Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,205 members, 7,807,690 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:33 PM

Chronicles of Sheila! - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Chronicles of Sheila! (6823 Views)

Chronicles Of A Runs Girl / Chronicles Of A Runs Girl / FINALLY IT IS OVER : Chronicles Of Recent Past (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chronicles of Sheila! by HARDDON: 9:20pm On May 04, 2016
Name: Sheila ( Nickname : S gurl!)
Breed: GSD
Acquired: 4th March, 2018

Physical Features
Colour: Black/Tan
Eyes: outa white with Different shades of brown inner rings
Paws: Massive paws firmly fitted on a tiny boo

Personality: Hyper active, super intelligent, craves company, fast learner, swags of a slay queen, very jealous and now Barks at my F friends cheesy

Medical History

Dewormed, Given full dose vaccination, Anti-Rabbis.

Meal Favs
Varried:Canned( Jojo & Pedigree, taste of the wild took her tummy out and she wouldnt have that ever again! very smart) Diamond Kibbles Crunches, Milk, Golden Morn, Smoked fish, Biscuit Bone with flesh, chicken , Rice, Cake bread mixed with Sardine, one boiled egg daily, lots of vitamins, Cof liver oil and Grass( varied). Sheila has never swallowed.

Bath Care
Magic Coat Flea & Tick Shampoo, Remington Deodorizer Spray, cream for ears, paws, tummy and any other part that might get hurt, big tissue roll, Dettol, grooming brush, sponge, T'wel

Acquired From: Bobbysaxy Kennel ( she spent 12 hours- waybill)

Price: NN, NNN.

Mod , Farano mi lil volcano, kindly move to pet section. wink Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Chronicles of Sheila! by HARDDON: 11:21pm On May 04, 2016
6weeks Sheila!

2 Likes

Re: Chronicles of Sheila! by HARDDON: 7:37pm On May 11, 2016
Tucked in Twel! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Chronicles of Sheila! by HARDDON: 4:44am On Jun 16, 2018
Started putting her through her basic command @ 7 weeks! Against docs recommendation of 6months. How I'm I going to live with a dog and have her soil the whole place for that long withou issuing commands?

I ignored the doc and had a romance with YouTube and Google. I'm glad I did!

First port of call was potty training.

1 Like

Re: Chronicles of Sheila! by edimolu(m): 5:38pm On Aug 21, 2018
harddon, and then you ignored the thread...
Re: Chronicles of Sheila! by HARDDON: 7:59pm On Sep 26, 2018
Oops!
How can I forget this?!

Sheila is a very massive gurl now! Some nicknamed her German Wolf while others call her Lion-wolf grin grin grin

She really looks like a wolf in the woods with her long coat, straight attentive ears, huge neck and face with a long hairy( tan n black) tail that sweeps the floor as she prances the street; On stealth leopard steps.

I promise, you wouldn't miss a thing in her developmental stages up until this moment ( 7 months 2weeks!)

I would furnish you all with her pixs and places. Her skills and scenes.
Her wild temperament now in crude contrast to her playful nature( even with strangers) when she was much younger and I got worried she might never bark at anybody.
Her ability to pick sounds from a long distance out.
Her agility, intelligence, mood swings, attention crave and the fact that she hates any lady coming close to me. cheesy

She has scuttled a lot of deals for me mehn! Arrrhhhhh! angry cheesy

Aiit, strap in, let's roll!
Hopefully, I wudnt abandon you guys again because of work. grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chronicles of Sheila! by HARDDON: 11:46pm On Nov 07, 2018
Farano could you help move this to the pet's section? Grateful as always
Re: Chronicles of Sheila! by HARDDON: 6:21pm On Nov 08, 2018
Good! Now we here. Thanks Farano! You are still my number one volcano. Hopefully ,someday, I would consider giving you the chance to take me out. Get to know me. wink

Hello fam. Dog lovers and breeders. Salut.

Before I go on, I should let newbies know, having a pet , especially dogs, is like having a baiby! Lol. If you don't have the time, patience, care and love ,kindly don't bother because it would frustrate your life and make you really miserable grin cheesy case in point, is the untrained one that you planned to live with!

They would chew at your shoes, flip flops, sofa, bed, belt, cloths and any other chewables. cheesy grin
Your unlearned whooping would not deter them.

Unless, ofcourse you planned to crate it( cage it up).

