Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,950 members, 7,806,744 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:24 PM

The Ogboni Assembly - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Ogboni Assembly (3357 Views)

I Really Want To Join The Ogboni Secret Society/fraternity In Nigeria To Become / The Ogboni State. / The Ogboni Assembly 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Ogboni Assembly by lawani: 1:55pm On May 06, 2016
There are presently, numerous videos online showing legislators fighting physically amongst themselves in their national assemblies. There are very many of these videos online from different countries, even the United States. Then we have Russia, Turkey, Britain, Germany and etc. Such occurrence goes to show that public administration or government has been trivialized in the overwhelming majority of nations because even boards of corporations meet and the meetings do not degenerate into fisticuffs. They have rules of engagement. Even if one public company is going to take over another public company via a hostile take over, I believe it can never degenerate into a physical showdown because they have rules of engagement which they stictly adhere to.

The problem of brawling legislative assemblies is global in extent and maybe a few countries like China and Singapore may be somewhat exempt if I am correct.

It calls for concern because such brawling legislative assemblies is totally indicative of a fault in the structure of public asministration which would not have been there if proper rules of engagement were put in place.

In pre colonial Yoruba land, there was an Ogboni council or assembly in every Yoruba domain, city or small town with officers like Oluwo, Apena and etc. Every free man was a member of the Ogboni assembly in his town, only slaves were barred from joining. The Ogboni members assemble frequently under the leadership of their officers and they discuss matters of importance to the town, city or state in an offhand manner and reach unanimous decisions which every member must stand by, no matter what and against all odds. The Ogboni were in full control of the Yoruba domain in the past and the Obas and the Oloyes worked for them. They were their servants.

What to take note of is that there has never been a situation whereby an Ogboni meeting ended up in fisticuffs, verbal abuse or physical showdown. They have been able to maintain decorum for thousands of years. No fight in an Ogboni assembly, no bitterness and no disagreement whatsoever. No allignments according to political parties too. All free men were members.

The Ogboni were able to achieve such a decorum because they have a standing rule 'NO MEMBER SHOULD MOVE A MOTION OR SUGGEST SOMETHING THAT IS UNFAIR TO ANOTHER HUMAN BEING WHEREVER THAT ONE IS IN THE WORLD WHETHER A FREE MAN OR A SLAVE'. That rule of engagement is what has gotten the Ogboni confraternity so far. They have thus being able to maintain decorum. To oppose a motion in an Ogboni assembly, all you have to do is to show how it is unfair to someone else, whether or not the person is an Ogboni member, and the motion will be dropped immediately and unanimously.

Such a rule of engagement is what ought to be adopted by all national assemblies across board to put an end to the maladministration and rowdiness that is now normal in our modern democracies. National Assemblies modelled after the Ogboni will definitely solve the problem once and for all.
Re: The Ogboni Assembly by Nobody: 2:36pm On May 06, 2016
Interesting one sir but whic of the Ogbonis?

1. Ogboni Obatala.

2. Ogboni Ooni.

3. Ogboni of towns (council such as old Oyo, Ijebu etc).

4. Ogboni Aborigene

5. Christian Ogboni (R. O. F.)

6. Blood money Ogboni type mostly involving Ibo men.

Keep in mind majority of the Reps & Senate members from the south are Ogboni (Aborigene, R.O.F & Ibo blood money Ogboni).
Re: The Ogboni Assembly by TANTUMERGO007(m): 2:38pm On May 06, 2016
i sprinkle the BLOOD OF JESUS on this thread, all ogbonni shall die cry

AMIN

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ogboni Assembly by Elchappo: 2:40pm On May 06, 2016
So in essence, you re selling Ogboni to us

Nwanne, u need Jesus Christ..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ogboni Assembly by lawani: 4:39pm On May 06, 2016
9jacrip:

1. Ogboni Obatala.

2. Ogboni Ooni.

4. Ogboni Aborigene

Keep in mind majority of the Reps & Senate members from the south are Ogboni (Aborigene, R.O.F & Ibo blood money Ogboni).

