Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,588 members, 7,809,128 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:24 AM

Everything You Need To Know About Your Tyres (In Pictures) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Everything You Need To Know About Your Tyres (In Pictures) (25036 Views)

See What A Melting Road Did To Car Tyres After An Heavy Rain & Sun In Australia / How To Keep Your Tyres And Wheels In Good Condition / Reputable Places To Buy Tyres In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Everything You Need To Know About Your Tyres (In Pictures) by Topiipii(m): 8:17am On May 05, 2016
I just came across a post shared on Facebook by a certain 'Bimal Nandana' which contains everything you need to know about tyres, having this information is very handy especially when buying a new tyre.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/bimal.nandana/media_set?set=a.1197381386962478.1073741830.100000718838852&type=3

20 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Everything You Need To Know About Your Tyres (In Pictures) by Flexherbal(m): 8:53am On May 05, 2016
Very informative. Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Everything You Need To Know About Your Tyres (In Pictures) by princemillla(m): 9:23am On May 05, 2016
Interesting
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Your Tyres (In Pictures) by xristos(m): 11:43am On May 05, 2016
thanks kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Everything You Need To Know About Your Tyres (In Pictures) by erico2k2(m): 6:31pm On May 05, 2016
I did not see the expiry date on it as claimed by plenty on here.I heard tyres have expiring dates well in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Everything You Need To Know About Your Tyres (In Pictures) by Topiipii(m): 6:56pm On May 06, 2016
erico2k2:
I did not see the expiry date on it as claimed by plenty on here.I heard tyres have expiring dates well in Nigeria.
Tyres expire in 6 years from the date of manufacture, although I have read on several sites that it's 4 years in Nigeria. Whichever the case may be, you can calculate the expiry date based on the date of manufacture of the tyre.

The link below sheds more light on tyre expiry dates
http://www.tiresafetygroup.com/tires-expire-in-six-years/

4 Likes

Re: Everything You Need To Know About Your Tyres (In Pictures) by erico2k2(m): 10:07pm On May 06, 2016
Topiipii:

Tyres expire in 6 years from the date of manufacture, although I have read on several sites that it's 4 years in Nigeria. Whichever the case may be, you can calculate the expiry date based on the date of manufacture of the tyre.

ehehe, Nothing last for ever, however I do not see how you can use one tyre for up to 4 years without changing them.There is a thread gauge line in every tyre, when you go below that then you need change. depends on usage that can be just one year.
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Your Tyres (In Pictures) by tooman: 6:31am On May 07, 2016
toh
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Your Tyres (In Pictures) by DaBullIT(m): 6:32am On May 07, 2016
As if Nigerians care

Nice tokunbo tire with lots of yam grin grin( in Yoruba sense ) Tyre to ni isu

And you are good to go
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Your Tyres (In Pictures) by BabaAgba001(m): 6:33am On May 07, 2016
Very informative
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Your Tyres (In Pictures) by Abayor7: 6:34am On May 07, 2016
erico2k2:
with our bad roads in Nigeria,we don't suppose to use our tyres more than 2 years before changing it grin. Some crazy drivers can use their Tyre for 2 extra years..
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Your Tyres (In Pictures) by tooman: 6:36am On May 07, 2016
erico2k2:

ehehe, Nothing last for ever, however I do not see how you can use one tyre for up to 4 years without changing them.There is a thread gauge line in every tyre, when you go below that then you need change. depends on usage that can be just one year.
expiry date is not how far but it's about time of purchase.
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Your Tyres (In Pictures) by lonelydora: 6:36am On May 07, 2016
Very informative. It's like lalasticlala's brain is beginning to reset gradually. These are the kind of news we need on FP.
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Your Tyres (In Pictures) by Abayor7: 6:41am On May 07, 2016
tooman:
who tell you that one undecided some tyres are sold expired.

1 Like

Re: Everything You Need To Know About Your Tyres (In Pictures) by tooman: 6:44am On May 07, 2016
Abayor7:
who tell you that one undecided some tyres are sold expired.
Lol thank God you enunciate my point.