The worse thing you can do to yourself is raise an untrained dog.

1 Like

Re: Chronicles of Sheila! by HARDDON: 6:40pm On Nov 08, 2018
For the record:

I am not a fan nor Advocate of feeding pets left overs from fast foods. You don't know the health condition of the people that ate and left the food.
Any food I can't eat, Sheila ( my pets) can't eat either.

Taking care of a pet is no mean feat. Know what you are getting into. If you let the beauty of the dogs you see, across the street, taking a walk with their owners becloud your sense of pocket feasibility studies, you are gono be in for a very long, annoying and pity ride. Especially if you truly love your hairy friend.

Its doctor must be flexible and able to come home. Never take your dog to the vet.

I socialize my pet from a distance and always give it its bath/condition it ( if it had contact with other dogs) before we roll home. I hate ticks and exposing me lil doll to strange sickness is not a chance I luv to take.

Google would advise you don't spank them when they do wrong. This is nothing but a fatal fallacy. Just like a kind word and a gun would get a lot done( Mafia manager - V) Command training and a lil spanking every now and then would accomplish a lot. just make sure you let it know why it is getting punished. More on this later.

1 Like

Re: Chronicles of Sheila! by edimolu(m): 2:51pm On Nov 09, 2018
HARDDON:
Oops!
How can I forget this?!

Sheila is a very massive gurl now! Some nicknamed her German Wolf while others call her Lion-wolf grin grin grin

She really looks like a wolf in the woods with her long coat, straight attentive ears, huge neck and face with a long hairy( tan n black) tail that sweeps the floor as she prances the street; On stealth leopard steps.

I promise, you wouldn't miss a thing in her developmental stages up until this moment ( 7 months 2weeks!)

I would furnish you all with her pixs and places. Her skills and scenes.

Her wild temperament now in crude contrast to her playful nature( even with strangers) when she was much younger and I got worried she might never bark at anybody.
Her ability to pick sounds from a long distance out.
Her agility, intelligence, mood swings, attention crave and the fact that she hates any lady coming close to me. cheesy

She has scuttled a lot of deals for me mehn! Arrrhhhhh! angry cheesy

Aiit, strap in, let's roll!
Hopefully, I wudnt abandon you guys again because of work. grin
Sweet jesus, can't wait to see the bolded happen

1 Like

Re: Chronicles of Sheila! by MajorLanister: 7:02pm On Nov 09, 2018
Op we are still waiting grin

1 Like

Re: Chronicles of Sheila! by HARDDON: 8:55pm On Nov 09, 2018
Let' s take it from the top.

I was on a business trip to lagos when the thought of a pet I have been putting forward, swept through ma mind.

Before then, i had carried out due diligence and research and who is who and what is what within this space.

I knew what breed I wanted. From my records, I had bobby's contact.

Called him and asked if he has any purebreed GSD, which he affirmed and sent pictures. One stood out: Sheila!

When I saw the pixs, It immediately piqued my interest. Even though I had wanted a male, i couldn't let this gurl slip by. I transfered the funds promptly.

I told him to waybill it to my station. Because I was to roll of out lagos the next day.

This bobbly, fluffy, 6weeks old gurl spent 12 hours on the road without food nor water. I had gotten assurance and a form of guarantee that she would be fine before I took that risk.

I didn't get home, I touch down base and immediately went to went to pick her up.

It took a while before I was able to see her with in the basket she came strapped in. Form Frail and fragile, fluffy and funny with a brown funky ring around her eyes.

Swifly, I made for a super store where I got her milk, water and some biscuit.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chronicles of Sheila! by HARDDON: 10:11pm On Nov 09, 2018
I bought two plates, poured water into one, granulated some biscuits into the other and added milk. While I was mixing this combo,
On sniffing the milk scent, this lil fluffy momma, that has been sitting quietly in one corner of the funny basket it came in, jetlagged and famished from the long journey sprang to life in puppy cries and barks! My heart went out to her.

I hurriedly mixed em, unstrapped the basket and there she was! Erractic, wanting to quench her taste and hunger.

I picked her up and placed her close to the food plate.

Oh, she dived it ravenously! Licking and lapping until her Tommy bulged cheesy

I just sat there watching the lil cutey. I felt pity for her. When she was done, we had a lil acquitance moment and set for home after I returned her to her basket.
A lady that came to get stuffs from the super mall, on seeing her and me outside the mall, fell in love with her and me. cheesy yea, I got two girls that night : Sheila and....

