Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,926 members, 7,803,006 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 07:11 AM

Did You Know? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Did You Know? (1043 Views)

"Why Did You Leave Sunni Islam For Shia Islam?" / How Did You Affirm Or Re-affirm Islam As The Religion Of Allah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did You Know? by babylolaroy(f): 6:52pm On May 06, 2016
Learn the Deen...

A muslim by whatever denomination, is expected and obligated to know more about his religion. Sometimes Muslims like to hide u der the fitnatic excuse that 'afterall they do not know, so they cannot be punished for doing it'. Whereas they had no reason not to learn about the DOs and the DONTs of Islaam. if you leave knowledge just so you can plead excuse, it wont work for you so go all out of your way and amass as much knowledge as HALAAL-ly possible.

using my immediate vicinity as a case study, i gathered that little acts are very unknown in the deen. please feel free to add your so that we can together, revive the sunnah

1. There is no difference in the solat of a male and a female. Thus, when a woman prays indoors or leads other women in solat, she should recite out loud in solatul fajr, maghrib and ishai

2. You can wash your arms and exceed the elbows during ablution: and your feet to exceed the ankles. they are the minimum, not the maximum

3. When you say the tashaahud during solat, you should lay your left palm flat on your left thigh and make the right palm into a ring, then move your right index finger up and down slowly till you make tasleem. Dont slap both hands on your thighs as people do, to indicate the end of their tashahud

4. when you say the first allahu Akbar in your solat called takbiratul ihraam, you dont raise your body up with your arms. you stay still, raise your hand, proclaim the takbir, fold the right hand over the left and recite the OPENING DUA BEFORE FAATIHAH

most people dont even know there is any dua before faatihah

5. You can Render and return tasleem i.e As salam alaykum in the bathroom arena. some people refuse to answer when you meet them at the toilet tub and say salam. once you are not in the act, a bathroom isnt a filthy place

i hope to add more inshaaAllah. if you remember acts of sunnah that are not common amongs the people anymore or common mistakes. please add so we can learn from you

As salam alaykum

2 Likes

Re: Did You Know? by AllstarZ(m): 7:35pm On May 06, 2016
As-salamualaikum...this is the first time I come across the term "a lady leading other ladies in salah", Islam made it clear that a woman isn't allowed to raise her voice in public.
Re: Did You Know? by babylolaroy(f): 9:09pm On May 06, 2016
AllstarZ:
As-salamualaikum...this is the first time I come across the term "a lady leading other ladies in salah", Islam made it clear that a woman isn't allowed to raise her voice in public.

wa alaykum salam. alhamdulillah robbil alamin. i wrote it there akhi, that when they observe solat indoors..that is, where there no non-mahrams. in that case a woman may lead the solat and she can raise her voice. This is applicable whether or not she is praying alone or in jamah. she can recite aloud so far as its not in d presence of a non mahram nd shez inside.

Allahu a'lam
Re: Did You Know? by tbaba1234: 1:53am On May 07, 2016
AllstarZ:

Which Islam is that one?

3 Likes

Re: Did You Know? by Nobody: 10:10am On May 07, 2016
babylolaroy:
Learn the Deen...

A muslim by whatever denomination, is expected and obligated to know more about his religion. Sometimes Muslims like to hide u der the fitnatic excuse that 'afterall they do not know, so they cannot be punished for doing it'. Whereas they had no reason not to learn about the DOs and the DONTs of Islaam. if you leave knowledge just so you can plead excuse, it wont work for you so go all out of your way and amass as much knowledge as HALAAL-ly possible.

using my immediate vicinity as a case study, i gathered that little acts are very unknown in the deen. please feel free to add your so that we can together, revive the sunnah

1. There is no difference in the solat of a male and a female. Thus, when a woman prays indoors or leads other women in solat, she should recite out loud in solatul fajr, maghrib and ishai

2. You can wash your arms and exceed the elbows during ablution: and your feet to exceed the ankles. they are the minimum, not the maximum