Ogboni is Ogboni but anything can be perverted but the article below I believe represents the original purpose

https://www.nairaland.com/3090068/children-earth
Re: The Ogboni Assembly by omogin(f): 5:27pm On May 06, 2016
9jacrip:

1. Ogboni Obatala.

2. Ogboni Ooni.

4. Ogboni Aborigene

You're the funniest soul on earth cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The Ogboni Assembly by Nobody: 6:31pm On May 06, 2016
lawani:

Ogboni is Ogboni but anything can be perverted but the article below I believe represents the original purpose

https://www.nairaland.com/3090068/children-earth

I suppose you're Ogboni, if yes, we should talk.

And no, Ogboni is not Ogboni.

A person who is in the Ogboni council like Oyo Mesi is not the same as the Ogboni Aborigene. This, such a person o le se awo lo ile awon Ogboni ibile - vise versa except the individual is a member of both.

Ogboni Aborigene is not & is not Ogboni ROF. Though, they share some similar language because one is an offshoot of the other, one is Christianity based while one is very traditional which means they have a conflicting point - they may be able to attend each other's gatherings.

Ogboni of blood money is not anywhere close to the 3 Ogboni mentioned above. This is solely for money rituals & bussiness support - a member of this group is a complete Ogberi to Aborigene & ROF.

Ogboni Obatala is the source for other Ogbonis. None of the others can enter the gathering of Ogboni Obatala but Ogboni Obatala can enter any of the othet gatherings.

This is why Ogboni is NOT Ogboni.
Re: The Ogboni Assembly by Nobody: 6:34pm On May 06, 2016
omogin:

You're the funniest soul on earth cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Lol

How?
Re: The Ogboni Assembly by omogin(f): 6:54pm On May 06, 2016
9jacrip:

Lol

How?
I like as you subtly analyze the ogboni for the ogboni promoter cheesy
Re: The Ogboni Assembly by macof(m): 7:12pm On May 06, 2016
I had a discussion with a guy who said Ogboni was like a one-party system Yorubas operated with in the past grin grin grin grin
Re: The Ogboni Assembly by macof(m): 7:13pm On May 06, 2016
9jacrip:

1. Ogboni Obatala.

2. Ogboni Ooni.

4. Ogboni Aborigene

are 3 and 4 not the same
Re: The Ogboni Assembly by Nobody: 7:15pm On May 06, 2016
macof:

is 3 and 4 not the same

No.

You fall into the council/oyomesi type of Ogboni by family title, political experience or wealth. You work with the king as the legislative arm.

Aborigene is Ogboni with an ile, edan and onile. Anyone can be invited to join or anyone can request to join.

You can he the first and the second but you may be the second and not make it into the first.

2 Likes

Re: The Ogboni Assembly by Nobody: 7:18pm On May 06, 2016
omogin:

I like as you subtly analyze the ogboni for the ogboni promoter cheesy

Oh lol.

Actually, I just want to be us to get the Ogboni we are working with on this thread before every Christian, Muslim & the ignorant begin to creep in & act like this place is to promote blood money & the likes.
Re: The Ogboni Assembly by Nobody: 7:20pm On May 06, 2016
macof:
I had a discussion with a guy who said Ogboni was like a one-party system Yorubas operated with in the past grin grin grin grin

Lol

People are generally ignorant of most things traditional.
Re: The Ogboni Assembly by lawani: 7:24pm On May 06, 2016
9jacrip:

I suppose you're Ogboni, if yes, we should talk offline as I am an Ogboni too but ni ile Obatala.

And no, Ogboni is not Ogboni.

A person who is in the Ogboni council like Oyo Mesi is not the same as the Ogboni Aborigene. This, such a person o le se awo lo ile awon Ogboni ibile - vise versa except the individual is a member of both.

Ogboni Aborigene is not & is not Ogboni ROF. Though, they share some similar language because one is an offshoot of the other, one is Christianity based while one is very traditional which means they have a conflicting point - they may be able to attend each other's gatherings.

Ogboni of blood money is not anywhere close to the 3 Ogboni mentioned above. This is solely for money rituals & bussiness support - a member of this group is a complete Ogberi to Aborigene & ROF.

