Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:28 AM

Why Do Popular Pastors(men Of God) Live Like Celebrities - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Popular Pastors(men Of God) Live Like Celebrities (574 Views)

Poverty In Nigeria Vs Richest Pastors In Nigeria - By Alawode-James Jumoke / Men Of God Whose Prophecies Failed In The Year 2016 / 8 Great Lessons From 8 Great Men Of God. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Popular Pastors(men Of God) Live Like Celebrities by chiayo101(m): 1:08am On May 08, 2016
Are pastors celebrities
This question got me thinking when i was in church and the pastor was preaching and i was deeply into his sermon and i stopped for a second and thought about this "I've not seen/heard that any popular pastor(man of God) preaching the gospel on the street like Jesus Christ did", they just sit inside the car with conveys, we only see them in church once in a week. Pls lemme know ya thoughts on this. Matured response pls
Re: Why Do Popular Pastors(men Of God) Live Like Celebrities by tripplephi: 1:24am On May 08, 2016
They started preaching on the streets when u wouldn't even mind them or listen to them.... But they grew just like Jesus and soon had to do it in their houses or in a free space and from they they became big shots of today.... So tell me why you only focus on them now.

I speak only for the true men of God....
Even Peter who walked with Jesus had knife ready for attack.
Someone even came to see Jesus and never got the chance... And after Jesus preaching on the streets later we read of him in the house n the roof was torn open n a bedridden man was lowered down....

It's a shame u think of Jesus as a broke street preacher... Even his robe was the first royal thing the highest paid soldiers fought to cast lots on.

Please be careful how you talk against pastors cos many are fake but doesn't remove the fact that true ones exist.
Bless ya
Re: Why Do Popular Pastors(men Of God) Live Like Celebrities by Weah96: 2:03am On May 08, 2016
tripplephi:
They started preaching on the streets when u wouldn't even mind them or listen to them.... But they grew just like Jesus and soon had to do it in their houses or in a free space and from they they became big shots of today.... So tell me why you only focus on them now.

Someone even came to see Jesus and never got the chance... And after Jesus preaching on the streets later we read of him in the house n the roof was torn open n a bedridden man was lowered down....

It's a shame u think of Jesus as a broke street preacher... Even his robe was the first royal thing the highest paid soldiers fought to cast lots on.

Please be careful how you talk against pastors cos many are fake but doesn't remove the fact that true ones exist.
Bless ya

True pastor is an oxymoron, like honest politician.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Popular Pastors(men Of God) Live Like Celebrities by Newnas(m): 2:09am On May 08, 2016
tripplephi:

Bless ya

Now ponder on your post again. You will see that it only buttresses the OP

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Popular Pastors(men Of God) Live Like Celebrities by Nobody: 6:13am On May 08, 2016
tripplephi:

Bless ya
I'm sorry sir but the above is utter rubbish.
are they called to preach for a season and retire when the money rolls in?
shouldn't they be preaching in and out of season as the bible commands?
Jesus had no place of his own to rest his head. he probably lived off contributions. he had to borrow a donkey to fulfil the scripture of his triumphant entry to Jerusalem. he had to ask for help from a boy to perform the miracle of feeding the thousands.
how could he have been comfortable? The soldiers gambled on his cloth as fulfilment of scripture.
When Peter used the knife, what was Christ's response? do you even read the bible at all before posting this baggage of senselessness all in the name of nairaland post? you cannot even follow the example laid down by the author and finisher of your supposed faith let alone interprete his message.
you miserable lot distort the scriptures to suit yourself.
that is why Christianity and Christians cannot be taken seriously;because of senseless people like you.
Jesus was known to teach in the synagogue at an early age. he didn't stop going from place to place during his ministry. how does that tally with the nonsense you wrote above if you truly follow Christ.

and as far as talking about pastors, quit being a lapdog advocate.a good number of them are rogues masquerading as gentle people for their own bellies with compromised consciences. vouch only for yourselves because some of the doctrines coming out of their pulpits have put Christ to shame.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Popular Pastors(men Of God) Live Like Celebrities by tripplephi: 6:22am On May 08, 2016
Eastbay:

I'm sorry sir but the above is utter rubbish.
are they called to preach for a season and retire when the money rolls in?
shouldn't they be preaching in and out of season as the bible commands?
Jesus had no place of his own to rest his head. he probably lived off contributions. he had to borrow a donkey to fulfil the scripture of his triumphant entry to Jerusalem. he had to ask for help from a boy to perform the miracle of feeding the thousands.
how could he have been comfortable? The soldiers gambled on his cloth as fulfilment of scripture.
When Peter used the knife, what was Christ's response? do you even read the bible at all before posting this baggage of senselessness all in the name of nairaland post? you cannot even follow the example laid down by the author and finisher of your supposed faith let alone interprete his message.
you miserable lot distort the scriptures to suit yourself.
that is why Christianity and Christians cannot be taken seriously;because of senseless people like you.
Jesus was known to teach in the synagogue at an early age. he didn't stop going from place to place during his ministry. how does that tally with the nonsense you wrote above if you truly follow Christ.

and as far as talking about pastors, quit being a lapdog advocate.a good number of them are rogues masquerading as gentle people for their own bellies with compromised consciences. vouch only for yourselves because some of the doctrines coming out of their pulpits have put Christ to shame.

Assistant Accuser of brethren. Lols it's clear you read the Bible with mere knowledge and not by understanding.... Even in the foreign lands from where the gospel was brought pastors do not preach in the streets. Enjoy your vain vague philosophy... When you stand before Jesus just ensure you make heaven. That's all. My nonsense will make sense by then..
Re: Why Do Popular Pastors(men Of God) Live Like Celebrities by greatgod2012(f): 6:23am On May 08, 2016
Those pastors know themselves very well. They know they're celebrities, hence, living like celebrities. It's we the congregation members that refer to them as men of God.

Only God knows those that are truly His.
Re: Why Do Popular Pastors(men Of God) Live Like Celebrities by Busayorafael(m): 6:35am On May 08, 2016
Because they know their sheep and their sheep know them.
Re: Why Do Popular Pastors(men Of God) Live Like Celebrities by Newnas(m): 7:48am On May 08, 2016
And the pastors don't even preach anything than money but they do that under the guise of calling to 'success'. Even the dumbest person knows that success to the Christian is wealth, their speech and deeds show it.

Anyone who ponders on the preaching of these pastors will see that it's all about wealth and fame.

The great men of God in the scriptures are in no way similar to these dudes who call themselves pastors.

Now see, Oga Ade Erastus, Which charity project does he do, even the Pagan Bill Gates does more charity. in fact something must be wrong with my head for comparing a diligent businessman to a greedy, selfish and stingy 'man of God'.

Lalasticalala

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

See The Church Poster I Saw Today Asking People To Run For Their Lives. / Watch July 2016 Holy Ghost Service - Power To Prosper By RCCG / Why Do We Still Call Our Pastors Father, Daddy, Spiritual Father , Teacher Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.