Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,380 members, 7,808,353 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:45 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (2912) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9160073 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2909) (2910) (2911) (2912) (2913) (2914) (2915) ... (9314) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Rocky97(m): 5:34pm On May 30, 2018
Elslim:
Baby!
shocked shocked shocked shocked cool cool cool cool, i cant wait to get dis device.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by daamazing(m): 5:44pm On May 30, 2018
GrandMufti:

This is as a result of using a substandard power bank, fake charger or from a faulty power source.
I use all xiaomi, aside powerbank and mine damaged undecided
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 6:02pm On May 30, 2018
daamazing:
I use all xiaomi, aside powerbank and mine damaged undecided

Read what you quoted, there's more than one reason wink
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 6:08pm On May 30, 2018
ebony111:
My Friend update is Redmi 4x to 9.5.4.0 and the phone started overheating if Data is on. Please Guys, any solution to that?

Download the rom manually and flash again or factory reset.

Check @jboixxx profile for steps on how to backup
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 6:09pm On May 30, 2018
Ckbilic:
PLS HOW CAN I RESTRICT BACKGROUND DATA OF MY REDMI NOTE 5A PRIME

Security app/ data usage
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 6:09pm On May 30, 2018
frankyvalll:
even if u lock the app after sometime it will reboot the page. miui issues

I thought the issue was about closing the apps altogether?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 6:11pm On May 30, 2018
tyoba:

My point actually. Fell with the edge why getting out of the car trying to pick a call on my other phone. Regular concrete floor. I believe the glass is brittle. Phone not so durable. It's a spare phone I got to test out xiaomi.
Oga... All phones will break if they fall with the wrong angle. And yes the glass is brittle... And its not for Xiaomi alone, it's all phones now. Fall awkwardly and it will crack, even if like be king kong glass 9... grin. Especially with this 2.5d glass.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by NicestDude: 6:26pm On May 30, 2018
Ifedith:

Oga... All phones will break if they fall with the wrong angle. And yes the glass is brittle... And its not for Xiaomi alone, it's all phones now. Fall awkwardly and it will crack, even if like be king kong glass 9... grin. Especially with this 2.5d glass.

There's this Moto phone with shatter proof glass. Youtuber Techrax tested it, dropped it on all possible angles and it didn't break.. he went ahead, used a hammer and it still didn't shatter , when he hit it as hard as he can, there was just dents like when you hit a stainless plate with stone.... Also check the Nokia 6 both Nokia 6 2017 and Nokia 6 2018.. those phones are strong lol

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lekerhymes(m): 6:32pm On May 30, 2018
* Etisalat data is back*

*Do you have an Etisalat Sim?*

*Is the standard Etisalat data fee subscription too expensive for you?*

*Worry not, because the solution for data is here*

*Why buy standard Etisalat data of 2.5Gb for N2000, when you can get the same Etisalat data for #1400

*think smart, think wise*

*Join the moving train now for all your Etisalat data services*

*New Etisalat 9mobile package & Price list*

*2.5Gb 1400*
*5gb 2300*
*7.5gb 3200*
*10gb 4200*
*11gb 4600*

*Contact me on 07034643236*
*Legit and guaranteed.*
*Validity is one month.*

*@LekeData ur trusted number one data retailer*
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 6:39pm On May 30, 2018
NicestDude:

There's this Moto phone with shatter proof glass. Youtuber Techrax tested it, dropped it on all possible angles and it didn't break.. he went ahead, used a hammer and it still didn't shatter , when he hit it as hard as he can, there was just dents like when you hit a stainless plate with stone.... Also check the Nokia 6 both Nokia 6 2017 and Nokia 6 2018.. those phones are strong lol
Moto z2 force uses shatterproof display... Most oem uses corning gorilla. And pls to say the least, they are brittle.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by klexycole(m): 7:22pm On May 30, 2018
macbeyland:
I don't think you can make this conclusions without considering the fact that the condition of the fall on the above mentioned devices might actually be different.

My max 2 has fallen down on the tiles from my bed severally. On one night, it fell 3 times, one of them it fell flat, face down. You also need to consider the fact that screen protector that doesn't fit might be a contributing factor to the breakage...

Just try to fix your screen and get a fitting screen protector and pouch..

To buttress this aforementioned point, I can also testify that you are right. My reasons aren't far-fetched.

Before I got a case/pouch for my Redmi 5A Prime, the phone fell more than 5 times. I mean some pretty hard falls. Twice on a tiled floor, twice on a concrete floor, and the last on a bare ground. Though I had a non-fit glass on the screen, the phone survived all the falls without a dent on the screen.

I can't deny the fact that these cases are different which is dependent on the degree of the fall. Nonetheless, one should purchase the right accessories when buying a new phone. smiley

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 7:28pm On May 30, 2018
NicestDude:

Check YouTube for note 5a drop test. Dem even use car climb on top, e still no Crack. angry

As already stressed here, no phone is immune to spider web, no matter the protection
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by zion32(m): 7:32pm On May 30, 2018
GrandMufti:

Cool down. Money will be refunded after 60 days (if you paid via alipocket) or more (if you paid via bank).

