Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,175 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:05 AM

Who Is Jesus Christ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is Jesus Christ? (10958 Views)

Is Jesus Really God? / Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? / Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Go Down)

Who Is Jesus Christ? by alimat2(f): 3:31pm On Aug 12, 2009
Who really is Jesus Christ?

Is he God, Son of God, Son of Man, Son of David, Incarnate of God, Part of Trinity,Prophet/messenger of God E.t.c

cos i believe its not possible for one person to be all this.

Xians please Ur candid responce is needed
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by noetic2: 4:27pm On Aug 12, 2009
1. He is all of the above

2. why dont u tell us why it is imposible for one person to be all of the above?
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by alimat2(f): 4:29pm On Aug 12, 2009
Pls kindly explain how possible it is to avoid confussion
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Abuzola(m): 4:46pm On Aug 12, 2009
Pls explain ! Can't wait
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 4:49pm On Aug 12, 2009
Indeed, half the reason I read this board is to read what some of the folks here have to say. I swear alimat 2 , or Noetic 2, could post a recipe and have me laughing and going to talk to Maykelly about it. In fact, I think they have. . .

Great question though,  I like Noetic 2 idea of concerning the two bellow point's stated on post. I have a bronze Kali and a Pan on my desk, never fails to start conversation, but I actually got them while traveling in France and from an Indian colleague. So, I have a defense if the person I am speaking with seems unsuitable. They are souvenirs.
 If it were me though, I would claim the initiative by instead commenting, with my best infernal knowledge on some trash claim's about this  death "Jesus Christ". I have found that nothing starts a conversation better than a compliment on something non threatening.
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by noetic2: 4:55pm On Aug 12, 2009
alimat 2:

Pls kindly explain how possible it is to avoid confussion

why dont u just state why it is imposible for Him to be all of the above?

are u afraid u reveal ur illiteracy? cos a even a 5 year old kid has no problem understanding the ontological nature of Jesus.
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by alimat2(f): 5:03pm On Aug 12, 2009
@ noetic2

Pls this topic is not meant for derailing or names calling,Its just asking about what is not clear and a candid and reasonable answer is needed.

If u can observe my posts i usually add the please to let u know dat am not here for debate or whatever.

Supposing u want to convert me to ur religion how will u convince me that Jesus is all the above.

THANK U MA, I JUST WANNA KNOW
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Abuzola(m): 5:10pm On Aug 12, 2009
@Noetic, Alimah is not an intruder, she did not even insult anybody in the first place, she is seeking to know what christianity entail, why not try and persuade her that christ is the Lord by giving her a brilliant answer. Be wise
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by noetic2: 5:25pm On Aug 12, 2009
alimat 2:

@ noetic2

Pls this topic is not meant for derailing or names calling,Its just asking about what is not clear and a candid and reasonable answer is needed.

If u can observe my posts i usually add the please to let u know dat am not here for debate or whatever.

Supposing u want to convert me to ur religion how will u convince me that Jesus is all the above.

THANK U MA SIR, I JUST WANNA KNOW

I did not call u names.

u believe that Jesus can not be all that u stated in the OP. . . .but I dont see anything stopping Him from being all of it.

1. Jesus is part of the triune God (Elohim). . .He is God the Son.

2. Since the Elohim is ONE. . .Jesus is God.

3. Since God visited us in human form (Jesus) . . . . He is called the son of man.

4. By human parentage Jesus is of the lineage of David. . .He is as such the son of David.

5. As God in human form . . . .He is God incarnate.

6. As a member of the triune God, He is a member of the trinity.

7. He is NOT a prophet neither is He a messenger.

. . . . .That is who Jesus is.
why do u think He cannot be all of the above?
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Aug 12, 2009
^Is there any part of the Bible where Jesus specifically declared himself god and then offer an explanation of the trinity to clear people's confusion?
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by noetic2: 5:34pm On Aug 12, 2009
fellis:

^Is there any part of the Bible where Jesus specifically declared himself god and then offer an explanation of the trinity to clear people's confusion?

John 10:30

I and my father are ONE
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Abuzola(m): 5:42pm On Aug 12, 2009
You have not explained how jesus is God, i can as well claim that i and my father are one, i came through him. You can convince her by quoting where Jesus said 'I AM GOD or Worship me'
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by alimat2(f): 5:43pm On Aug 12, 2009
@ Noetic
thank u for the reply but,

Jesus said in the bible that The lord ur God is 1

Also worship the only True God
Also when he was perfuming his miracles he prayed to a father
and also when he was about to be captured in the night he prayed to a God that if the cup can pass over him for his father's will and not his
also when he was on the calvary he said father why have u forsaken me?
As lo Jesus said that he that send he is grater than him

