Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:54 AM

My Top 7 Mystery/crime Writers Of The 21st Century - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Top 7 Mystery/crime Writers Of The 21st Century (17106 Views)

A Dread In The Spine ( A Mystery Novel By Akintayo Akinjide) / Fear (Mystery) / Drop The Name of Your Best Romance Writers Of Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Top 7 Mystery/crime Writers Of The 21st Century by MrHighSea: 7:03am On Dec 05, 2019
StPete:
Nice list...

But you didn’t do justice for not adding the legendary author himself, the man whose many books have been made movies and still attained bestseller movie status...

Roll the drums for..................

Dan Brown
T

Into the world of symbology. Iconography, religious conspiracies, dark meanings of arts, anagrams, cryptography, succinct description of architectural masterpieces, sanctum sancturum of The Vatican, secret societies and international organizations, science, the live of Prof Langdon... All box into a novel.

As ur reading, use Google, u ll notice dt Dan Brown is far less fictional.

No blame me I just ate "Da Vinci code" for the fifth time within 4 years.

5 Likes

Re: My Top 7 Mystery/crime Writers Of The 21st Century by AFONJACOW(m): 7:05am On Dec 05, 2019
englishmart:
James Hardly Chase. Reading his Novels is like watching Hotel Mumbai or Skyscraper movie, etc.
I've read about 25 Hardly Chase's novels, Believed violent, we'll have a double funeral, and lots more. Detective Tom Lepski of 2nd grade....

Well, he's not of this century
vulture is a patients birth... Dead men tell no tale ... Chai old good days

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Top 7 Mystery/crime Writers Of The 21st Century by ekestic1976(f): 7:08am On Dec 05, 2019
AFONJACOW:
vulture is a patients birth... Dead men tell no tale ... Chai old good days

Wrong! "The Vulture is a Patient Bird", also known as "Safari to Slaughter".

1 Like

Re: My Top 7 Mystery/crime Writers Of The 21st Century by TheFacelessMan: 7:11am On Dec 05, 2019
angry

I am better than them ALL...COMBINED grin

1 Like

Re: My Top 7 Mystery/crime Writers Of The 21st Century by irrefragable: 7:12am On Dec 05, 2019
uzoclinton:
Mystery/Suspense novels undoubtedly are the best kind of novels out there. I love crime/mystery books so much that I can’t go a week without reading at least 2. And just like everyone, I do have a list of writers I choose my reads from. In lieu of this, I've compiled a list of my Top 7 Crime/Suspense writers of the 21st century. Starting from bottom to the top

Culled from: http://listwand.com
Where is Stephen King in your list? You've not started reading books if you've not read Stephen king.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Top 7 Mystery/crime Writers Of The 21st Century by AFONJACOW(m): 7:14am On Dec 05, 2019
ekestic1976:

Wrong! "The Vulture is a Patient Bird", also known as "Safari to Slaughter".

1 Like

Re: My Top 7 Mystery/crime Writers Of The 21st Century by Ranchhoddas: 7:18am On Dec 05, 2019
uzoclinton:
Guy this one na me List ooo. So it was Compiled at my own discretion. Besides Mario Puzo no even enter 21st century, him die for 20th century.
Sheldon did not write Mistress of the Game.
Re: My Top 7 Mystery/crime Writers Of The 21st Century by WriterX(m): 7:21am On Dec 05, 2019
englishmart:
James Hardly Chase. Reading his Novels is like watching Hotel Mumbai or Skyscraper movie, etc.
I've read about 25 Hardly Chase's novels, Believed violent, we'll have a double funeral, and lots more. Detective Tom Lepski of 2nd grade....

Well, he's not of this century

I am an aspiring crime writer because of Jhc my library contains 85% of his books even had to order some from outside, he is crazy and God knows he is exceptionally brilliant with his words.

