Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,131 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:35 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (5213) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9162069 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5210) (5211) (5212) (5213) (5214) (5215) (5216) ... (9314) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 2:47pm On Jun 12, 2019
zainkay:
Do I need to backup my files before unlocking the Bootloader at the first attempt or after the given time elapses?? RN5
.To avoid touching story, please, backup before unlocking, though, you shouldn't have any data loss due it.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Messymelly1: 2:48pm On Jun 12, 2019
jboixxx:

Oops! That's a serious case o. Try using diskpart utility. Try the process attached (if you haven't), if it doesn't work, I'm afraid it's GONE, but if it does, there's hope for data recovery (might not recover all though).

Best of luck, sir
Is this terminatel ?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Messymelly1: 2:50pm On Jun 12, 2019
kenomobola:

Yes courier companies like DHL and UPS. Be prepared to pay through your nose though, and you are more likely to be extorted by Customs when you use them.
Biopsy wahala too much
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Messymelly1: 2:51pm On Jun 12, 2019
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]I got this reply from Ali seller I bought my phone that I can't update my phone

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fantilopezzy: 2:54pm On Jun 12, 2019
Messymelly1:
Yes and the phone go cost die Ps3 grin cheesy on android os
heard it's going to be from 2022
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 2:55pm On Jun 12, 2019
Messymelly1:

Is this terminatel ?
No sir
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Messymelly1: 2:56pm On Jun 12, 2019
fantilopezzy:
heard it's going to be from 2022
Sooner than that
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fantilopezzy: 3:00pm On Jun 12, 2019
xiaomi is useless 290$ for mi9T 64gb Vesion in china why will the increase the price to 350$ for Europe am not happy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 3:04pm On Jun 12, 2019
Messymelly1:
I got this reply from Ali seller I bought my phone that I can't update my phone
Wat reply
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 3:06pm On Jun 12, 2019
jboixxx:

.To avoid touching story, please, backup before unlocking, though, you shouldn't have any data loss due it.

He will have data loss if he unlocks his bootloader.

Best thing is for him to backup then unlock
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Messymelly1: 3:07pm On Jun 12, 2019
Ifedith:

Wat reply
Nl not uploading pic
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Messymelly1: 3:09pm On Jun 12, 2019
Ifedith:

Wat reply

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Messymelly1: 3:11pm On Jun 12, 2019
fantilopezzy:
xiaomi is useless
290$ for mi9T 64gb Vesion in china
why will the increase the price to 350$ for Europe
am not happy
I dunno how their market system works rn7 is 40k+ on their local store
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:16pm On Jun 12, 2019
fantilopezzy:
xiaomi is useless
290$ for mi9T 64gb Vesion in china
why will the increase the price to 350$ for Europe
am not happy

Tax in Europe is the culprit, you don't expect them to make heavy losses when the original profit margin is very small
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by slimbiggy(m): 3:22pm On Jun 12, 2019
Please which Xiaomi phone is the best to go for considering battery, chipset, ram, rom, camera? Someone suggested RN7 or RN7 pro but i have no knowledge of the devices.
I have a budget of $500
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by godspeed: 3:30pm On Jun 12, 2019
genius43:

Try these two and choose the best. they are both modded by BSG but the first link is the latest.

https://f.celsoazevedo.com/file/cfiles/gcm1/MGC_3.2.045_MI9SE_V1.apk

Or

https://f.celsoazevedo.com/file/cfiles/gcm1/MGC_6.2.030_MI9SE_V0c.apk

Thanks.

I downloaded the first one and below is the result.

This is my first experience with Gcam, I guess as time goes on I'll understand it better.

I kinda like the way it blurred out the background without me asking

PS
Couldn't attach, file too large
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lavoca: 3:32pm On Jun 12, 2019
slimbiggy:
Please which Xiaomi phone is the best to go for considering battery, chipset, ram, rom, camera? Someone suggested RN7 or RN7 pro but i have no knowledge of the devices.
I have a budget of $500
Google K20 pro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by slimbiggy(m): 3:37pm On Jun 12, 2019
Lavoca:
Google K20 pro

Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fantilopezzy: 3:47pm On Jun 12, 2019
genius43:

Tax in Europe is the culprit, you don't expect them to make heavy losses when the original profit margin is very small
do u think i should get the k20
?? because i don't just like seeing Chinese stuff hear and there
i don't need glo band 28
also is there any major difference between global version and Chinese rom?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kishkosh: 4:00pm On Jun 12, 2019
@genius43 @gptech and other gurus Pls help me. What's the easiest way to root my device to enable me install apps on my memory card so as to free up space on my ram .

