Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,473 members, 7,801,196 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:14 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (283) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9134527 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) ... (9312) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Damoxy(m): 1:16am On Feb 12, 2017
dustmalik:

Some Xiaomi devices don't have fixed fingerprint sensor hardware. For instance, two RN3 SE devices might have two different FP hardware, like Goodix and FPC 102x. So, i just want to have an idea as to which FP hardware is common among those ones shipped from China. Also, in terms of custom roms, FPC 102x enjoys more support as it's the most popular FP hardware.

By the way, other Xiaomi device owners can also contribute, not necessarily RN3 SE owners.
Aiit, what's urs
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Damoxy(m): 1:24am On Feb 12, 2017
CuteCeo:

You can.. but you will go through a hell lot of appeals

sapienman u might not appeal, I have a friend who ordered for goods over $300+
Last week and he never had issues

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dustmalik: 1:38am On Feb 12, 2017
Damoxy:

Aiit, what's urs
I'm expecting an RN3 SE soon, one of the reasons I'm gathering some data.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 1:40am On Feb 12, 2017
dustmalik:
GrandMufti and other RN3 SE users, I'd like to know which fingerprint sensor hardware your devices are using. It's either goodix or fpc 102x.
To find out, dial *#*#64663#*#* on your phone, then tap on Software version. Now scroll down to see it.

You can also check with a file manager by going to /data/Fpcd then it's FPC, but if /data/goodix that means you have goodix.

Please post the info here

Kate only supports Fpc 102x. And only fpc 102x can take pictures. grin so that's mine
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 1:55am On Feb 12, 2017
vintino:
i guess its d recovery rom, can i flash d fastboot rom if i can lay my hands on it? will apreciate if u can hlp wt d link 2 [b]both china rom n d fastboot global rom, [/b]fenx 4 d wahalah

China rom has stable and developer rom. Each has both fastboot and recovery rom. Same with global rom, it has both stable and developer rom. And each has fastboot and recovery rom. Fastboot rom is used to wipe the phone using flash tools while recovery rom is used to upgrade / update miui.

It seems you did not read the flashing guide properly because they specifically mentioned that you needed to download a fastboot rom
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 2:06am On Feb 12, 2017
Gptech:

Not luck bro, I think it depends on how active you are on aliexpress and your rank. Have only been declined once and even when I appealed, it was declined because I uploaded a temporary national ID card. I just left the account like a month and since then, I have never been declined. Have used 3 different cards that are not mine same day more then once, I can even try with your own card now sef grin

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 2:08am On Feb 12, 2017
vanchi:
I'm a long time Ali Express user

No wonder
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dustmalik: 5:56am On Feb 12, 2017
GrandMufti:

Kate only supports Fpc 102x. And only fpc 102x can take pictures. grin so that's mine
smiley Cool. Hopefully, mine will also be Fpc 102x
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 6:01am On Feb 12, 2017
dustmalik:

smiley Cool. Hopefully, mine will also be Fpc 102x

But I couldn't find it as you specified, I read that only fpc 102x takes pictures
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sapienman(m): 6:22am On Feb 12, 2017
Damoxy:

sapienman u might not appeal, I have a friend who ordered for goods over $300+
Last week and he never had issues

Did the person use GT or Access bank cards?
Were they old accounts?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 6:37am On Feb 12, 2017
GrandMufti:

Hahahahahahahaha, see dis wicked man, u dey fear? cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 6:44am On Feb 12, 2017
sapienman:

Did the person use GT or Access bank cards?
Were they old accounts?
Did something similar during the week, of course it was a mix of both Gtb and Access cards.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ABMC(m): 7:01am On Feb 12, 2017
Gptech:

Post screen shots of ur apn settings as suggested

As you can see, the second screenshot is my SIM 2, if you look underneath mobile network, there isn't any option for APN settings.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ABMC(m): 7:08am On Feb 12, 2017
fibonacci2526:

Have you checked the APN settings of the second sim? No problem of that sort on my Redmi 4 prime.

No APN settings available for the SIM 2 slot. I guess it's from the software.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sapienman(m): 7:18am On Feb 12, 2017
Gptech:

Did something similar during the week, of course it was a mix of both Gtb and Access cards.

Alright
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 7:20am On Feb 12, 2017
ABMC:

As you can see, the second screenshot is my SIM 2, if you look underneath mobile network, there isn't any option for APN settings.

