Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,006 members, 7,806,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:05 AM

I Need Sincere Advice On Relocating - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Need Sincere Advice On Relocating (1256 Views)

I Need Sincere Advise From Experienced People Of Nairaland / Skills To Acquire Before Relocating To The US. / I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Sincere Advice On Relocating by boyt1: 8:42pm On May 06, 2016
Moving can be extremely stressful and complicated, especially relocating to naija,
Please house, i need your candid advice on the relocation journey.
Just a brief history of myself, by Dec.2016 i will clock 49years and it will mark exactely 29 years i left nigeria for Germany
At 25 years i have already completed a 4 year professional training (Ausbildung ) Mechanical ENGG. (Maschinebautechnik.)

I worked for 25years non-stop in a large Auto Parts Design and Manufacturing company based in Stuttgart-Germany.
Back in january this year, we were informed that the Dept i specialized on will be moving to Eastern part of Europe for good.

As if i knew it was going to happen one day, i have already started planning my early retirement options back in nigeria.

I have already completed the 40 Rooms self contain apart. and all rented to students /low income earners annual income
I have decided to relocate to naija by Dec.2016 at 49. i have planned my relocation by investing more money in my Haulage
business and completing my other housing project.

The experience i want to share with you people is my extended family members in nigeria make too much demands.
Moving is indeed a challenging task. But then, i have property and business planned for it.
i was told by my Uncle that i stlll need to make more money to cater for extended family dependency since my 3 kids are
staying behind in germany, how realistic is that?

1 Like

Re: I Need Sincere Advice On Relocating by Pidggin(f): 8:46pm On May 06, 2016
If you asked this question while GEJ was in power I would have said it is a nice decision, but it is not advisable for you to relocate now.
Re: I Need Sincere Advice On Relocating by Amother4life: 8:54pm On May 06, 2016
I don't think the exchange rate will look too favorable for you with 3kids in Europe. If everyone was coming back home it would be better financially. You may practically be working just to pay bills in Europe. It's a daunting task to maintain a family in Europe with legitimate funds from Naija.

1 Like

Re: I Need Sincere Advice On Relocating by justwise(m): 9:06pm On May 06, 2016
boyt1:
Moving can be extremely stressful and complicated, especially relocating to naija,
Just a brief history of myself, by Dec.2016 i will clock 49years and it will mark exactely 29 years i left nigeria for Germany
At 25 years i have already completed a 4 year professional training (Ausbildung ) Mechanical ENGG. (Maschinebautechnik.)

I worked for 25years non-stop in a large Auto Parts Design and Manufacturing company based in Stuttgart-Germany.
Back in january this year, we were informed that the Dept i specialized on will be moving to Eastern part of Europe for good.

As if i knew it was going to happen one day, i have already started planning my early retirement options back in nigeria.

I have already completed the 40 Rooms self contain apart. and all rented to students /low income earners annual income
I have decided to relocate to naija by Dec.2016 at 49. i have planned my relocation by investing more money in my Haulage

The experience i want to share with you people is my extended family members in nigeria make too much demands.
Moving is indeed a challenging task. But then, i have property and business planned for it.
i was told by my Uncle that i stlll need to make more money to cater for extended family dependency since my 3 kids are

Sorry i have to edit this post to remove some info that may attract some unwanted individuals.

1 Like

Re: I Need Sincere Advice On Relocating by boyt1: 9:59pm On May 06, 2016
Amother4life:
I don't think the exchange rate will look too favorable for you with 3kids in Europe. If everyone was coming back home it would be better financially. You may practically be working just to pay bills in Europe. It's a daunting task to maintain a family in Europe with legitimate funds from Naija.
tanx, the kids are grown, they have already some income while they study
Re: I Need Sincere Advice On Relocating by oothoney: 10:29pm On May 06, 2016
Not a bad idea if you can set up a mech workshop to cater for the top German automobiles in Nigeria....the top ranges like mb,Audi,bmw,Porsche, volks since you are an auto mech

Location matters....its better if u are sited in lekki axis..vi/ikoyi and worse case ikeja central
Re: I Need Sincere Advice On Relocating by Lexusgs430: 10:43pm On May 06, 2016
boyt1:

Secretly relocate, and the extended dependent family don't have to know!!!!
If you keep handing out, they would simply keep taking. Learn to either say no or go incommunicado.
Re: I Need Sincere Advice On Relocating by alaoeri: 10:55pm On May 06, 2016
boyt1:

Bro talking from what i witnessed when my uncle relocated from London to naija at once in 2007 to established a printing firm, the firm liquidated although he's about to resuscitate the firm but he bounced back by importing containers with used vehicles & house hold items.
1. Know the nitty gritty of any business you want to embark on as regards to naija terrain, i.e don't use european ideologies in naija if u wanna survive & last in the business.
2. Don't relocate at once or else if u rush in u go rush out.
3. Test run any business of your choice before u invest heavily.
4. There is no way ppl will try to rake from u financially as a european returnee, just make sure is to the bearest minimum.
5. You can't do without artisans most of them are dubious & ain't truthful.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Sincere Advice On Relocating by boyt1: 11:17pm On May 06, 2016
alaoeri:

Bro talking from what i witnessed when my uncle relocated from London to naija at once in 2007 to established a printing firm, the firm liquidated although he's about to resuscitate the firm but he bounced back by importing containers with used vehicles & house hold items.
1. Know the nitty gritty of any business you want to embark on as regards to naija terrain, i.e don't use european ideologies in naija if u wanna survive & last in the business.
2. Don't relocate at once or else if u rush in u go rush out.
3. Test run any business of your choice before u invest heavily.
4. There is no way ppl will try to rake from u financially as a european returnee, just make sure is to the bearest minimum.
5. You can't do without artisans most of them are dubious & ain't truthful.
my dear i have already started the partial relocation excercise, i am tired of living permanently in europe especially now that my kids are independent.
Re: I Need Sincere Advice On Relocating by boyt1: 11:22pm On May 06, 2016
oothoney:
Not a bad idea if you can set up a mech workshop to cater for the top German automobiles in Nigeria....the top ranges like mb,Audi,bmw,Porsche, volks since you are an auto mech

Location matters....its better if u are sited in lekki axis..vi/ikoyi and worse case ikeja central
i am planning dat at Apapa area, the ikoyi/Vi stuff is too expensive

(1) (Reply)

What Country Or School Can I Enrol With €6,000. / Some Of The Most Frightening Images Captured By Drones / Which Country Can One Survive Without Connection?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.