Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,230 members, 7,780,444 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:24 PM

My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service (44830 Views)

GTBANK Introduce Security Pin For *737# Transactions / Complete List Of Benefits For Using Gtbank *737* Mobile Banking Services / MUST READ : Why Gtbank Latest 737 Simple Mobile Banking Is A Beautiful Nonsense (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by thefakestan: 7:02am On May 07, 2016
I ave hear
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by TPAND(f): 7:03am On May 07, 2016
GTB bank is know for the costumer friendly innovations.

But the *737* is a NO NO.
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by Nobody: 7:04am On May 07, 2016
Bhh
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by GentleYoung(m): 7:04am On May 07, 2016
jojothaiv:
Was once a ***** I no dey use the code sef.....

So many loopholes with that code.....

GTB need to work on it..
Once a
STAFF
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by dec0four: 7:04am On May 07, 2016
Mobile banking=Mobile bankrupt...dnt fansy dat tho easier n fast
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by atoleybaba(m): 7:06am On May 07, 2016
It is not their fault, it is ur service provider's fault.....in their advert set they made it clear that it works fine depending on network of ur service provider so simply do what they asked u to do
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by Google63(m): 7:07am On May 07, 2016
I have had the same experience too. But luckily, I transferred to my Bro, and I was refunded asap.
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by gidimasters(m): 7:09am On May 07, 2016
rexfada:
Gtbank mobile tranfer has never failed me, I transfered my house rent via it to my LL, I used it to send money to my mom & to other persons as well. I use it almost everyday, I've never had the course to curse the platform, it has always worked for me! Sorry OP for your experience.
please comman transfer money to me so i can confirm it's working
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by atoleybaba(m): 7:09am On May 07, 2016
SimpleBea:
Eh yah!
I hate GTbank from the outset.

Maybe, you can try Firstbank plc.
first what? Was bank ever ...slow services, annoying staffs, bad ATM machines that can swallow card at anything. Oga say something else cool
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by omolola15(m): 7:10am On May 07, 2016
ironheart:
I am always weary of Nigerian online banking. Thats y i do cash transactions

That's why I use quickteller.com e no dey fail me at all. I don't care about the 100 naira convenience fee. As long as it doesn't fail me.
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by free2ryhme: 7:11am On May 07, 2016
Internet banking in Nigeria is very poor do it at your own peril
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by Teespice(f): 7:11am On May 07, 2016
nmreports:
Never failed me.

Don't forget this things can have a bug in them sometimes.
It cannot be perfect all of the time.
It's a system, a computer, codes, software that are prone to errors due to bugs or human tweaks.

For me, I still believe GTBs service is still the best around.

was going to say the same thing.

not once I haven't regretted banking with GTB.
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by SimpleBea(m): 7:16am On May 07, 2016
Bro, stop interchanging their features. Actually, GTbank has that kinds of features you mention. Even from OP point of view.
atoleybaba:
first what? Was bank ever ...slow services, annoying staffs, bad ATM machines that can swallow card at anything. Oga say something else cool
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by Olulinks(m): 7:20am On May 07, 2016
Epele sir o. Lols
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by dahmie2013: 7:20am On May 07, 2016
Dats y I don't trust all these online platforms. Sincerely, I am among d few Nigerians dat still fill deposit slips in banking halls, dat puts my mind more @ ease dan all these mobile or Internet nonsense.
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by Reference(m): 7:22am On May 07, 2016
Don't worry your girlfriend will also return double double.
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by Nobody: 7:23am On May 07, 2016
Stalwert:
Hi,

Just Moments Ago....

I was in pickle I had great need to transfer money to a certain someone ..... Well thank God for Gtbank *737* platform which makes transfers convenient requiring only a functioning 1g phone to transfer money so easily.

*737* Fails me twice in a roll tongue

So I picked my phone copied the account number paste it after typing *737*2*10000*#!!@!@!×# and presto... supplied all the information requested and waited for a confirmation the money has been transferred but instead it said "sp service timed out"....
l was like first you don't succeed. try again

So I tried again and got the same response again ...sp service timed out.

Waited for a while

Then I tried it the 3rd time ... this time it confirmed that the transfer was successful.
I simply put my phone back in my pocket and sat down. grin

Invasion of the text mssg

I brought out my phone to browse and saw a torrent of. messages 6 in total. and opened my text box and saw all 6 mssg were from GTbank .... Immediately I knew they have done me real good. undecided cry
I opened the text mssg and saw that 10000 was deducted twice to the same account. One of the service timed out had actually timed in and transfered the money. I was outrage lipsrsealed angry I won't stand for this and even the paralyzed won't sit for it either.

Frantic call embarassed
I dialed 737 the line was so poor I droped and googled GTbank hotline which gave me 070 line which I dialed and followed the prompt. .. a nice and cordial lady picked up the line asked a series of questions which answered thinking I will get my money back only for the lady to say e pele sir please call the person you sent the money to refund your money there is nothing we can do for you ( no she didn't say e pele na sorry) cry undecided lipsrsealed angry angry I was utterly disappointed.

Why would the bank service that timed out send my money and pretend that it hadn't while waiting and lurking around for me to send the money again
and then deduct my money twice?
And the bank cannot do anything about it?