3. When you say the tashaahud during solat, you should lay your left palm flat on your left thigh and make the right palm into a ring, then move your right index finger up and down slowly till you make tasleem. Dont slap both hands on your thighs as people do, to indicate the end of their tashahud

4. when you say the first allahu Akbar in your solat called takbiratul ihraam, you dont raise your body up with your arms. you stay still, raise your hand, proclaim the takbir, fold the right hand over the left and recite the OPENING DUA BEFORE FAATIHAH

most people dont even know there is any dua before faatihah

5. You can Render and return tasleem i.e As salam alaykum in the bathroom arena. some people refuse to answer when you meet them at the toilet tub and say salam. once you are not in the act, a bathroom isnt a filthy place

i hope to add more inshaaAllah. if you remember acts of sunnah that are not common amongs the people anymore or common mistakes. please add so we can learn from you

As salam alaykum
wa alaykum salam.
And I havent still gotten clarification on this act I've always observed pple doing. - after wudu when they want to recite the Shahada, they wet their index finger with water and then touch it on the tip of their tongue, and bring it out and recite the shahadah while pointing it at the sky.
Is that act necessary at all?
Re: Did You Know? by AllstarZ(m): 2:37pm On May 07, 2016
babylolaroy:

wa alaykum salam. alhamdulillah robbil alamin. i wrote it there akhi, that when they observe solat indoors..that is, where there no non-mahrams. in that case a woman may lead the solat and she can raise her voice. This is applicable whether or not she is praying alone or in jamah. she can recite aloud so far as its not in d presence of a non mahram nd shez inside.

Allahu a'lam
Jazakillah khairan. Thank you.
Re: Did You Know? by tbaba1234: 3:40pm On May 07, 2016
enieme:

wa alaykum salam.
And I havent still gotten clarification on this act I've always observed pple doing. - after wudu when they want to recite the Shahada, they wet their index finger with water and then touch it on the tip of their tongue, and bring it out and recite the shahadah while pointing it at the sky.
Is that act necessary at all?

It is not necessary and there is no evidence for it.

2 Likes

Re: Did You Know? by Nobody: 5:28pm On May 07, 2016
tbaba1234:

It is not necessary and there is no evidence for it.
tqs for the clarification. Btw, why are u no longer doing the Qur'an tafsir series?
Quite a long time since we saw u and a few prominent others in this section.
Re: Did You Know? by tbaba1234: 5:46pm On May 07, 2016
enieme:

tqs for the clarification. Btw, why are u no longer doing the Qur'an tafsir series?
Quite a long time since we saw u and a few prominent others in this section.

I am very busy at the moment. No time to write.
Re: Did You Know? by baba11(m): 9:44pm On May 07, 2016
@ the No 5 you mentioned:Could you back it up with any valid evidence!?
Re: Did You Know? by babylolaroy(f): 11:11am On May 08, 2016
AllstarZ:
Jazakillah khairan. Thank you.
wa iyyaka. welcome. please tell is what you know too
Re: Did You Know? by babylolaroy(f): 11:14am On May 08, 2016
baba11:
@ the No 5 you mentioned:Could you back it up with any valid evidence!?

Yes, the prophet replied tasleem wen he was in the batbroom. note that
1. their bathrooms were make shift. he was taking a bath and a woman came to report a matter. he answered her tasleem and even gave his opinion on the reported matter

2. A batnroom isnt a filthy place because you are just expected to wash your body there. This would be why the prophet said not to pee in there

Allahu a'lam
Re: Did You Know? by babylolaroy(f): 11:20am On May 08, 2016
1. I also gathered that a lot of people have fallen into the fitna of spreading their palms when they wanto start solat in the name of saying intention. this isnt right. the intention is a matter of the mind so you dont spread your palms to say anyyhing before the takbir.