Pls if truly Jesus is that same God then who is he praying all this prayer to
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 5:44pm On Aug 12, 2009
Like i have been expecting a reasonable and help contribution on this board,peherp's i didn't mean go against own knowledge on our Conversation,rether want to share with you and mesure your's and mine"Equally"-to give the best result.,likewise anyone that stumble cross-read it.,This is a nice topic to start up and so glad i found it,Noetic dear peherp's this is what you didn't know but so many people have been asking this same Question[b]"Who Is Jesus Christ?"[/b] but got no true answer. i read the Bible and it tell's me and you Jesus Christ is the Son of mary,the wife of Joseph the carpenter,-a spirit slept with her and gave birth to Jesus.i didn't have no comment on that yet,but u almost forgot mary have a husband and i dont want you to be stubborn telling here Joseph never have sex with mary?,impossible!.
 The worst of all are the strange written concerning this same jesus christ in the bible,the author's planed the bible very well,but not that perfect, they soon kicked-off their brain the many many false stories written shall surely link out(Expossed)someday.
Jesus is Human being like us,He's the son of God,He's God?,without him you cant see God  shocked ,He was death,He's Risen?.-to an Unknown place,but sitting in the left hand of his father"God",as claimed he is Coming so soon in some verses in "Revelation" but it's been more than two Thousand year's now,no new's of the death jesus,but it was written: for the comes quikly!.,how can you expect any human being to accept all these Nonsense?.

Please Christian's come respond and please dont attack alimat 2  for showing a simple interest in knowing.,learning is a steping stone foward.
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Aug 12, 2009
@noetic, Really?
So what does it mean when he says no one is good, including him, except God? (mark 10.18), and what does it mean when he says no one knows about the day and hour, himself included, except God? (Mark 13.32).
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by huxley(m): 5:48pm On Aug 12, 2009
Children killer, that who JC is.
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by noetic2: 5:55pm On Aug 12, 2009
Abuzola:

You have not explained how jesus is God,  i can as well claim that i and my father are one, i came through him. You can convince her by quoting where Jesus said 'I AM GOD or Worship me'

did u read the question at all? . .  ,    . fellis asked for a bible quote  

alimat 2:

@ Noetic
thank u for the reply but,

Jesus said in the bible that The lord ur God is 1

The congnisant name for God as used in many places in the bible is ELOHIM.
ELOHIM refers to the triune God. . . .so u can as well say that Jesus said. . .The Lord ur ELOHIM is ONE.
Jesus is part of the Elohim. . . Elohim is plural. . .Jesus is therefore God.

Also worship the only True God
The true God remains ELOHIM.
is there any reason to believe otherwise?

Also when he was perfuming his miracles he prayed to a father
and also when he was about to be captured in the night he prayed to a God that if the cup can pass over him for his father's will and not his

There is God the Father, God the Son and the Holy spirit, . , Together they are God (Elohim)

The prayers of Jesus could be viewed from 2 angles.
1. He was teaching us to pray. This is because everything about Jesus was prophesied long before He was born. We can learn from his prayer to God, that no matter the circumstances. . . we should always let the will of God prevail.

2. Jesus was praying to God the Father. does that stop Him from being God? Nope.

also when he was on the calvary he said father why have u forsaken me?

The bible says that the Lord our God is holy and there is no unrighteousness in Him, . . .Jesus was carrying the sin of the whole world. .  .it is pertinent to every believer that God is righteous and since there is no unrighteousness in Him CANNOT withstand sin.

As lo Jesus said that he that send he is grater than him
He also said that I and my father are one. . John 10:30

Pls if truly Jesus is that same God then who is he praying all this prayer to

He was praying to God the Father. . .who is part of the ELOHIM.

do u know the contents of JEsus prayers?
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Abuzola(m): 5:58pm On Aug 12, 2009
I can't help but to laugh at this junction. The same God praying to himself, crying for himself for help on the cross. Roflmb Am off,
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by alimat2(f): 6:01pm On Aug 12, 2009
@ Noetic good answer

Now that the God is just 1 then who is God the father God the son and God the holy spirit cos i can sense a 3 Gods
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Aug 12, 2009
He didn't even show me where Jesus explained trinity in the Bible. . .to clear people's confusion. Why now noetic sad
anyway now that you mention it, where did he ask you to worship him in the Bible? And what does this verse mean?---->John 5.30
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 6:05pm On Aug 12, 2009
A person better have some pretty good evidence when making this kind of statement, and we do! The bible itself. shocked

Jesus got so pissed off that he wanted to kill Jezebel's innocent children. Hard to believe but it's true. Revelations 2:20-23 (KJV) shows this:

"20 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and seduce my servants to commit fornification, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols. 21 And I gave her space to repent of her fornification, and she repented not. 22 Behold, I cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. 23 And I will kill her children with death, and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I give unto everyone according to your works."

Some Christians want to proclaim that the "children" were her followers and not children. This is proven false in the words Jesus said "my servants". Also in the bible the only time it denotes "children" is as offspring. Such as "God's children of Israel" are God's "children" since he created them. Even the ones that don't follow God are considered his children (creation). It is a given that if she had sex with others and the birth control back then, that she most likely did have children. Whether Jesus was talking about the future children of Jezebel later as a result of the fornication with Jesus' servants or her children at present. It still holds true that Jesus wanted to kill them either way. And even if by a remote chance Jesus was talking about adults he is still threatening to KILL someone. Does this sound like the loving Jesus you can trust with your children and your soul? I think not! And look at the last line of the verse: "and I give unto everyone according to your works". He is now threatening to kill everyone, not just the children of Jezebel, but everyone in "all the churches".

