Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,313 members, 7,808,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:12 AM

Cross River Seaport Construction Begins In Three Months — Ayade - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cross River Seaport Construction Begins In Three Months — Ayade (14297 Views)

President Buhari, Amaechi And El-Rufai At The Dry Land Seaport In Kaduna / "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) / Badagry Deep Seaport Construction And Free Trade Zone. Photos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cross River Seaport Construction Begins In Three Months — Ayade by ALISMILE(m): 9:25am On May 08, 2016
HopeAtHand:

Asari isnt the same as NDA. Atleast you saw their 11point demands and you can see that the demands are valid.

I just wish we can peacefully go our separate ways in this country.
Could u pls get away from NL with all this talk of secession! U hate to hear any good news coming from Nig! All u pray to hear is bad news so u alws ve a reason to advocate ur evil agenda! Child of hate could u pls applaud these actions of Akwa ibom and Cross River States? Nigeria sha be great whether u like it or not! If because of hate u chose not to be part of the development then hide ursef!

1 Like

Re: Cross River Seaport Construction Begins In Three Months — Ayade by back2sender: 9:26am On May 08, 2016
Krismart:
Let us see the development come first to Cross Rivers and Akwaibom b4 blaming other oil producing states
What did i say earlier. Ibolas Children of hate, see one of them bad belle people now against the positive devpt of cross river state and akwa ibom people.

1 Like

Re: Cross River Seaport Construction Begins In Three Months — Ayade by NaijaEfcc: 9:27am On May 08, 2016
Good vision!! I have always wondered why as big as Nigeria is, stuffs enter through a particular state?? doesn't make any sense!!

1 Like

Re: Cross River Seaport Construction Begins In Three Months — Ayade by back2sender: 9:30am On May 08, 2016
ALISMILE:
Could u pls get away from NL with all this talk of secession! U hate to hear any good news coming from NL! All u pray to hear is bad news so u alws ve a reason to advance ur evil agenda! Child of hate could u pls applaud these actions of Akwa ibom ad Cross States? Nigeria sha be great whether u like it or not! If because of hate u chose not to be part of the development then hide ursef!
Bros why are wasting your precious and quality time with this children of hate. The only language dey understand are kidnapping, ritual, hard drugs , fake drugs, osu caste, armed robbery, 419, killing thier papa and mama for money, cheating, hate, lack respect etc. The evil tribes of naija sorry i mean IPOB republic

8 Likes

Re: Cross River Seaport Construction Begins In Three Months — Ayade by benideey(m): 9:57am On May 08, 2016
If only the federal government can explore the ocean economy in South South, Within months, those Centres will become the commercial hub in Africa.

Have never seen a state close to a working seaport undeveloped. This project should commence with immediacy. I think, a working seaport in South South will be one measure to reduce the population in Lagos. Our sons and daughters will return home immediately knowing that development will surely spring up.

God bless Nigeria. Greater things ahead.

1 Like

Re: Cross River Seaport Construction Begins In Three Months — Ayade by babadee1(m): 10:07am On May 08, 2016
HopeAtHand:

Stop insulting the militants. The oil is in their land, and they can't to see their people in abject poverty when they have been blessed with crude oil. They are fighting to control their resources and use it for the eradication of poverty in their land.

It is fair enough.

The ND militants are fighting for their own pockets not for the people. They don't care about the people, they only care about money.

1 Like

Re: Cross River Seaport Construction Begins In Three Months — Ayade by Yorubasgreat(f): 10:10am On May 08, 2016
Krismart:
In other words, d FG has succeeded in finishing Cross River oil and has channelled their full attention to other oil producing states

There are so many things involved shaa.. But if this description gives u joy and make a fufiled day for you.. Then Yes.. That's what it is..

1 Like

Re: Cross River Seaport Construction Begins In Three Months — Ayade by Super1Star: 10:15am On May 08, 2016
benideey:
If only the federal government can explore the ocean economy in South South, Within months, those Centres will become the commercial hub in Africa.

Have never seen a state close to a working seaport undeveloped. This project should commence with immediacy. I think, a working seaport in South South will be one measure to reduce the population in Lagos. Our sons and daughters will return home immediately knowing that development will surely spring up.

God bless Nigeria. Greater things ahead.