That was the beginning of this adventure....

Attached is the funny basket. I was too worried about her well being to remember taking a shot of her arrival cheesy

By the way, when Sheila was 3 months, I tried re-creating that first basket moment by placing her in and taking shots, she didn't fit in and wouldn't let me.. So no shots of that. Yet.

Now that she responds promptly to commands, I definately would get that basket shot someday. The only issue with this is that the cover half of the basket would hang on her back, very far away from the one she is standing on. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Chronicles of Sheila! by HARDDON: 10:41pm On Nov 09, 2018
Chronicles of S.bae! 6-9wks

1. Slay momma after bath, robed in a twel.
2. She having a view of the nice scenery
4. Cleaning up
3. Lost her hair pin and she looking for it

1 Like

Re: Chronicles of Sheila! by HARDDON: 10:44pm On Nov 09, 2018
More...

1 Like

Re: Chronicles of Sheila! by babythug(f): 7:55am On Nov 10, 2018
She’s a beauty wink

1 Like

Re: Chronicles of Sheila! by johnnyn1(m): 9:21am On Nov 10, 2018
Awwwnn.. What a sweet dog..

1 Like

Re: Chronicles of Sheila! by Nobody: 4:25pm On Nov 10, 2018
HARDDON:
More...
how were you able to potty train her

1 Like

Re: Chronicles of Sheila! by Nobody: 4:25pm On Nov 10, 2018
HARDDON:
More...
Re: Chronicles of Sheila! by Iamadoglover(m): 6:58pm On Nov 10, 2018
Hw old is she
Re: Chronicles of Sheila! by HARDDON: 6:46pm On Nov 11, 2018
babythug:
She’s a beauty wink

thanks thug babes! Hope you dont roll slim joints? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Chronicles of Sheila! by HARDDON: 6:48pm On Nov 11, 2018
chidichuddo:

it was a whole lot of process, trial and errors until i got it. I would write about that soon
Re: Chronicles of Sheila! by babythug(f): 7:32pm On Nov 11, 2018
HARDDON:

thanks thug babes! Hope you dont roll slim joints? cheesy cheesy cheesy

Hehehehehehehehehe
Re: Chronicles of Sheila! by HARDDON: 8:35pm On Nov 11, 2018
S gurl

1 Like

Re: Chronicles of Sheila! by HARDDON: 8:36pm On Nov 11, 2018
wink

so tiny yet wouldnt stop following me about. i always had to watch my steps because when you think she is far away, she might just be at your back

1 Like

Re: Chronicles of Sheila! by HARDDON: 8:40pm On Nov 11, 2018

1 Like

Re: Chronicles of Sheila! by HARDDON: 8:45pm On Nov 11, 2018
here comes the most challenging part of our lives together: @ two months 2 weeks when she became very picky of food. She wouldnt eat any other thing apart from Biscuit bone, chicken and smoked fish! there was a day i got so annoyed, mixed kibbles and canned food for her, she just sniffed it and walked away! arrrhhhhhh i had to called her doctor and wanted to place her on auction! grin grin I only calmed down when doc man said she would out grow it!

But not after one full month + of constant resource draining. angry

1 Like

Re: Chronicles of Sheila! by HARDDON: 8:46pm On Nov 11, 2018
By the way, she wants you to check out her slay momma back view cheesy
Re: Chronicles of Sheila! by HARDDON: 8:47pm On Nov 11, 2018
@ 3 months

1 Like

Re: Chronicles of Sheila! by HARDDON: 8:48pm On Nov 11, 2018
this was when her ears started rising and falling in succession. and i got worried they may never rise or one would rise and the other would fall permanently. I was so wrong. Both and standing like blade now.
Re: Chronicles of Sheila! by HARDDON: 8:50pm On Nov 11, 2018
@ four months. Her skin was virtually glowing! Pitch black!

1 Like

Re: Chronicles of Sheila! by HARDDON: 8:57pm On Nov 11, 2018
@ 3 months... the battle of the ear signature . rising and falling like a pack of frightened cards sad

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dairy Of My Caucasian Shepherd TEDDY / Litter Announcement- American Pitbull Terriers / Is It Good To Be Feeding Dog With Raw Egg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.