@ Topic: who is Jesus Christ?  
huxley link=topic=308992.msg4340922#msg434[/i:
0922 date=1250095739]
Children killer, that who JC is.
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by huxley(m): 6:09pm On Aug 12, 2009
Ogaga4Luv:

A person better have some pretty good evidence when making this kind of statement, and we do! The bible itself.

Jesus got so pissed off that he wanted to kill Jezebel's innocent children. Hard to believe but it's true. Revelations 2:20-23 (KJV) shows this:

"20 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and seduce my servants to commit fornification, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols. 21 And I gave her space to repent of her fornification, and she repented not. 22 Behold, I cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. 23 [size=14pt]And I will kill her children with death, and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I give unto everyone according to your works."[/size]

Some Christians want to proclaim that the "children" were her followers and not children. This is proven false in the words Jesus said "my servants". Also in the bible the only time it denotes "children" is as offspring. Such as "God's children of Israel" are God's "children" since he created them. Even the ones that don't follow God are considered his children (creation). It is a given that if she had sex with others and the birth control back then, that she most likely did have children. Whether Jesus was talking about the future children of Jezebel later as a result of the fornication with Jesus' servants or her children at present. It still holds true that Jesus wanted to kill them either way. And even if by a remote chance Jesus was talking about adults he is still threatening to KILL someone. Does this sound like the loving Jesus you can trust with your children and your soul? I think not! And look at the last line of the verse: "and I give unto everyone according to your works". He is now threatening to kill everyone, not just the children of Jezebel, but everyone in "all the churches".

@ Topic: who is Jesus Christ?  

Spot on, spot on.
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Abuzola(m): 6:12pm On Aug 12, 2009
This mad cow bindex is here again, always showing his hypocrisy
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by alimat2(f): 6:14pm On Aug 12, 2009
@ Abu,
pls dnt call names, i dont want any derail in the topic

Dont u know dat this topic is a serious 1?
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Abuzola(m): 6:21pm On Aug 12, 2009
I do ma, forgive me.

Noetic come and answer my question o. I and my father are one because i am a man likewise him and i came through him, to clear doubt simply show us where jesus said I AM GOD or Worship me or the disciple worship him.
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 6:27pm On Aug 12, 2009
@Husley.
well that is very true @ spot on.

@Abuzola
  Wow, I think that was a little harsh Matt.But now i have learned more about the written stories about this "Jesus Christ" and have realized 90% its nothing  true'

@Alimat
   Your right ,How can you hold an opinion you admittedly know nothing about?
Do your research then come to a conclusion based on the information and then offer us an informed opinion just from an Untruthful book?.i never wanna get involve in all these strange thing's Christianity is causing in the entire human race.
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by noetic2: 10:00pm On Aug 12, 2009
fellis:

He didn't even show me where Jesus explained trinity in the Bible. . .to clear people's confusion. Why now noetic sad
anyway now that you mention it, where did he ask you to worship him in the Bible? And what does this verse mean?---->John 5.30

did u request for it initially? why are u so dishonest?
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by noetic2: 10:01pm On Aug 12, 2009
alimat 2:

@ Noetic good answer

Now that the God is just 1 then who is God the father God the son and God the holy spirit cos i can sense a 3 Gods

did u read my last post to u at all? I believe I mentioned the name ELOHIM?
is that hard to comprehend?
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by noetic2: 10:08pm On Aug 12, 2009
Abuzola:

I do ma, forgive me.

Noetic come and answer my question o. I and my father are one because i am a man likewise him and i came through him, to clear doubt simply show us where jesus said I AM GOD or Worship me or the disciple worship him.

1. I believe I have already addressed the first part. . . . .Jesus is part of the plural ELOHIM that made heaven and earth. so when u see God written in the scriptures. . . try and trace the original translation. . was it just God or ELOHIM?

2. Jesus received worship several time during his life time in the bible. . .for example
in mathew 8:1-2
1When he was come down from the mountain, great multitudes followed him.
2And, behold, there came a leper and worshipped him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean

Jesus was worshipped several times and ONLY God receives worship. . .Jesus is God.
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Abuzola(m): 11:12pm On Aug 12, 2009
Thou art lie ! Go and check the meaning of worship and come back and address us who worship jesus and how
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by noetic2: 11:41pm On Aug 12, 2009
Abuzola:

Thou art lie ! Go and check the meaning of worship and come back and address us who worship jesus and how
This is the meaning of worship. . . . .
reverent honor and homage paid to God or a sacred personage, or to any object regarded as sacred.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/worship

what else?
Re: Who Is Jesus Christ? by Abuzola(m): 11:54pm On Aug 12, 2009
See me see trouble, so if i honour mr olabowale it means i worship him. You must be sick

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13)

Mothering Sunday Or Mother's Sunday? / Why Are Most Theists More Hostile Towards Atheists Than Competing Religions? / How Well Did I Understand Grace Before I Understood Grace? - Paul Ellis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.