Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,626 members, 7,801,811 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:58 PM

Unilag Students Forced To Sleep In The Rain As School Shuts Students Out Of Ho - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unilag Students Forced To Sleep In The Rain As School Shuts Students Out Of Ho (20691 Views)

UNIBADAN Sent Medical Students Out Of Their Hostels For Protesting (videos) / What If Nigerian Female Students Wore This As School Uniforms? (see Photo) / UNILAG Students Arrested For Attempting To Resurrect Colleague..see Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unilag Students Forced To Sleep In The Rain As School Shuts Students Out Of Ho by olawale2020(m): 11:05am On May 07, 2016
God have mercy
Re: Unilag Students Forced To Sleep In The Rain As School Shuts Students Out Of Ho by ibadanfinest(m): 11:08am On May 07, 2016
FrancisTony:

The same Zik hall I have seen before abi? Stop lying Jor! It will do you no good. undecided

Thank God u have seen it before. its 3 storey building with four blocks. with a huge cafeteria, large quadrangle bigger common room and wider space almost the same land mass as the whole of new hall abi?

Being in unilag should not cloud your judgment.
Re: Unilag Students Forced To Sleep In The Rain As School Shuts Students Out Of Ho by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 11:15am On May 07, 2016
ibadanfinest:

Look at this guy o, have I been to ui!! mogbe. I have been to the 3 skuls currently doing my second degree in unilag did my first in UI and oau na our main rival be it academic and esp socially Zik vs awo.

Check this out in terms of capacity excluding scotters o
Bello hall 400+
Kuti. 400+
mellanby 400+
Tedder. 400+
zik hall 977 excluding box rooms
Indy hall 977 excluding box rooms
Queen 1500
Idia 1500
Awo 2000+

oya list ur own
El kanemi
Biobaku
Eni njokwu
Sodeinde
jaja
marriere
amina
moremi
madam kofo
mth
fagunwa
honors

Zik and Indy is enough to occupy all the honors, the four hostel in new halls, el kanemi madam kofo, honors and biobaku and there will still be extra space.

Queen hall will consume amina hall

Idia will consume Moremi

Awo will consume both jaja and marrire.

All those 2 storey building Una dey call hostel.

You know how I caught you that you lied. You said all the hostels in Unilag are two storeys. Fine. If they are two storeys what will you call Queen Elizabeth and kuti hall. Before we can know the population the hostels can contain, first of all list the numbers of room in each hall and how many students each room can contain. then I can now discuss that with you. I am not moved by the figures.
Re: Unilag Students Forced To Sleep In The Rain As School Shuts Students Out Of Ho by labodinho: 11:17am On May 07, 2016
Notice on Indemnity form prior to 9th of May Examination

https://unilaglabodinho./2016/05/07/notice-on-indemnity-form-prior-to-9th-of-may-examination/#more-1946

Does that went to forge level 12,get set.
Re: Unilag Students Forced To Sleep In The Rain As School Shuts Students Out Of Ho by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 11:17am On May 07, 2016
ibadanfinest:

Unilag alumni are trying but the future alumni I fear for
Why are you scared of the future? Are you God? This guy funny.
Re: Unilag Students Forced To Sleep In The Rain As School Shuts Students Out Of Ho by crowniran(m): 11:21am On May 07, 2016
ibadanfinest:

Look at this guy o, have I been to ui!! mogbe. I have been to the 3 skuls currently doing my second degree in unilag did my first in UI and oau na our main rival be it academic and esp socially Zik vs awo.

Check this out in terms of capacity excluding scotters o
Bello hall 400+
Kuti. 400+
mellanby 400+
Tedder. 400+
zik hall 977 excluding box rooms
Indy hall 977 excluding box rooms
Queen 1500
Idia 1500
Awo 2000+

oya list ur own
El kanemi
Biobaku
Eni njokwu
Sodeinde
jaja
marriere
amina
moremi
madam kofo
mth
fagunwa
honors

Zik and Indy is enough to occupy all the honors, the four hostel in new halls, el kanemi madam kofo, honors and biobaku and there will still be extra space.

Queen hall will consume amina hall

Idia will consume Moremi

Awo will consume both jaja and marrire.

All those 2 storey building Una dey call hostel.

lol, they actually have hostels not HALLS....AWOLOWO HALL of OAU is like a community...it's a village on its own...
Re: Unilag Students Forced To Sleep In The Rain As School Shuts Students Out Of Ho by ibadanfinest(m): 11:31am On May 07, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

You know how I caught thst you lied. You said all the hostels in Unilag are two storeys. Fine. If they are two storeys what will you call Queen Elizabeth and kuti hall. Before we can know the population the hostels can contain, first of all list the numbers of room in each hall and how many students each room can contain. then I can now discuss that with you. I am not moved by the figures.