Which company will execute the project and at what cost, when you factor in security cost that will arise due to kidnapping?

Which investor will put his money in such project when he is not assured that his staff will not be kidnapped or murdered?

How will your sons and daughters leave a relatively peaceful environment to relocate where they run the risk of being kidnapped?

3 Likes

Re: Cross River Seaport Construction Begins In Three Months — Ayade by yanabasee(m): 10:27am On May 08, 2016
VivianUdeogu:
I tell ya ... Cross Rivers state would witness a lot of socio-economic growth with the construction of The Lagos-Calabar Rail and The Bakassi Deep Seaport.

Btw, is Cross Rivers state not also an Oil producing state in the Niger Delta? Why dont we often hear reports of vandalism, militancy and cultism as it is common in Delta state and PH

Becoz the government here is operated as a family lineage thing.... Cross River state is poorly infrastructured and poorly managed.. Ever since the regime of Donald Duke, there is no good development and all projects were abandoned and abolished by Sen liyel Imoke...

Cross River is purely green and clean and yet no good jobs.. A Northern Cross Riverian ones told me that the state collects one of the lowest allocation from FG.. Wereas, CRS is among the First five state that gets high allocation... Yet, no jobs creation..

But I love the state..... Its calmed! Here, you spend money and can't make it..

1 Like

Re: Cross River Seaport Construction Begins In Three Months — Ayade by tinsel: 10:30am On May 08, 2016
A governor that knows when to play politics and not mix politics with the interest of his people.
I will liken him to Sam Mbakwe of blessed memory. While Jim Nwobodo was busy fighting NPN, Sam Mbakwe was busy working with the NPN controlled federal government for the good of his people.

2 Likes

Re: Cross River Seaport Construction Begins In Three Months — Ayade by Onyeani5million(m): 10:31am On May 08, 2016
VivianUdeogu:
I tell ya ... Cross Rivers state would witness a lot of socio-economic growth with the construction of The Lagos-Calabar Rail and The Bakassi Deep Seaport.

Btw, is Cross Rivers state not also an Oil producing state in the Niger Delta? Why dont we often hear reports of vandalism, militancy and cultism as it is common in Delta state and PH

Cross river state is no longer an oil producing state because their oil wells were ceded to Akwa Ibom state hence no single drop of oil in any part of cross river again.

1 Like

Re: Cross River Seaport Construction Begins In Three Months — Ayade by giles14(m): 10:36am On May 08, 2016
back2sender:

Bros why are wasting your precious and quality time with this children of hate. The only language dey understand are kidnapping, ritual, hard drugs , fake drugs, osu caste, armed robbery, 419, killing thier papa and mama for money, cheating, hate, lack respect etc. The evil tribes of naija sorry i mean IPOB republic
d evil tribe of naija don repent o

Na children of waste naija dey run d show now such as rape,fake pastors,419,rituals killings,smugglers.

bros no let envy kill you

2 Likes

Re: Cross River Seaport Construction Begins In Three Months — Ayade by totorimi: 10:40am On May 08, 2016
Ride on great son of Biafra
Re: Cross River Seaport Construction Begins In Three Months — Ayade by rusher14: 10:46am On May 08, 2016
Krismart:
In other words, d FG has succeeded in finishing Cross River oil and has channelled their full attention to other oil producing states

Even if it were true Oil isn't the only source of wealth.

Do you know Hong Kong has no oil?
Re: Cross River Seaport Construction Begins In Three Months — Ayade by cheruv: 10:57am On May 08, 2016
ObiofOnitsha:
Very good. God bless crossriver, still dont know why my Igbo brothers are sad about this news. This is terrible
Sad about what

Answering Igbo monikers is newest low I never expected these odua insurgirls to go to.
Hurray for Ayyade

3 Likes

Re: Cross River Seaport Construction Begins In Three Months — Ayade by jamesversion: 11:06am On May 08, 2016
back2sender:

Why do you want the evil tribe to be a part of you? A people who steal, kidnap, rob, etc should be no part of you, they have no business being your countrymen, you shud see to it that they go a separate way from you..

Hw abt that??
Re: Cross River Seaport Construction Begins In Three Months — Ayade by MORNDEW(m): 11:06am On May 08, 2016
See Nigerian youths A news to cheer dem turnam to tribalistic topic.
Even the one they call hopeathand dey support millitant and u begin to wonder these youths no go school? he might even be a militant. Smh.