Ogboni Obatala is the source for other Ogbonis. None of the others can enter the gathering of Ogboni Obatala but Ogboni Obatala can enter any of the othet gatherings.

This is why Ogboni is NOT Ogboni.

I am not Ogboni but I am a student of the Earth cultures and I understand why the Ogboni fraternity was formed and what it represents. The Ogboni was formed to keep the power in the hands of the people and as a check on those who may be inclined to misuse authourity. The most important thing in the Ogboni is the solemn prayer or oath by the members saying 'I will not prosper if I do evil against another human being'. This keeps an Ogboni member sober at all times. If that solemn oath is absent and the attitude of abiding by it is also absent, then that is not an Ogboni fraternity. Also, a group formed to facilitate osole rituals that involves human rituals is not an Ogboni faternity but something else.
Re: The Ogboni Assembly by lawani: 7:26pm On May 06, 2016
macof:

Yes, the guy is right, the Ogboni can be said to be a one party system of government or a zero party system of government.
Re: The Ogboni Assembly by lawani: 7:35pm On May 06, 2016
The owner of the Ogboni is Obatala

A fun nini gba fun aini

O so eni kan soso di igba eni

A nire niwa Ani wa nire.

Baba nla oko Yemoo

Oba ala funfun gboo

O sun ninu ala. O tinu ala dide

Aji ma je nkan to leegun

A pa gbin je ma pokolo
Yeepa orisa o! Yeepa orisa o!
Yeeparipa! Baba
Re: The Ogboni Assembly by lawani: 8:37pm On May 06, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:
i sprinkle the BLOOD OF JESUS on this thread, all ogbonni shall die cry

AMIN

As time goes on, your eyes will clear. The Jesus you mention was most probably a member of Ogboni or something similar in Kemitic Egypt. The Ogboni cry is Eriwoya! From which I believe Haleluyah is derived from. Peter means rock and that is ede Ife or Yoruba language. Peter is same thing as Apata which means rock in Yoruba. There are so many indications and tell tale signs that show that Jesus whom you worship was an Awo who derailed by equating himself to God.

1 Like

Re: The Ogboni Assembly by Nobody: 2:46am On May 09, 2016
lawani:

I am not Ogboni but I am a student of the Earth cultures and I understand why the Ogboni fraternity was formed and what it represents. The Ogboni was formed to keep the power in the hands of the people and as a check on those who may be inclined to misuse authourity. The most important thing in the Ogboni is the solemn prayer or oath by the members saying 'I will not prosper if I do evil against another human being'. This keeps an Ogboni member sober at all times. If that solemn oath is absent and the attitude of abiding by it is also absent, then that is not an Ogboni fraternity. Also, a group formed to facilitate osole rituals that involves human rituals is not an Ogboni faternity but something else.

If you're not Ogboni then how or where are you supposed to get information upon which you want to base the discussion of this thread upon?

Wiwo ni enu awo nwo; I do not think an omo iya would be so stupid to furnish you with intricate Ogboni information.

I suppse you've been reading literatires revealing little about Ogboni.

Anyways bro, the emboldened is the reason I highlighted types of Ogboni in order that the ignorant, christians & muslims would be aware of what your thread is about & expunge rubbish thoughts from their minds.

As for Ogboni not doing evil to themselves or someone else; it is a clear case of conscience & self-fortification or being careful. Ogboni harm/kill themselves steady not to mention an Ogberi. This is why one has to be careful of what Ile he or she initiates and what other Iles s/he goes to for whatever.
Re: The Ogboni Assembly by Nobody: 2:50am On May 09, 2016
Re: The Ogboni Assembly by Pidggin(f): 3:58am On May 09, 2016
lawani:

As time goes on, your eyes will clear. The Jesus you mention was most probably a member of Ogboni or something similar in Kemitic Egypt. The Ogboni cry is Eriwoya! From which I believe Haleluyah is derived from. Peter means rock and that is ede Ife or Yoruba language. Peter is same thing as Apata which means rock in Yoruba. There are so many indications and tell tale signs that show that Jesus whom you worship was an Awo who derailed by equating himself to God.

Blood of Jesus!!

You no dey fear God? Desist from this insult, Jesus is Lord.