Secondly . I installed news app called Flipboard. But I've not been able to log in. I get error message "java.security.cert.certpathvalidator......"

Pls . Help me out . I use redmi note 7
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by onyidon21: 4:03pm On Jun 12, 2019
I don't know whether I am the only one having these thoughts here. It's just about the US vs China trade war and how it affects the smartphone market particularly the Xiaomi fans. I think this trade war will culminate to a point where Xiaomi will be forced to stop giving us android phones.
It's no longer a news that the Chinese tech giant Huawei (which is the world's second largest smart phone producer) has been blacklisted by the US, and as a result US companies such as Google were forced to stop doing businesses with Huawei.
Given this fact, the Chinese government recently threatened to retaliate by blacklisting every foreign company that ended transactions with any Chinese company for non business reasons. In other words, China is about to ban US companies, mostly phone makers from doing businesses with Google.
Also, considering the fact that Xiaomi and Oppo were reportedly testing the new Huawei os that is about to be released soon, I think xiaomi and other Chinese smartphone producers are bracing up for life after Google.
This is just my opinion though
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:11pm On Jun 12, 2019
fantilopezzy:
do u think i should get the k20
?? because i don't just like seeing Chinese stuff hear and there
i don't need glo band 28
also is there any major difference between global version and Chinese rom?

Get it, am sure very soon global ROM will reach the K20.

The major difference between Chinese version and Global Version apart from ROM is just LTE bands.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:13pm On Jun 12, 2019
onyidon21:
I don't know whether I am the only one having these thoughts here. It's just about the US vs China trade war and how it affects the smartphone market particularly the Xiaomi fans. I think this trade war will culminate to a point where Xiaomi will be forced to stop giving us android phones.
It's no longer a news that the Chinese tech giant Huawei (which is the world's second largest smart phone producer) has been blacklisted by the US, and as a result US companies such as Google were forced to stop doing businesses with Huawei.
Given this fact, the Chinese government recently threatened to retaliate by blacklisting every foreign company that ended transactions with any Chinese company for non business reasons. In other words, China is about to ban US companies, mostly phone makers from doing businesses with Google.
Also, considering the fact that Xiaomi and Oppo were reportedly testing the new Huawei os that is about to be released soon, I think xiaomi and other Chinese smartphone producers are bracing up for life after Google.
This is just my opinion though

No need in drawing conclusions, to me it is just business puns, very soon they will reach a reasonable agreement
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elslim: 4:14pm On Jun 12, 2019

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:15pm On Jun 12, 2019
godspeed:

Thanks.

I downloaded the first one and below is the result.

This is my first experience with Gcam, I guess as time goes on I'll understand it better.

I kinda like the way it blurred out the background without me asking

PS
Couldn't attach, file too large

Upload the file to Imgur and share a link here. Or download the app photo & picture resizer, resize the picture and upload here
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:17pm On Jun 12, 2019
slimbiggy:
I have a budget of $500
If you have a budget of $500. Go the 8/256Gb version of the Redmi K20 pro. Check Henry007 profile for a review of the device.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:18pm On Jun 12, 2019
[quote author=Messymelly1 post=79263044][/quote]

If your bootloader is unlocked your best bet is to contact Adamix or Acekid109 to see how you can get the official Global ROM on your device
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fantilopezzy: 4:23pm On Jun 12, 2019
genius43:

Get it, am sure very soon global ROM will reach the K20.

The major difference between Chinese version and Global Version apart from ROM is just LTE bands.
so if i get the k20 global rom Version
no need for the global version
and hope ot won't get affected by up coming ota update like rn5 users experienced
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OHIsIManuEL(m): 4:24pm On Jun 12, 2019
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gsparks01(m): 4:34pm On Jun 12, 2019
jboixxx:

Oops! That's a serious case o. Try using diskpart utility. Try the process attached (if you haven't), if it doesn't work, I'm afraid it's GONE, but if it does, there's hope for data recovery (might not recover all though).

Enter each disk part line that's after > line by line

Best of luck, sir
Gracias!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Messymelly1: 4:36pm On Jun 12, 2019
genius43:

If your bootloader is unlocked your best bet is to contact Adamix or Acekid109 to see how you can get the official Global ROM on your device
yeah my bootloader is unlocked
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by onecornerboy(m): 4:53pm On Jun 12, 2019
genius43:

No need in drawing conclusions, to me it is just business puns, very soon they will reach a reasonable agreement
yeah
i just watched a video on how google are lamenting that huwai new os will be a threat to US security

(1) (2) (3) ... (5210) (5211) (5212) (5213) (5214) (5215) (5216) ... (9314) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.