Two storey building on the average don't forget el kanemi is ground floor.

Awo has 3 six storey block and 3 seven storey block but I didn't include that. let me give u analysis of zik Indy and awo.

Zik and Indy have same structure

Block A
15 ground floor
20 each for first second and third.

Total in block A equals 75 rooms x 4 each making 300 in block A.
Block A,B and C have the same structure.
300x3. 900.

Block D for finalist alone has 28 rooms x 2. 56

Total 956. The hall executive and legislature room makes it 977.

How do I know. I stay there all thru.

Awo hall

ABC is 3 storey building. Number of rooms I don't know,

Block D, E, F, G, H and I.
Block D is six storeys building and my ex room was room 66 I will even assume the 7 storey has 66 rooms.
66*6 blocks * 4 per room equals 1584. Add that to the A,B,C three storey block each and tell me its not more than 2000.

When people like us estimates, we estimate not to win but to give u fact.
Re: Unilag Students Forced To Sleep In The Rain As School Shuts Students Out Of Ho by ibadanfinest(m): 11:36am On May 07, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

Why are you scared of the future? Are you God?
This guy funny.

Am not saying they won't make it. its in terms of vibrancy, the likes of Gbenga Daniels and somoye Sahara reporters were activist in unilag. Which one is now are you God there.
Re: Unilag Students Forced To Sleep In The Rain As School Shuts Students Out Of Ho by ibadanfinest(m): 11:38am On May 07, 2016
crowniran:

lol, they actually have hostels not HALLS....AWOLOWO HALL of OAU is like a community...it's a village on its own...

they try small have four halls, jaja, marrire, moremi and amina
Re: Unilag Students Forced To Sleep In The Rain As School Shuts Students Out Of Ho by chrixus(m): 11:40am On May 07, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

Really. Is Ambode, Oshinbajo, Udom, Kayode Fayemi, Segun Oni, Gbenga Daniel just to mention a few. Are they artistes?. Guy you know nothing.
All the Aluta you had in your school, how has it changed your school's mode of operation. shaking my head.
Why can't your school stage another protest again during the increment of your school fees. Your school fees varies from one faculty to another. Abeg remove the log from your eye first.
http://www..ng/2014/07/08/obafemi-awolowo-university-releases-new-school-fees-plan/
well' MR I didn't say all your Alumni are artiste. The increment of school fees met a wide spread protest both on campus and outside school, a personal letter was given to fmr pres. Jonathan in that regard. Our school fees though varies is nothing compared to yours... If I start mentioning all the Alumni we got, I will bore you ( wikkipedia is ur friend man). We stage protest and stand with our union leaders we are not creche students that cry becos of Aluta only to be treated like animals... I can't imagine great Ife student being locked out of Awo hostel.
Re: Unilag Students Forced To Sleep In The Rain As School Shuts Students Out Of Ho by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 11:56am On May 07, 2016
ibadanfinest:

Two storey building on the average don't forget el kanemi is ground floor.

Awo has 3 six storey block and 3 seven storey block but I didn't include that. let me give u analysis of zik Indy and awo.

Zik and Indy have same structure

Block A
15 ground floor
20 each for first second and third.

Total in block A equals 75 rooms x 4 each making 300 in block A.
Block A,B and C have the same structure.
300x3. 900.

Block D for finalist alone has 28 rooms x 2. 56

Total 956. The hall executive and legislature room makes it 977.

How do I know. I stay there all thru.

Awo hall

ABC is 3 storey building. Number of rooms I don't know,

Block D, E, F, G, H and I.
Block D is six storeys building and my ex room was room 66 I will even assume the 7 storey has 66 rooms.
66*6 blocks * 4 per room equals 1584. Add that to the A,B,C three storey block each and tell me its not more than 2000.

When people like us estimates, we estimate not to win but to give u fact.
Ok. By your estimate, you have bigger halls. But stop being proud by using the word "us" for yourself.
Re: Unilag Students Forced To Sleep In The Rain As School Shuts Students Out Of Ho by ibadanfinest(m): 12:01pm On May 07, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

Ok. By your estimate, you have bigger halls. But stop being proud by using the word "us" for yourself.

