Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,645 members, 7,801,875 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:13 AM

Can This Happen In Nigeria? Obama Replies And Visits An Eight Year Old Girl - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can This Happen In Nigeria? Obama Replies And Visits An Eight Year Old Girl (892 Views)

Obama Replies A Nigerian Man On Twitter / Iara Oshiomhole Visits An Orphanage In Edo State - Photos / Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can This Happen In Nigeria? Obama Replies And Visits An Eight Year Old Girl by naijainfogalery: 10:30am On May 06, 2016
If there is anything that makes America great, It’s because their leaders have learned to listen to the voice of the masses.

A concerned eight year old girl who resides in Flint, Michigan; Mari Copeny also known as “Little Miss Flint” wrote to President Obama to inform him of the public health crises in her neighborhood.

In her letter, she also explained that she is heading towards the Presidents direction and would appreciate if she could meet with him or his wife during her trip to Washington, D.C.

But Obama after reading her letter, decided to pay her a visit at her home town in Flint, Michigan instead, on Wednesday May 4th, 2016 to meet and address the issues of public health crisis in her neighbourhood. This is to enable the president speak with the concerned community.

Here is Mari’s letter to President Obama, and his reply to little Miss Flint; Mari:

Mr. President,

Hello my name is Mari Copeny and I’m 8 years old, I live in Flint, Michigan and I’m more commonly known around town as “Little Miss Flint”. I am one of the children that is effected by this water, and I’ve been doing my best to march in protest and to speak out for all the kids that live here in Flint. This Thursday I will be riding a bus to Washington, D.C. to watch the congressional hearings of our Governor Rick Snyder. I know this is probably an odd request but I would love for a chance to meet you or your wife. My mom said chances are you will be too busy with more important things, but there is a lot of people coming on these buses and even just a meeting from you or your wife would really lift people’s spirits. Thank you for all that do for our country. I look forward to being able to come to Washington and to be able to see Gov. Snyder in person and to be able to be in the city where you live.

Source: http://www.naijanani.com/can-happen-nigeria-obama-replies-visits-eight-year-old/

Watch video here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8q7sypKsAQ

Can this happen in Nigeria lalasticlala?
Re: Can This Happen In Nigeria? Obama Replies And Visits An Eight Year Old Girl by naijainfogalery: 10:34am On May 06, 2016
Re: Can This Happen In Nigeria? Obama Replies And Visits An Eight Year Old Girl by Benjom(m): 10:38am On May 06, 2016
We'll get there cool

1 Like

Re: Can This Happen In Nigeria? Obama Replies And Visits An Eight Year Old Girl by coursednigerian(m): 10:41am On May 06, 2016
dem get time
Re: Can This Happen In Nigeria? Obama Replies And Visits An Eight Year Old Girl by osesology(m): 10:41am On May 06, 2016
Cool stuff!
Re: Can This Happen In Nigeria? Obama Replies And Visits An Eight Year Old Girl by coursednigerian(m): 10:42am On May 06, 2016
if the name of the girl is France, china or any country just wait buhari go come

3 Likes

Re: Can This Happen In Nigeria? Obama Replies And Visits An Eight Year Old Girl by EYIMICHAEL(m): 10:43am On May 06, 2016
The Power of Pen...

God bless America God bless Nigeria
Re: Can This Happen In Nigeria? Obama Replies And Visits An Eight Year Old Girl by mankan2k7(m): 10:43am On May 06, 2016
Bros he no fit happen here

Even thousand of shitts die he no concern bubu
Fulani is killing hundred in d south bubu no send
uzo uwani massacre no matter to him at all
na to reach France sure pass for bubu

1 Like

Re: Can This Happen In Nigeria? Obama Replies And Visits An Eight Year Old Girl by queenoflafia(f): 10:53am On May 06, 2016
Make somebody tell Baba make e dey read news abeg
Re: Can This Happen In Nigeria? Obama Replies And Visits An Eight Year Old Girl by Gmajor(m): 10:58am On May 06, 2016
of course it Can happen it Nigeria...
strictly on election period though
Re: Can This Happen In Nigeria? Obama Replies And Visits An Eight Year Old Girl by naijainfogalery: 11:00am On May 06, 2016
our own leaders will think they are doing us a favour. Naija needs a new way of thinking, leadership needs to be redefined
Re: Can This Happen In Nigeria? Obama Replies And Visits An Eight Year Old Girl by Eshinwaju: 11:08am On May 06, 2016
Post office dey Nigeria sef...so how in the first place is the president going to receive a letter from a member of the public.. grin
Re: Can This Happen In Nigeria? Obama Replies And Visits An Eight Year Old Girl by BiafranJesus: 11:14am On May 06, 2016
That can never happen under Buhari, the terrorist and paedophile. He would have raped her. remember he started raping Aisha from the age of 9
Re: Can This Happen In Nigeria? Obama Replies And Visits An Eight Year Old Girl by naijainfogalery: 9:46am On May 09, 2016
dude ! take it easy mehn
BiafranJesus:
That can never happen under Buhari, the terrorist and paedophile. He would have raped her. remember he started raping Aisha from the age of 9

(1) (Reply)

Pls What Is The Meaning Of FUEL SUBSIDY? / Governor Ganduje Changing The Face Of Kano / Court Sacks Enugu Rep, Declares Ozomgbachi Winner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.