Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,840 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:46 PM

If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About (42195 Views)

What If God Exists? (best Post You'll Ever Come Across) / D / The Evil Apple: Did Adam And Eve Really Eat An Apple? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by Sirnose(m): 9:30pm On May 07, 2016
Hello peeps!..good evening
There has been a nagging question i have asking,but have'nt gotten an answer.
The question is,if God only created Adam and Eve,and they in turn begat Caine and Abel,who begot every other person on earth as at then.we are told that after God cast Caine out of His presence,he became a wanderer and eventually got a wife and married her(Gen.5 vs 17).
Where did this wife of Caine come from?
Did God created other people after Adam and Eve?
Why was it not recorded in d Bible?
Is the compilation of the Bible even complete?

42 Likes 8 Shares

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by Flexherbal(m): 9:38pm On May 07, 2016
Some questions are difficult to answer.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by Splinz(m): 9:41pm On May 07, 2016
It's obvious you've not been reading your bible well. Now go back to Genesis and start all over. This time, read it very slowly and pay good attention.

80 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by nnadychuks(m): 9:43pm On May 07, 2016
In the old testament the bible didn't take record of women,the decendants talked about males.. Since it was regarded that woman came from man

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by Paulpaulpaul(m): 10:25pm On May 07, 2016
Splinz:
It's obvious you've not been reading your bible well. Now go back to Genesis and start all over. This time, read it very slowly and pay good attention.

Don't come with that, don't even try it.

Adam and Eve gave birth to Cain and Abel but Cain killed Abel. God put a mark on him so that people of the world would not kill him. Genesis 4;14-15

Who are those people?

This universe is over 13billion years old. No record is accurate anymore.

147 Likes 8 Shares

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by Paulpaulpaul(m): 10:31pm On May 07, 2016
nnadychuks:
In the old testament the bible didn't take record of women,the decendants talked about males.. Since it was regarded that woman came from man

That is not entirely true, Cain eventually married from Adam's offsprings Genesis 4v16 downward. Who were the people? Obviously Seth was not born yet

9 Likes

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by sample042(m): 11:59pm On May 07, 2016
nnadychuks:

DEAR, don't tell me Dat d Bible God who I was raised to revere as an omniscient is a MISOGYNIST

U should do better than the above Bro... Try harder

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by Splinz(m): 12:03am On May 08, 2016
Paulpaulpaul:

Adam and Eve gave birth to Cain and Abel but Cain killed Abel. God put a mark on him so that people of the world would not kill him. Genesis 4;14-15

Who are those people?

Okay, lets reason together. You see, it is not everything that's recorded in the bible, i.e, the day to day activities of bible's characters. This style of writing is not only common in the bible, but also in the literatures of the world. Why? Here, "Now there are also many other things that Jesus did. Were EVERY ONE of them to be written, I suppose that the world itself could not contain the books that would be written"- John 21:25. That's it! If the world itself cannot contain just Jesus ministry alone, how much more detailing every thing about creation?

Now, the point I'm trying to make is this. In Genesis 4:1, Cain is born. The very next verse, Abel is born too. The point: after Cain was born, definitely, a lot of time has passed before Abel was born! Also note that it is in verse 1 that Adam knew his wife, and it is still in that verse that she bare Cain. So at least you should know that nine months has passed since Adam knew his wife before she bare Cain!

Coming down to verse 14, certainly, a lot of years has passed before Cain slew his brother, judging from the fact that one was a farmer and the other, a shepherd. That means they were adults who could take responsibilities!

So, it is very much possible and likely that at this stage of their lives, their parents may have already produce other children in order to be "fruitful and multiply". I hope this helps?

147 Likes 11 Shares

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by cloudgoddess(f): 12:24am On May 08, 2016
The answer is that the biblical account of human origins is glaringly false. The bible was written and compiled by people in ancient 1st century civilizations who had no way of knowing their true origins due to the absence of modern archaeological, biological & geographical knowledge, talk less of having any clue about DNA and genetics and how to trace lineages by studying sequencing data.

There is no possible way, genetically or geographically, for all humans to have originated from a single pair of humans located somewhere in the middle eastern territory 6,000 or so years ago. There are even manmade tools and relics found throughout the world that date back far older than the proposed creation of biblical Adam and Eve. Modern humans were preceded by a large population of pre-modern hominids (not a single pair), and the many races we see today are a result of over 100,000 years of migration, adaptation, and genetic diversion from Africa.

87 Likes 12 Shares

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by Paulpaulpaul(m): 12:31am On May 08, 2016
Splinz:

Okay, lets reason together. You see, it is not everything that's recorded in the bible, i.e, the day to day activities of bible's characters. This style of writing is not only common in the bible, but also in the literatures of the world. Why? Here, "Now there are also many other things that Jesus did. Were EVERY ONE of them to be written, I suppose that the world itself could not contain the books that would be written"- John 21:25. That's it! If the world itself cannot contain just Jesus ministry alone, how much more detailing every thing about creation?