Don't mind me my brother. Will take care of that. Thanks bro.
Re: Unilag Students Forced To Sleep In The Rain As School Shuts Students Out Of Ho by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 12:07pm On May 07, 2016
chrixus:
well' MR I didn't say all your Alumni are artiste. The increment of school fees met a wide spread protest both on campus and outside school, a personal letter was given to fmr pres. Jonathan in that regard. Our school fees though varies is nothing compared to yours... If I start mentioning all the Alumni we got, I will bore you ( wikkipedia is ur friend man). We stage protest and stand with our union leaders we are not creche students that cry becos of Aluta only to be treated like animals... I can't imagine great Ife student being locked out of Awo hostel.
You don't need to bore me with the list.... About students being locked outside. Those students are squatters. If the school management says that they don't want squatters, no court of law can stop them. The school is at fault in the sense that, they should build more hostels. Like the Patience Jonathan hall that wasproposed which the former first lady came to lay the foundation, the project has been abandoned.
Re: Unilag Students Forced To Sleep In The Rain As School Shuts Students Out Of Ho by OAUTemitayo: 12:11pm On May 07, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

What is great about Ife? Right now in Nigeria, if you are to pick the guys representing, holding positions. Na Unilag Alumni. haha... You can ask for their list I will give you. Lol
I laugh
Re: Unilag Students Forced To Sleep In The Rain As School Shuts Students Out Of Ho by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 12:13pm On May 07, 2016
ibadanfinest:

Am not saying they won't make it. its in terms of vibrancy, the likes of Gbenga Daniels and somoye Sahara reporters were activist in unilag. Which one is now are you God there.
Now, let be sincere with ourselves. How many genuine activitist do we have in Nigerian schools? Those ones that greed won't make them to speak the truth.
Re: Unilag Students Forced To Sleep In The Rain As School Shuts Students Out Of Ho by aadoiza: 12:14pm On May 07, 2016
lebienconnu:
This is execrably pugnacious, pestilential and attenuating.
Na rubbish you write.
Re: Unilag Students Forced To Sleep In The Rain As School Shuts Students Out Of Ho by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 12:14pm On May 07, 2016
OAUTemitayo:
I laugh
Show me now. Wikipedia is there for you.
Re: Unilag Students Forced To Sleep In The Rain As School Shuts Students Out Of Ho by chrixus(m): 12:43pm On May 07, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:
You don't need to bore me with the list.... About students being locked outside. Those students are squatters. If the school management says that they don't want squatters, no court of law can stop them. The school is at fault in the sense that, they should build more hostels. Like the Patience Jonathan hall that wasproposed which the former first lady came to lay the foundation, the project has been abandoned.
it is very impossible to build hostels that can accommodate all unilag students, but it is the duty of the school authority to provide alternatives like putting mechanism to make sure that houses of campus are cost friendly. This won't happen if the students just sit and allow the authority to hover them around.... OAU has about nine hostels yet we still have squatters and they can never be locked out.
Re: Unilag Students Forced To Sleep In The Rain As School Shuts Students Out Of Ho by Nobody: 1:05pm On May 07, 2016
ibadanfinest:
This thread has turned to Ife vs Unilag with UI being the umpire.

The three schools have brilliant minds.

UI questions are tougher than Unilag but at that its easier to do well in UI than Unilag.

OAU I know is the most beautiful school with the dirtiest hostel.

Academic standard in UI is higher than Unilag. How can someone in psychology gets 5.0 it cannot happen anywhere in the world when its not a calculation course. but when u do objective exams in 100 and 200 what do u expect.

Ife has d best admission process 50% for jamb and u do ur jamb combo in post utme

Unilag has deficiency in teems of post utme combo. I dunno how u want to get the best medical student and d best lawyers when u are making mathematics a huge determining factor in them gaining admission.

UI own is giving zero regard to jamb score. even if na 25% make Una give dem nah, so if I score 300 in jamb na waste for UI.

All in all let's go back to the thread, the senate should be human in decision making, if they want to implement no scotting, it should be after exam.
Lmao, what's this one saying? Objective is only done in 100L and dude didn't do 100level as he entered through Diploma.
UI & OAU are better than Unilag? Why not list how their undergraduates and graduates have performed better than UNILAG own before & now, so we can start there.

Don't forget that UNILAG journey to college of medicine doesn't stop after you'd been admitted compared to others.
Medicals students still slug it out and best CGPA's move to Idi Araba 4.11 was used last year which is not done in other schools where all move to 200L if they have no carryover.
Re: Unilag Students Forced To Sleep In The Rain As School Shuts Students Out Of Ho by ibadanfinest(m): 1:17pm On May 07, 2016
FrancisTony:

Lmao, what's this one saying? Objective is only done in 100L and dude didn't do 100level as he entered through Diploma.
UI & OAU are better than Unilag? Why not list how their undergraduates and graduates have performed better than UNILAG own before & now, so we can start there.