James hardly and Tom Clancy are my role model when it comes to the literature world most especially James.
Re: My Top 7 Mystery/crime Writers Of The 21st Century by Ranchhoddas: 7:21am On Dec 05, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
I love his Omerta. Very interesting book.
The Sicilian Code of Silence.

Puzo was a god.
Hope you read The Godfather?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Top 7 Mystery/crime Writers Of The 21st Century by CoolJul: 7:23am On Dec 05, 2019
oh James Haley Chase. I read Believed Violent and I fell in love! Though it's not a 21st century book or but I can't help but mentioned him.

I'm exploring more of his books. I feel reluctant trying other authors( mystery/crime).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Top 7 Mystery/crime Writers Of The 21st Century by Nobody: 7:26am On Dec 05, 2019
Ranchhoddas:
The Sicilian Code of Silence.

Puzo was a god.
Hope you read The Godfather?
Definitely. How can u be a Puzo Fan without reading Godfather?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Top 7 Mystery/crime Writers Of The 21st Century by Nobody: 7:27am On Dec 05, 2019
CoolJul:
oh James Haley Chase. I read Believed Violent and I fell in love! Though it's not a 21st century book or but I can't help but mentioned him.

I'm exploring more of his books. I feel reluctant trying other authors( mystery/crime).

He's very good
Re: My Top 7 Mystery/crime Writers Of The 21st Century by Nobody: 7:28am On Dec 05, 2019
irrefragable:
Where is Stephen King in your list? You've not started reading books if you've not read Stephen king.
Never really connected with Stephen King writings. If he wrote Hannibal, that's the book of his I enjoyed.
Re: My Top 7 Mystery/crime Writers Of The 21st Century by joshima(m): 7:29am On Dec 05, 2019
nice list but... where's vince flynn, Chris kuzneski, jo nesbo on that list...
if not anyone jo nesbo should be there for award winning crime books like cockroaches and nemesis
Re: My Top 7 Mystery/crime Writers Of The 21st Century by saladinnoir: 7:31am On Dec 05, 2019
[quote author=uzoclinton post=45335008]Mystery/Suspense novels undoubtedly are the best kind of novels out there. I love crime/mystery books so much that I can’t go a week without reading at least 2. And just like everyone, I do have a list of writers I choose my reads from. In lieu of this, I've compiled a list of my Top 7 Crime/Suspense writers of the 21st century. Starting from bottom to the top

What of Arthur Conan Doyle, it's elementary my dear watson
Re: My Top 7 Mystery/crime Writers Of The 21st Century by tuzle(m): 7:32am On Dec 05, 2019
I have read a lot of John Grisham novels and I don't think u can classify his novels under mystery. This should be your own top 7 list

2 Likes

Re: My Top 7 Mystery/crime Writers Of The 21st Century by Techdra: 7:32am On Dec 05, 2019
Blake Pierce is a cool one but he's new age and mostly publishes in ebooks.
Re: My Top 7 Mystery/crime Writers Of The 21st Century by CrazyGooner(m): 7:33am On Dec 05, 2019
ekestic1976:

I started reading Hardley Chase novels in 1977 whilst studying for Higher School Certificate. My first novel was "Tiger by the Tail". By 1980, I had read going to 93 Chase novels both in Corgi and Panther editions. I also read Nick Carter, etc. The point I'm driving at is that our youths must be guided about the imperative of reading. The contemporary leaning on the internet, Nollywood and Hip Hop has no relevant and enduring values from which their futures can draw viable experiences.

correct bro, me about 156 copies
learnt a lot from them.