1 Like

Re: The Ogboni Assembly by AustineE1: 6:58am On May 09, 2016
9jacrip:

1. Ogboni Obatala.

2. Ogboni Ooni.

4. Ogboni Aborigene

The idea is to deceive the gullible,the un-initiated,dividing the clandestine association into different groups and then calling one according to you 'Ibo blood money Ogboni',so as to convince your andience that Ogboni is good left for the 'Ibo blood money Ogboni'.
The truth remains that Ogboni world wide observes almost the same tradition and initiation rites,the all demand the oath of secrecy from their members,observes secret signs and symbols,the un-iniated are nt allowed into their assemblies,rituals are carried out as at when required.
Like the one you tagged 'Ibo blood money ogboni',for me,you didnt dissappoint me,because as its very common trait with a Yoruba man to shift blames when things goes wrong,an average Nigerian knows that the Yorubas are they custodians of blood money,i know how difficult it is to get a genuine business man or politician amoung yorubas,who is nt involved in blood rituals in other to enhance his pursuits in life.The news dailies are inundated with stories of blood ritualists of which 90-95% are yorubas...google is your friend. You can rather tag it YORUBA TRADITIONAL BLOOD MONEY OGBONI.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Ogboni Assembly by double0seven(m): 8:32am On May 09, 2016
Pidggin:

Blood of Jesus!!

You no dey fear God? Desist from this insult, Jesus is Lord.

You that delights in calling white black and what is black white.

Doubt if Jesus means anything to you. All that is coming from you is just sound bites.
Re: The Ogboni Assembly by Nobody: 11:02am On May 09, 2016
AustineE1:

The idea is to deceive the gullible,the un-initiated,dividing the clandestine association into different groups and then calling one according to you 'Ibo blood money Ogboni',so as to convince your andience that Ogboni is good left for the 'Ibo blood money Ogboni'.
The truth remains that Ogboni world wide observes almost the same tradition and initiation rites,the all demand the oath of secrecy from their members,observes secret signs and symbols,the un-iniated are nt allowed into their assemblies,rituals are carried out as at when required.
Like the one you tagged 'Ibo blood money ogboni',for me,you didnt dissappoint me,because as its very common trait with a Yoruba man to shift blames when things goes wrong,an average Nigerian knows that the Yorubas are they custodians of blood money,i know how difficult it is to get a genuine business man or politician amoung yorubas,who is nt involved in blood rituals in other to enhance his pursuits in life.The news dailies are inundated with stories of blood ritualists of which 90-95% are yorubas...google is your friend. You can rather tag it YORUBA TRADITIONAL BLOOD MONEY OGBONI.

Uncle, if you are not an Ogboni, I do not see why you should call me out or make claims.

Ogboni is not Ogboni, get it?

All it takes it for you to join Ogboni Obatala or Aborigene, put in work for years till you get to a point where you can demand to have your own temple with the deities & necessary materials to go with. Once you get this, you can go start an 'ogboni' & spin it off into anything.

Yes, I called it Igbo Blood money group, not in order to malign but for clarification purposes. The reason why is because I have met a few of them, they mostly wear red cap & have this mark far removed from where Aborigebe & ROF have theirs. The purpose is for and business network - the minor Ogboni-esque part is to enforce secrecy; of course people of other ethnic groups are there but it is pre-dominantly Ibo and it is an Ibo export.

Original Buccaneers of the 70s/80s were/are sometimes called Ogboni yet they do not have anything close to Ogboni-sm. Anything can wear the Ogboni tag, likewise how the term Awo is used for everything and anythig.

