Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,904 members, 7,802,933 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:03 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (4270) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9140454 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4267) (4268) (4269) (4270) (4271) (4272) (4273) ... (9312) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 6:25pm On Jan 12, 2019
Gmajor:

Where do I start?
The recent apps menu is ugly
The data on button is buggy
You can't switch between sims to use data from the drop down menu (this option was not available in MIUI 9, but you would think that it would have been fixed with a new update.)
MIUI 10 still has a major security flaw like it's predecessors where you can on data, WiFi, hotspot and Co without even having to unlock the phone
The file manager now comes with a very dumb video player that persists after you set your desired video player as a default

More points loading

Recent app is subject to opinion... Me i see no evil
Data app is not buggy, there's nothing wrong with it.
MIUI 10 because of drop down menu accessibility from lock screen while is a security flaw, i think this has addressed 10.2 update.?
As for video player, go to settings and open installed apps. Click top right, ull see default apps, change to ur desired video player, viola
At the end, because u don't like certain things about miui doesn't make it buggy. For i hate stock Android, but doesn't mean that it's buggy.
MIUI 10 is bae

9 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lovelani(m): 6:30pm On Jan 12, 2019
Ifedith:

MIUI 10 because of drop down menu accessibility from lock screen while is a security flaw, i think this has addressed 10.2 update.?
As for video player, go to settings and open installed apps. Click top right, ull see default apps, change to ur desired video player, viola
At the end, because u don't like certain things about miui doesn't make it buggy. For i hate stock Android, but doesn't mean that it's buggy.
MIUI 10 is bae

Seconded , MIUI 10 is bae!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gmajor(m): 6:31pm On Jan 12, 2019
henry007:

About recent apps, that one is subjective coz i like the look of it. Coming from iOS UI which i also loved btw. Which UI looks the best to you?

About video players. I not seen any default app that beats MX Player yet. It's a must have app for me.

Also what Xiaomi Phone do you use?

Don't let fan boys and girls get to you.

There are quite a few sickos on here that are ready to drag you coz of your opinions about your own phone that you bought with your own money.

Let me address the issues you raised
1 . The recent app menu of MIUI 9 and below look like that of ios. MIUI 10 looks entirely different.

2. Before the update, when I set a video player as the default app for playing videos, it remains like that permanently. But with the new update, I have to change the default app everytime I want to watch a video
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ujunkem(f): 6:39pm On Jan 12, 2019
[quote author=GrandMufti post=74699062]

Are you sure about this? Some persons reported the opposite[/quote

100% sure. I even had to go back to default theme thinking my recent theme is the cause but still couldn't access it, so the recent update did that. Note 6 pro MIUI 10.2.1.0
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 6:44pm On Jan 12, 2019
Gmajor:

Let me address the issues you raised
1 . The recent app menu of MIUI 9 and below look like that of ios. MIUI 10 looks entirely different.

2. Before the update, when I set a video player as the default app for playing videos, it remains like that permanently. But with the new update, I have to change the default app everytime I want to watch a video

The different is good different in my opinion. MIUI 9 was not even as good looking to me. The UI doesn't have to look exactly like the iOS coz MIUI 9 recent apps ended up looking like a wacky version of IOS UI.

That default player selection that refused to remember settings may be a bug. Btw How come you watch your videos from file manager?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 6:47pm On Jan 12, 2019
Ujunkem:

100% sure. I even had to go back to default theme thinking my recent theme is the cause but still couldn't access it, so the recent update did that. Note 6 pro MIUI 10.2.1.0

Ok
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 6:47pm On Jan 12, 2019
henry007:

The different is good different in my opinion. MIUI 9 was not even as good looking to me. The UI doesn't have to look exactly like the iOS coz MIUI 9 recent apps ended up looking like a wacky version of IOS UI.

That default player selection that refused to remember settings may be a bug. Btw How come you watch your videos from file manager?
Because u can't satisfy all...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 6:49pm On Jan 12, 2019
Olubidex:

I don't know why you concluded it's a bug. Have you considered whether that is the way they saw it fit. I use Mi A2 lite it is Android one, you can on the data from drop down menu while the phone is locked but you can not off it, you can also on the hotspot from locked screen.

Should I call it a bug because someone who had connected with my phone before can actually use my data in my absence even if my screen is locked. I think mobile data connectivity and usage is the least security headache for the manufacturer.

It's an obvious security flaw. If you choose to name it a bug or not a bug. That's on you. It doesn't fit the definition of a bug to me.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tidedroid: 6:54pm On Jan 12, 2019
bigtt76:
Exactly! This was my thoughts back then when someone was saying soon RN5 would be old for anyone to buy and should instead go for the latest undecided

New model or old model o..... they all do the same thing - browse the internet or make calls

not if u play games though,latest is always better especially if u are buying mid range phones
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 6:59pm On Jan 12, 2019
tidedroid:
not if u play games though,latest is always better especially if u are buying mid range phones

But her phone can handle most games .

Even redmi note 3 pro can do that flawlessly
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tidedroid: 7:00pm On Jan 12, 2019
henry007:

To me, it may be the best UI but it's plagued with some of the worst bugs I've ever experienced.

And that lockscreen security issue is major. I failed to mention it in my review. I think most Nigerians are not big on security tho and I'm one of those Nigerians lol

isnt being able to use the notification drawer and settings on lockscreen standard on all android phones? Plus you can turn it off in settings-notification&status bar-notification shade-Show on lockscreen

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 7:01pm On Jan 12, 2019
MIUI 10 is the best version of MIUI for me,it's clean,lighter and very pleasing to the eyes.