APN is the same as access point names

You're on vendor ROM, try update to the lastest version 8.1.2.0 Global
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 7:25am On Feb 12, 2017
ABMC:

To change sim for data go to settings - sim cards and network, and scroll to the last option, that's it.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dustmalik: 7:47am On Feb 12, 2017
GrandMufti:

But I couldn't find it as you specified, I read that only fpc 102x takes pictures
So I read too. It seems finding it can be a bit tricky.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by daseento(m): 7:51am On Feb 12, 2017
rookidmart:

Add like $10 more (3k or so) and get Kate.
That's the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro Prime Special Soe Edition.
It supports all LTE bands in Nigeria currently.

Thanks for the response bro. No probs advice taken. Please can you help with trusted seller to order from ?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ABMC(m): 7:53am On Feb 12, 2017
Dam5reey:

APN is the same as access point names

You're on vendor ROM, try update to the lastest version 8.1.2.0 Global

Please I would greatly appreciate it if you can guide me. I'm always at a lost when you guys are mentioning Chinese ROM, vendor's ROM, global ROM.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by toluwanimi07(m): 7:54am On Feb 12, 2017
daseento:

Thanks for the response bro. No probs advice taken. Please can you help with trusted seller to order from ?
Xiaomi online store
Dreami store
Eternal team
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by toluwanimi07(m): 7:56am On Feb 12, 2017
ABMC:

Please I would greatly appreciate it if you can guide me. I'm always at a lost when you guys are mentioning Chinese ROM, vendor's ROM, global ROM.
Chinese rom is the rom that is released for china peeps or for adevice xiaomi made for china
The ones with global is the ones for international
The vendor rom is the rom the seller installs and ships with
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by rookidmart: 8:14am On Feb 12, 2017
daseento:

Dreami is out of stock so order from either Xiaomi Online Store, or Eternal Team.
Eternal Team's items tend to be slightly more expensive though.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Rotadbd: 9:01am On Feb 12, 2017
rookidmart:

Type your full address in the space provided, and Google for the postal code of your LGA. It will be shipped to the nearest post office.
(Alternatively you can input the post office address as your shipping address but you'll always have to go to their office to collect.)
Don't forget to input your phone number in the correct format so you can be notified when your package arrives.
Happy shopping.
tx bro. God bless you
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Rotadbd: 9:07am On Feb 12, 2017
sapienman:

I used the aliexpress android app for the description below:

On the home page, swipe from the left. Click on 'My account.' Scroll down and click on 'Shipping address' and then click on 'Add new address.'

Check the attached pictures for clarification.
Tx bro. God bless you
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 9:41am On Feb 12, 2017
dustmalik:

So I read too. It seems finding it can be a bit tricky.

Maybe it's available on developer rom
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 9:48am On Feb 12, 2017
ABMC:

No APN settings available for the SIM 2 slot. I guess it's from the software.

From your screenshot, you set sim 1 as the default Internet sim, hence apn settings for sim 2 is automatically disabled. Do as Gptech has said and set sim2 as default Internet sim if you want to access it's apn settings.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 9:49am On Feb 12, 2017
Gptech:

Hahahahahahahaha, see dis wicked man, u dey fear? cheesy

cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ABMC(m): 10:17am On Feb 12, 2017
toluwanimi07:

Chinese rom is the rom that is released for china peeps or for adevice xiaomi made for china
The ones with global is the ones for international
The vendor rom is the rom the seller installs and ships with

Nice to know. Thanks a million
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 10:29am On Feb 12, 2017
ABMC:

this cud b a bug in d present software version u av, that is why resellers or vendors rom are not recommended for consumer usage....am not sure mayb its d rom bt its d likely culprit...flash an original gbolal stable or chinal stable miui rom

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ABMC(m): 11:21am On Feb 12, 2017
GrandMufti:

From your screenshot, you set sim 1 as the default Internet sim, hence apn settings for sim 2 is automatically disabled. Do as Gptech has said and set sim2 as default Internet sim if you want to access it's apn settings.

Got it. Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ABMC(m): 11:41am On Feb 12, 2017
gidieberry:
this cud b a bug in d present software version u av, that is why resellers or vendors rom are not recommended for consumer usage....am not sure mayb its d rom bt its d likely culprit...flash an original gbolal stable or chinal stable miui rom

Which of these should I download. Recovery or Fast boot download. Pardon me please, I'm still a novice and being careful not to brick my phone.

(1) (2) (3) ... (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) ... (9312) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: chadbasin, adecharly(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.