Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,728 members, 7,805,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:51 AM

Why Do Pregnant Women Attached Safety-pin(s) To Their Clothes/ Wears? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Pregnant Women Attached Safety-pin(s) To Their Clothes/ Wears? (6025 Views)

Nigerian Man Killed By Wife In Cameroon Buried Today, Wife's Picture Attached / What Is The Craziest Thing Your Parents Ever Told You? (screenshots Attached) / Why Are Pregnant Women Exposing Their Bumps These Days? (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Pregnant Women Attached Safety-pin(s) To Their Clothes/ Wears? by Ask4bigneyo(m): 10:38am On May 05, 2016
Have been wondering why our pregnant women always attached safety pin(s) to their clothes/wears.

It is commonly practiced among the Yorubas but i don't know whether this is been practiced by other cultures/tribes..

According to an elderly man who pleaded anonymity pointed out that "Safety pin" is usually attached to their clothes/wears in order to protect the fetus from the evil spirits/daemons hovering around especially @ noon and night.

I don't know if you guys have witness this in a pregnant women's clothes before.

Lets share our experiences so far and catch fun.

Cc; lalasticlala
Re: Why Do Pregnant Women Attached Safety-pin(s) To Their Clothes/ Wears? by Diospropio: 3:12pm On May 05, 2016
I've been wondering too. Someone should please say something.
Re: Why Do Pregnant Women Attached Safety-pin(s) To Their Clothes/ Wears? by Godmother(f): 5:00pm On May 05, 2016
I wanted to ask this exact question a few days back but it skipped my mind. I asked a pregnant women over a year ago and she gave me the same answer about it wading off evil spirits.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pregnant Women Attached Safety-pin(s) To Their Clothes/ Wears? by TheArchangel(f): 5:31pm On May 05, 2016
They are indirectly and unknowingly invoking the god of iron...Ogun or Sango To protect them and their babies using a fucking safety pin as a conduit.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pregnant Women Attached Safety-pin(s) To Their Clothes/ Wears? by thorpido(m): 5:33pm On May 05, 2016
Ask4bigneyo:
Have been wondering why our pregnant women always attached safety pin(s) to their clothes/wears.

It is commonly practiced among the Yorubas but i don't know whether this is been practiced by other cultures/tribes..

According to an elderly man who pleaded anonymity pointed out that "Safety pin" is usually attached to their clothes/wears in order to protect the fetus from the evil spirits/daemons hovering around especially @ noon and night.

I don't know whether if you guys have witness this in a pregnant women's clothes before.

Lets share our experiences so far and catch fun.

People hear things and without thinking through begin to follow others to do it.
Have they ever thought for a second that evil spirits are spirits ?What will the safety pin do to the spirits?'Chook' them?What if they come through the back and not the front?
People just follow what doesn't make sense.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Pregnant Women Attached Safety-pin(s) To Their Clothes/ Wears? by blessedindeed: 6:14pm On May 05, 2016
Only those that don't know the God / doesn't know the ability of Jesus Christ and the significant of the blood Jesus shed on the cross of calvary practice that nonsense safety pin

Commit everything concerning u in the hands of God and go freely for JESUS IS INCHARGE. nothing committed in His hand goes wrong.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Pregnant Women Attached Safety-pin(s) To Their Clothes/ Wears? by loomer: 7:53pm On May 05, 2016
No be SAFETY una call the pin? Na for safety na

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Pregnant Women Attached Safety-pin(s) To Their Clothes/ Wears? by Nobody: 8:46pm On May 05, 2016
Godmother:
I wanted to ask this exact question a few days back but it skipped my mind. I asked a pregnant women over a year ago and she gave me the same answer about it wading off evil spirits.
I have never seen it o, or maybe I haven't been observant. I am more interested in knowing why pregnant women braid their hair towards delivery_ does it make labour easier? cheesy
Re: Why Do Pregnant Women Attached Safety-pin(s) To Their Clothes/ Wears? by Qualer: 1:37am On May 06, 2016
Godmother:

Re: Why Do Pregnant Women Attached Safety-pin(s) To Their Clothes/ Wears? by Qualer: 1:39am On May 06, 2016
TheArchangel:
They are indirectly and unknowingly invoking the god of iron...Ogun or Sango To protect them and their babies using a fucking safety pin as a conduit.

