Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,424 members, 7,781,235 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:04 AM

What Hairstyle Wud You Recommend For My Face Shape? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / What Hairstyle Wud You Recommend For My Face Shape? (37226 Views)

What Hairstyle Would Look Good On Me? / Ladies Checkout This Latest Cute And Sexy Hairstyle / How Wud You React If Someone Wore The Same Clothes As You At A Party? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Hairstyle Wud You Recommend For My Face Shape? by prettycy(f): 2:55pm On Aug 12, 2009
Please help me, i want to fix a short weave-on,
but I don't know the style that will fit me.
I have a V-face with small skull (not too small oh) smiley

Re: What Hairstyle Wud You Recommend For My Face Shape? by mohawkchic(f): 7:30pm On Aug 12, 2009
~You've never fixed short weave before or you just want to experiment w/ styles?

~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-202569.0.html
Re: What Hairstyle Wud You Recommend For My Face Shape? by oyinda3(f): 2:54am On Aug 13, 2009
you seem to have a rounder face but i'm not sure. can you post a straight full face pic of u?
read below. esp. the round face part (which i think you have)

-------------

Oval Face Shape
Only slightly narrower at the jaw line than at the temples, with a gently rounded hairline.

Try
A variety of styles. Just about any hair shape looks good on you. Your "perfect" features allow you to wear a wider range of styles than any other face shape. Have you ever noticed the majority of models fall into this shape? Have you noticed how many different hair styles they can wear?

You can wear short, medium and long hair styles. Your face shape is well "balanced", or in even proportion. You will look best when styling your hair off your face. Most oval face shapes can wear slicked-backed looks as well.

Avoid

Hair styles that cover up your "perfect" features with heavy bangs, or too forward-directed styles.

In wearing your hair style on your face, you'll lose your face shape behind the hair. This may appear to add weight to your face.

-------------

Rectangular or Oblong Face Shape
Long and slender, about the same width at forehead and just below cheekbones. May have a very narrow chin or a very high forehead.

Try
Styles with short to medium lengths. Fullness at the sides of your face and wispy bangs soften the look of longer face shapes. You'll want to balance the look of a long and slender face. Soft wispy bangs will shorten the appearance of the length. Fullness at the sides of your face will add width to the look of your face shape.

By cutting the hair into a short or medium length, the outline of the cut will also shorten the look of the length of the face. Layers work great with your face shape, as they will add softness to the straight lines in your face. Try side parts, and you may be able to wear straight back styles.

Avoid

Too much hair length . . . this will make your face will look even longer! Too much height lengthens your face. Center parts look great on people with a rectangular or oblong face shape. When your hair grows past your shoulders, there is a good chance it is doing you more harm than good. The models with rectangular face shapes and long hair get by with it only because they have an "on call" hairdresser. This professional is at the models disposal and can usually be found busily primping and teasing, setting and styling to add fullness to the hair. Since most of us don’t have this luxury, my suggestion is keep it above shoulder length.

-------------

Round Face Shape
Full-looking face with a round chin and hairline. Widest point is at the cheeks and ears.

Try
Hair styles with fullness and height at the crown. Off center parts help reduce the roundness. Short hair styles with a swept-back direction or hair styles that are longer than chin length. By layering the top to achieve fullness and keeping the rest of the cut relatively close to the face, your round face shape will appear longer and narrower.

Avoid
Chin length hair with a rounded line that mirrors face’s round shape. Center parts tend to accentuate roundness. Also avoid styles with short-short crops, or straight "chopped" bangs. Fullness at side of ears also accentuates the round shape. A rounded haircut ending at the chin will certainly add weight to your already round face shape. Because the widest part of your face is at the cheeks and ears, you need to avoid having the fullness of the cut here, as it will make your face appear wider. I've written more about round face shapes in my article Round Face Shapes can be Slimmed, Hairstyles a round shape and Hairstyles for Round Face Shapes.

------------

Square Face Shape
A strong, square jaw line and usually an equally square hairline.