3 Likes

Re: Cross River Seaport Construction Begins In Three Months — Ayade by benideey(m): 11:33am On May 08, 2016
Super1Star:

Which company will execute the project and at what cost, when you factor in security cost that will arise due to kidnapping?

Which investor will put his money in such project when he is not assured that his staff will not be kidnapped or murdered?

How will your sons and daughters leave a relatively peaceful environment to relocate where they run the risk of being kidnapped?

Foreign consulting and contracting construction firms with incorporation of indigenous firms will handle the construction. It will be a mega-project and very much capital intensive, but am confident that Nigeria can fund it.

Security is now a global challenge. I feel if we could work on the minds of people, give them a sense of ownership of infrastructure within their vicinity. They will probably not think ill about it since they will now know they own it. Reforms should be done to get the youths gainfully employed, a means of livelihood for all who are hungry and have no food,shelter and clothing. An hungry man is likely going to think of evil, why not get him food or give him a land to plant and he will live peacefully afterwards. Not forgetting, we have to keep the Nigerian force active in those zones.

Investors take calculated risk. If we can make good negotiations and convince them that we can tackle our security challenges. They should hopefully agree with us. Let's not be pessimistic, we can make our environment peaceful too.

Things will definitely get better. Be patriotic.

1 Like

Re: Cross River Seaport Construction Begins In Three Months — Ayade by Krismart(m): 11:35am On May 08, 2016
rusher14:

Even if it were true Oil isn't the only source of wealth.

Do you know Hong Kong has no oil?
I wish you could let the FG know that
Re: Cross River Seaport Construction Begins In Three Months — Ayade by Krismart(m): 11:40am On May 08, 2016
back2sender:

What did i say earlier. Ibolas Children of hate, see one of them bad belle people now against the positive devpt of cross river state and akwa ibom people.
Are u insane or what? How can an Igbo man hate a development coming to Niger Delta which I knw I will surely benefit from in one way or another? I only responded to your previous post as it is, unless u misrepresented your intention on the post.

3 Likes

Re: Cross River Seaport Construction Begins In Three Months — Ayade by dominicko(m): 11:51am On May 08, 2016
VivianUdeogu:

sorry cross river doesn't have any oil well. The last of it was taken by akwa ibom state
Re: Cross River Seaport Construction Begins In Three Months — Ayade by ozoemenafn: 11:59am On May 08, 2016
Pray that they don't frustrate the project at the Federal Level. There are people who don't want other states to have a functioning sea ports just because they know the impact that would have on their level of activities
Re: Cross River Seaport Construction Begins In Three Months — Ayade by yaki84: 12:43pm On May 08, 2016
ALISMILE:
What GEJ could not do PMB is doing it! Yet ome bigot will tell me PMB hates the south!

was gej d govr of cross river state?

did d govr said federal govt will execute d job?

d super highway is it fed govt project? is it in buhari's padded budget?

seaport, power plants, mining license are all in federal govt exclusive list. u cant undergo any of these projects without federal govt being involve. am part of ibom deep seaport, at least am privy to some info concerning that project, once it comes onboard will be d first to break d news. dont wanna sharp mouth yet. I can categorically tell u singaporeans r the contractors, they promise to deliver the job in 12months time once they start.
the problem is howfunding considering the paucity of funds in d state, another problem is the former consultant took the new govr to court that she still wants to continue with the job afer they paid her off.

buhari is not putting a dime in bakassi port, fact. they only job of fed govt is to approve.
the super highway is strictly state govt project.

1 Like

Re: Cross River Seaport Construction Begins In Three Months — Ayade by prelinctus: 12:58pm On May 08, 2016
Onyeani5million:

Cross river state is no longer an oil producing state because their oil wells were ceded to Akwa Ibom state hence no single drop of oil in any part of cross river again.
Why then do they receive 13% derivation?
Re: Cross River Seaport Construction Begins In Three Months — Ayade by asha80(m): 12:59pm On May 08, 2016
yaki84:

was gej d govr of cross river state?

did d govr said federal govt will execute d job?

d super highway is it fed govt project? is it in buhari's padded budget?

seaport, power plants, mining license are all in federal govt exclusive list. u cant undergo any of these projects without federal govt being involve. am part of ibom deep seaport, at least am privy to some info concerning that project, once it comes onboard will be d first to break d news. dont wanna sharp mouth yet. I can categorically tell u singaporeans r the contractors, they promise to deliver the job in 12months time once they start.
the problem is howfunding considering the paucity of funds in d state, another problem is the former consultant took the new govr to court that she still wants to continue with the job afer they paid her off.

buhari is not putting a dime in bakassi port, fact. they only job of fed govt is to approve.
the super highway is strictly state govt project.