Don't forget that UNILAG journey to college of medicine doesn't stop after you'd been admitted compared to others.
Medicals students still slug it out and best CGPA's move to Idi Araba 4.11 was used last year which is not done in other schools where all move to 200L if they have no carryover.

You know u are yet to write exam in Unilag. 200 level are all objectives at least in fac of bus admin and even Economics exam in social sciences in 200 are objective or dem dey write theory for cbt exam ni? plus u are not in 200 level u just came in.
That 4.11 was to reduce intake from utme so as to accommodate foundation, we all know that.

I only point out the flaw in each skul and their advantage based on my wealth of experience.

How can u that just spend 5 month in unilag and most likely have little knowledge about other skul be talking. You never even write any exam self.
Re: Unilag Students Forced To Sleep In The Rain As School Shuts Students Out Of Ho by ibadanfinest(m): 1:23pm On May 07, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

That hall for make sense. The name self no go encourage govt to look into it pej hall. If it were to be mama HID Awolowo hall now, contribution from wealthy and private corporate body may come to the rescue of the project.
Re: Unilag Students Forced To Sleep In The Rain As School Shuts Students Out Of Ho by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 1:30pm On May 07, 2016
ibadanfinest:

That hall for make sense. The name self no go encourage govt to look into it pej hall. If it were to be mama HID Awolowo hall now, contribution from wealthy and private corporate body may come to the rescue of the project.
haha. .. They needed money from her now. Some students were against the naming. That is their problem. Have left the school, if they like let them name it anything they wish. ko kan mi
Re: Unilag Students Forced To Sleep In The Rain As School Shuts Students Out Of Ho by Nobody: 1:35pm On May 07, 2016
ibadanfinest:

You know u are yet to write exam in Unilag. 200 level are all objectives at least in fac of bus admin and even Economics exam in social sciences in 200 are objective or dem dey write theory for cbt exam ni? plus u are not in 200 level u just came in.
That 4.11 was to reduce intake from utme so as to accommodate foundation, we all know that.

I only point out the flaw in each skul and their advantage based on my wealth of experience.

How can u that just spend 5 month in unilag and most likely have little knowledge about other skul be talking. You never even write any exam self.
Whatever! I know what I am saying.
By the way, a roommate in 100L is doing theory for his psy100 course and he is in 100L, so i wonder where you are pulling all your assumptions from.
At least, all foundation students admitted had 16points which is equivalent to 5.00CGPA.
Come to DLI and see how they space them during examinations......
Stop forming Mr. know-it-all. That you have been there since doesn't mean you are more versed and knowledgeable.
I wonder why you came to Unilag and didn't stay in your overhyped Oau and Ui

100Level pre-medicals were given a handout on how they will be promoted to 200L & it's by CGPA.
Unilag is competitive compared to others.
Re: Unilag Students Forced To Sleep In The Rain As School Shuts Students Out Of Ho by ibadanfinest(m): 1:40pm On May 07, 2016
Don't forget that UNILAG journe
Medicals students still slug it out and best CGPA's move to Idi Araba 4.11 was used last year which is not done in other schools where all move to 200L if they have no carryover.[/quote]

4.11 is second class nah.

If the equivalent of that is used in UI, all of them go over pass.
follow the link below and see over 70 student of MBBS in 100 level alone who were on first class after their 100 level result. Don't worry its just 162kb.

Those admitted as at then can't be more than 90 remember there will leave space for those that want to cross to medicine in 200 and the direct entry student through A level or degree.

http://www.ui.edu.ng/sites/default/files/304422012013.pdf
Re: Unilag Students Forced To Sleep In The Rain As School Shuts Students Out Of Ho by crowniran(m): 1:40pm On May 07, 2016
smiley. tanks Ibadanfinest for not disputing the fact that we have the most beautiful campus. ....about d best issue, I can't rate but d fact is OAU is not a cheap skul wia u get tins easily ..u ve to sweat before u get an F....OAU is a school to reckon with, be it sports, academics, religion activities, student Union, THE ever beautiful environment, just name it baba....if u ve participated/witnessed any competition where OAU is included u go agree with me, we fit no carry first o(few times tho) but u cnt get away so easily on us....OAU like any other institution in NIgeria has her own challenges...no matter what, no matter wat u feel/think OAU is great, we have that mentality...we are GREAT!
Re: Unilag Students Forced To Sleep In The Rain As School Shuts Students Out Of Ho by crowniran(m): 1:40pm On May 07, 2016
smiley. tanks Ibadanfinest for not disputing the fact that we have the most beautiful campus. ....about d best issue, I can't rate but d fact is OAU is not a cheap skul wia u get tins easily ..u ve to sweat before u get an F....OAU is a school to reckon with, be it sports, academics, religion activities, student Union, THE ever beautiful environment, just name it baba....if u ve participated/witnessed any competition where OAU is included u go agree with me, we fit no carry first o(few times tho) but u cnt get away so easily on us....OAU like any other institution in NIgeria has her own challenges...no matter what, no matter wat u feel/think OAU is great, we have that mentality...we are GREAT!
Re: Unilag Students Forced To Sleep In The Rain As School Shuts Students Out Of Ho by ibadanfinest(m): 1:46pm On May 07, 2016
crowniran:

