Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,833 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:01 AM

Can A Woman Be Nigeria First President? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can A Woman Be Nigeria First President? (6874 Views)

Meet Hadi Sirika Katsina Billionaire Tipped To Be Nigeria's Minister Of Aviation / Aisha Buhari: Why President-elect’s Wife May Not Be Nigeria’s Next First Lady / Buhari Will Never Be Nigeria President - Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Woman Be Nigeria First President? by Truetalk(m): 8:50pm On Nov 17, 2006
It's a question that has been the talk of the day everywhere ,everyjunction,can a woman be nigeria's first president??
Re: Can A Woman Be Nigeria First President? by mochafella(m): 8:52pm On Nov 17, 2006
Truetalk:

It's a question that has been the talk of the day everywhere ,everyjunction,can a woman be nigeria's first president??

Huh? undecided
Re: Can A Woman Be Nigeria First President? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Nov 17, 2006
Ofcourse, I won't hesitate to vote for a smart woman like Okonjo-Iweala but she's a coward and is scared of confrontation or maybe she's just savvy enough not to bit the fingers that feed her.
Re: Can A Woman Be Nigeria First President? by mrmetoo(m): 9:25am On Nov 18, 2006
What do you mean by 1st president? What have we been having in the past?
Re: Can A Woman Be Nigeria First President? by otokx(m): 2:25pm On Nov 18, 2006
which one come be first president again? me i bow for some people o.
Re: Can A Woman Be Nigeria First President? by nilla(f): 2:35pm On Nov 18, 2006
Truetalk:

OR
do you mean can Nigeria have a (first) female president?
Re: Can A Woman Be Nigeria First President? by otokx(m): 2:42pm On Nov 18, 2006
It will take some time.
Re: Can A Woman Be Nigeria First President? by whiteroses(f): 8:13pm On Nov 18, 2006
i don't think so because they women will want to be perfect for all nigerian's which is not possible so she wouldn't be able to handle it and get depressed, all the difficulties and problem's Obasanjo face do you think a woman can handle it, i bet she will quit or mess things up. i really respect men because you can depend on them when things aren't looking good.holla
Re: Can A Woman Be Nigeria First President? by mrmetoo(m): 9:21pm On Nov 18, 2006
I really think it depends on the outcome of the next election period and how our next president performs. If the next elections are free and fair and our next president performs very well there might be a chance for a female president if people think she's right for the job. So I'll say at least not for another 8yrs depending on the state of the country.
Re: Can A Woman Be Nigeria First President? by BigB11(m): 10:48pm On Nov 18, 2006
Yes, if a woman could lead disabled Liberia, a woman can definitely rule Nigeria with no problem.

If she is experienced, qualified and strong enough to get the job done. Why not?
Re: Can A Woman Be Nigeria First President? by Sijien(m): 5:23pm On Nov 19, 2006
Donzman:

Ofcourse, I won't hesitate to vote for a smart woman like Okonjo-Iweala but she's a coward and is scared of confrontation or maybe she's just savvy enough not to bit the fingers that feed her.

dis man sef. what do you mean by that?

Truetalk:

but lets beserious, what is a woman looking for thre?
Re: Can A Woman Be Nigeria First President? by lewa(m): 8:16pm On Nov 19, 2006
Nigeria isn't Germany, Finland,or Liberia! 150 million people, 350 ethnic groups, 500 languages, different political axes etc. Not now, maybe another 2 decades!
Re: Can A Woman Be Nigeria First President? by olutomiwa(m): 6:09pm On Nov 22, 2006
hmmmmmmmmmm for naija?maybe when jesus come.
Re: Can A Woman Be Nigeria First President? by Truetalk(m): 12:19pm On Sep 08, 2007
There re lots of things that would hinder a woman from being nigeria'spresident.Factors that we cannot finish explaining if we have to start.Many people are seeing this issue from different angels.Most of the reasons is best known to us.But from my own view i would say if a woman has to be nigeria's Next president she must have passed through many challenges %%%Spiritually, Morallly, Physically,%% anyother thing you could imagine.The bad Eggs would never let her be.They would surely Bring her Down.God Help Nigeria.
I want to say a big thank you to everyone that contributed one way or the other .It makes me feel very happy and convinced that everyone that contributed wants a change for the better .We all wish someday that nigeria would be a place where no one would want to leave for a greener pasture where we have enough of resources here to be managed by deligent personalities.A big thanks to the people who corrected my use of English,Learning is a continious process ,we learn everyday of our lives.I have learn from every of your views and i wish it would continue that way.Take care of yourselves and remember your WEALTH IS YOUR HEALTH. AIDS IS REAL.