So in essence the ibom port project is still on course?

This present fg is not frustrating it?

Funds in the issue? Where is calabar getting its fund then?

I ask these questions so as to know whom to hold responsible in the future in case it no longer materializes.

1 Like

Re: Cross River Seaport Construction Begins In Three Months — Ayade by asha80(m): 1:00pm On May 08, 2016
prelinctus:

Why then do they receive 13% derivation?
they no longer do
Re: Cross River Seaport Construction Begins In Three Months — Ayade by Nobody: 1:08pm On May 08, 2016
Super1Star:
The Governor is very wise.

He is not mixing party politics with governance.
Exactly
Re: Cross River Seaport Construction Begins In Three Months — Ayade by yaki84: 1:11pm On May 08, 2016
asha80:

So in essence the ibom port project is still on course?

This present fg is not frustrating it?

Funds in the issue? Where is calabar getting its fund then?

I ask these questions so as to know whom to hold responsible in the future in case it no longer materializes.

I dont know abt calabar own but am talkng abt the one am privy of which is ibom deepsea port.
by Gods grace work will commence soonest.
ameachi would hv frustrated it but u know they appointed ministers late n befor then the committee members had resume the process of getting approval from the fed govt. so everything abt approval has been cleared concerning ibom port, the issue now is funds to kickstart the project n the litigation in court between the former consultant who the previous admin hired who had no prerequisite knowledge abt seaport.
but god willing this year work will start.

once it kickstart, will feed nairaland with situation report.

1 Like

Re: Cross River Seaport Construction Begins In Three Months — Ayade by asha80(m): 1:14pm On May 08, 2016
yaki84:

I dont know abt calabar own but am talkng abt the one am privy of which is ibom deepsea port.
by Gods grace work will commence soonest.
ameachi would hv frustrated it but u know they appointed ministers late n befor then the committee members had resume the process of getting approval from the fed govt. so everything abt approval has been cleared concerning ibom port, the issue now is funds to kickstart the project n the litigation in court between the former consultant who the previous admin hired who had no prerequisite knowledge abt seaport.
but god willing this year work will start.

once it kickstart, will feed nairaland with situation report.
if I may ask how would amaechi have frustrated it if the committee members got approval from the same fg which later appointed him?
Re: Cross River Seaport Construction Begins In Three Months — Ayade by saintdennis(m): 1:17pm On May 08, 2016
HopeAtHand:

Stop insulting the militants. The oil is in their land, and they can't to see their people in abject poverty when they have been blessed with crude oil. They are fighting to control their resources and use it for the eradication of poverty in their land.

It is fair enough.

Lmao... bro wake up !
Re: Cross River Seaport Construction Begins In Three Months — Ayade by udumosam23(m): 1:19pm On May 08, 2016
Sirnose:
Cross river state,ma own state!..Ayade is working,cross river state is working..we will continue to be in d fore front of development in naija....

#proudcrossriverian#

Finally, I found one I can call brother
Re: Cross River Seaport Construction Begins In Three Months — Ayade by obailala(m): 1:44pm On May 08, 2016
The only thing standing on the way of the actualisation of great developmental projects of this nature is the lack of leadership vision, political will and courage of our leaders to see it through.

Thank God we have someone with the vision and focus of Prof Ayade who is boldly about to do the unthinkable; hopefully this project comes to fruition in record time. Meanwhile we still have a multitude of brainwashed idle minds who still dwell on throwing tribal and ethnic blames and excuses around for the visionlessness and failures of our leaders, all because someone behind a radio told them to do so.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Approves Fresh Probe Into Missing Chibok Girls / Do You Know Who Your Local Government Chairman Is? / WTO: Nigeria Is Number One Importer In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.