Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,604 members, 7,770,593 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 11:54 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9020838 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (9302) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ibawon(m): 12:45pm On May 25, 2016
mummyson26:

Bros u gree 40k stay around lag
Sorry Bro, Upgrading to Mi5,
You can Do better
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by franzis(m): 1:34pm On May 25, 2016
lynxnoon:

IT DEPENDS ON WHAT U WERE DOING BEFORE IT GOT STUCK IN BOOT LOOP.
I WILL ADVICE YOU GO TO MIUI FORUM . . . U WILL GET ALL THE HELP U NEED THERE.
...U CAN ALSO CHECK XDA FORUM FOR XIAOMI PHONES.

CHEERS
solved but the phone cant detect my sim cards
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mummyson26(m): 5:26pm On May 25, 2016
ibawon:

Sorry Bro, Upgrading to Mi5,
You can Do better
So what's ur final price?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sakie: 5:23pm On May 28, 2016
lynxnoon:
Welcome to the Xiaomi World smiley
Bros pls can i get this phone in lagos? And how much did u get urs?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 40manlappy: 6:16pm On May 28, 2016
xplicite:
K
1.How much is the xoami redmil note3pro
2And reviews in gsmarena,shows it heat up while charging,how true is that.
3.Thirdly is it upgradable to android 6.0
elijahdre3, initialize, Kulimart

What do you have to say about the above questions?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by echepops(m): 9:02am On May 29, 2016
Hello, pls where can I view the status of my RAM space on Redmi Note 3 Pro? The phone comes with 3GB RAM but only can't seem to find the space left unlike the 32GB internal memory. I can clearly view that. ..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jhonnyboy(m): 11:09am On May 29, 2016
lynxnoon:

Yes it's a Mi5
....got it for N148k ...phone + accessories (tempered glass screen, otg cable, original Xiaomi earphones, case cover by NuCase - special order)
I got the 64GB model.
Cheers
Where did you get it?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by KuliMart: 7:00am On May 30, 2016
40manlappy:

What do you have to say about the above questions?

We don't have it in stock at the moment, we have the MTK version in stock.

There's no review of the redmi note 3 pro (Qualcomm) on the site, as a matter of fact, it doesn't heat while been charged.

All Xiaomi phones receives OTA. It can be upgrade to Android M via cancro or MIUI.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gagzee(m): 7:04pm On May 31, 2016
Pls which of d xiaomi phones can 45k get
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gagzee(m): 7:07pm On May 31, 2016
ibawon:
Xiaomi Redmi 3 Pro going off. It clocks three weeks old today got it from the undisputed Elijahdre. Selling it to get the Mi5.
Selling for 50k
Contact me 08120722156
Bro abeg help me with 45k
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gagzee(m): 7:07pm On May 31, 2016
ibawon:
Xiaomi Redmi 3 Pro going off. It clocks three weeks old today got it from the undisputed Elijahdre. Selling it to get the Mi5.
Selling for 50k
Contact me 08120722156
Bro abeg help me with 45k, cash is readily available.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lynxnoon(m): 4:19pm On Jun 04, 2016
got an OTA update yesterday from 7.2.4.0 to 7.3.5.0
Will soon get 8.0.0.0

Cheers

1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 5:31pm On Jun 04, 2016
lynxnoon:
Will soon get 8.0.0.0

Cheers

Nice.

I see you're on a stable rom, if you ain't on a dev rom then your miui 8 might take a lil while to arrive

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lynxnoon(m): 3:22pm On Jun 05, 2016
2kurupt:

Nice.

I see you're on a stable rom, if you ain't on a dev rom then your miui 8 might take a lil while to arrive
Yeah ...but does the OTA work on dev ROMs ? ...I really don't want to waste my time unlocking bootloader and then having to install custom recovery and then download ROM b4 installing ..and all that cycle
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ibawon(m): 4:55pm On Jun 05, 2016
lynxnoon:
Will soon get 8.0.0.0

Cheers
MI5 OYAA Biggest Boss
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jun 05, 2016
ibawon:
Sorry Bro, Upgrading to Mi5, You can Do better
You still have this?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ibawon(m): 11:00pm On Jun 05, 2016
[quote author=ibawon post=45800248]Xiaomi Redmi 3 Pro going off. It clocks three weeks old today got it from the undisputed Elijahdre. Selling it to get the Mi5.
Selling for 50k
SOLD already. Great seeing this thread growing by every day, saving for the MI5
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 11:29pm On Jun 05, 2016
lynxnoon:

Yeah ...but does the OTA work on dev ROMs ? ...I really don't want to waste my time unlocking bootloader and then having to install custom recovery and then download ROM b4 installing ..and all that cycle

Yup, OTAs work. No boatloader etc etc unlock hassles.