2. I also gathered that although one opinion says otherwise, the better opinion also documented by sheikh albany is to go down hands first before the knees in solat. When you are going for sujud (prostration), you should touch the floor first with your palms before your knees

3. so also, say your AAMEEN only after the imaam, because he is the imam. its common that immediately after the faatihah, people just render the aameen. its important that the imam takes the lead in all aspect of solat

4.That you may say to the right side after tashahud AS SALAMU ALAYKUM WARAHMATULLAHI WABARAKATUHU and to the left, only AS SALAMU ALAYKUM WARAHMATULLAH

OR you may say to both sides AS SALAMU ALAYKUM WARAHMATULLAHI

or you may say only to your right AS SALAMU ALAYKUM. nothig to the left

Allahu a'lam
Re: Did You Know? by Nobody: 11:30am On May 08, 2016
Do we recite surah fatiha while the imam is reciting or do we listen and recite ours after the imam has completed fatiha and moved on to another surah?
and if one is still reciting surah fatiha when d Imam ends with Ameen, does one cut short one's recitation to pronounce ameen after the imam or one just continues with the recitation and make ameen afterwards?
babylolaroy tbaba1234 newnas
Re: Did You Know? by baba11(m): 12:32pm On May 08, 2016
Ma sha Allah!
Re: Did You Know? by babylolaroy(f): 8:29pm On May 08, 2016
enieme:
Do we recite surah fatiha while the imam is reciting or do we listen and recite ours after the imam has completed fatiha and moved on to another surah?
and if one is still reciting surah fatiha when d Imam ends with Ameen, does one cut short one's recitation to pronounce ameen after the imam or one just continues with the recitation and make ameen afterwards?
babylolaroy tbaba1234 newnas

Alhamdulillah. jabir r.a narrated that when they used to pray behind the prophet IN SILENT SOLATS I.E DHUHR AND ASR, he had commanded that they should recite their own faatiha and suurah...silently, making sure to MOVE THEIR LIPS
But in Loud solat, the recitation of the imam SUFFICES.

ALWAYS FINISH YOUR OWN RECITATION AND SAY YOUR OWN AAMEEN...in cases where you cannot hear the Imam's own recitations asin dhuhr and asr

Allahu a'lam
Re: Did You Know? by AllstarZ(m): 2:49pm On May 09, 2016
Some very useful points mentioned here by op. Barakallahu feeh, sister. May Allah expand your knowledge.

1 Like

Re: Did You Know? by babylolaroy(f): 4:04pm On May 09, 2016
Aameen, and of everyone else
Re: Did You Know? by Paragon001(m): 2:48pm On May 14, 2016
Nothing thrills me in a lady like knowledge/intelligence. OP, may Allah increase your knowledge. May He guard and guide us aright. I will be honoured to have a private chat with you.

1 Like

Re: Did You Know? by babylolaroy(f): 7:04am On May 20, 2016
Paragon001:
Nothing thrills me in a lady like knowledge/intelligence. OP, may Allah increase your knowledge. May He guard and guide us aright. I will be honoured to have a private chat with you.

Aameen. Av not been online. That wud be why i avnt replied yu earlier
Re: Did You Know? by babylolaroy(f): 7:11am On May 20, 2016
1. Women mostly put water through their mass of hair and onto a little part of their scalp. This stems from the belief that the scalp is the target. This is wrong and has no basis. The hair and not the scalp is the target in ablution..note; ablution, unlike in ghusl. So as a woman nd no matter your tight weaving, it suffices to pass your wet palms over your head/hair to the back and for more sunnah reward, back to the front as the prophet used to do

2. When you make wudhu, do not take water separately for head and anoda separately for the ears. It suffices to pass the hand from the head to both ears simultaneously, den go to the feet

3. When you rinse your mouth, do it with the nose..together. Most people rinse mouth 3times den go to the nose. The evidentially proven sunnah way is to put water in the mouth, spit it out nd put the rest in ur nose. Then do that 3 times and go to wash ur face

Allahu a'lam

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I'm Asking For Permission / Whats The Essence Of Ramaddan? / Help Pls! Five Months Pregnanat. Finding It Difficult To Fast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.