Peace
Truetalk. wink

Re: Can A Woman Be Nigeria First President? by shilo23(m): 1:20pm On Sep 08, 2007
Somebody like Dora Akunyili can be our first female president. How about dat?
Re: Can A Woman Be Nigeria First President? by ozigbo(m): 3:43pm On Sep 08, 2007
at the end of world
Re: Can A Woman Be Nigeria First President? by saintchux(m): 5:50pm On Sep 08, 2007
@poster

[quote ]
It's a question that has been the talk of the day everywhere ,everyjunction,can a woman be nigeria's first presidentHuh??

[quote][/quote]

A man can not be first Nigeria woman president ok!!!

Your question should have been Who will be Nigeria 1st female president? because already we have 1st African female president - Liberia President - Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf
Re: Can A Woman Be Nigeria First President? by Truetalk(m): 10:04am On Sep 10, 2007
saintchux:

@poster

Your question should have been Who will be Nigeria 1st female president? because already we have 1st African female president - Liberia President - Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf

EFFYWE, shocked
Re: Can A Woman Be Nigeria First President? by Truetalk(m): 10:09am On Sep 10, 2007
saintchux:

@poster

EFFYWE, shocked
Re: Can A Woman Be Nigeria First President? by BABEELOVE(f): 2:31pm On Sep 10, 2007
@topic

Why not?

I personally favour Mrs Etteh---the current speaker of the house.  She sure has covered  "all bases" !!!! Okonjo-Iweala cannot match her skills.

----someone who could not keep her own husband from frolicking with his co-workers ----can definitely not rule Nigeria---not enough bottom power no sirs!!!!!  wink

Make una vote for Madam Etteh oh!!!! tongue
Re: Can A Woman Be Nigeria First President? by darfur(m): 3:20pm On Sep 10, 2007
BABEELOVE:

@topic

Why not?

I personally favour Mrs Etteh---the current speaker of the house. She sure has covered "all bases" !!!! Okonjo-Iweala cannot match her skills.

----someone who could not keep her own husband from frolicking with his co-workers ----can definitely not rule Nigeria---not enough bottom power no sirs!!!!! wink

Make una vote for Madam Etteh oh!!!! tongue
yes o!!!!!!!!!! cheesy
etteh for president
nzeribe for vice president
terry wayas for chief justice
ibori efcc chairman

nigeria ahead cheesy
backward never, forward ever grin grin grin. . . .direction?never mind grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Can A Woman Be Nigeria First President? by PeeDaVinci: 3:35pm On Sep 10, 2007
Can the first poster rre-frame the title 'Can A Woman Be Nigeria First President?' to something more sensible
Re: Can A Woman Be Nigeria First President? by deb(m): 1:12pm On Apr 07, 2010
darfur:

yes o!!!!!!!!!! cheesy
etteh for president
nzeribe for vice president
terry wayas for chief justice
ibori efcc chairman

nigeria ahead cheesy
backward never, forward ever grin grin grin. . . .direction?never mind  grin grin grin grin grin

LAUGHS  grin

@poster, we already had our first President since 1960
Re: Can A Woman Be Nigeria First President? by AfroCynic: 1:15pm On Apr 07, 2010
It may be me.
Re: Can A Woman Be Nigeria First President? by Sunofgod(m): 2:20pm On Apr 07, 2010
Thought Turai was President?

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram: Rival Group Drops Threat Leaflets In 10 Northern States / Why Kogi, Gombe Ministers Have Not Been Inaugurated / Convention: APC National Caucus Meets Today, NEC Tomorrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.