All you need to do in order to switch is to download the dev rom from the miui site, dump file at the root location of your memory then use the updater app (You'll have to select "choose update package" option where you select the downloaded dev rom) Daz all. At least that's how I did mine, you may check the forums.

The only downside is you will lose some of your settings & app data, but you can always perform a mi backup b4 the exercise. Personally I'll advise you backup to your system too, just in case.

In all I've never regretted doing the switch wink

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 1:10pm On Jun 17, 2016
MIUI 8 baby cool

So smooth & slick

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by franzis(m): 2:27pm On Jun 19, 2016
no google playstore on miui 8
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kontalon: 9:14pm On Jun 19, 2016
Pls how did u get the update? I use Redmi Note 3 pro and I haven't received the MI UI 8.0 update.

2kurupt:
MIUI 8 baby cool

So smooth & slick
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 11:04pm On Jun 19, 2016
kontalon:
Pls how did u get the update? I use Redmi Note 3 pro and I haven't received the MI UI 8.0 update.

Depends on your current rom. I use Redmi note 3 & on Chinese dev rom. Developer roms get updates first before stable roms
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dubxy(m): 2:41am On Jun 20, 2016
Pls how much is XIAOMI redmi note 2 in Lagos
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by KuliMart: 6:32am On Jun 20, 2016
dubxy:
Pls how much is XIAOMI redmi note 2 in Lagos

Xiaomi redmi note 2 prime is 56k

FREE SHIPPING

Gifts: Tempered glass and case.

You can get it from our website.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nelsman(m): 9:13am On Jun 20, 2016
ibawon:
This is the first time I'd be using a Xiaomi device(Redmi 3 Pro). It's cool and kind of odd when people ask you the kind of phone you Use and you say Xiaomi (most people do not know jack about it).
I just want we using this device regardless the model to meet here and share tips on how to get the best out of it eg. Rooting, unlocking, flashing, Upgrading, etc.
Please lets make this work and Shout out to @elijahdre for getting me this wonderful device.

Thanks Bro for this thread. I use Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro too. Buh I discovered that after the first OTA upgrade I did, I stopped receiving missed calls notification. This has been the only challenge I have with the phone. Will be happy if you can help me out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nelsman(m): 9:25am On Jun 20, 2016
KuliMart:

That's not an issue, you pressed and hold the home touch button.

It pop up when you hold the home touch button.

HOW TO DISABLE IT

Go to settings > Additional settings > Buttons > Home > Change it to None

That's all

There are many benefits of buying from us smiley

Good morning KuliMart. I bought my Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro from your store. Sent to me from Calabar to Kano through CourierPlus. Have been having the issue of not receiving missed calls notification. People call me when am not close to my phone, but on picking it up, don't see any missed calls, xcept when I go to call log. What do I do please?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by PiccoloBrunelli(m): 3:25pm On Jun 20, 2016
Tweetums:
I'm using redmi note 3
Dear....please I intend buying that phone. The specs online are really ok. But I want a user review from you. How much did you buy? Where did you buy it? Are you enjoying the battery life? What about the front and rear camera? Does it lag? Does it heat up? I'll be grateful if you answer all those questions. But if not...just answer the ones you can. Thanks.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by PiccoloBrunelli(m): 3:28pm On Jun 20, 2016
KuliMart:

Which model?
How much is Redmi Note 3? I stay in Port Harcourt.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tweetums(f): 7:03pm On Jun 20, 2016
PiccoloBrunelli:
Dear....please I intend buying that phone. The specs online are really ok. But I want a user review from you. How much did you buy? Where did you buy it? Are you enjoying the battery life? What about the front and rear camera? Does it lag? Does it heat up? I'll be grateful if you answer all those questions. But if not...just answer the ones you can. Thanks.
I bought it 157$ from aliexpress, the battery is strong 100% 4100mgw, all the camera good, no lag mine rooted from the company, not heat... But u can't use external memory.... It came with all accessories except headphone...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Baroba(m): 9:52pm On Jun 20, 2016
PiccoloBrunelli:
How much is Redmi Note 3? I stay in Port Harcourt.

If you are going to get this phone,get the pro version..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 10:09pm On Jun 20, 2016
Baroba:

If you are going to get this phone,get the pro version..

I can authoritatively tell you that aside the price, there's no much of a difference between the pro which uses snapdragon & the MTK version. I know you'll talk about benchmarks but remember real life usage is the koko wink

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 10:21pm On Jun 20, 2016
Nelsman:

Thanks Bro for this thread. I use Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro too. Buh I discovered that after the first OTA upgrade I did, I stopped receiving missed calls notification. This has been the only challenge I have with the phone. Will be happy if you can help me out.

I don't think your OTA update gat any issues. Someone or you might have unintentionally disabled notification for your contacts & dialer app.

A possible fix: go to settings> notifications & status bar> app notifications then click on "contacts & dialer". The toggles there should be able to get the call notifications appear again

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (9302) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.