1 Like

Re: My Top 7 Mystery/crime Writers Of The 21st Century by tuzle(m): 7:34am On Dec 05, 2019
MrHighSea:
T

Into the world of symbology. Iconography, religious conspiracies, dark meanings of arts, anagrams, cryptography, succinct description of architectural masterpieces, sanctum sancturum of The Vatican, secret societies and international organizations, science, the live of Prof Langdon... All box into a novel.

dan brown too is OK, but is last novel was underwhelming compared to angels and demons

1 Like

Re: My Top 7 Mystery/crime Writers Of The 21st Century by joshima(m): 7:38am On Dec 05, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Definitely. How can u be a Puzo Fan without reading Godfather?
i actually haven't read the book though.. I've only read one from him "the family "
Re: My Top 7 Mystery/crime Writers Of The 21st Century by Nobody: 7:40am On Dec 05, 2019
joshima:
i actually haven't read the book though.. I've only read one from him "the family "
Go read it
Re: My Top 7 Mystery/crime Writers Of The 21st Century by BeijinDossier: 7:41am On Dec 05, 2019
Where's James Hadley Chase ? He should be number one.
Re: My Top 7 Mystery/crime Writers Of The 21st Century by GerraMeh74(m): 7:52am On Dec 05, 2019
What of Robert Ludlum The guy is my all time favorite!

4 Likes

Re: My Top 7 Mystery/crime Writers Of The 21st Century by irrefragable: 7:53am On Dec 05, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Never really connected with Stephen King writings. If he wrote Hannibal, that's the book of his I enjoyed.
How many of his books have you read? I don't think he wrote any book like Hannibal. Read some of his books then come back and tell me how it is. I would recommend ' cujo' for you to start with.

1 Like

Re: My Top 7 Mystery/crime Writers Of The 21st Century by kenny714433(m): 7:59am On Dec 05, 2019
Like how do these people sit down to write a book of 600+ pages?

I've tried so much but it's not working for me.

The Op forgot Dan Brown, maybe at 2016 when he created the topic ,Dan was not too popular.
Re: My Top 7 Mystery/crime Writers Of The 21st Century by Nobody: 8:01am On Dec 05, 2019
irrefragable:
How many of his books have you read? I don't think he wrote any book like Hannibal. Read some of his books then come back and tell me how it is. I would recommend ' cujo' for you to start with.
The book "Silence of the Lambs was written by Thomas Harris not Stephen king

2 Likes

Re: My Top 7 Mystery/crime Writers Of The 21st Century by kenny714433(m): 8:04am On Dec 05, 2019
MrHighSea:
T

At the introduction of his work "Da Vinci code " he said he wouldn't say the book is a fiction, neither will he say it's non fiction. All his works are done in 24hrs.

I'm yet to read Angels and demons but Da Vinci code blew my mind.

1 Like

Re: My Top 7 Mystery/crime Writers Of The 21st Century by Nobody: 8:04am On Dec 05, 2019
GerraMeh74:
What of Robert Ludlum The guy is my all time favorite!
This writer is good too.
Re: My Top 7 Mystery/crime Writers Of The 21st Century by princessdoyenne(f): 8:05am On Dec 05, 2019
Dean Koontz is a good writer but his plot is not always straight.

His use of language too is out of this world. I have to use a dictionary when reading his books.

Sidney Sheldon is the Don. Simple, realistic and sometimes funny. But he is a master.

Mary Higgins Clark too, she is very good.

You can check out Alex Kava. That's my new found love.
Her crime thrillers gets your heart racing

1 Like

Re: My Top 7 Mystery/crime Writers Of The 21st Century by irrefragable: 8:08am On Dec 05, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
The book "Silence of the Lambs was written by Thomas Harris not Stephen king
Read a Stephen king's book today and you'll be be addicted.
Re: My Top 7 Mystery/crime Writers Of The 21st Century by purples25(f): 8:08am On Dec 05, 2019
juicyice:
u smoke craze, were Mario Puzio "the Godfather" cool

I love Mario Puzo's books. End of story.

1 Like

Re: My Top 7 Mystery/crime Writers Of The 21st Century by Nobody: 8:11am On Dec 05, 2019
irrefragable:
Read a Stephen king's book today and you'll be be addicted.
Where can I download his books from?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day ! / So You Betrayed Me-a Christian Fiction / Sites To Read Novels Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.