This is just so grade A crappy crap if you ask me.

lalasticala abeg come tell my story make country people learn small lesson.

Actually, once money enters someone's account, only that person can take it out. No bank can remove money from someone's account without the account holder's instruction.

I also had challenge with GT's 737 service few weeks back, but my account wasn't debited.

GT are dropping guard in their customer service, but I'm very loyal to them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by atoleybaba(m): 7:23am On May 07, 2016
SimpleBea:
Bro, stop interchanging their features. Actually, GTbank has that kinds of features you mention. Even from OP point of view.
I know....but first bank is worse of.
Ask any UNILAG student
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by GboyegaD(m): 7:23am On May 07, 2016
Are we truly ready for a cashless society

OP, I hope you have alerted the person you sent the money to so that (s)he doesn't think you are being so nice.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by Nobody: 7:24am On May 07, 2016
I tried to buy airtime yesterday, them no give me. Today, I get an sms of the airtime, after I have loaded another one!! angry angry angry
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by lakefist(m): 7:26am On May 07, 2016
My number one source of transaction. I have transferred more than 2million through that platform and never fail me once. 737 is the best thing to happen to us.

OP your mistake is trying when you know network is bad.
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by localboy: 7:26am On May 07, 2016
u sure say no be Chinko or Techno fone u use....
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by oatzeal(m): 7:27am On May 07, 2016
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by christopher123(m): 7:28am On May 07, 2016
Stalwert:
Hi,

Just Moments Ago....

I was in pickle I had great need to transfer money to a certain someone ..... Well thank God for Gtbank *737* platform which makes transfers convenient requiring only a functioning 1g phone to transfer money so easily.

So I picked my phone copied the account number paste it after typing *737*2*10000*#!!@!@!×# and presto... supplied all the information requested and waited for a confirmation the money has been transferred but instead it said "sp service timed out"....

Waited for a while

Then I tried it the 3rd time ... this time it confirmed that the transfer was successful.

I brought out my phone to browse and saw a torrent of. messages 6 in total. and opened my text box and saw all 6 mssg were from GTbank .... Immediately I knew they have done me real good. undecided cry
I opened the text mssg and saw that 10000 was deducted twice to the same account. One of the service timed out had actually timed in and transfered the money. I was outrage lipsrsealed angry I won't stand for this and even the paralyzed won't sit for it either.

Frantic call embarassed
I dialed 737 the line was so poor I droped and googled GTbank hotline which gave me 070 line which I dialed and followed the prompt. .. a nice and cordial lady picked up the line asked a series of questions which answered thinking I will get my money back only for the lady to say e pele sir please call the person you sent the money to refund your money there is nothing we can do for you ( no she didn't say e pele na sorry) cry undecided lipsrsealed angry angry I was utterly disappointed.

Why would the bank service that timed out send my money and pretend that it hadn't while waiting and lurking around for me to send the money again

Na you get time for these their mobile transfer...I dare not do that .
Banks clearing system slow
Network unstable

So I just do it the conventional way ...I just withdraw and deposit ..I insit they transfer or credit the money now
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by ladycomfort(f): 7:28am On May 07, 2016
omolola15:

That's why I use quickteller.com e no dey fail me at all. I don't care about the 100 naira convenience fee. As long as it doesn't fail me.
. What's quickteller. How is it used?
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by christopher123(m): 7:29am On May 07, 2016
dahmie2013:
Dats y I don't trust all these online platforms. Sincerely, I am among d few Nigerians dat still fill deposit slips in banking halls, dat puts my mind more @ ease dan all these mobile or Internet nonsense.
k

We are going extinction ...I just go to deposit it there in the hall
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by Stalwert: 7:29am On May 07, 2016
DaBullIT:
You did 3 transactions promo to the recipient's account

Since this happened last night / this morning , i can only assume you were paying an Olosho

If that be the case , forget about refund grin grin grin

bwahahahahah

haba olosho bawo? grin
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by bigtt76(f): 7:31am On May 07, 2016
Hahaha ....I try not to risk use any of these services being touted by the banks (especially when it involves GTBank). Use them at your own peril dear undecided

Stalwert:
Hi,

Just Moments Ago....

Waited for a while

Frantic call embarassed

Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by Nobody: 7:33am On May 07, 2016
it happens every time not just for GTB alone but all the banks, however if u are doing an online transaction next time , i advise that you hold on for about 20 minutes after the transaction and see if they were able to deliver or not. when i checked WAEC result of the guy staying with my mum in the villa, after imputing the data and sending to the control, the info that i got is that it failed, i tried again, same message ...only for them to send the result two times in my phone.
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by gurunlocker: 7:34am On May 07, 2016
This thing happen to me exactly a week ago, the werey phone first write Done(not the normal message that suppose to be displayed), na so I try am second time and it displayed the normal successful message.... After some hours, dem kill me with alert.... If not the guy is one of the truthful Nigerian, I would have lost my money.
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by mitnick(m): 7:34am On May 07, 2016
Next time after first failed trial, dial *737*6*1# to check your balance with that u shouldn't have a problem

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Naira Swap: Customers Cook And Eat Noodle At GTBank In Aba (Video, Pictures) / What Business Is The Most Profitable To Invest In Nigeria / Things That Happen When You're Broke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.