Dividing the groups in my post is for clarification purposes and for people who cannot discern to know what is what. And no, the real Ogboni are not clandestine.
Re: The Ogboni Assembly by nwadiuko1(m): 11:34am On May 09, 2016
all this clandestine group sef.....
Re: The Ogboni Assembly by Nobody: 9:03pm On May 09, 2016

For those who can read Yoruba

Imole is another name for Ogboni

Olomo is the actual name for Edan

Re: The Ogboni Assembly by AustineE1: 6:20pm On May 10, 2016
Op, sorry to rein in your parade,how can an association which prides itself on fairness,equity and justice,so excluded certain people from membership. It is on record that in ancient Yoruba kingdom,even till date,the Odis in Ode who are regarded as slaves are never permitted to be members of the group.
A group that takes membership not by the strength of the individuals character but on the basis of his birth.
The Ogbonis whom i known,wld always make refrence to the 'fatherhood of God and the brotherhood of mankind'. Which is exactly the opposite of what they represent.
Hence the ogbonis(ROF) favourite verse in the bible is Eziekel 23:23. Which basically spoke about the assemblage of noble men.
Ogboni in truth,is clandestine,its members are extra-dimensional,some or most practice african voodoo....I didnt just say this,because i can actually testify to what am saying.
Re: The Ogboni Assembly by AustineE1: 6:31pm On May 10, 2016
9jacrip:

Uncle, if you are not an Ogboni, I do not see why you should call me out or make claims.

Ogboni is not Ogboni, get it?

All it takes it for you to join Ogboni Obatala or Aborigene, put in work for years till you get to a point where you can demand to have your own temple with the deities & necessary materials to go with. Once you get this, you can go start an 'ogboni' & spin it off into anything.

Yes, I called it Igbo Blood money group, not in order to malign but for clarification purposes. The reason why is because I have met a few of them, they mostly wear red cap & have this mark far removed from where Aborigebe & ROF have theirs. The purpose is for and business network - the minor Ogboni-esque part is to enforce secrecy; of course people of other ethnic groups are there but it is pre-dominantly Ibo and it is an Ibo export.

Original Buccaneers of the 70s/80s were/are sometimes called Ogboni yet they do not have anything close to Ogboni-sm. Anything can wear the Ogboni tag, likewise how the term Awo is used for everything and anythig.

Dividing the groups in my post is for clarification purposes and for people who cannot discern to know what is what. And no, the real Ogboni are not clandestine.

Op, sorry to rein in your parade,how can an association which prides itself on fairness,equity and justice,so excluded certain people from membership. It is on record that in ancient Yoruba kingdom,even till date,the Odis in Ode who are regarded as slaves are never permitted to be members of the group.
A group the takes membership not by the strength of the individuals character but on the basis of his birth.
The Ogbonis whom i known,wld always make refrence to the 'fatherhood of God and the brotherhood of mankind'. Which is exactly the opposite of what they represent.
Hence the ogbonis favourite verse in the bible Eziekel 23:23. Which basically spoke about the assemblage of noble men.
Ogboni in truth,is clandestine,its members are extra-dimensional,some or most practice african voodoo....I didnt just say this,because i can actually testify to what am saying.
Re: The Ogboni Assembly by Nobody: 6:44pm On May 10, 2016
AustineE1:

A group the takes membership not by the strength of the individuals character but on the basis of his birth.
Hence the ogbonis favourite verse in the bible Eziekel 23:23. Which basically spoke about the assemblage of noble men.
Ogboni in truth,is clandestine,its members are extra-dimensional,some or most practice african voodoo....I didnt just say this,because i can actually testify to want am saying.

Everyone, this person is talking about the Reformed Ogboni Fraternity (ROF) founded in the Anglican church and based solely and Christianity or say syncretism of Christianity and Iseese.

Bros Lawani, this is exactly what I am talking about. Mr. Austin is beginning to confuse ROF with Aborigene; the governing council type of Ogboni and Ogboni Obatala all of which are not/do not operate the same way other than having Ogboni as an appellation.
Re: The Ogboni Assembly by lawani: 7:05pm On May 10, 2016
You see, the CIA is an Ogboni organisation because they are not going to do something unfair to someone, to anybody. In essence, they are afraid God will punish them. If the society will move forward, the people in charge must disengage from base emotions and do only things that are fair to all, no matter whose ox is gored. That was what the society of free men was formed to achieve. No need for a slave who has a master to be a member. Ogboni members have no masters and are answerable only to their conscience.

(1) (Reply)

Change In Size's,price,quantity And Quality Of Goods With Pictures / Why Is There No Singularly Respected Regional Politician In South East / Maina Resumption To Duty Letter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.