Don't be unnecessary realistic
I just calm down now after I checked and discovered my phone just landed Lagos today.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 7:35pm On May 30, 2018
GrandMufti:

Check YouTube for note 5a drop test. Dem even use car climb on top, e still no Crack. angry

As already stressed here, no phone is immune to spider web, no matter the protection
Lol... grin grin grin... Nice observation. But the shatterproof screen is really durable, but surprisingly it seems only moto uses it. However, once it's gorrrila or monkey glass, it'll break. It's pros is that it's highly scratch resistant... Just pray it falls the right way. Otherwise... Sorry.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 7:36pm On May 30, 2018
zion32:

I just calm down now after I checked and discovered my phone just landed Lagos today.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 7:44pm On May 30, 2018
GrandMufti:

no phone is immune to spider web, no matter the protection
baba, tell dem o cool

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by klexycole(m): 7:50pm On May 30, 2018
GrandMufti:

Try allowing them in Auto-start or locking the app in memory.

or

Go to security app/ boost speed / tap on the top right icon and check if cache is cleared when device is locked.

Delete any memory optimizing app (if you have any) or any antivirus app that has any memory booster app

This worked for me. Thanks for the help baba. cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 7:58pm On May 30, 2018
GrandMufti:

Download the rom manually and flash again or factory reset.

Check @jboixxx profile for steps on how to backup
okay, thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by NicestDude: 9:01pm On May 30, 2018
Ifedith:

Lol... grin grin grin... Nice observation. But the shatterproof screen is really durable, but surprisingly it seems only moto uses it. However, once it's gorrrila or monkey glass, it'll break. It's pros is that it's highly scratch resistant... Just pray it falls the right way. Otherwise... Sorry.

I don't think your phone can fall the right way.. even WWE superstars still make mistakes and fall the wrong way sometimes lol.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 10:24pm On May 30, 2018
LANDING FRESH!!!

Available for immediate pick up(LAGOS) OR WAYBILL (Outside Lagos)

Black Xiaomi redmi note 5 3+32gb: 75k
Black Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 4+64gb: 80k
Black Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 6+64gb: 95k

Freebies: 2 tempered glasses (we will not leave you to the hands of spider web cool) and one silicone case

Qty: 1pcs each (4+64gb SOLD, 6+64gb and 3+32gbLEFT)

Interested? Call or whatsapp 07063579846

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 10:38pm On May 30, 2018
Black or white? grin cool wink cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by paulmarkino: 10:40pm On May 30, 2018
anitank:

Hi. Did you get a reply for this? If you did please share. I’d like to get a tablet on AliExpress too. Thanks

No single reply my dear but you can buy anyone within your budget. Always consider the number of people who has ordered that product
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tbadejo25: 10:44pm On May 30, 2018
noobody:

Black all day cool

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by anitank(f): 10:50pm On May 30, 2018
paulmarkino:

No single reply my dear but you can buy anyone within your budget. Always consider the number of people who has ordered that product

Ok thanks. Did you eventually get one? If yes which store did you use and is the tab still working?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by spartacus11(m): 10:55pm On May 30, 2018
noobody:

U won't catch me, dis temptation will not work, but always remember BLACK is BEATIFUL

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nani667: 10:55pm On May 30, 2018
Tolu91:
Xiaomi original 2A chargers Available!!!!! Contact @signature
Type C Cables...?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by scotweezy(m): 11:08pm On May 30, 2018
anitank:

Ok thanks. Did you eventually get one? If yes which store did you use and is the tab still working?
Check out lenovo p8, tab 3, tab 4 etc on Aliexpress.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tolu91(m): 11:12pm On May 30, 2018
nani667:

Type C Cables...?
No, micro USB
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tolu91(m): 11:13pm On May 30, 2018
Tolu91:
Xiaomi original 2A chargers Available!!!!!
Contact @signature
smiley
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Extraordinaire(f): 11:13pm On May 30, 2018
repairpalng:

yes available (2K). Kindly specify type of 5a (with fingerprint or no fingerprint). 08137013426

No fingerprint. 5" Redmi 5A. Do you have the TP glass too? I'd be in computer village tomorrow.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Extraordinaire(f): 11:14pm On May 30, 2018
Ckbilic:
Available for sale at a give away price redmi 5A brand new case

How can I get this please?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tuhndhay(m): 11:26pm On May 30, 2018
repairpalng:

yes available (2K). Kindly specify type of 5a (with fingerprint or no fingerprint). 08137013426

What's the price for the 5a with fingerprint.
What Redmi can I get between the price of 30,000 - 35,000

(1) (2) (3) ... (2909) (2910) (2911) (2912) (2913) (2914) (2915) ... (9314) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: danelson007(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.