Try
Short-to-medium length hair, especially with wave or roundness around the face. Wispy bangs will soften the angular shape. Off-center parts with height at the crown look great on square faces. You want to soften the square look of your face with layers and wispy looks around the face. Height at the crown will elongate your symmetrical shape. If your hair is straight, you may want to consider a body wave, as some curl or wave to the hair will achieve a nice balance to the straight features of your face shape.

Avoid
Long straight styles that accentuate the square jawbone. "Linear" straight bangs or center parts aren't the best choice. A straight bob ending at the jaw line is the wrong thing to do for your face shape. You can wear a layered bob, however it should end above or below the jaw line, not at the jaw. Make sure in styling that you achieve some roundness to the shape and some height at the crown or bangs, and you will be on the right track.

------------
Heart Face Shape
Face is wide at the temples and hairline, narrowing to a small delicate chin.

Try
Chin-length or longer styles work well with a heart shaped face. Other styles to try: side-parted hair styles or swept-forward layers around the upper face, with gently wispy bangs. A chin length bob is great on your face shape! This creates a balanced look by giving fullness where you need it. You can wear shorter styles; however, if you are a dramatic heart shape you need to leave weight in the back nape area. This will achieve more balance between your dramatic cheekbones and more narrow chin.

Avoid
Short, full styles that emphasize the upper face. Stay away from styles with too much height at the crown. Severe, slicked back looks are too harsh for this shape too. If you are a dramatic heart shape, the short, full styles with tapered necklines, which emphasize the upper face will make you look top heavy. Too much height at the crown will give the appearance of a longer and narrower chin. Just remember if you have a dramatic heart shape face, you have great cheekbones to emphasize! Don't miss the boat by getting a cut which is too top heavy.

------------
Triangle Face Shape
Reverse of the heart-shape . . . a dominant jaw line with narrowing at the cheek bone and temples.

Try
Shorter hair that balances prominent jaw line. Styles that are full at the temples and taper at the jaw are perfect for triangular shapes.  Off center parts, wedges and shags look great on you, too. You need lots of layers to achieve fullness through the upper part of your face. By wearing styles which are full at the temples and taper at the jaw line, you achieve a balance that can be striking in accenting features otherwise understated. Try tucking hair behind your ears, as this will draw attention to your eyes and add the illusion of width in this area.

Avoid
Long, full hair styles that draw attention to jaw line. Center parts—off-center is more flattering to triangular shaped faces.

Stay away from styles with too much height at the crown.  You also want to avoid putting most of the weight of a haircut at the jaw line and below. This will give the appearance of added weight to the face.

If going with long hair, it should be kept tight at the nape.

-------------

Diamond Face Shape
A cross between heart and a dramatic oval. Widest at the cheekbones, and narrow equally at the forehead and jaw line.

Try
Your face shape is balanced and dramatic. Experiment with a variety of styles. Almost everything works with your face (as long as you are a true diamond). You can wear shorter styles. However, if you are a dramatic diamond shape, you need to leave weight in the back nape area like someone with a heart shaped face. This will achieve more balance between your dramatic cheekbones and more delicate chin line.

Avoid

You can do just about everything, but try not to wear too much hair on your face, thereby hiding your great features.
http://www.visual-makeover.com/face.htm
Re: What Hairstyle Wud You Recommend For My Face Shape? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Aug 13, 2009
Poster, you have a nice facial structure. Try to show it, not hide.

Long here, will make your hair look bigger. I'd suggest short hair, but it'd be hard to maintain

Try puffy short twists, , ponytails etc

Re: What Hairstyle Wud You Recommend For My Face Shape? by MyPeace(f): 9:40am On Aug 14, 2009
at Poster

Are u Kemi?
Re: What Hairstyle Wud You Recommend For My Face Shape? by Nobody: 1:09am On Aug 15, 2009
@Oyinda

