Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,837 members, 7,802,680 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:41 PM

Woman Marries 2 Men, Charged To Sharia Court - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Woman Marries 2 Men, Charged To Sharia Court (13081 Views)

Benue Woman Marries Pregnant Lady To Bear Children For Late Son / Update On The Woman Whose Husband Took To Sharia Court For Praying Too Much"PICS / Husband Takes His Christian Wife To Sharia Court For "Praying Too Much" (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Marries 2 Men, Charged To Sharia Court by ijustdey: 6:21pm On May 07, 2016
•I attended my friend’s marriages to both ‘husbands’ —Witness

A middle aged woman, Amina Kabir, is currently standing trial before the Jibiya upper sharia court, Katsina, for getting married to two men, contrary to sharia law of the state.

When the case came up, the prosecutor told the court that the embattled woman married her first husband in 1994, while she got married to her second husband five months ago.

He told the court further that her first husband, Kabir Mohammed, lives in Jibiya, while her second husband, Shamsu Saulawa lives in Katsina township.

“My Lord, anytime, she wants to sleep with one of them, she will tell the other that she will be travelling to either Jibiya or Katsina.”

However, the prosecutor told the court that nemesis caught up with the housewife when she quarrelled with one of her friends, Hindatu, over debt. The friend, in a fit of anger, spilled the beans.

‘Her first husband who witnessed the quarrel thought that Hindatu wanted to paint his wife black and thus he decided to sue her for defaming Amina.

The courtroom which was filled to capacity, heard from Hindatu on interrogation telling the court that her friend was indeed married to two men and she was a witness to both marriage ceremonies.
She told the court that she is willing to present all her witnesses.

The presiding judge, Alhaji Kabir Hamisu Bello, adjourned the case till May 9,2016 for further hearing.

http://tribuneonlineng.com/woman-charged-to-sharia-court-for-getting-married-to-two-men
Re: Woman Marries 2 Men, Charged To Sharia Court by JBismarck(m): 6:22pm On May 07, 2016
Nothing wey man no go see

Scrap that! FTC on my first day of returning to NL. *wey this fowls self? I need to do ariya for NLders* grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Woman Marries 2 Men, Charged To Sharia Court by nrexzy: 6:24pm On May 07, 2016
Women self done dey over do dis days.. Dem neva pass Feminism bill e b like this.....imagine if d bill pass??

9 Likes

Re: Woman Marries 2 Men, Charged To Sharia Court by Nobody: 6:26pm On May 07, 2016
oh buh its okay for men to marry more than one wife hypocrites

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Marries 2 Men, Charged To Sharia Court by mystiqueDZ(f): 6:28pm On May 07, 2016
Kini big deal grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Woman Marries 2 Men, Charged To Sharia Court by Terry68: 6:36pm On May 07, 2016
Turning to an India lady in black skin is always problamtic especially in a sharia area.

I no blame her... Her economical previledge is becoming uncontrollable.

Furthermore; the story is just funny.

1 Like

Re: Woman Marries 2 Men, Charged To Sharia Court by STFUandSUCK: 6:44pm On May 07, 2016
A
Re: Woman Marries 2 Men, Charged To Sharia Court by Karm16: 10:23pm On May 07, 2016
But polygamy is okay? Backward Africa.

7 Likes

Re: Woman Marries 2 Men, Charged To Sharia Court by SmithHumble50: 10:23pm On May 07, 2016
nawa oo..

Polyandry? Islam doesnt permit that>>> angry shocked shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Marries 2 Men, Charged To Sharia Court by SamuelAnyawu(m): 10:23pm On May 07, 2016
They should charge both men too grin grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Woman Marries 2 Men, Charged To Sharia Court by Nobody: 10:23pm On May 07, 2016
Is that what is called polyandry?!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Marries 2 Men, Charged To Sharia Court by pet4ril(f): 10:24pm On May 07, 2016
I thought polyandry is not practised in my dear Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Woman Marries 2 Men, Charged To Sharia Court by matrix199(m): 10:25pm On May 07, 2016
Polyandry!