Like I said the three schools have brilliant minds.
Re: Unilag Students Forced To Sleep In The Rain As School Shuts Students Out Of Ho by ibadanfinest(m): 1:50pm On May 07, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

haha. .. They needed money from her now. Some students were against the naming. That is their problem. Have left the school, if they like let them name it anything they wish. ko kan mi

That's part of what am saying. I left UI two years ago and I still feel am part of them because 'once u are a uite, a uite, a uite, once u are a uite, forever u are one'.
Re: Unilag Students Forced To Sleep In The Rain As School Shuts Students Out Of Ho by ibadanfinest(m): 1:57pm On May 07, 2016
FrancisTony:

Whatever! I know what I am saying.
By the way, a roommate in 100L is doing theory for his psy100 course and he is in 100L, so i wonder where you are pulling all your assumptions from.
At least, all foundation students admitted had 16points which is equivalent to 5.00CGPA.
Come to DLI and see how they space them during examinations......
Stop forming Mr. know-it-all. That you have been there since doesn't mean you are more versed and knowledgeable.
I wonder why you came to Unilag and didn't stay in your overhyped Oau and Ui

100Level pre-medicals were given a handout on how they will be promoted to 200L & it's by CGPA.
Unilag is competitive compared to others.

Sorry Aburo, its one of those things. But hope u have downloaded the link I sent u.
Why won't the foundation be on 5:0 when they already have free 30 marks in their fraudulent in course assessment.

If u had patience you would have seen where I said oau hostels are dirty, That its easier to pass in UI cos of comfort and that UI policy of attaching zero importance to jamb score is very bad.

I praise and criticize all the school but well na unilag dey breed u, I don't expect much from u.
Re: Unilag Students Forced To Sleep In The Rain As School Shuts Students Out Of Ho by Nobody: 2:00pm On May 07, 2016
ibadanfinest:
Don't forget that UNILAG journe

4.11 is second class nah.

If the equivalent of that is used in UI, all of them go over pass.
follow the link below and see over 70 student of MBBS in 100 level alone who were on first class after their 100 level result. Don't worry its just 162kb.

Those admitted as at then can't be more than 90 remember there will leave space for those that want to cross to medicine in 200 and the direct entry student through A level or degree.

http://www.ui.edu.ng/sites/default/files/304422012013.pdf
You see how contradictory you sound? Yet you said it's easy to make first class in UNILAG compared to UI & OAU.

It's almost Monday already, go and read for your book. Exam calls.

Cc tobex20 - this dude is In your department
Re: Unilag Students Forced To Sleep In The Rain As School Shuts Students Out Of Ho by Nobody: 2:05pm On May 07, 2016
][/
ibadanfinest:

Sorry Aburo, its one of those things. But hope u have downloaded the link I sent u.
Why won't the foundation be on 5:0 when they already have free 30 marks in their fraudulent in course assessment.

If u had patience you would have seen where I said oau hostels are dirty, That its easier to pass in UI cos of comfort and that UI policy of attaching zero importance to jamb score is very bad.

I praise and criticize all the school but well na unilag dey breed u, I don't expect much from u.
Free 30marks? Yet many of them score below 30 out of 100 going by what is/was posted at the faculty.

SMH!

1 Like

Re: Unilag Students Forced To Sleep In The Rain As School Shuts Students Out Of Ho by davbravo(m): 2:05pm On May 07, 2016
ibadanfinest:

"Why won't the foundation be on 5:0 when they already have free 30 marks in their fraudulent in course assessment."
This statement is not true.....if the in course is fraudulent, why did some students have 0point besides not up to 50% of the student that did the foundation programme last year were admitted, cos a lot of them failed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

UNTH Enugu Nursing Students Sent Out Of Hostel For Protesting (Photos) / Buhari Orders NITDA To Subject IPPIS, UTAS, U3PS To Integrity Test / Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.