Omawunmi was just supposed to own up or debunk it. Nothing serious. Dont celebrate thuggery

1 Like

Re: HFtv Africa Interview: Omawumi On Her Smoking And Drinking Habit, Flares Up by Afritop(m): 6:40am On May 05, 2016
Assuming CNN granted her interview, is that how she will behave

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: HFtv Africa Interview: Omawumi On Her Smoking And Drinking Habit, Flares Up by Nobody: 6:45am On May 05, 2016
These people do not know what it means to be a celebrity, your entire life is in the public view,only rumor now she is walking off a set,if accused, she will stab someone in the neck with her pen,role model my foot,I have never look up to these so called celebrities except for their money which some times is fake life,as most of them have terrible habits and life style, so what should I look up to?clubbing and partying and wearing skimpy clothes ?

3 Likes

Re: HFtv Africa Interview: Omawumi On Her Smoking And Drinking Habit, Flares Up by playtheblues(f): 6:48am On May 05, 2016
And she has succeeded in making Oma look like the bad one. These journalists have got no chills.

Chicent:

yes there wasnt any rumour of such, she just used that as a lifeline since that was the only available thing she could hold. She asked the question wrongly, even if its a rumour.
Re: HFtv Africa Interview: Omawumi On Her Smoking And Drinking Habit, Flares Up by playtheblues(f): 6:52am On May 05, 2016
Idapaul said that she had seen her smoke before.

I don't believe her though.

Chicent:

whats false witness about that, does it mean there are no people around her that know her and what she does. I havent seen her/been with her since she came to limelight i would have known.

But if u talk about some other celebs female..... I can beat my chest and tell u they are, Cuz i have seen them do.
Re: HFtv Africa Interview: Omawumi On Her Smoking And Drinking Habit, Flares Up by ruggedtimi(m): 7:03am On May 05, 2016
So if na E or mtv base interview, she go flare up like dat...bullshit

1 Like

Re: HFtv Africa Interview: Omawumi On Her Smoking And Drinking Habit, Flares Up by kurlz(f): 7:05am On May 05, 2016
Haute:
Maybe that's her defense mechanism, or maybe she was just irritated by the question.

sincerely I must confess all this kind of questions irritates me, what's the use.

If not that I'm a journalist I will say they are becoming annoying with all this irrelevant questions, especially those that are pursuing over night fame.

1 Like

Re: HFtv Africa Interview: Omawumi On Her Smoking And Drinking Habit, Flares Up by lomprico(m): 7:05am On May 05, 2016
hemartins:
It's just an interview but she took it too personal.
because she was asked a personal question.
Re: HFtv Africa Interview: Omawumi On Her Smoking And Drinking Habit, Flares Up by kabytexin: 7:06am On May 05, 2016
Joyce28:
Omawunmi Smoking & drinking
Na wao! another story again grin
she does what is more than smoking and drinking sef if u no know.
Re: HFtv Africa Interview: Omawumi On Her Smoking And Drinking Habit, Flares Up by mattfeuter(m): 7:08am On May 05, 2016
Very rude of Omawunmi! simply clear things up and continue the interview rather than try to pull a "BIRDMAN". why get very defensive? lol

3 Likes

Re: HFtv Africa Interview: Omawumi On Her Smoking And Drinking Habit, Flares Up by playtheblues(f): 7:20am On May 05, 2016
Are you sure?

tunbebes:

I've heard it and I don't think it's a rumour. She smokes but it's possible marriage has changed he'd her sha.
Re: HFtv Africa Interview: Omawumi On Her Smoking And Drinking Habit, Flares Up by stonecoldcafe: 7:29am On May 05, 2016
Anyone who graduated from law 2005/2006 at AAU(Ambrose ali university Ekpoma) will tell you the unpleasant truth about this lady. She was notorious for all sorts but nonetheless that is a long long time ago. Besides everyone has a past... I know I do. We all have a past. Let her breathe besides smoking/drinking excessively may be a bad vice but at least she didn't kill or hurt anyone.

3 Likes

Re: HFtv Africa Interview: Omawumi On Her Smoking And Drinking Habit, Flares Up by TheHeadBoy(m): 7:30am On May 05, 2016
There are better ways to handle it

1 Like

Re: HFtv Africa Interview: Omawumi On Her Smoking And Drinking Habit, Flares Up by lexylexy(m): 7:49am On May 05, 2016
Chicent:
It all depends on how she was asked the questions. If u heard it as a rumour u start by asking it as such. Its so simple.....

But her outburst shows she does smokes(or so i thought).

Even if she smokes and drinks,how is dat a problem. because she's a woman,they now want to make her look bad.Its like asking tuface or wizkid do u smoke and drink,its a very silly question no matter how u look at it.totally irrelevant question. U dey ask a whole warri babe if she drinks and smokes,well d interviewer got d answer she deserves. Abeg omababe carry on joor,nice one

2 Likes

Re: HFtv Africa Interview: Omawumi On Her Smoking And Drinking Habit, Flares Up by franklingud(m): 8:05am On May 05, 2016
That zinnia of a girl must be stvpid for asking her that question.
Omawumi was right to ask her whether she has seen her smoke before.