Well, she wants to eat her cake and have it.
Re: Woman Marries 2 Men, Charged To Sharia Court by centmichael101(m): 10:25pm On May 07, 2016
L
Re: Woman Marries 2 Men, Charged To Sharia Court by Chuksemi(m): 10:25pm On May 07, 2016
Let the feminists speak
Re: Woman Marries 2 Men, Charged To Sharia Court by nic121: 10:25pm On May 07, 2016
Things dey happen for katsina
Re: Woman Marries 2 Men, Charged To Sharia Court by Nobody: 10:26pm On May 07, 2016
EroticAngelina:
oh buh its okay for men to marry more than one wife
hypocrites
Just come clean and admit you want two or more husbands.

6 Likes

Re: Woman Marries 2 Men, Charged To Sharia Court by Ladyisi1(f): 10:27pm On May 07, 2016
Hhahahahhahahhhahahahaahhah@ notin we nor go hear for naija
Re: Woman Marries 2 Men, Charged To Sharia Court by wayne4loan: 10:27pm On May 07, 2016
What's good for the gander is also good for the goose

4 Likes

Re: Woman Marries 2 Men, Charged To Sharia Court by DifferentBoy1(m): 10:29pm On May 07, 2016
EroticAngelina:
hypocrites

B4 nkor... . Do you have a third leg?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Marries 2 Men, Charged To Sharia Court by ashraffzubair: 10:33pm On May 07, 2016
lipsrsealed
ijustdey:

http://tribuneonlineng.com/woman-charged-to-sharia-court-for-getting-married-to-two-men

Na wah oo lipsrsealed
ijustdey:

Na wah oo
Re: Woman Marries 2 Men, Charged To Sharia Court by sassiemyk: 10:34pm On May 07, 2016
it's so sad to even see some ladies commenting in support of the shameless woman. pls what do they want.? so because Solomon married 300 women his wives too married more than one man? with the way these shameless women of this generation are going, I think it's advisable to adopt the Old Roman way of treating women in this country.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Marries 2 Men, Charged To Sharia Court by priscaoge(f): 10:35pm On May 07, 2016
Lol.... Many things de happen sha
Re: Woman Marries 2 Men, Charged To Sharia Court by ybalogs(m): 10:38pm On May 07, 2016
Will like to know the punishment to be meted on her. Lots of women are guilty of this offence. Some just divorce without proper documentation and remarry.
Following keenly.

1 Like

Re: Woman Marries 2 Men, Charged To Sharia Court by Nobody: 10:40pm On May 07, 2016
Na where dem suppose carry Nnamdi Kanu go for holding two passports..

#ashewokanu
Re: Woman Marries 2 Men, Charged To Sharia Court by ceejay80s(m): 10:40pm On May 07, 2016
After dem go say na Christians sin pass!!!!!!!!
Re: Woman Marries 2 Men, Charged To Sharia Court by Nobody: 10:44pm On May 07, 2016
What is sauce for d goose is sauce for d gander na..
grin

But y her so called "FRIEND" spill d beans??... she tell u secret,una quarel, u reveal d secret... this further confirms d FACT that women are their worst enemies..

1 Like

Re: Woman Marries 2 Men, Charged To Sharia Court by corjiakor(m): 10:49pm On May 07, 2016
This country sef, things dey happen
Re: Woman Marries 2 Men, Charged To Sharia Court by dare2differ: 10:50pm On May 07, 2016
Your ancestors are hypocrites
You are a hypocrite!
EroticAngelina:
hypocrites

5 Likes

Re: Woman Marries 2 Men, Charged To Sharia Court by mygee2(m): 10:52pm On May 07, 2016
EroticAngelina:
hypocrites
why won't you respect pples religion since nobody is forcing you to join Islam why won't you pple let us profit
ce our religion in peace.
we never sniff into your religious affairs so I wonder why d obsession about Islam

7 Likes

Re: Woman Marries 2 Men, Charged To Sharia Court by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:53pm On May 07, 2016
ybalogs:
Will like to know the punishment to be meted on her. Lots of women are guilty of this offence. Some just divorce without proper documentation and remarry.
Following keenly.

According to sharia legal code, it is adultery and carries capital punishment (by stoning)

1 Like

Re: Woman Marries 2 Men, Charged To Sharia Court by najib632(m): 10:55pm On May 07, 2016
EroticAngelina:
hypocrites
Please do thesame.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can I Marry My Brother's Wife Sister / NL Husband Material / Are You Married And Facing Challenges? Would You Like To Share To Help Others?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.