Thanks for posting that. But it's kind of confusing. I look at some my pictures and it looks like my face structure's oval but then again I look at some other pics and it looks like an inverted triangle. I'm confused.
Re: What Hairstyle Wud You Recommend For My Face Shape? by Sissy3(f): 2:09am On Aug 15, 2009
@ Stillwater maybe you could try asking a friend/family to help you figure out you real shape?
Re: What Hairstyle Wud You Recommend For My Face Shape? by Outstrip(f): 2:19am On Aug 15, 2009
FL Gators I love the one with the blue dress. What kind of hair is that. I don't mind keeping my hair like that all the time. What kind of hair is that and where can I get it. Do you know anyone in ATL that can fix it for me
Re: What Hairstyle Wud You Recommend For My Face Shape? by oyinda3(f): 6:57am On Aug 15, 2009
outstrip, from ur profile pic, your face looks oval.
why do u think inverted triangle? is ur chin prominent? and ur upper face wider?
oval means it's the same width at the top and at the bottom. symmetrical like an egg. and inverted triangle is wider at forehead with narrow chin (like an inverted triangle obviously lol).
Re: What Hairstyle Wud You Recommend For My Face Shape? by Outstrip(f): 7:17am On Aug 15, 2009
Actually my face is round but I know that hairstyle will look good on me
Re: What Hairstyle Wud You Recommend For My Face Shape? by Nobody: 7:26am On Aug 15, 2009
LOL, I got it from the net . Where's ATL?
Re: What Hairstyle Wud You Recommend For My Face Shape? by Outstrip(f): 3:59pm On Aug 15, 2009
ATL is Atlanta
Re: What Hairstyle Wud You Recommend For My Face Shape? by Outstrip(f): 4:03pm On Aug 15, 2009
I need to find someone to fix my hair just like that. I have saved the picture and I am sending it to my sisters. I have a ball coming up in september and I promised my sister I would attend. I already have the fabric for the dress I think and the style I will sew but with this hair I will be the queen of the dance LOL
Re: What Hairstyle Wud You Recommend For My Face Shape? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Aug 15, 2009
Outstrip:

I need to find someone to fix my hair just like that. I have saved the picture and I am sending it to my sisters. I have a ball coming up in september and I promised my sister I would attend. I already have the fabric for the dress I think and the style I will sew but with this hair I will be the queen of the dance LOL
LOL, the best answer is google, thats where I go.
Just search up some saloons up at oyur area, am sure you'll find something wink
Re: What Hairstyle Wud You Recommend For My Face Shape? by mamagee6(f): 11:47pm On Aug 15, 2009
Try Brush head. grin grin
Re: What Hairstyle Wud You Recommend For My Face Shape? by Nobody: 1:47am On Aug 16, 2009
~Sissy~:

@ Stillwater maybe you could try asking a friend/family to help you figure out you real shape?

Just did. Everyone decided it's oval. cheesy
Re: What Hairstyle Wud You Recommend For My Face Shape? by b0y(m): 2:56am On Aug 16, 2009
N, Nice thread, Really nice thread **staring at OUTSTRIP'S profile pic n drooling** grin
Re: What Hairstyle Wud You Recommend For My Face Shape? by Beaf: 3:47am On Aug 16, 2009
Women sef! grin
Re: What Hairstyle Wud You Recommend For My Face Shape? by remoranger(m): 9:39am On Aug 16, 2009
Just shave the WHOLE LOT grin grin

@poster
psst by the way can i have your number? cool grin
Re: What Hairstyle Wud You Recommend For My Face Shape? by Nezan(m): 2:05pm On Aug 17, 2009
women and fashion grin cheesy wink
Re: What Hairstyle Wud You Recommend For My Face Shape? by RuDeGyal(f): 4:00pm On Aug 17, 2009
try hairsisters.com wink wink
Re: What Hairstyle Wud You Recommend For My Face Shape? by oyinda3(f): 10:33pm On Aug 17, 2009
where did all these men come from? grin is dis because the topic is on front page? lol
Re: What Hairstyle Wud You Recommend For My Face Shape? by Sissy3(f): 2:39am On Aug 18, 2009
LOL. . . men sef grin grin
Re: What Hairstyle Wud You Recommend For My Face Shape? by mohawkchic(f): 4:17pm On Aug 18, 2009
~Finding the Style cud be easy,getting a good stylist to do justice to it is a whole different thing tho,hope you'd bear that in mind!

~Will post you some pics to consider L8r. . .

(1) (Reply)

"I Am Happier In Bikinis": Yvonne Nwosu Shares Photos / PINK LIPS::: New Fashion Trend For Men? / Man Tattoos The Nigeria Coat Of Arms On His Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.