Some people sef.
Re: HFtv Africa Interview: Omawumi On Her Smoking And Drinking Habit, Flares Up by gmacnoms(m): 8:12am On May 05, 2016
U don see her smoke befor? It's annoyin. I believ she doesn't even drink or engage in all dose dia anyhw industry acts cos i'v bin around her few times. She acts like a very matured person and mother
Re: HFtv Africa Interview: Omawumi On Her Smoking And Drinking Habit, Flares Up by Afritop(m): 8:13am On May 05, 2016
franklingud:
That zinnia of a girl must be stvpid for asking her that question.
Omawumi was right to ask her whether she has seen her smoke before.

Some people sef.
THE GIRL DID THE RIGHT THING AS AN INTERVIEWER. QUESTIONS WORSE THAN THIS ARE ASKED IN CABLE NETWORKS LIKE CNN, Al Jazeera and it is left on how the respondent will manoeuvre his way or deny the allegation. She should have answered that they were rumours. I wonder how omawumi will cope in high profile interviews if she can fail in this one

2 Likes

Re: HFtv Africa Interview: Omawumi On Her Smoking And Drinking Habit, Flares Up by famzynet: 8:39am On May 05, 2016
She obviously smokes and drinks. She is arrogant and just insulted herself. If her conscience was clear,she would simply have answered "NO" . Such agitation means "YES" for answer.

1 Like

Re: HFtv Africa Interview: Omawumi On Her Smoking And Drinking Habit, Flares Up by idupaul: 8:40am On May 05, 2016
playtheblues:
"Thou shall not bear false witness against your neighbour. "

For real I have seen her and Wales smoking and drinking ..but that doesn't change the fact they are great people
Re: HFtv Africa Interview: Omawumi On Her Smoking And Drinking Habit, Flares Up by playtheblues(f): 8:54am On May 05, 2016
Then why did she get angry about the smoking question?

idupaul:

For real I have seen her and Wales smoking and drinking ..but that doesn't change the fact they are great people
Re: HFtv Africa Interview: Omawumi On Her Smoking And Drinking Habit, Flares Up by xreal: 8:58am On May 05, 2016
Immaturity!
Re: HFtv Africa Interview: Omawumi On Her Smoking And Drinking Habit, Flares Up by Chicent(m): 9:11am On May 05, 2016
lexylexy:

Even if she smokes and drinks,how is dat a problem. because she's a woman,they now want to make her look bad.Its like asking tuface or wizkid do u smoke and drink,its a very silly question no matter how u look at it.totally irrelevant question. U dey ask a whole warri babe if she drinks and smokes,well d interviewer got d answer she deserves. Abeg omababe carry on joor,nice one

No sir, its not bad if she smokes or drinks. Its her life and she has the full right to do as it pleases her, so long it doesnt affect anybody.

But then its was a harmless question that needed a No/Yes response or better still a response that 'i dont want to talk about it'.
For crying out loud she is a public figure, so she shud behave as such.
She is a role model to some young peeps man...... What message is she passing?? "If u are asked a question u dont like/or not comfortable with stand up and walk out" too bad of her.

2 Likes

Re: HFtv Africa Interview: Omawumi On Her Smoking And Drinking Habit, Flares Up by scarred9jan(m): 9:18am On May 05, 2016
banmee:

Nigerians are the most hypocritical set of human beings alive today. Obama smoked marijuana while in havard, i repeat, while in havard and today he is the president of the USA. Nigerians don't have their priorities in order. These are the same people who jump up for joy when murder is committed and are here criticizing cigarettes. Ok.

Obama still smoked as president. He finally stopped the habit just six years ago.

2 Likes

Re: HFtv Africa Interview: Omawumi On Her Smoking And Drinking Habit, Flares Up by banmee(m): 9:21am On May 05, 2016
scarred9jan:

Obama still smoked as president. He finally stopped the habit just six years ago.
I forgot about that. Can you imagine.

1 Like

Re: HFtv Africa Interview: Omawumi On Her Smoking And Drinking Habit, Flares Up by banmee(m): 9:22am On May 05, 2016
Afritop:
Assuming CNN granted her interview, is that how she will behave

CNN won't ask such a s.tupid question.
Re: HFtv Africa Interview: Omawumi On Her Smoking And Drinking Habit, Flares Up by scarred9jan(m): 9:24am On May 05, 2016
ideylaff:
Silly move that will dent her mediocre PR already.

She's trying to be what she's not .

They use the press and publicity when they want and now turn around act like they are something with the press and fans

So what would she have done if it was a forum where the up live where Allowed to ask different questions.

I'm so let downby her, I see her regularly with Waje @ least once in a month in a pub/bar in Lekki

Yes she does drink and smoke

And is there anything wrong with smoking and drinking? Is it against the law?
Re: HFtv Africa Interview: Omawumi On Her Smoking And Drinking Habit, Flares Up by Afritop(m): 10:10am On May 05, 2016
banmee:

CNN won't ask such a s.tupid question.
Who told you that
Re: HFtv Africa Interview: Omawumi On Her Smoking And Drinking Habit, Flares Up by idupaul: 10:20am On May 05, 2016
playtheblues:
Then why did she get angry about the smoking question?

I am sure she got pissed because the interviewer said to the hearing of others..if I Wass the one I would be pissed too
Re: HFtv Africa Interview: Omawumi On Her Smoking And Drinking Habit, Flares Up by banmee(m): 10:24am On May 05, 2016
Afritop:

Who told you that

I watch it everyday and that question has no bearing on any issue.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Wizkid Is Sick, Cancels His Tour And Begs His Fans To Pray For Him / Olajumoke Orisaguna Shares Photo Of Her Daughters / Emmanuel Adebayor, Mr Ibu And Asamoah Gyan Hang Out In Ghana. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.