Now, the point I'm trying to make is this. In Genesis 4:1, Cain is born. The very next verse, Abel is born too. The point: after Cain was born, definitely, a lot of time has passed before Abel was born! Also note that it is in verse 1 that Adam knew his wife, and it is still in that verse that she bare Cain. So at least you should know that nine months has passed since Adam knew his wife before she bare Cain!

Coming down to verse 14, certainly, a lot of years has passed before Cain slew his brother, judging from the fact that one was a farmer and the other, a shepherd. That means they were adults who could take responsibilities!

So, it is very much possible and likely that at this stage of their lives, their parents may have already produce other children in order to be "fruitful and multiply". I hope this helps?

Your first analogy of the whole world not being able to contain the information is ridiculous. Let's accept the truth that Genesis is written in introspection by Moses who didn't live in the Eden time.

Don't forget that the world was destroyed by God, maybe Noah kept some records in the ark. Moses was born and bred in Africa-Egypt. It would be surely be an inaccurate and disjointed piece. To this time, there was no known literacy, in fact, one fact says literacy started in Egypt.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by Splinz(m): 5:10am On May 08, 2016
Paulpaulpaul:

Your first analogy of the whole world not being able to contain the information is ridiculous. Let's accept the truth that Genesis is written in introspection by Moses who didn't live in the Eden time.

Don't forget that the world was destroyed by God, maybe Noah kept some records in the ark. Moses was born and bred in Africa-Egypt. It would be surely be an inaccurate and disjointed piece. To this time, there was no known literacy, in fact, one fact says literacy started in Egypt.

[quote author=Paulpaulpaul post=45415641]
There's no truth in saying Moses wrote in "introspection". For we know that all Scriptures were inspired by God, and is therefore, perfect. Now, as One who inspired the Bible, everything in it is just the way He wants it, i.e, enough to achieve His purpose. For example, I've shown you that not everything that Jesus did was recorded, but only what God deem as necessary in instructing His believers.

Now, God has given humans the mind power to reason and create, differentiating them from animals. So if anyone has an insatiable lust for worldly knowledge, the schools are there! Go, and the world will teach you its wisdom and understanding. If it appeals to you, then hold on to it.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by Paulpaulpaul(m): 5:55am On May 08, 2016
Splinz:

Pls, I gat no curiosity to satisfy and pls, there is nothing like the knowledge of this world.

Back to the matter, go read the story of the Church, read about the council of Nicaea. I prolly understand Il Timothy 3v16 than you

4 Likes

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by Nobody: 6:43am On May 08, 2016
Sirnose:
The question is,if God only created Adam and Eve,and they in turn begat Caine and Abel,who begot every other person on earth as at then.we are told that after God cast Caine out of His presence,he became a wanderer and eventually got a wife and married her(Gen.5 vs 17).

The bible beneficial for teaching, for reproving etc 2tim 3:16. The bible has a purpose for its writing. The purpose is not to document every bit of history(no book can claim that even historical books), but to lead us to the knowledge of God and to the sanctification of His name.

The story of Cain and Abel was to teach us what envy does. It was written for instruction, not that they were the only children of Adam at the time. If God does not feel that a knowledge will be helpful for our teaching, he won't include the account in His word. I want u to understand what the bible is.

2. Did God create other humans after Adam and Eve or before? the bible's answer is no.

It was only Eve that gave birth to other humans who populated the earth. Gen 3:20.

Did she and Adam give birth to only males? No, read gen 5:4.

It is logical then to conclude that Eve gave birth to other humans not mentioned in the bible, including females. Why is this reasonable?

- Adam was 130 yrs before giving birth to Seth. Gen 5:3. Now 129 years is enough to give birth to many and even enough time for ur offspring to produce there own children.

- The words of Cain and Gods action at gen 4: 14-15 as to who might kill Cain, suggests that some families have sprang up and migrated to other locations. Cain may have married any of his female relatives.

The story of Cain became prominent no doubt cos of the lessons to be learned from it. Perhaps the accounts of Adam's other sons and daughters never had something of significance.

73 Likes 7 Shares

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by Splinz(m): 8:06am On May 08, 2016
Paulpaulpaul:

Pls, I gat no curiosity to satisfy and pls, there is nothing like the knowledge of this world.

Back to the matter, go read the story of the Church, read about the council of Nicaea. I prolly understand Il Timothy 3v16 than you

Saying there's no knowledge of this world has exposed you as a baby in knowledge. For just as there's day and night, so also exist the physical and spiritual world, with apparent difference in level of wisdom and understanding.