Re: Why Do Pregnant Women Attached Safety-pin(s) To Their Clothes/ Wears? by thorpido(m): 7:39am On May 06, 2016
Kachisbarbie:

I have never seen it o, or maybe I haven't been observant. I am more interested in knowing why pregnant women braid their hair towards delivery_ does it make labour easier? cheesy
You can carry braids for months so while you are nursing,you don't have to worry about going to the salon to make your hair.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pregnant Women Attached Safety-pin(s) To Their Clothes/ Wears? by jashar(f): 8:24am On May 06, 2016
thorpido:
People hear things and without thinking through begin to follow others to do it.
Have they ever thought for a second that evil spirits are spirits ?What will the safety pin do to the spirits?'Chook' them?What if they come through the back and not the front?
People just follow what doesn't make sense.

More Blessings sir.

Some beliefs and traditions are just plain dumb. Common sense shouldn't lay fallow because of traditions abeg.
Re: Why Do Pregnant Women Attached Safety-pin(s) To Their Clothes/ Wears? by Frank3n2(m): 4:46pm On May 06, 2016
According to what I heard, they believe that the pin locks them inside and any jazz would bounce back instantly and the pin must touch their skin to work perfectly..
Re: Why Do Pregnant Women Attached Safety-pin(s) To Their Clothes/ Wears? by Omotayor123(f): 6:00pm On May 06, 2016
To wave evil eye and evil spirits, so i heard. grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Pregnant Women Attached Safety-pin(s) To Their Clothes/ Wears? by GodnGold: 10:43pm On May 06, 2016
A colleague once did this and when I asked her,it turned out it was a sacramental with a pin on it.
So she turned the picture to her belly inside the gown to protect her child.
kind of like a medallion.
Catholics may understand.
Re: Why Do Pregnant Women Attached Safety-pin(s) To Their Clothes/ Wears? by tosyne2much(m): 12:37am On May 07, 2016
I also grew up with the belief that safety pin prevents pregnant women against arrows of enemies which is peculiar to Yoruba people
Re: Why Do Pregnant Women Attached Safety-pin(s) To Their Clothes/ Wears? by kevoh(m): 6:40am On May 07, 2016
It's just a harmless superstitious belief. It really means nothing except mistakenly pricking your tummy when trying to put it on. It has a sort of placebo effect on the pregnant Moms, I would say if it ain't broke do not try to fix it meaning if the pregnant moms feel they and their baby are safe with it, why bother them. One should be more concerned in telling them to take ante-natal visits more seriously instead!
Re: Why Do Pregnant Women Attached Safety-pin(s) To Their Clothes/ Wears? by mostyg(m): 8:35am On May 07, 2016
Another superstition.
Re: Why Do Pregnant Women Attached Safety-pin(s) To Their Clothes/ Wears? by Ask4bigneyo(m): 7:04pm On May 08, 2016
tosyne2much:
I also grew up with the belief that safety pin prevents pregnant women against arrows of enemies which is peculiar to Yoruba people
Re: Why Do Pregnant Women Attached Safety-pin(s) To Their Clothes/ Wears? by Ask4bigneyo(m): 2:25pm On May 26, 2016
mostyg:
Another superstition.
For your mind
Re: Why Do Pregnant Women Attached Safety-pin(s) To Their Clothes/ Wears? by don4real18(m): 11:20am On Jun 24, 2016
Common sense will tell you that witches don't exist but don't they....... They are not forcing you to do the same.
After all, some of the pastors,imam tell you one and do the other
Re: Why Do Pregnant Women Attached Safety-pin(s) To Their Clothes/ Wears? by tayo60(f): 9:16pm On Jun 24, 2016
Saw one pregnant woman today with the safety pin attached directly to her belly button side. I just shook my head because of her ignorance. It doesn't stop d evil spirits from penetrating into d life of d baby. Only one's believe in God and His power does.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need Help.. Am Going Crazy. / Is It Possible Not To Have A Favourite Amongst One's Children? / I'm Having Serious Issues With My Step Dad Please Advice Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.