1 Like

Re: Everything You Need To Know About Your Tyres (In Pictures) by Leke001: 6:46am On May 07, 2016
thanks
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Your Tyres (In Pictures) by engrkaz(m): 6:49am On May 07, 2016
Topiipii:

Bro this is a lil bit confusing. The date on my tire is 2018. I assumed that was the best before date. Although I bought them in March 16. I felt it could have been in store for 2 years. I will attach pix when I am out of bed
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Your Tyres (In Pictures) by spicytayomic(m): 6:51am On May 07, 2016
Nice
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Your Tyres (In Pictures) by oshe11: 6:52am On May 07, 2016
anoda FP n counting
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Your Tyres (In Pictures) by ifenadi(m): 6:57am On May 07, 2016
Following
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Your Tyres (In Pictures) by Onyenna(m): 6:59am On May 07, 2016
engrkaz:
Bro this is a lil bit confusing. The date on my tire is 2018. I assumed that was the best before date. Although I bought them in March 16. I felt it could have been in store for 2 years. I will attach pix when I am out of bed

2018!.....naaaah.....You can only get 2016 tyres @ present(and maybe 16th week of 2016).... You checked the wrong number.....If truely your tyre bears 2018, it simply means it could be a seriously old tyre.....
***them boiz don change the date****

2 Likes

Re: Everything You Need To Know About Your Tyres (In Pictures) by Dottore: 7:00am On May 07, 2016
What a wonderful breakfast post. I am happy we are not being served poo from Tonto Duke, Tiwa Savage, Teebliz, Senior shay, omowunmi et al.
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Your Tyres (In Pictures) by kulobyno: 7:01am On May 07, 2016
God bless the op and the Mod that pushed this to front page. Now I know what all these markings on my tyre means.

Just came out from a poo thread with tears, didn't know I was missing brilliant topics on the frontpage:

Barca001:
I have perused many threads on this forum about how people met and married their spouses on IG and twitter why is nairaland let out? I ask myself.

Ladies don't get it twisted there are many Educated, Intelligent and Handsome men on nairaland.
Men out there if you appreciate the way you are created share your pictures.

Let me start by casting the first stone.

C'est moi (This is me)

1 Like

Re: Everything You Need To Know About Your Tyres (In Pictures) by Ochek: 7:01am On May 07, 2016
Tyres have no expiry dates. Why do you think a manufacturer wouldn't put such a date on a product? However this companies give u a warranty of 4-6 yrs depending on d product. There a number of factors which leads to tyres lossing strength and this factos are mostly known to take effects after at least 4yrs.
For berra knowledge i advice u browse a producing company site like Brgdgestone.
But as mkt must move na, we need to support tyre sellers dem ministry so e fit reach permanent site.
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Your Tyres (In Pictures) by OBAnkemi: 7:02am On May 07, 2016
tooman:

Bros the expiry date is calculated from the tyre's date of manufacture, and not time of purchase. Pls don't misinform the public.......
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Your Tyres (In Pictures) by Dottore: 7:20am On May 07, 2016
kulobyno:
God bless the op and the Mod that pushed this to front page. Now I know what all these markings on my tyre means.

Just came out from a poo thread with tears, didn't know I was missing brilliant topics on the frontpage:

grin grin grin grin grin
You won't kill me grin
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Your Tyres (In Pictures) by Osama10(m): 7:29am On May 07, 2016
smiley
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Your Tyres (In Pictures) by Spells(m): 7:33am On May 07, 2016
cheesy tires might require change after for years like Ya'll have heard, but the truth is that tires needs to be changed depending on the usage... The gospel truth is that if it's need change u'll know but it's the let's manage its like that stinginess of Nigerians that won't let us Change it... I am spells Pete n I just want to make common sense cheesy
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Your Tyres (In Pictures) by Nobody: 7:48am On May 07, 2016
Also to add, our brothers who sell expired tyres change these information sometimes. These info are usually in raised prints and not stamped, and the font should be the same across the writings

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ideal Long Trip Tyre Pressure To Avoid Tyre Burst / Vehicle History-Safety & Recalls Updates / Overloaded Vehicle Intercepted By FRSC In Oyo (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.