If you claimed to know a thing about 2 Timothy 3:16, then you wouldn't have made the heretical comment that the Scriptures were written in introspection. As for Church History, do not think that the Council of Nicaea was convened and presided by the true Church.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by Paulpaulpaul(m): 8:18am On May 08, 2016
Splinz:

Saying there's no knowledge of this world has exposed you as a baby in knowledge. For just as there's day and night, so also exist the physical and spiritual world, with apparent difference in level of wisdom and understanding.

If you claimed to know a thing about 2 Timothy 3:16, then you wouldn't have made the heretical comment that the Scriptures were written in introspection. As for Church History, do not think that the Council of Nicaea was convened and presided by the true Church.

Are we still on knowledge or you have switched spiritual and physical?

pls my phone is horrible, I strain to type, it has tiny characters.

see you later

3 Likes

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by SidL(m): 9:09am On May 08, 2016
The answer is that adam and eve were not the first humans on this planet. Much of the old testament as it stands is a work in plagiarism, a very poor one at that. Most the old testament is terrible copy-paste of the Sumerian tablets, and thus the Gods of the bible were mostly the Anunnaki from Nibiru, an advanced human race, but ultimately, still human, violent and emotionally fickle.

I recommend the lost book of enki by zacharia sitchin...or not.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by MakeWeTalk: 9:57am On May 08, 2016
Sirnose:

Stop thinking like your president.
They are all children of Adam.
The bible did not lisr everything Adam did in his 930 years

Genesis 5:5
And all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died.

Neither did the bible list all his Children

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by SweetBoyFriend(m): 10:04am On May 08, 2016
I'm waiting for lies
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by Misogynist2014(m): 10:04am On May 08, 2016
Though I think Google can answer you appropriately, but isn't it in your own version of the Bible that Adam and Eve had other sons and daughters?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by Nobody: 10:06am On May 08, 2016
What of the budget..?

4 Likes

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by Nobody: 10:06am On May 08, 2016
Sirnose:

Adam and Eve had other sons and daughters too....and Cain may have married one of his sisters.

Add the fact that due to the very long lifespans Adam and Eve could have had lots of children....who could ahve had lots of children over time(Adam died at 930 years of age).

At any rate.....that is not the most important question in the Bible....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by SweetBoyFriend(m): 10:06am On May 08, 2016
Religion is the biggest scam to mankind.

Adam and Eve were the only living people in the world at that time, the had sex and had only two sons named Cain and Abel also had one daughter named Seth.

Cain and Abel later had many children.
Who did the son had sex with ??

Their sister i guess (Incest)

This is how Christians will tell me that there's some in heaven called Jesus Christ.
When was Jesus born ?? 300 billion years ago grin
But you will show me a picture and tell me this is Jesus, maybe you took a picture of him with your IPhone 6

25 Likes

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by Sunnycliff(m): 10:06am On May 08, 2016
Not all question deserves an answer! What if you get the answer what will be your gain? Abge read your Bible very well!

4 Likes

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by slytubadth(m): 10:07am On May 08, 2016
Good question.. i av been thinking d same as well.. pls, pastors in d house do justice to this. thanks!
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by onosprince(m): 10:08am On May 08, 2016
After the snake banged eve, adam caught them and they had a threeeeesome, eve gave birth to cane and abel and the snake gave birth to 3 beautiful daughters and cain married the first daughter of the snake. grin

11 Likes

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by Eluwilussit(m): 10:08am On May 08, 2016
Paulpaulpaul:

Who are those people?

You are mixing different things. Go back and read your bible slowly as advised. grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by Nobody: 10:09am On May 08, 2016
SweetBoyFriend:
Religion is the biggest scam to mankind.

Adam and Eve were the only living people in the world at that time, the had sex and had three sons and some daughters.

Who did the son had sex with ?? Goats ??

Most likely with their sisters....no incest taboo then.

And they had more sons and daughters too....possibly in very high numbers....because people lived longer then pre-flood.
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by Oyimzy(m): 10:12am On May 08, 2016
Reading cool
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by decode55(m): 10:12am On May 08, 2016
Watching...
Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by blackjack21(m): 10:12am On May 08, 2016
Splinz:

Now, God has given humans the mind power to reason and create, differentiating them from animals. So if anyone has an insatiable lust for worldly knowledge, the schools are there! Go, and the world will teach you its wisdom and understanding. If it appeals to you, then hold on to it.

For thinking that animals don't have power to reason and create even beyond humans' scope shows how limited the mind your so called God gave you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If God Created Only Adam And Eve,how Did Others Come About by Joel3(m): 10:12am On May 08, 2016
.this is old gist. one of the creation story. and I believe every native, tribe or religion has one.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say / ''anybody Putting On 'attachment' Is Putting On Snake In The Realm Of Darkness'' / Can Someone Be A Witch Without Being Aware?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.