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elslim: 7:03pm On Jan 12, 2019
God bless ALHAJI LEI JUN.....

The rest can go to the other side of Jupiter
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ProFuhrer: 7:09pm On Jan 12, 2019
[quote author=Ujunkem post=74700141][/quote]Is this enabled on your device?

You can disable or enable it, It's not a bug.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ProFuhrer: 7:14pm On Jan 12, 2019
tidedroid:
isnt being able to use the notification drawer and settings on lockscreen standard on all android phones? Plus you can turn it off in settings-notification&status bar-notification shade-Show on lockscreen
What MIUI version are you on?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by CuteMaro(m): 7:17pm On Jan 12, 2019
Ifedith:

MIUI 10 is bae
I thought I was the only one that hates Stock Android.

I don't know about others but to me MIUI is bae especially MIUI 10. I wouldn't even give it up for anything.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abumeinben(m): 7:21pm On Jan 12, 2019
Mehn Xiaomi don dey open eye o...

Shoooooouuuuu,? shocked

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 7:34pm On Jan 12, 2019
tidedroid:

What MIUI version is that?

Here's what It looks like on 10.1

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by maclawrence02(m): 7:40pm On Jan 12, 2019
Don't let fan boys and girls get to you.

There are quite a few sickos on here that are ready to drag you coz of your opinions about your own phone that you bought with your own money.
[/quote]
This is a public forum so every opinion will be subjected to scrutiny and criticism if anyone feels otherwise, so if you feel that 'your opinion about your own phone that you bought with your own money' shouldn't undergo such abeg i use God name beg you KEEP IT TO YOURSELF! I'm sure in doing so no one will have any reason to quote you.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 7:42pm On Jan 12, 2019
Interesting topic:
Flaws vs Bugs
MIUI 9 vs MIUI 10.. shocked

Anyways we are waiting for MIUI 11 grin

Maybe Google Pixel will be the best choice now...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 7:44pm On Jan 12, 2019
Dam5reey:
Interesting topic:
Flaws vs Bugs
MIUI 9 vs MIUI 10.. shocked

Anyways we are waiting for MIUI 11 grin

Maybe Google Pixel will be the best choice now...

You keep mentioning Google pixel. Some may think it is without bugs.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bobo65(m): 7:46pm On Jan 12, 2019
fibonacci2526:
MIUI 10 is the best version of MIUI for me,it's clean,lighter and very pleasing to the eyes.

Drop ss
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 7:47pm On Jan 12, 2019
CuteMaro:

I thought I was the only one that hates Stock Android.

I don't know about others but to me MIUI is bae especially MIUI 10. I wouldn't even give it up for anything.

Stock android is the real Android...

All those skin only add features.. to most useful to some others useless...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 7:50pm On Jan 12, 2019
henry007:

You keep mentioning Google pixel. Some may think it is without bugs.

So I should mention iPhone

As long as your devices run on codes you will always experience bugs... Go and pick up your iPhone X. grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by CuteMaro(m): 7:56pm On Jan 12, 2019
Dam5reey:

Stock android is the real Android...

All those skin only add features.. to most useful to some others useless...
Stock Android feels too 'naked' for me abeg.

Once tested miui, no going back.
except maybe Samsung's One U.I.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 8:07pm On Jan 12, 2019
CuteMaro:

Stock Android feels too 'naked' for me abeg.

Once tested miui, no going back.
except maybe Samsung's One U.I.

Currently Use Pure Android, I tell you I dont miss anything regarding Skin.

Abeg Give me Good Processors, Battery, Amoled lcd, plenty ram, UFS storage, nack am Android pie, I'm Game.

At the end of the Day, Na Apps we go still use.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tidedroid: 8:11pm On Jan 12, 2019
henry007:

What MIUI version is that?

Here's what It looks like on 10.1
10.2(redmi note5)
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tidedroid: 8:11pm On Jan 12, 2019
ProFuhrer:
What MIUI version are you on?
10.2(redmi note5)
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by CuteMaro(m): 8:17pm On Jan 12, 2019
Dam5reey:

Currently Use Pure Android, I tell you I dont miss anything regarding Skin.

Abeg Give me Good Processors, Battery, Amoled lcd, plenty ram, UFS storage, nack am Android pie, I'm Game.

At the end of the Day, Na Apps we go still use.

Abi o.

Alot of peeps like the stock sha,
Will give it a try someday, but only when my device gets a stable pie rom.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by klexycole(m): 8:48pm On Jan 12, 2019
My opinion:

Some people haven't fully utilized their phone settings, and instead of asking how a feature can be enabled, they are quick to join the bandwagon of "team bug."

My advice:

If you aren't getting a feature other people are enjoying, kindly ask people here how you such feature can be activated before shouting bug.

**Inserts black face** grin

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 8:55pm On Jan 12, 2019
Dam5reey:

So I should mention iPhone

As long as your devices run on codes you will always experience bugs... Go and pick up your iPhone X. grin

Lol we already wen through what constitutes a buggy Phone. YouTubers say the new Google Pixel phones are buggy.

iPhone X is in fact the least buggy phone i've ever used but that battery is too average and i was bored.

I may still go back to iPhone when they release a new design come September
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 8:57pm On Jan 12, 2019
tidedroid:
10.2(redmi note5)

Is that 10.2 on Android Pie?

(1) (2) (3) ... (4267) (4268) (4269) (4270) (4271) (4272) (4273) ... (9312) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.